Page 18 of 73 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah the eye thing is pretty much standard, I have been through 3 cases so far and not really seen any standouts that have correct eyes.
    Doh! That sucks!

Hmmm.. now I'm debating on opening my Mikey and Don figures. I may still hold out a bit. Who knows... maybe when/if I find them at retail, I will find a couple of them with "errors" in the paint job on their eyes that actually make them look normal.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Doh! That sucks!

Hmmm.. now I'm debating on opening my Mikey and Don figures. I may still hold out a bit. Who knows... maybe when/if I find them at retail, I will find a couple of them with "errors" in the paint job on their eyes that actually make them look normal.
    Yeah I would just hold on to them if the eyes really bother you, you will see them at retail next month.

There will be no shortage of the Classics from what Playmates has told retailers. I talked with two Playmate Toys agents last week and they said they are getting Classics out to retail as fast as they get them in so once the line launches for real you should be able to find some that might have better eyes.

Its only scare now because the official launch of the toyline is not till 7/29 so people are rushing to get the toys.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I LOVE my classics tmnt turtles. Yeah donnie has a crazy eye but i am painting them all white anyway.

I REALLY can not wait for more figures from this line.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Wow, that playset is pretty sweet! I wasn't going to collect the new line, but now I may change my mind based on that (especially depending upon what the fate of MOTUC ends up being). I wouldn't be completist by any means, but I could see getting that set and a few figures to go with it.

This a nice line. Can't go wrong for $8.99. This is a great time to be an action figure collector with lines like TRON Legacy, Thundercats, Men in Black, Ninja Turtles, and on and on. I just hope they put out a weapons pack with some painted weapons.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Well they should be in stock at every single Target for their launch on the 29th, the issue is whether you can get someone to get them from the back. There are some really disinterested Target employees I have seen
    Well, the Targets around here STILL do NOT have them! I'm very glad I drove many MANY miles 2 wednesdays ago to get my set, because even TRU near that Target were sold out that day.
    7569974952_54ea162aae_z.jpg
    love this line
    7569974344_422e7898d7_z.jpg
    ahhh
    ! TMNT nice Kitty - MY PIC 2012-07-14-1530 (131).jpg
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

7/29 is the official release date for Target so you will see them then Unless someone bought them from the back
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

That is the official week for Targets toy reset. So for you Turtle and Monster High fans that is the week to check for new toys.

It isn't too late for them to save Splinter. They can release him as a kung-fu kangaroo. He just needs a different tail and brown head. Then they can put out a new splinter

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I LOVE my classics tmnt turtles. Yeah donnie has a crazy eye but i am painting them all white anyway.

I REALLY can not wait for more figures from this line.
    Can you post pics of them with white eyes once you have done that? I'm interested to see how that turns out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
    Well, the Targets around here STILL do NOT have them! I'm very glad I drove many MANY miles 2 wednesdays ago to get my set, because even TRU near that Target were sold out that day.
    7569974952_54ea162aae_z.jpg
    love this line
    7569974344_422e7898d7_z.jpg
    ahhh
    ! TMNT nice Kitty - MY PIC 2012-07-14-1530 (131).jpg
    Are these about the same height as the vintage Turtles line? Looking at them in the old layer playset (which I still have) would make it appear to be so.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Are these about the same height as the vintage Turtles line? Looking at them in the old layer playset (which I still have) would make it appear to be so.
    Check out out Dan's video review of the NYTF Mikey as it has that covered for you:
    http://pixel-dan.com/playmates-teena...figure-review/
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.

I finally found these at TRU today and they looked great.

I'm really trying to cut down though so I passed on them.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I got my Classic Turtles I pre-ordered from BBTS and opened them up last night. I LOVE these figures! The hand articulation is a little weird. I could have done without the finger joints. And the only other real flaw is that my Donatello has wonky eyes. But even still, I find myself very excited about these figures! I really hope Playmates gives us more than just the four turtles in Classic style! Bring on some villains! This is like another dream toyline!

Expect LOTS of TMNT videos from me real soon.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I spoke with my Playmates rep in Consumer & Office Services yesterday afternoon, they are getting swamped with orders for the Classics and 4" line and retail is demanding more product so I definitely think we will see more waves of both by Toy Fair if not before

If your looking for them. Walmart.com has them in stock. Yet they're not listed when you do a search for TMNT.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I spoke with my Playmates rep in Consumer & Office Services yesterday afternoon, they are getting swamped with orders for the Classics and 4" line and retail is demanding more product so I definitely think we will see more waves of both by Toy Fair if not before
    That could only mean GREAT things for the line!
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.

Still reviewing these guys and today we're looking at everyone's favorite nerdy Turtle, Donatello!

I gotta be honest, I really like this figure. I'm torn between him and Mikey as my favorite of the Nick designs.

It's sort of amazing how much I've forgotten my hatred of the third toe. That's thanks in part to the great sculpts and ton of fun that these guys are.

As usual, I got the full breakdown so take a look if you're thinking about picking one of these guys up!

Infinite Hollywood: Nickelodeon Ninja Turtle Donatello Review

Thanks for reading!
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

I don't really mind the three toes at all, but I do feel like the feet are a little bigger than they need to be. Shredder has the same problem, his feet are huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    If your looking for them. Walmart.com has them in stock. Yet they're not listed when you do a search for TMNT.
    Wish I would have seen this when it first posted...just checked now and they are sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factorz View Post
    Wish I would have seen this when it first posted...just checked now and they are sold out.
    They will come back in stock, they have done so three times so far. As we get closer to the release date you will see more availability

The Classics are VERY hot right now, I have sold out a few times now as has Playmates website and now Walmart. I have not seen activity like this for a boys line in quite some time, Amazon still has them as does Playmates website but its for $16.99-18 ea

I received the CC Leo yesterday from Amazon and I am quite impressed. I only got Leo because he's my fave turtle and I wanted to test the waters to see what the quality was like. Needless to say, I'll definitely be picking up the rest when I see them in stores. Might even wait until the next run on Donatello to see if they fix the eye issue. Wasn't Playmates waiting to see how the CC line performed to determine if they would be going forward with it? Sounds like the reception is unanimously positive and sales are great coming out of the gate. Shredder would be SO good in this style.

Which four classics characters would you like to see in the next wave?

I'd say Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady

Then: April, Splinter, Casey Jones, Foot Soldier

Finally (fingers crossed): Baxter Stockman, Rat King, Metalhead, Irma
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    So wait, do the Classics come out the same day as the rest of the regular line does on the 29th? Or are they projected for another time?

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    So wait, do the Classics come out the same day as the rest of the regular line does on the 29th? Or are they projected for another time?
    They "might" appear at the same time but I can tell you they are shipping differently from Playmates. The 7/29 date only applies to the 4" line and its vehicles/characters.

The Classics just have a date of "August" as far as distribution goes. There is currently no DPCI number for the Classics at Target, Walmart has just gotten them online and most retailers are just getting their initial shipments now.

Heroic Warrior
    Found the Classics at a store called Hastings. Mikey was gone, Don and Leo had wonky eyes, so I just grabbed Raph for now. Very cool figures.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

MAN I love these guys! Favorite turtles ever, seriously! The previous movie turtles are just put to shame by these guys. There's more of this junk on my new blog!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.