Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

I have had my 4" Turtles out on my desk since I got them. I like them almost more than the Classics because they just feel fun to play with.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I have had my 4" Turtles out on my desk since I got them. I like them almost more than the Classics because they just feel fun to play with.
    "Fun to play with" is the key, there! I'm only gona get Raph in the classics, to start with, 'cause I'm just not sure I will like them. Playmates has always had an odd understanding of articulation. Often times they just did not know how to use a cut joint or how to pre-pose a figure in a useful pose. So here they break their mold and do articulation and WAY overdo it. Why do they need the fingers and toes to move?

I'll reserve my judgement for when I get them, but I have a feeling the little guys will continue to be WAY more fun.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Yeah, they are the "right" size that they should be. Bigger isn't always better. Besides that, the line has more characters in it. I haven't seen the classics yet because I can't find them. My TRU did not get them in today, but I suspect that I will prefer the smaller figures over those.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I'm very interested in the TMNT Classics Collection, but I can't find them in the stores. Any info at all about which stores in the Seattle area carry them, or when they will be available? I won't be buying them online, due to the eye problem people are reporting.

If we could get Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, and Foot Soldier before this line ends, I'll be a happy camper!
    Last edited by AdultCollector; July 29, 2012 at 01:41am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    I'm very interested in the TMNT Classics Collection, but I can't find them in the stores. Any info at all about which stores in the Seattle area carry them, or when they will be available? I won't be buying them online, due to the eye problem people are reporting.
    Walmart, Target and TRU should all have them soon. They are just starting to hit retail.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

If we could get Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, and Foot Soldier before this line ends, I'll be a happy camper!
    Check in the next 2 weeks, Toys R Us should be the first. Walmart has them, Target will get them soon but does not currently have them

Also if you are wanting the 4" Targets who have done their reset now have 1/3 of an aisle devoted to the TMNT with the 4" and the Action Sounds 4"
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Thank you for the info Markatisu! I called around and no one has them yet, except a comic store in Seattle (Golden Age Collectibles) and they want $30 a piece! Toys R' Us told me there is nothing listed for TMNT being shipped in for at least two weeks (which is as far ahead as they can look in their database). Wal-Mart said it would be at least a month, "if we get them in at all." I'll keep an ear out for them. There were rumors that Target had them in the back and would bring them out today, but Target told me they didn't have them.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; July 29, 2012 at 03:17pm.

Thank you for the info Markatisu! I called around and no one has them yet, except a comic store in Seattle (Golden Age Collectibles) and they want $30 a piece! Toys R' Us told me there is nothing listed for TMNT being shipped in for at least two weeks (which is as far ahead as they can look in their database). Wal-Mart said it would be at least a month, "if we get them in at all." I'll keep an ear out for them.
    Yeah Playmates is behind due to demand on shipping the Classics out. Target has a product code but its not active yet, once its active you will know they have been shipped to stores.

When I tell people the Classics are going to be HUGE I am honestly telling the truth, I think we will see a 2nd wave rather quickly after they hit stores. People I think are weary because of what happened to Thundercats but Playmates has themselves primed and ready to go so much more than Bandai did.

Once the show hits I think all the TMNT stuff is going to move, I saw kids yesterday stopping and looking at the Target display but obviously being shocked they were out they had not planned to buy them.

I played with the 4" Action Sounds figures yesterday, I don't stock them so it was my first time checking them out and they are too much fun. I love how you can hold their arms and they make a longer sound effect then if you just move them normal

I went to two Targets and a Wal-Mart today with my kid and saw nothing on the shelves, not even price tags. One employee at Target went into the back for me, but all they had were power swords and costume stuff. I wonder if a reseller already bought the action figures that they were supposed to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I went to two Targets and a Wal-Mart today with my kid and saw nothing on the shelves, not even price tags. One employee at Target went into the back for me, but all they had were power swords and costume stuff. I wonder if a reseller already bought the action figures that they were supposed to have.
    Go to the Jordan Creek Target, they had a massive display. Valley West Mall Target has the Action sounds figures out

Go to the Jordan Creek Target, they had a massive display. Valley West Mall Target has the Action sounds figures out
    Really? I just went to Valley and that's who looked in the back for me. Nothing was on the shelves there. I might have to hit up the Jordan Creek one, since Urbandale was the other one I went to. Did they have a ton of figures?

Yeah Playmates is behind due to demand on shipping the Classics out. Target has a product code but its not active yet, once its active you will know they have been shipped to stores.

When I tell people the Classics are going to be HUGE I am honestly telling the truth, I think we will see a 2nd wave rather quickly after they hit stores. People I think are weary because of what happened to Thundercats but Playmates has themselves primed and ready to go so much more than Bandai did.

Once the show hits I think all the TMNT stuff is going to move, I saw kids yesterday stopping and looking at the Target display but obviously being shocked they were out they had not planned to buy them.

I played with the 4" Action Sounds figures yesterday, I don't stock them so it was my first time checking them out and they are too much fun. I love how you can hold their arms and they make a longer sound effect then if you just move them normal
    That is great news that Classics is doing so well. Hell, from what I am reading, everything TMNT seems to be doing well.

My preorder at BBTS was cancelled because these are not available outside of the US yet. I had to pay a significant mark up on eBay to make sure I could get them but then I heard Amazon were selling them at a decent price. Oh well, hopefully they arrive this week.

I am starting to get interested in the nick figures after seeing all the pictures and reviews. I might wait until they eventually hit retail here.

I am just happy that the lines are doing so well. One step closer to Mutagen Man and Muckman & Joe Eyeball Classics figures

I really like the classics but don't really want to pick them up unless we at least get a Shreddar, Bebop, Rocksteady, Casey, and April to go with them. Has Playmates made any more announcements for the Classics line?

I know the feeling. The fun level is off the charts.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I really like the classics but don't really want to pick them up unless we at least get a Shreddar, Bebop, Rocksteady, Casey, and April to go with them. Has Playmates made any more announcements for the Classics line?
    The only thing I have heard is that they were waiting to see how things went first with this line before committing to any more figures. My only concern with future waves is if they will have decent articulation.

The line has the potential to be huge and if initial sales are as good as what is being reported then it will reach that potential.

I went to the other Target and they had all the characters from the new series in stock. I got a few for my son's birthday coming up. I was tempted to get a few for myself, but I'll probably just get me some Classics when they come out.

I made a short run today and hit all the usual spots. Target and Wal-Mart had no TMNT stuff out at all, new or classics. I also went to Hastings since I understand they've been spotted there but nada as well. I was sure I would only get Leo from the CC line, but I buckled and just ordered the classics of Mike and Raph from Amazon. I've got Prime so expedited shipping is free and the markup isn't that significant, plus it'll save me the headache of the hunt. I'm holding off on Don for now in the hopes that I can find a non-derpy version in stores eventually. It does exist, as I saw a video haul of all four on YT yesterday and the eyes on that Don were perfectly straight.

Yeah they do exist, I have received 4-5 cases and there were a few

Ironically it appears the corrected versions are the oddities, maybe If enough people complain to Playmates they can make sure future figures have the right eyes all the time (or Maybe future revisions already do)

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Funny, looking at my Amazon.com ordered Classics it's Donnie and Mikey that have wonked out eyes where as every review I've seen has at least Mikey with straight eyes.

I haven't tried going out to look around today, but I might try a quick TRU/Target run just to see what's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    Funny, looking at my Amazon.com ordered Classics it's Donnie and Mikey that have wonked out eyes where as every review I've seen has at least Mikey with straight eyes.

I haven't tried going out to look around today, but I might try a quick TRU/Target run just to see what's out there.
    I went to two TRU's today and both had the same thing

-Jumbo 10-11" Turtles
    -4" Standard Line
    -Van
    -Bike/Skateboard
    -Shell Vehicle/Ninja Foot Bike
    -Role Play Items

The only thing they are missing is Classics

Target should have the same as well as the Action Sounds figures

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I hit a TRU and I only saw the vehicles. These turtles are hard to find. I'm just waiting for Walmart to get them. That's the nearest store for me.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Pretty slim pickings in my area. TRU has an end cap that was plucked dry of the 4" figures (minus the duds of Splinter and Krang) while they had a lot of the vehicles taking up space. Target had a very thin strip of space in their main toy aisle that had Leo's role-play weapons at the top with the vehicles TRU didn't have at the bottom. I think it's that when people found out the Target DCPI number, they got the figures before the display went up and the store launched with empty gaps. TRU actually put their end cap up last week, so there was plenty of time for figures to be purchased ahead of schedule.

I basically only need an extra set of the Classics and I'll be done with this first run of the line. I would buy them off Amazon, like I did with my first set, but I want to cherry pick corrected eye paint ones, so I'm not gonna leave it up to chance through Amazon.

I found the 2006 TMNT Fast Forward Hover HQ at a flea market today for $12, only missing 2 weapons but works pretty good with the 4" 2012 Line

I bought all 4 of the Classics on Amazon with their free standard shipping.
    Saw a few of Pixel Dan's reviews of the cartoon guys. Went to 2 TRUs, the first only had Splinters and the 2nd only had Don, Mikey, Shredder and Kraang. I grabbed what I found, so I'm about halfway complete with the wave. Will probably need to buy a few army builder Foot Soldiers. I only had one of him as a kid, it was quite sad having the turtles beat the poor guy up over and over again.
    I like the classics better, but I think the cartoon ones will be a big hit once the actual cartoon hits. But bring on Classics Bebop, Rocksteady, Shredder, Krang, Baxter, Splinter, April...etc.

southern california...where the weather isn't all that hot...but the girls sure are :D
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    BUY THEM. Playmates has told me directly that future classic figures will be entirely dependent on how well the Turtles themselves sell