Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I just got my last three Classic Turtles from Amazon, and I think I'm all done with this series now (lol). Two of the four turtles have the crazy eye (Donnie and Mikey) so I'll probably scour the aisles for correct ones come release day if in fact these paint jobs were done by accident and not on purpose.

Just found 'em at TRU - the new style ones, anyway. It was mostly picked clean save for a couple, so I picked up Raph and Krang.

Raph is sweet! Lots of functional articulation, awesome accessories that he holds well, a great stylistic design, and pretty much all around fun! Wish Playmates would articulate anyone else but the turtles...

Still, Krang is really neat. I mean, I would LOVE him if he had some knees and elbows, but he's not bad without 'em. Would be better without Playmates' ability to find the most awkward pre-pose for thier figures (his legs and feet are annoying) but I still find myself loving the design and the squishy Krang! Weapons are also pretty cool, and thankfully he can hold them with those thin fingers. The bios makes it out to be one Krang out of many, so it's sort of an army builder too!

These two figures have sealed the deal, I think. I may be into this line!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Finally got around to reviewing Kraang.

Not as good as the Turtles, but fun none the less.

Not as bad as some make him out to be.

Kraang Figure Review
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Gotta agree with you, Slaughter! It takes a lot to get me on the side of a figure in one of those annoying action poses. I think this guy has what it takes! The squishy Krang is just so cool! I also love how he fits in the old mini-Krang robot body; glad that's one of the figures I still have from the old days. He also looks kinda cool in the blue mini walker that comes with 'em. Still, I stand by your statements as well, and the whole package is pretty cool - Krang and body together. I am curious about what some Revoltech joints could do for him though...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

This is pretty cool

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

southern california...where the weather isn't all that hot...but the girls sure are :D
    Am i the only one that heard Casey Kasem narrating that video? lol

HD figures on youtube
    Good to see playsets are not completly dead!!!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    This is pretty cool
    I want to buy it on principal alone! very cool to see a giant playset in this day and age good to see it's NOT the cardboard facade people were suspecitng
    Quote Originally Posted by optibotimus View Post
    it sounded like a cross between David Koechner (Champ kind from anchorman) and Stephen Root to me!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I want to buy it on principal alone! very cool to see a giant playset in this day and age good to see it's NOT the cardboard facade people were suspecitng
    Yeah I have to give credit to Playmates they are going all in with this line, there are other videos on their YT page that show how to put together the Van, etc.

It is great to see in 2012 at least one company is not afraid of putting out an assortment of vehicles and a gigantic playset

We can only hope customers reward them, and with as hot as TMNT is right now they could be really happy at the end of Christmas with their sales

I mean just look at what Bandai put out to launch Thundercats with the Tower of Omens and the Thundertank/Thunder Racers and compare it to TMNT's launch. Its like different worlds but the companies are very similar being 2nd or 3rd tier toy companies.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

It looks like Splinter is going to peg-warm in my area. They had 2 of them when I was there on Friday. Thursday rolls around and there is still one sitting there. All the other secondary characters have sold but him. Friday seems to be shipment day for my TRU, so I am expecting to see 3 or 4 Splinters there in the morning.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    It looks like Splinter is going to peg-warm in my area. They had 2 of them when I was there on Friday. Thursday rolls around and there is still one sitting there. All the other secondary characters have sold but him. Friday seems to be shipment day for my TRU, so I am expecting to see 3 or 4 Splinters there in the morning.
    As he should since he is a horrible figure, April should too but she won't because she is shortpacked.

The Turtles are moving fast at our two TRU, all they have left is the fat 10.5" turtles and the vehicles

Regular figs and Role Play items sell out fast, as does the Foot Solider Bike (not the Shell Vehicle or the 2 cheaper vehicles)

Yeah, they sold really well. There is only set of turtles left. I think they initially had 7 or maybe 8 sets, so that's a lot of figures sold. No sign of the classics line maybe tomorrow.

I know of a TRU that is half hour away. I may take a ride down there this weekend. It's amazing how different the stock can sometimes be between the two stores.

Yeah, they sold really well. There is only set of turtles left. I think they initially had 7 or maybe 8 sets, so that's a lot of figures sold. No sign of the classics line maybe tomorrow.

I know of a TRU that is half hour away. I may take a ride down there this weekend. It's amazing how different the stock can sometimes be between the two stores.
    Also there is a printable 20% off coupon on the net for any purchase over $75 (goes til 7/22), if people are wanting things like the Van or the big 10.5" you can use that and save quite a bit.

Whew...I don't use this word very often, but that playset is friggin' EPIC. When was the last time they made a playset that big for a toyline that wasn't Imaginext?

Ugh...I want it so bad, but it's SO HUGE. And honestly, I just wouldn't make the same use of it that I would have back in the day. I'd hate to get the gigantic thing and have it sit there all the time. But man, SO COOL.

Yeah I have to give credit to Playmates they are going all in with this line, there are other videos on their YT page that show how to put together the Van, etc.

It is great to see in 2012 at least one company is not afraid of putting out an assortment of vehicles and a gigantic playset

We can only hope customers reward them, and with as hot as TMNT is right now they could be really happy at the end of Christmas with their sales

I mean just look at what Bandai put out to launch Thundercats with the Tower of Omens and the Thundertank/Thunder Racers and compare it to TMNT's launch. Its like different worlds but the companies are very similar being 2nd or 3rd tier toy companies.
    ugh, don't remind me of that tower of omens thing! Actually when watching this video I thought "now THIS is how the TOO should have been done" even though I'm not a TCats collector.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

You guys really hate that tower

I think it was an ok purchase, so long as you weren't stupid enough to pay any more than $15

You guys really hate that tower

I think it was an ok purchase, so long as you weren't stupid enough to pay any more than $15
    well not everyone knew they should wait till the line bottomed out

For the record I got it for $12 on clearance lol

well not everyone knew they should wait till the line bottomed out

LOL. I can't imagine someone having paid full price for it. Really, I owe Pixel Dan something for that one. I'll make it up to him some time.

$15 and under is ok because with customization it's not that bad as a backdrop piece. I'd pay $5 for it myself no more than that.

Fear is faith in failure

I don't even think you could get the translucent Tygra figure for $5, not with shipping.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    stopped in TRU today they had two Splinters, a Mikey, and a Kraang left. I snagged the Kraang and asked an employee who was reshelving stuff if they had any more they just hadn't put out. She said that was all for the moment but there was a truck coming with a fresh shipment tomorrow, so I'm gonna head back early tomorrow morning (assuming I don't sleep till after noon since I'm heading to a midnight showing of Dark Knight Rises) and hopefully get April and Shredder.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

I actually really, really like the April figure. I love the design concept that she's a teenager and on the same level as the turtles. I guess the #5 on her jersey really suggests she's the 5th member of the team. The fig also has a really cool animated style to her that reminds me of those new Supergirl/Batgirl/Donna Troy cartoons. Just saying, I'm a fan.

My TRU still didn't get any Classics in. I did get another April (might keep one) and a Foot Soldier.

I really like the Foot Soldier. Not sure about the articulation, but it looks great.

I couldn't bring myself to buy kraang or splinter. I guess I'll just have an incomplete collection unless there's a sale.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    I just got my last three Classic Turtles from Amazon, and I think I'm all done with this series now (lol). Two of the four turtles have the crazy eye (Donnie and Mikey) so I'll probably scour the aisles for correct ones come release day if in fact these paint jobs were done by accident and not on purpose.
    I just received my order today for all 4 Turtles from Amazon and I have a similar problem.... with the same 2 figures, in fact. Donatello is looking in 2 different directions. Mikey's eyes are looking the same way, but he is looking up. I hope that this isn't going to be an issue with EVERY Mikey and Don figure.

Even Raph's aren't quite as good as they should be IMO, but I can live with him the way he is. Leo's eyes were the only ones that I would say are close to "perfect."

I also hope that this isn't an issue with all of the figures like these. That will suck if it is. I would consider sending them back and asking for replacements, but my concern is that I might end up with figures that are just as bad, if not worse (though I'm not sure how much worse Don's eyes could get). I may just keep an eye out for them in the stores, like you. The only ones that I've opened as of now are Leo and Raph. I'm keeping Mikey and Don in package right now. If I find better ones in a store, then I will buy those, and then return the ones with the goofy eyes to that store with that receipt.

If none of that pans out, then I may take a crack as repainting the eyes myself, but that will be an absolute last resort.

- - - Updated - - -

This is pretty cool
    Wow, that playset is pretty sweet! I wasn't going to collect the new line, but now I may change my mind based on that (especially depending upon what the fate of MOTUC ends up being). I wouldn't be completist by any means, but I could see getting that set and a few figures to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by optibotimus View Post
    He did have a bit of a Casey Kasem vibe! I knew the voice sounded kind of familiar.

- - - Updated - - -

In regards to the Classic versions of Don and Mikey and their weird eyes, I'm starting to think it might be an issue that effects all or at least a significant amount of the figures. These review videos for each of them have eyes that look very similar to the ones that I got:

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Yeah the eye thing is pretty much standard, I have been through 3 cases so far and not really seen any standouts that have correct eyes.