Page 20 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

They've been released at TRU Canada, both classics and the new style, I picked up two of the new guys, Don and Mikey, opened em up and decided I had to go back for Leo and Raph, these guys are very cool and lots of fun. The classics are better looking in person than they are online, but I only saw Raph, I'm still unsure of them though, as I said the Fred Wolf toon look isn't my favourite incarnation, the biggest sticking point it the 'nose' coming up over the mask, i don't like the TOONY look so much but again they do look better in person, and honestly, they seem to be flying off the shelves so whether I buy em or not, Playmates is going to be doing some more classics. If they do a cartoon accurate shredder I will buy him, but looking at the size of these classics turtles I doubt that shredder will be to scale.

Anyway I'm loving the new look turtle toys probably my favourite since the NECA ones and truth be told I kind of like these more (based on the head designs) I'd say the NECA ones are better over all but I prefer the design of the new toon heads over the original comic look.
    Last edited by krosfyah; July 30, 2012 at 01:44pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

So is this a place to discuss the IDW TMNT comic as well now or has it changed since the toys hit? Is any one reading it?

I read issue #12 which finishes up the first year. I have enjoyed the comics so far and this iteration is up there as my favourite TMNT era. I love the Krang redesign and Old Hob is a pretty cool new character.

But in issue #12, Old Hob is "fired" by Baxter who shoots him in the chest, seemingly killing him. That whole scene with the future Baxter set up was pretty cool.

The listing on Target.com for the Classics line has been updated with pictures, and the in-store item number (Store Item Number (DPCI): 242-19-1466). Washington State Target stores don't have them in yet. The Northgate location told me they won't be getting in the Classics line at all. When I gave the in-store item number to two other Target stores, they told me it's an "online only" item and that they wouldn't be getting it in.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; July 30, 2012 at 01:44pm.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    The listing on Target.com for the Classics line has been updated with pictures, and the in-store item number (Store Item Number (DPCI): 242-19-1466). Washington State Target stores don't have them in yet. The Northgate location told me they won't be getting in the Classics line at all. When I gave the in-store item number to two other Target stores said, they told me it's an "online only" item and that they wouldn't be getting it in.
    Yeah that will change as they come into more Target distribution centers. Probably around September at the latest
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Look what I scored today!

Found them at a comic/toy shop called Docking Bay 93 not far from my house. They were only $18.50 each, and he gave me the display case for free! All ~5 of his Donatello figures were wonky eyed, and he offered to give me a buck off of each figure if I bought the whole set. Fortunately he had a whole case and I was able to pick out the best ones. I'll hold off until I can find a corrected Donatello. Cannot wait to start my TMNT photo collection!
    Last edited by AdultCollector; July 30, 2012 at 03:58pm.

That is awesome, congrats on the find!!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I love that display box! I'm going to need to find me one of those!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Snappy Threader
    That is real cool for sure!

So where can the classics be found other than TRU and Target (online only according to their site), and comic shops/secondary market? I suppose Wal-Mart and K-Mart aren't carrying them? What's the price at the store? Thanks

So this is not a place to discuss the comic?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    So where can the classics be found other than TRU and Target (online only according to their site), and comic shops/secondary market? I suppose Wal-Mart and K-Mart aren't carrying them? What's the price at the store? Thanks
    Walmart is carrying it online right now, they will have it in stores but it will be later this month/early September. Kmart....well Kmart is anyone's guess on a lot of things. I don't see why they would not as they carry just about everything but in the fall they tend to stockpile their items for Christmas so it would not surprise me if they waited till Oct/Nov to launch big.

Playmates Toys have them available on their webstore, and Amazon has them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    So this is not a place to discuss the comic?
    Well we don't have a TMNT Comic Thread so I would assume most people just don't read the comic. I can change the title to be all encompassing

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Well we don't have a TMNT Comic Thread so I would assume most people just don't read the comic. I can change the title to be all encompassing
    I could have sworn there were more people who read the comic but I didn't want to start a new TMNT thread as we already seem to have enough on the first page of this section

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I'd say start a TMNT comic thread, if there isn't one. I'll certainly be in on that conversation, but it should probably be kept separate from figure talk.

Thanks Markatisu. I've asked around a bit and no one has really helped, so thank you. : I

EDIT: All I see on Walmart.com is the new Nickelodean series, but no classics. : / Going to try playmates.com now.

EDIT #2: playmates.com is a playboy site!! Is it playmatestoys.com, or something? checks again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I could have sworn there were more people who read the comic but I didn't want to start a new TMNT thread as we already seem to have enough on the first page of this section
    Use this one http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...T-Comic-Thread

I retitled it but that is where the IDW Comic was announced so discussion should go there

Has anyone heard of entertainment earth? Are they legite and or secure? Playmatestoys.com only has Raph. : /

Has anyone heard of entertainment earth? Are they legite and or secure? Playmatestoys.com only has Raph. : /
    Entertainment Earth is one of the largest distributors in the world. I have a wholesale account there and have done business with them for years.

You can also look at Big Bad Toy Store, Amazon.com and others.

Playmates has the whole set in stock, you gotta click on the entire turtles not just the splash page that features Ralph

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Found the talking figures at the one Target that wouldn't let me buy the 4" line early.

Still no Classics =(

Use this one http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...T-Comic-Thread

I retitled it but that is where the IDW Comic was announced so discussion should go there
    Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    I'd say start a TMNT comic thread, if there isn't one. I'll certainly be in on that conversation, but it should probably be kept separate from figure talk.
    I'll see you there

Thanks Mark, and thanks for the pm! Entertainment earth has a case and the price breaks down to $14 each and some change, but it comes with 3 full sets. I'll have to find some local friends to go in on it. Can't decide if I want 2 sets for open and MOC. : /

Thanks Mark, and thanks for the pm! Entertainment earth has a case and the price breaks down to $14 each and some change, but it comes with 3 full sets. I'll have to find some local friends to go in on it. Can't decide if I want 2 sets for open and MOC. : /
    Just remember Entertainment Earth is waiting on product from Playmates so there is not exact date as to when you will get your shipment. So if time is a factor you are best going elsewhere. But if not a case is definitely the way to go. It will also give you the ability to pick which figure you want

Was surprised to find these at retail in Canada before many people in the states. Found them at TRU at $21.99 each. They came in a case of 8 without the displayer. Been a little bored with MOTUC lately so I was pretty stoked to find these...

One of the Don's had the wonky eyes everyone has been finding, but this one seems to be pretty normal. Over all I would say the eye painting is pretty sloppy on most of the figures. Wondering if their is even a paint mask for the eyes, or if they are just dabbing the paint on randomly...

Saw this online, they actually look pretty good with the standard white eyes. I might have to do this with mine

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I really do not like the pupils in their eyes. They look too cartoony.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Saw this online, they actually look pretty good with the standard white eyes. I might have to do this with mine

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...47681774_n.jpg
    if I decide to get them, I'll do this for sure. I don't like my turtles to have pupils for the most part.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure