Page 23 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    LOL. As a figure, he doesn't really suck all that much. It's just too drastic of a character change. Maybe the cartoon will help give the figure some validity, but I doubt it.
    His articulation compared to the others (besides April and Shredder) sucks though. His robe basically ruins his design, in addition to him not looking like a Rat
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I guess the question is whether it was worth sacrificing articulation in his lower body in order to have a really nice looking robe on?

I mean they could have used real cloth which would not restrict his movement so much. But I think his robe looks very impressive, so maybe it was worth it.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    So my Target jus started to carry these figures and I think they are down right awful. They are smaller and the weapons are just one color plastic, boring brown. Not ot mention the sculpt on Shredder's head looked really bad. I am definitely not going to collect these.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    I saw the Classics line at my local comic shop yesterday. It was tempting to pick one up out of nostalgia. But I didn't. Does anyone know if they plan to make more after the four turtles? Or is this a one off thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    I saw the Classics line at my local comic shop yesterday. It was tempting to pick one up out of nostalgia. But I didn't. Does anyone know if they plan to make more after the four turtles? Or is this a one off thing?
    earlier in this thread people with sources at playmates said they will make more if the turtles sell well enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    So my Target jus started to carry these figures and I think they are down right awful. They are smaller and the weapons are just one color plastic, boring brown. Not ot mention the sculpt on Shredder's head looked really bad. I am definitely not going to collect these.
    I hate the non painted weapons and the lack of chain on mikey's but I love the sculpts on the turtles. every other figure is crappy and the foot soldier is acceptable IMO.

Walmart Canada has somethng...I saw the shellraiser there but no figures and no pegs for figures...but to be fair the walmart I went to has a CRAPPY toy dept layout. whomver manages that one needs to get his head in the game lol
    Last edited by krosfyah; August 2, 2012 at 12:52pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    If it sells they will make new figures, they are just waiting for initial sales to come in to greenlight another wave.

- - - Updated - - -

Given what you collect and your feelings on other lines the Classics are probably more in your realm
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Honestly, I don't like the classics line either. The eyes are just too goofy and I don't like the posseable fingers. Plus, I don't really need another to collect, so the less I like the TMNT stuff, the better.

Hell, I saw the newest Transformers I had planned to buy yesterday, but they are now $15, and they are smaller than they were when they $10, so I guess my days of buying Transformers are over. That is just way too expensive. I mean, MOTUC may be going up in prices, but at least the figures are not shrinking in size.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

That's mostly how I felt at first They grow on you a little bit.

so is this first wave going to be just be the core 4 turtle figures? Or are there others coming also? and are there any pics of these prototypes available anywhere to look at?

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    so is this first wave going to be just be the core 4 turtle figures? Or are there others coming also? and are there any pics of these prototypes available anywhere to look at?
    For the Classics? Yeah the first wave is just the core 4 turtles. There has been no leaks, prototypes or art for any future Classics.

The 4" 2012 Animated Series line does have new figures coming, there was I think some art shown at Toy Fair and this past week Playmates site shows some figures in the 4" line in shadow form

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Are the Tmnt classic "6 figures???

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    Are the Tmnt classic "6 figures???
    Yes. They're about the same height as DCUC, but a bit more chunky.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Just opened Don, his arm fell right off out of the package. The joint was molded way too small, dont know if its just mine or what not, but he's gunna go back to the store, kind of a wonky feel to them not too sure Im liking the way these feel with all the articulation. Might not even re-buy him when the time comes.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Just opened Don, his arm fell right off out of the package. The joint was molded way too small, dont know if its just mine or what not, but he's gunna go back to the store, kind of a wonky feel to them not too sure Im liking the way these feel with all the articulation. Might not even re-buy him when the time comes.
    I think you are just cursed, toys don't like you

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think you are just cursed, toys don't like you
    Seriously bro, im starting to feel that way. The only luck ive had was with Bandai's Thundercats...... we all know how that ended up. I think its a sign I need to just stop collecting.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    Yes. They're about the same height as DCUC, but a bit more chunky.
    Alright, thanks for the info.

I still can't find them. My TRU did not get them in. They are out of the 4" figures and didn't restock those either.

They did get 2 sewer playsets in, but those are too big and costly for me.

The 10" turtles don't seem to sell at all. They are loaded with them. What a waste

The 10" turtles don't seem to sell at all. They are loaded with them. What a waste
    Yeah it sucks, I can't even help international friends because the shipping is beyond ridiculous. I had a few international friends ask for them but when I told them the cost and weight it was a definite no

I will get them if they are on clearance but that is a huge mistake imho and money could have been given to other parts of the line.

I honestly would not be surprised if they give one of them away with a purchase of the sewer

Yeah, I can imagine trying to ship the full team. That would be insane

The sewer costs was marked at $119.99. I would like to get one, but that is just out of reach. There's no place for it anyway.

Yeah, I can imagine trying to ship the full team. That would be insane

The sewer costs was marked at $119.99. I would like to get one, but that is just out of reach. There's no place for it anyway.
    I bet it comes down to a $89 at least for Christmas, and they either offer some 4" figures or 25% off any TMNT toy with purchase.

At least that is what I am aiming for LOL

I might go for it for that price. I still won't have any place to put it, though.

LOVE my new figures!

Last edited by AdultCollector; August 3, 2012 at 04:47pm.

I talked with my rep this morning at Playmates about TMNT and trust me they are aware of the eyes issue

I was calling them to ask them about logo use and that just happened to come up as did availability of the Classics since it seems they are selling out everywhere. I just had a laugh because from the sounds of it fans have let them know in quite a bit of emphatic detail the issue.

Hoping we'll see a bunch of corrected Don figures coming out way because of this.

Last edited by AdultCollector; August 3, 2012 at 05:42pm.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I talked with my rep this morning at Playmates about TMNT and trust me they are aware of the eyes issue

I was calling them to ask them about logo use and that just happened to come up as did availability of the Classics since it seems they are selling out everywhere. I just had a laugh because from the sounds of it fans have let them know in quite a bit of emphatic detail the issue.
    From what I understand from what various fansites have gotten from Playmates they intend to make sure Classics get wide distribution everywhere, including outside outside the US. Hopefully that should mean corrected eye paint apps will be in the future shipments of wave 1.