Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Yeah, Joe has never been my bag. Now Star Blazers... that was for me. I used to come how from school ON FIRE for that one

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm.. I thought the sound fx figures would be a Target exclusive. Guess not.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Yeah, Joe has never been my bag. Now Star Blazers... that was for me. I used to come how from school ON FIRE for that one

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm.. I thought the sound fx figures would be a Target exclusive. Guess not.
    Nope, the only exclusive things are at TRU with the Sewer (timed exclusive for this year) and the Fat Jumbo Turtles

You can get the Sound FX figures from Playmates as well
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I really think those are a mistake. They are basically competing with the classics. They are roughly the same size and cost.

Speaking of which, why are people paying close to $100 for a set of these on Ebay??????

Is there an online map that we can add pins to so we can illustrate which parts of the country have the Classics toys and which don't? I see a lot of people commenting about TRU and Target getting the toys in but no information about where they are.

Speaking of which, why are people paying close to $100 for a set of these on Ebay??????
    No idea they can go to Amazon or Playmates Web Store and get them shipped for $71-76

Its probably international buyers who don't realize they can get them for cheaper, all they need to do is contact Playmates and they will get a list of people who stock them and are willing to sell internationally

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Is there an online map that we can add pins to so we can illustrate which parts of the country have the Classics toys and which don't? I see a lot of people commenting about TRU and Target getting the toys in but no information about where they are.
    I think someone could create it, just knowing what I know about some of our locations I can tell you

CA, TX, IA, KY TRU's have them. Target as far as I have heard and seen only has them online
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Heroic Warrior
    I've seen Classics at TRU in KY and IN.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    I got my TMNT classics at a store here in Colorado called Tradesmart, but I saw them a week later at TRU when I went to pick up the Nickelodeon TMNT figures.

Well, I found the Classics at TRU but, man...I dunno. The smaller ones have impressed me a LOT, and the Classics ones just look way too busy. I'll probably end up with Raph eventually, but I'm in no hurry.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I went to Tru today and they still haven't put out their stock its sitting in the back. I asked if they had the classics and they brought me out the new line.......
    Is not not licking toads

I found a fresh case at a comic shop north of Seattle, WA that had the perfect Donatello!

Meh, I passed on the classic turtles this past weekend; they just don't appeal to me the way the 4" toys.
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    Meh, I passed on the classic turtles this past weekend; they just don't appeal to me the way the 4" toys.
    that's how I felt about them when I spotted them. I do like the better weapons and thought about getting them just for that... But... Meh.

Now the smaller turtles? OMG!! Best turtles ever!

I like the weapons and the packaging. Overall, they look great. The one problem I have is the feet; they look like they are wearing some pretty funky sandals.

Damn, AC, you make that Donny look real good.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Found the first story book for my son today. Turns out Kraanng is not one person but an alien race of brains called the Kraang. Also April is a teenager and her Dad is kidnapped by the Kraang. My son thought it was awesome.

Chris
    Is not not licking toads

We have all 4 Nick turtles (which RULE!) and a Classics Raph so far. I do plan on getting April, Shredder, and one Kraang (he'll be Krang for me), but I'm not sure about Splinter.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

AdultCollector may have found the single most perfect Donatello Classic in existence. And I hate him for it. Congrats!

By comparison, I think I may have received the single most terrible Donatello classic in existence. So I broke down and ordered a Don off Amazon last week. He came on Monday, and I swear both of his pupils were pointing in a completely opposite direction in the corners of his eyes. Not to mention lots of purple slop from the bandanna scattered about on his head. He's currently on his way back to Amazon, the poor thing. Someday, I too will have a perfect Donatello. Someday...

I finally got these classic figures (ordered from Target), and I must say they are awesome!!! I did not think I would like them as much as I do. My Don looks good also (no crazy eyes). My only regret is that I have a feeling Playmates will not make anymore in the classics style. I really would like Shreddar, April, Rocksteady, Bebop, and Krang to go along with these. Bandai really disappointed me with the classics Thundercats roster and I feel like the same will happen with this(at least we will have the complete team of turtles).

All in all these are really great they feel and look like they jumped right out of the 80's cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I finally got these classic figures (ordered from Target), and I must say they are awesome!!! I did not think I would like them as much as I do. My Don looks good also (no crazy eyes). My only regret is that I have a feeling Playmates will not make anymore in the classics style. I really would like Shreddar, April, Rocksteady, Bebop, and Krang to go along with these. Bandai really disappointed me with the classics Thundercats roster and I feel like the same will happen with this(at least we will have the complete team of turtles).

All in all these are really great they feel and look like they jumped right out of the 80's cartoon.
    And why would you feel they won't make anymore? They have not royally botched a line like Bandai and the Classics series is gaining universal praise and strong sales

I think we will get at least 2 more waves of Classics before it even begins to be questioned

Remember Thundercats got 3 waves of 6" (Panthro, Cheetara, Tygra were each their own wave, People think that is one wave but it was not) and 2 waves of "Classics".

Without Splinter, the Turtles wouldn't have a purpose in life...

They also wouldn't be ninjas out for blood.

So of course Playmates has brought us a new Splinter to go along with the new Nick Turtles.

He's probably one of the most controversial redesigns (behind April) and he's one of the weaker figures in the entire line. Still I've got the full breakdown over at the usual.

Infinite Hollywood: Nickelodeon Splinter Review
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

He actually looks really good with that bow and arrow

The new April looks awful!!! I hate that she is a teen now. Markatisu, I hope you are right about the classics and we can get at least 2 more waves if not more.

I'm still without a Donatello. They didn't get them in today, or else they sold out before I got there.
    I passed on him last time because of the eye problem. I'd really like to complete my set.

Some of the 10" figures actually sold

Some of the 10" figures actually sold
    Yeah ours sold some this week, the Walmart, Target and TRU by me were almost sold out of 4" as well.

And the cartoon is still 1 month and a half away from debuting, never doubt the power of the turtles I guess

I got $10 in TRU Reward certificates today in the mail, I really had to hold off buying the sewer lol