Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

LOL. My favorite stores are all wholesalers like Big Lots and Ross. Most of the lines I collect from are now gone from the larger retailers. Ross is a gold mine for TRON stuff, and more recently, Thundercats.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    WOW, Michelangelo really impressed me! He's never been a favorite, but this one is awesome even with the kinda disappointing array of extra stuff. At the very least, his kusarigama is improved a little with a chain. Reviewed 'em here!
    The eat his flesh thing totally wins everything. Nicely done sir!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    The eat his flesh thing totally wins everything. Nicely done sir!
    Hehe, thanks! I dunno what it is - those previous movie turtles were the only ones since the vintage turtles that made me decide to get them all. Then...in one fell swoop, the new guys just DESTROY them. I've never flipped that hard against an old toy just because of a new version! The previous movie turtles are just creepy and ugly now, and Mike just just eats at your soul! That FACE. I'm pretty sure I thought it was cool when I got 'em, but now he just looks horrifying! Ya know, in a hilarious way.

Anyway, just another way of saying I LOVE these new turtles.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

ROTF!! When TMNT came out, I bought all the baddies (minus the expensive as hell 2 packs) never even thought to buy the turtles though. Something about them just seemed scary right off the bat. Like they didnt have the gritty look or a clean stream line look, they looked like a fan art dumped into shapeways and printed. Needless to say your 1 photo summed up everything about them lol!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

The new toys based off the new cartoon don't seem to be flying off the shelves yet in my area. Maybe, they'll be more popular when the new series hits the airwaves.

Saw the playset at TRU yesterday. Oh man, that thing made me happy to see! I love that it has a nice illustration on the front too. It just felt like a proper playset. Nice and heavy too. I hope it sells! I didn't buy it because I have nowhere to put it and I just got the Turtles in the line and that's all I plan to do. But I love that it exists!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Saw the playset at TRU yesterday. Oh man, that thing made me happy to see! I love that it has a nice illustration on the front too. It just felt like a proper playset. Nice and heavy too. I hope it sells! I didn't buy it because I have nowhere to put it and I just got the Turtles in the line and that's all I plan to do. But I love that it exists!
    Is the box huge, or did they manage to cram all that playset goodness into something small?

Anyway, I'm the same! I want it like a dog wants a steak, but I just have no room! Such a fantastic looking set, too. I hope it sells well!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Me thinks somewhere down the line that playset is gunna be 30 bucks on clearance in a target or something (cause you know toys r us' idea of a clearance is like $1 off). If that happens, I will rent a new appartment just to make room for it!

I hope that doesn't happen because I will likely end up paying 80+ for it.

Let us know when your SLL arrives

I think the only way it'll be that cheap is if the line tanks ala Thundercats. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I think the only way it'll be that cheap is if the line tanks ala Thundercats. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
    Even reading that stings. :*( Saw a TON of thundercats on clearance today, at still not so clearance prices. still really sad it came down to the people holding the licence just not caring. To think if Playmates had Thundercats, at the rate their going with Turtles, they would probably be shining a Logo into the sky every night.

Nick figures out at walmarts in Canada about $1 cheaper than TRU but the pickings were slim, and thus far i've only seen them at a super walmart. but they are starting to show there

- - - Updated - - -

Hehe, thanks! I dunno what it is - those previous movie turtles were the only ones since the vintage turtles that made me decide to get them all. Then...in one fell swoop, the new guys just DESTROY them. I've never flipped that hard against an old toy just because of a new version! The previous movie turtles are just creepy and ugly now, and Mike just just eats at your soul! That FACE. I'm pretty sure I thought it was cool when I got 'em, but now he just looks horrifying! Ya know, in a hilarious way.

Anyway, just another way of saying I LOVE these new turtles.
    Nice job fixing the weapon, i did the same but with the chuks and donatello's 3 sectioned staff too. I didn't do it' your way though I got some eye screws and screwed them into the handle.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Saw the playset today it is amazing. There are some really good youtube reviews of it... massive over 40 inches tall and 3 ft wide. I am hoping my kids get into the turtles this year so I have an excuse to buy it and the figures, they all look great. MOTUC is sucking up all my $, we'll have to see; space is the biggest issue. I really wanna see Granamyr attack this playset, that would be awesome!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Anyone know if there is an official date when the Classics will be hitting Target stores? Or is it just some time in September?

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    Anyone know if there is an official date when the Classics will be hitting Target stores? Or is it just some time in September?
    There is no official street date for the Classics at any store, they will go out when they arrive

If I had to guess the middle of September to have them on the pegs when the show launches at the end of September
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Nice job fixing the weapon, i did the same but with the chuks and donatello's 3 sectioned staff too. I didn't do it' your way though I got some eye screws and screwed them into the handle.
    Yeah, I've been thinking of doing Don's 3-part staff as well...I just don't wana mess it up and make myself have to buy another. As it is I'm already considering another Mike so i'll have normal chucks in case I don't like the modification.

As for the eye-screws: I saw some at Michael's the other day, but they were way too big for my tastes! How big are yours, and where did you get them? Got any pics, for that matter? I'm open to anything that doesn't put more friggin' crazy glue on my fingers.

Yeah, I've been thinking of doing Don's 3-part staff as well...I just don't wana mess it up and make myself have to buy another. As it is I'm already considering another Mike so i'll have normal chucks in case I don't like the modification.

As for the eye-screws: I saw some at Michael's the other day, but they were way too big for my tastes! How big are yours, and where did you get them? Got any pics, for that matter? I'm open to anything that doesn't put more friggin' crazy glue on my fingers.
    got em on ebay, 8mmx4mmx1mm the hole is 1.8mm they are the perfect size, when I get home i will post pics of the chuks and staff and the kusarigama. it makes them so much better. I want to paint the weapons properly, you will see the kusarigama paint job that's the plan for the chuks too.

i think your way looks more like the factory did it though, but I think my way is more sturdy (possibly)
    Last edited by krosfyah; August 21, 2012 at 01:13pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    got em on ebay, 8mmx4mmx1mm the hole is 1.8mm they are the perfect size, when I get home i will post pics of the chuks and staff and the kusarigama. it makes them so much better. I want to paint the weapons properly, you will see the kusarigama paint job that's the plan for the chuks too.

i think your way looks more like the factory did it though, but I think my way is more sturdy (possibly)
    I can't completely talk about sturdiness 'cause I haven't really pulled on 'em enough to really see. I do know it can support Mikey's weight, so that's good enough for me. My problem is that it was tough and messy, so i'd like to see how your way works before I do anything else.

you may notice i gave mikey's underbelly a wash as well as his foot wraps, belt and pads. for the brown parts I tried to age them a bit, i think it looks pretty good, but I really like the belly and chest.
    Last edited by krosfyah; August 21, 2012 at 06:48pm.

Fear is faith in failure

Dang, those are perfect! And here you are tellin' me that mine looks like it was done by the company. Yours look sturdy and good! So you think those eye screws can only be gotten on Ebay or you think I'll be able to find them at a hardware store or something? Also: Was this easy enough? I mean, my process sounded easy in my head, but ended up being harder. This also sounds easy, but I'm thinking of the problems that come in with screwing in the eye at just the right place to make sure it doesn't go in crooked. What was your process, and how did you get the chain on the eye?
    Last edited by Alexx; August 21, 2012 at 08:23pm.

Dang, those are perfect! And here you are tellin' me that mine looks like it was done by the company. Yours look sturdy and good! So you think those eye screws can only be gotten on Ebay or you think I'll be able to find them at a hardware store or something? Also: Was this easy enough? I mean, my process sounded easy in my head, but ended up being harder. This also sounds easy, but I'm thinking of the problems that come in with screwing in the eye at just the right place to make sure it doesn't go in crooked. What was your process, and how did you get the chain on the eye?
    Thanks man. it was WAAAY easier than I anticipated. hardest part was the initial eye screw going into the plastic, but once i did one i found a technique that made it a breeze (all I did was switch hands ) I held the screw with my left and pushed and twisted the plastic with my right, it was so simple. not hard to keep straight either, I wanted to sand down the nubs first but I was too impatient.

Needle nose pliers to pry open the eye screw ( just hold the base with your hand or another pair of pliers and use the needle nose to open the gap in the eyee screw)just enough to accommodate the chain and then use the pliers to squeeze the eye screw closed again and the rest is as you see it. the eye screws are pretty malleable with the pliers, it doesn't take too much force to open or close it, but they are still strong. I bought em from ebay because I didn't want to search store to store, i couldn't be bothered . if you need any, the order I got was more than i needed so I can send you some for free if you can't find any. just pm me.

the plastic is nice and soft so it's really as simple as lining up with the centre pushing in and twisting. once you get purchase it's easy to stay centred. also the screw part isn't TOO long, it's long enough to be secure and sturdy but not so long that your chances of messing up increase.

The nice part is they can be disassembled if you want to pant them (I painted with the chain on though.) and reassembled very
    easily. in fact initially i made the chuk chains 9 links long I didn't like the look so i shortened it.

I'm thinking of making the kusarigama chain longer as they are supposed to be pretty long, I made it longer than the plastic one anyway, maybe i'll go another 10 links.
    Last edited by krosfyah; August 22, 2012 at 08:55am.

Fear is faith in failure

krosfyah, does the paint rub off when you swap weapons in mikey's hands? i've been hesitant to repaint toys in the past in fear of paint constantly scraping off.

the kusarigama has been good, the initial paint job i did on the chuks was an epic failure. I'm going to try to prime them first or at the very least not be so enthusiastic and let the sealant set for a day maybe add another coat. I did leo's swords too and thus far they seem as durable as the kusarigama's paint job. I was so excited with mikey's chuks. but priming might be the best bet. I will report back with my results.

actually I (out of sheer laziness) painted sealant and paint on leo's sword handles at the same time. I'm going to test that technique too.

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Wow, those real chains look amazing!! Great work on those!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Thank you! I was really happy how it turned out, it think it improves the look SO much, when I was a kid i used a string for my vintage mikey's weapons, it kept slipping off though.

Fear is faith in failure