Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

This is what I don't get; they clearance out the 4" figures "to make room", meanwhile the enormous Mezco Mumm-ra's take up 10 times more space, LOL. They don't sell, either. They initial sold the first 4 they got in. I don't think they ever sold another one since then.

Not to mention all the Thundertanks. They have about a dozen of them. If I ran a store, the 4" figures wouldn't get clearanced until all the big stuff is gone first. They are the least of your worries.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; August 13, 2012 at 10:52pm.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

The Thundercats 4" got clearanced first because of how bad the case ratio was and what was on the shelf district/region wide. There was no moving the Mummy Mumm-Ra and the Lion-O/Tygra 4"

Its about how much money you are going to lose, the "cost" to retail of the 4" is negligible. Meaning it can be lost, the vehicles and bigger items (Armor of Omens, Tower of Omens) are going to sting more with their loss.

If you ran a store and did not clearance the 4" you would be looking at a situation where you make no money vs making a tiny bit of money. You are going to lose either way, so at least put a band aid on it instead of let it hemorrhage

The Mezco items don't get clearanced because that is a different contract with a different vendor, its apples and oranges. Stores can keep that on the shelf longer because its a niche item that usually holds its value instead of decreasing. You don't really see the Mezco Mumm-Ra going for 1/4 of its price on eBay and in speciality shops. The 200x MYP Roto's were the same type of deal, I can still get $50-100 for each one if I wanted even though everything else in the MYP line has flatlined.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The Thundercats 4" got clearanced first because of how bad the case ratio was and what was on the shelf district/region wide. There was no moving the Mummy Mumm-Ra and the Lion-O/Tygra 4"

Its about how much money you are going to lose, the "cost" to retail of the 4" is negligible. Meaning it can be lost, the vehicles and bigger items (Armor of Omens, Tower of Omens) are going to sting more with their loss.

If you ran a store and did not clearance the 4" you would be looking at a situation where you make no money vs making a tiny bit of money. You are going to lose either way, so at least put a band aid on it instead of let it hemorrhage

The Mezco items don't get clearanced because that is a different contract with a different vendor, its apples and oranges. Stores can keep that on the shelf longer because its a niche item that usually holds its value instead of decreasing. You don't really see the Mezco Mumm-Ra going for 1/4 of its price on eBay and in speciality shops. The 200x MYP Roto's were the same type of deal, I can still get $50-100 for each one if I wanted even though everything else in the MYP line has flatlined.

Flatlined LOOOL

/\/\/\/\/\||||-^-^-^--^----^----_________________________________

I went over the Shredder and some Foot Soldiers in the 'ol blog! Shredder ain't bad, but I am loving those Foot Soldiers! Something about how simple they are, I think.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Saw the sound effects at walmart today. I do think the basic design is nice but I will still be going for the Classics, planning on getting those some MOTUC, and combined with my Thundercats modern/classics and DC classics will be finishing up my collection, especially the openers.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

if any one has a spare nunchaku from the 4" michelangelo, I'd like it please. I lost one some how!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    If they ever make a new Classics Krang in his big goofy body in scale with the rest of the line I will do cartwheels of joy!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I decided to open mine up. i'm running out of room on the display shelf...and i only plan to get the launch figures anyway. I like despite the fact they aged april down, she's still huge in the chest department *groan*..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

I can't find a Donatello with properly painted eyes to complete my set. This is damn frustrating

The stores don't seem to be selling out of them so much as they seem to be not getting frequent shipments.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I can't find a Donatello with properly painted eyes to complete my set. This is damn frustrating
    Sucks to be you (j/k), I have had 3 Donatello's in the past 2 weeks with good eyes , I think the newer shipments from what I am seeing are pretty good so I think the eye issue seriously is a first run problem that was corrected. So just wait a bit longer and you will probably find one before September that is good

The stores don't seem to be selling out of them so much as they seem to be not getting frequent shipments.
    That is the same thing in the end, if you sell out of all the product you received them its sold out. Playmates is shipping as fast as they can. Each case has 3 sets, most stores are getting a minimum of 2 cases so that is 6 full sets. Do you want a Thundercats sized shipment that could tank the line or one that is based on supply/demand
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I begun the surgery on the chained weapons, I have the technology, I can make them better, faster, stronger, I'm jus waiting for one mre part to come in the mail, then I will paint em and assemble them, though again, I lost one of mikey's chuks. If I can't find it, I'll probably buy a spare mikey and give him the prototype paint detailing, them rob him of a chuk.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I begun the surgery on the chained weapons, I have the technology, I can make them better, faster, stronger, I'm jus waiting for one mre part to come in the mail, then I will paint em and assemble them, though again, I lost one of mikey's chuks. If I can't find it, I'll probably buy a spare mikey and give him the prototype paint detailing, them rob him of a chuk.
    Dude what is going on, how are you loosing all this stuff left and right

Sucks to be you (j/k), I have had 3 Donatello's in the past 2 weeks with good eyes , I think the newer shipments from what I am seeing are pretty good so I think the eye issue seriously is a first run problem that was corrected. So just wait a bit longer and you will probably find one before September that is good

That is the same thing in the end, if you sell out of all the product you received them its sold out. Playmates is shipping as fast as they can. Each case has 3 sets, most stores are getting a minimum of 2 cases so that is 6 full sets. Do you want a Thundercats sized shipment that could tank the line or one that is based on supply/demand

The thing is there's no trace of them. My Walmart finally got TMNT in and they don't even have that cardboard promotional thing. Makes me wonder if they ever even got any in. It was only dumb luck that I found the ones I found.

I like small lines, but I'm really starting to regret that the Bandai line is dead. I really like the line and the new cartoon.

Maybe TRU will get them in Friday morning. Then again, they probably jacked the price up on them

Dude what is going on, how are you loosing all this stuff left and right
    I don't know, I SWEAR there's a dimensional gate in my house, if I drop something on the floor it's GONE! I tear the place up even places it wouldn't be and the thing is gone forever.

Fear is faith in failure

The thing is there's no trace of them. My Walmart finally got TMNT in and they don't even have that cardboard promotional thing. Makes me wonder if they ever even got any in. It was only dumb luck that I found the ones I found.
    They are a slow trickle, I honestly think they were caught by demand which is why they increased the cases from 2 sets to 3 sets in each one. But I think that severely cut down the amount sent out to retail to launch.

Maybe TRU will get them in Friday morning. Then again, they probably jacked the price up on them
    Our TRU got 1 case this morning, so if you can figure out when yours gets deliveries you can probably find one. They were still $16.99 though so that is in line with most other stores

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I don't know, I SWEAR there's a dimensional gate in my house, if I drop something on the floor it's GONE! I tear the place up even places it wouldn't be and the thing is gone forever.
    They get sent to the dimension next to the dimension that has the "other sock to a pair dimension".
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.

Found an incomplete set, missing Raphael, this morning at my local TRU. They are really nice.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Leonardo has got to be my favorite of the four so far! Fantastic figure and accessories. So much fun to mess with! Reviewed 'em here!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    They get sent to the dimension next to the dimension that has the "other sock to a pair dimension".
    yep. something isn't right.

Fear is faith in failure

I found a Donatello with perfect eyes at TRU. He looks great.

Set complete

I found a Donatello with perfect eyes at TRU. He looks great.

Set complete
    Told you

Yeah. But there is one "catch"; I know when shipment day is at TRU.

If this was a Target or a Walmart, I wouldn't have a clue

Yeah. But there is one "catch"; I know when shipment day is at TRU.

If this was a Target or a Walmart, I wouldn't have a clue
    Yup that is how it works a lot of the time, TRU is easiest to get in on because Walmart is open 24hrs their stuff sometimes comes out at 2am and Target does it right when the store opens.

But I really do think the eye problem is fixed, I am seeing more and more with near perfect paint so Playmates must have caught it in time

Think they'll come out with Ooze again? I'm hoping so.

Fear is faith in failure

Well, they had 3 of them. I grabbed the best one, but none of them were terrible. So it seems to be under control.