Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

SO sad these will never hit TRUs in this country.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Why so? If you have TRU, they'll bring it sooner or later.
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_SLUMP View Post
    Why so? If you have TRU, they'll bring it sooner or later.
    He is from South Africa, the international sales of TMNT are different then in America. I think Bandai will be selling it in the UK in 2013. No idea where else but its a licensing issue
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I liked the TRU at the Century City Mall actually. had some stuff us Canadians never saw!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    He is from South Africa, the international sales of TMNT are different then in America. I think Bandai will be selling it in the UK in 2013. No idea where else but its a licensing issue
    It might be different in South Africa, but to put in in perspective the Bandai Thundercats have only just started to trickle in to Australia.

As an international customer it is so frustrating when I can go online and see these cool toys but then get told I am not allowed to ge them. Luckily, I now have some good contacts (thanks Mark ) to make it a little less frustrating.

I can get to see the Avengers movie before those in the US but I can't buy toys before them

Very disappointed with the new talking turtles. They really don't say anything very amusing and have zero articulation. I love the way they include weapons with the guys, as if you could actually get any poses out of them. $14 seems awfully steep for glorified statues that can say 3 or 4 phrases over and over again. The toy companies really need to do away with deluxe figures, they cost more and provide less than the basic action figures. They are a complete waste of tooling and resources.

And while I am on a bit of a mini-rant here, what is up with that transforming Incredible Hulk tank? That is the most ridiculous toy I have seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Very disappointed with the new talking turtles. They really don't say anything very amusing and have zero articulation. I love the way they include weapons with the guys, as if you could actually get any poses out of them. $14 seems awfully steep for glorified statues that can say 3 or 4 phrases over and over again. The toy companies really need to do away with deluxe figures, they cost more and provide less than the basic action figures. They are a complete waste of tooling and resources.

And while I am on a bit of a mini-rant here, what is up with that transforming Incredible Hulk tank? That is the most ridiculous toy I have seen in a long time.
    Yeah I saw those transforming ones this weekend and just laughed thinking how horrible they look

I think though for the Action sounds ones its more of an impulse buy, kids like things that talk and move (its proven time and again). Plus the Shredder from that series looks 100x better than the 4" counterpart because of the cape
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Yeah I saw those transforming ones this weekend and just laughed thinking how horrible they look

I think though for the Action sounds ones its more of an impulse buy, kids like things that talk and move (its proven time and again). Plus the Shredder from that series looks 100x better than the 4" counterpart because of the cape

I'm not saying that won't sell; maybe they will. I just can't help but thinking we could have got more 4" figures instead of those (ie. slash, leatherhead, casey jones, etc.)

I'm not saying that won't sell; maybe they will. I just can't help but thinking we could have got more 4" figures instead of those (ie. slash, leatherhead, casey jones, etc.)
    Perhaps, of course that would be an incredible first wave to have that many characters. What you meant to say was they could have made more Classics with that money

Yeah, they could have done that too

Bandai made the same mistake, and they paid for it.. We got inferior versions of Lion-o and Tygra marked way up,
    That effort could have gone into some other characters (Jaga, Jackelman, etc.)

Yeah, they could have done that too

Bandai made the same mistake, and they paid for it.. We got inferior versions of Lion-o and Tygra marked way up,
    That effort could have gone into some other characters (Jaga, Jackelman, etc.)
    Yeah except Bandai had a huge problem with character selection and case ratios, trust me retail won't take a bath if the Action sounds figures don't move. Its not a line killer, that also goes for the rest of the TMNT line.

Its basically priced to succeed. For this line to falter financially it would seriously have to have NOTHING sell which just won't be the case. Playmates has played things very smart and taken their time.

I guess. It just kills me to see items of that nature taking up space.

The Men in Black 3 figures seem to me to be the way deluxe figures should be done.
    You get the basic figure (not an inferior version) with a really cool add-on included.
    Now that's a deluxe figure.

I guess. It just kills me to see items of that nature taking up space.

The Men in Black 3 figures seem to me to be the way deluxe figures should be done.
    You get the basic figure (not an inferior version) with a really cool add-on included.
    Now that's a deluxe figure.
    Ironic given the MIB3 series I think claims the prize for fastest failure at retail

I actually think Toys R Us would have done better getting the Action sounds as an exclusive instead of those monstrously fat 10.5-11" figures they picked.

Ironic given the MIB3 series I think claims the prize for fastest failure at retail

Apparently, the character selection was not so good. But I can tell you that the deluxe Agent K with transforming ray gun vehicle is a steal for $3.99 at Target..... unlike the deluxe Lion-o, which should have been that price all along!

I actually think Toys R Us would have done better getting the Action sounds as an exclusive instead of those monstrously fat 10.5-11" figures they picked.
    On that we can agree. Those things are huge and hugely expensive. No way I would green light something similar to those if I were in charge of a line.

My local target is wiped out of turtles! All they had left is a few shellraisers. Stuff must have flew.

Both of my Targets are now out of Thundercats. There aren't many stores left in my area where TC toys can still be had D:

Looks like Dogpound, Fishface and Metalhead will hit before the end of the year;

http://www.playmatestoys.com/brands/...-figures/basic

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Looks like Dogpound, Fishface and Metalhead will hit before the end of the year;
    http://www.playmatestoys.com/brands/...-figures/basic
    Was Metalhead in the newer cartoons? He's make an amazing 6 inch Classics figure.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Was Metalhead in the newer cartoons? He's make an amazing 6 inch Classics figure.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5003/5...916975d2_n.jpg
    He is going to be in the new Nick toon and that is what the toy is being based on. No news about Classics Metalhead head.

Speaking of classics, mine just arrived. My Donatello has one of the worst wonky eyes I have seen yet. The right eye is painted in the right hand corner of the bandana. It looks real bad

I really hope we get a Metalhead Classic, he was always a favorite of mine in the vintage line.

It is too bad about Donatello. He is my favorite turtle. I hope I can find a decent one of him.

I really hope we get a Metalhead Classic, he was always a favorite of mine in the vintage line.
    Seconded with fervor! Loved that figure! I'm certainly picking up the new version, but a Classics version would be fantastic!

As of yet I can't imagine where they'll go in the Classics line. I mean, Shredder and Bebop 'n Rocksteady will certainly be next when they do villians, but I wonder who's important enough after that? Might be awhile before they get to Metalhead.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I've decided if I find any of the classics, I'm just going to paint the eyes white anyways. They look really good like that

Went to TRU last week and saw a donatello, shredder, foot soldier, April, and Krang. My girlfriend got Donatello, her favorite turtle, and I picked up Shredder and the Foot soldier. I then got on Amazon and ordered all the 4" turtles, and all the classics turtles.

Once I open all the classics turtles (I opened Michaelangelo cus his card was mauled) I will hit their eyes with a paint marker, but I did this quick and dirty in GIMP for comparison's sake:

WLVVU.jpg

FzeVA.jpg

My girlfriend and I also agree... the classics are nice, but we like the 2012 figures better... I don't know what it is, they just feel like they're more fun.

I'm glad I got the classics, but I definitely prefer the new figures.

Also, with playmates doing a line like this... in the size and scale they are, for the price they are, it makes you wonder... these guys (The 2012 figs) are bigger, and better than the star wars figures, marvel 3 and 3/4 figs or the GI Joes out now for the same price! The 2012 figs are 8.99... have great articulation and come with tons of accessories. Unless Playmates made a deal with the devil, this line seems to betray what we've been hearing about rising costs. I get that TMNT is going to have entertainment, and they probably made a billion of these guys... but even the sewer playset is MASSIVE and it's only $130...

Even the classics figs are 16.99... still much cheaper than the comparable lines out there.

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I haven't read all of it yet.
    Last edited by BergerKing; August 1, 2012 at 03:14am.
    BergerKing's opinions and the opinions expressed in the above post do not necessarily reflect the opinions of He-Man.org, Mattel, Coca-Cola, the Catholic Church or the NFL
    I have a feedback thread! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-thread

Bergerking! Where you been?

To answer your question, I think the classics can be sold at a lower price since they all use the same buck. I hate to say it, but I think some folks will end up disappointed when they don't put out any other characters

I never bought into the rising costs nonsense. That stuff comes from people who are running microscopic on-line only lines. It seems there are people in the world who are willing to buy toys who aren't 35-40 years old. That, apparently, comes as a shock to some.

My TMNT Classics came in today.

Unfortunately my Donatello suffers from bad Wonky Eye Syndrome™

Bergerking! Where you been?

To answer your question, I think the classics can be sold at a lower price since they all use the same buck. I hate to say it, but I think some folks will end up disappointed when they don't put out any other characters

I never bought into the rising costs nonsense. That stuff comes from people who are running microscopic on-line only lines. It seems there are people in the world who are willing to buy toys who aren't 35-40 years old. That, apparently, comes as a shock to some.
    Well you are partially right, the rising cost for MOTUC comes from production costs but the rising costs for toys in general comes from the middle man that is Walmart, Target, TRU, Kmart, etc.

You guys just don't understand the stranglehold that retail has on a toyline, they want a discount to sell the product but also want a share of the sales. So a manufacturer is left with having to increase the price of the toys to be able to still reach their profit margin and appease those selling the product.

There are a lot of armchair QB when it comes to the toy business, but its not always an easy thing to navigate. Playmates can price lower because they are retail friendly, its the same as how Bandai can do it. They can pump out a lot of product, get it out quickly, and still turn a profit. This is completely opposite for Mattel and Hasbro which is why their stuff costs more.

In short retail is kind of like the Godfathers of the toy industry, and you can't **** them off

As for Playmates not being able to make new figures because they don't share parts, don't understand the amount of revenue they are making and the partnership with Nickelodeon that is in part funding these toys. Again its not a black and white issue, they can spend more than if it were just Playmates going in alone.