Page 24 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I talked with my rep this morning at Playmates about TMNT and trust me they are aware of the eyes issue

I was calling them to ask them about logo use and that just happened to come up as did availability of the Classics since it seems they are selling out everywhere. I just had a laugh because from the sounds of it fans have let them know in quite a bit of emphatic detail the issue.
    Now Playmates have acknowledge this issue with they eyes will they actually act on it?
    I am not going to lie, I will buy another Don with fixed eyes

But the best news is that they are selling out everywhere. We may have a MOTUC killer on our hands

Great pics AdultCollector. You make the figures look as good as they are.

I have no idea, we will just have to wait and see. Since they are all wonky in the same area I think maybe its just a factory setting for the paint. Move Don over a little bit on the paint line dangit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    From what I understand from what various fansites have gotten from Playmates they intend to make sure Classics get wide distribution everywhere, including outside outside the US. Hopefully that should mean corrected eye paint apps will be in the future shipments of wave 1.
    Well Playmates can't really control international as that is licensing. I think in the UK it might be Bandai this time around. I asked about it and they told me that it is complicated and involves Nickelodeon (the TMNT rights holders), themselves and other distribution. Right now they are making a list of US stores/retailers who will sell to international fans so they can give people options.

If it were up to them they would be everywhere but I guess its going to highly depend on when your country airs the cartoon and who they can get to distribute the product.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Thanks Fallen!

I would love to see future figures come with extra turtle heads that are the standard heads with the headbands painted differently. So you could use Leonardo's head on Mikey, Don's head on Raph's body, etc. That way you'd get more variety in the eyes and mouth, and you could replace your wonky eye Don head with a corrected head. Also, to me Mikey's face looks a bit too much like Kermit the Frog.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; August 3, 2012 at 10:13pm.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    What is the retail price for these figure??

Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    What is the retail price for these figure??
    $14.97-$17.99
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    $14.97-$17.99
    Thanks. I placed an order on amazon. I will get two set next Saturday. I hope the eye issue I won't be able to see it.

Neither my target or toysrus has a spot for the classics. Are they coming to retail later than the new line? I am just confused.

Chris
    Is not not licking toads

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    Neither my target or toysrus has a spot for the classics. Are they coming to retail later than the new line? I am just confused.

Chris
    Yes they had to increase the amount that comes in a case (3 sets vs originally 2) due to demand from retail and so that appears to have delayed them by a few weeks/month.

They are all supposed to be the shelf by show launch which is not until the end of September.

My sister bought me an extra Splinter because I didn't have one a few weeks ago. LOL.

I will just return him and put the money toward the classics
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    My wife got me the Classics figures for my birthday the other day, I like them a lot more than I thought I would! They are just a bit too articulated, but I'm still happy with them. And glad to know Don's eyes are something Playmates is aware of. He's my favorite Turtle, so it was a little disappointing having him looking in two directions. Maybe he's been doing too many math calculations at the Playmates factory?

I went over to TRU looking for volume 1 of the thundercats cartoon. I found these instead.

Wasn't expecting to get these on a Sunday as Friday seems to be shipment day.

Hooray!

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but Target.com has all the classics turtles in stock now. I just ordered a set.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Not sure if this has been discussed already, but Target.com has all the classics turtles in stock now. I just ordered a set.
    Not too bad, after shipping and tax it comes out to a few dollars less than Playmates or Amazon, Walmart still has the best because they do free shipping to the store for pickup so that saves $8-10

Wonder how long they will stay in stock, Walmart was able to last a few hours

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    still haven't found the Classics, but Toys r Us had just got a fresh shipment of the new 4" figures in on Friday. They had them out on an endcap and between the pegs and shelves under them they had at least 50 figures out -only two Aprils. I snagged her up of course. I'm thinking of picking up a Foot Soldier or two but honestly I'm not that impressed with the new Shredder figure
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Warrior
    Hit 3 TRUs today looking for Classics. Store 1 had an empty box, Store 2 had nothing, and Store 3 had multiples of everyone, except for 1 Mikey. Both Dons had pretty good eyes. Grabbed what I needed, and I am happy to not look for these anymore.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Stopped by TRU in West Des Moines and they got the Sewer Playset and the Classics, all that was left was Leo and Mikey so as suspected they are selling out fast

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    My sister bought me an extra Splinter because I didn't have one a few weeks ago. LOL.

I will just return him and put the money toward the classics
    I was in my local Target today and they had all of the first wave of the figures from the new show. I love the Turtles so I sat there and read the bios on the back. Much to my surprise and dismay it looks like Hamato Splinter in the new show and Hamato Yoshi are gonna be the same character again. I had hopes for this show but from what I saw of the opening online and now this it looks like this show is gonna be pretty bad. It made no sense in 1987 and it still makes no sense today; how can a Japanese ninja master mutate into a 4 foot tall rat? This isn't Swamp Thing. I was so put out I didn't even buy the really cool Turtles.

I guess with no involvement from Image or Eastman and Laird the screwballs have taken over. It's like getting a new He-Man show and it being closer to the 1987 movie then say MYP. It's a shame; I had high hopes. Well at least we are getting some real nice toys out of this. Well, if you can find them.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I was in my local Target today and they had all of the first wave of the figures from the new show. I love the Turtles so I sat there and read the bios on the back. Much to my surprise and dismay it looks like Hamato Splinter in the new show and Hamato Yoshi are gonna be the same character again. I had hopes for this show but from what I saw of the opening online and now this it looks like this show is gonna be pretty bad. It made no sense in 1987 and it still makes no sense today; how can a Japanese ninja master mutate into a 4 foot tall rat? This isn't Swamp Thing. I was so put out I didn't even buy the really cool Turtles.

Eh, I'm not expecting any miracles from the show. I can just go back and buy episodes from older shows if I need to.

I'm just thrilled to get some nice figures out of the deal. These are making me want to recoupe my vintage collection, as I used to have a lot of them. I was outbid by one damn person on a huge lot of 63 figures yesterday. DOH!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    It made no sense in 1987 and it still makes no sense today; how can a Japanese ninja master mutate into a 4 foot tall rat?
    Because 4 Turtles becoming Ninja Masters fighting a talking brain housed in a robots stomach is totally logical.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Eh, I'm not expecting any miracles from the show. I can just go back and buy episodes from older shows if I need to.

I'm just thrilled to get some nice figures out of the deal. These are making me want to recoupe my vintage collection, as I used to have a lot of them. I was outbid by one damn person on a huge lot of 63 figures yesterday. DOH!
    No, you are absolutely right. As poor as the media is going to be, Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles and a pretty bad cartoon, the toys we are getting out of it are top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Because 4 Turtles becoming Ninja Masters fighting a talking brain housed in a robots stomach is totally logical.
    I know, right? A human mutating into a rat is maybe the dumbest thing to come out of the '87 show. Taking a member of the race of aliens that made the ooze that turned a rat and 4 baby turtles into the characters we know and love and making it an inter-dimensional villain is a close second. Plus the way they explained the mutations in the show. We might have been kids but we weren't dumb. It's insulting. You make a good point, Anubis; they took mutations and basic sci-fi and made them stupid in the '87 show. They also took a major plot point like the death of Hamato Yoshi and erased it by making Splinter and his owner Yoshi the same person. It's like taking the death of Bruce Wayne's parents out of Batman. The alien Utroms who, though super intelligent, were physically inferior to humans so they built robot suits that help them pass as humans, pretty cool and smart plot device. They took that and circumcised it into an incompetent character from another dimension that talks with a speech impediment. Like they read the comics on a Monday night and had a TV show by Thursday morning.
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; August 5, 2012 at 08:46pm.
    Until now.

Most of the bigger 80s (which TMNT still falls into) cartoons had dumb villains. It was a whole part of the 80s thing. Which is kind of odd going back and looking at a lot of that stuff now. The have Splinter Go Go power Ranger with Hamato Yoshi to avoid killing the character off then you watch other shows where they got by with all kinds of stuff they wouldn't be able to today.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Amen. I go as far to say that Turtles was one of the big 3 from the 80's, G.I.Joe and Transformers being the other 2. As much as I put down the old Turtles show it was a juggernaut.
    Until now.

Man, I used to despise the GI Joe cartoon. A few of the figures I liked, but not the cartoon. To this day, I'm not a fan.

I was never a big fan of the main series. But I always thought the MASS Device in 83 and the Revenge of Cobra in 84 were pretty good. The movie in 87 was a mixed bag. The animation was incredible but the direction they were taking Cobra was weird. Good thing they resolved it in Operation Dragonfire. IMO the best interpretation of RAH was Resolute.
    Until now.

Went to Walmart tonight and they had just received 1 case of 4", 1 case of 4" vehicles, and a case of the sound fx. No Classics in the shipment