Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I am more worried about what they won't paint. Dog Pound looked great as a prototype but then they basically did not paint half of him

Yeah, that is a concern. It really is a shame that they didn't paint the strap that goes across his body, nor the buckle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    WHY? WHY? Why do I even read these threads?
    Pop open pizza box playset? SOLD!
    Crazy plant dude? SOLD!

LOL. My problem with a thread like this is takes away the surprise factor of seeing them at the stores. I remember as a kid the excitement when new figures came out and you didn't expect to find them or know who was made
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I am so excited for just about everything new Playmates showed off! I too am worried about how much the paint deco will be cut for the final figuresd, becuase that's pretty standard for Playmates. But otherwise, everything looks great!

I think I'm most excited for the Ooze canisters. I was really hoping we'd see those return! I'm going to buy a ton!

Snakeweed and Baxter both look incredible! I'm even ok with the return of the silly Turtle variants. Especially since these particular variants throw slime! Sold!

The pop-up playset is such a cool idea! And I love the T-Cell roleplay item!

Playmates is killing it with TMNT! I haven't been so excited about a toyline since MOTUC!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    They look great - and I'm glad they didn't go with the "exposed bones/muscles" on Snakeweed's legs.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Looking good! Baxter is a total buy, and I REALLY like the fold-out playset! Now more than ever I think they need to make playsets that can fold up and get out of the way. With these figures being a bit smaller than previous ones, I think those fold out sets are perfect! They should do a few different ones.

As for the non-painted parts: Par for the course with Playmates. One of my favorites is that vintage beach-time Mike that is supposed to be stepping on a tube of sunscreen. It's molded to his foot, but UNPAINTED. So there's this huge glob of his skin basically melting off his foot. It's funny how many interesting details on vintage figures that you can find unpainted!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Playmates is killing it with TMNT! I haven't been so excited about a toyline since MOTUC!
    Toy Fair is going to be fun this year since we might get to see the new TMNT Classics then, they are doing a fantastic job handling this line. If there was a book to be written about how to relaunch/reboot a franchise this would be a pretty great example to use.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    That's cool that people are digging the new 4" figures, but this latest batch doesn't do it for me at all. I thought the original 4 turtles in that scale were fairly cool, but the 2013 expansion of that particular line isn't my cup of tea at all. Pretty "meh".
    I'm still really happy with my Classics figures, though, and can't wait to see what we get for that line.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    That is some pretty cool new stuff coming out.

I have yet to jump on board with the new toyline (I am collecting the Classics, but not any of the new series-based stuff). It really does look cool, with more cool, new stuff coming out, but as it is I'm spending more on things that I don't "need" than I should be. I know if I start I will want to get all of the different figures (the upcoming variants are an easy pass for me either way, but I would want all of the different characters), the TRU exclusive playset, this upcoming pizza box playset, their new van, etc. And I really don't have room for it all, especially with MOTUC Grayskull coming next year.

And I really need to aggressively save after a big year of set-backs.
    I traded in my old car at the beginning of the year and got a new-ish one (slightly used) and put a big down payment on it. We had our furnace and AC condenser replaced back in May/June (with some additional upgrades a few months later... all paid off in full). Most of that we were planning on. Then my wife ended up getting braces for her teeth last month (she really, really needs them), which we weren't planning on (we've paid about half of the cost already, will use our tax return to pay the rest in a few months). So, it's been a year of BIG costs. We aren't broke or anything, and we make a good living, but the bank account is lighter now than where is started out at the beginning of the year. I'm looking forward to the fact that my average "Matty Collector Bill" next year will be lighter since the main MOTUC sub will have slightly fewer items, and the 30th sub and Voltron subs are both ending with nothing taking their place.

So, I think it's best if I just don't start a new collection, as tempting as this is. If the main figures are still available in a few months, I may change my mind. If not, then it just wasn't mean to be.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I don't think I will be getting the playset. I spent the money I was saving up for it (and then some) for Masterpiece O. Prime

I don't know if I will buy more classics. I will have to make that decision if and when they put them out. The are a little big for my tastes.

The variants are coming, the variants are coming. I'm surprised they made Snakeweed, but he looks pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The variants are coming, the variants are coming. I'm surprised they made Snakeweed, but he looks pretty cool.
    Its bad I had to laugh, when I first saw the pics I felt like it was 1987-90.

I thought I can't wait till they go on summer vacation
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Its bad I had to laugh, when I first saw the pics I felt like it was 1987-90.

I thought I can't wait till they go on summer vacation

In his defense, he's a horrible figure and idea regarless of his foot

My kids really want all the TMNT stuff for Christmas... It is really hard finding that sewer lair playset!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    My kids really want all the TMNT stuff for Christmas... It is really hard finding that sewer lair playset!!!
    It's only available at Toys R Us.

And word of Wave 2 Classics will come at Toy Fair
    That's all I have been wanting to hear

I have been waiting to find the Classics at somewhere other than TRU, since the nearest to me is a 2 hour drive away.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I have been waiting to find the Classics at somewhere other than TRU, since the nearest to me is a 2 hour drive away.
    To my knowledge they have not really showed up anywhere else in mass yet, Toys R Us appears to the only retailer to get the Classics on a normal basis. I have not even seen peg labels for them at Walmart/Target/Kmart.

Its actually funny that internet retailers and comic book shops have gotten them more frequently that mass market retail. However given their big size that is probably part of the reason. Its easier to stock the 4" in huge quantities then give us 2 shelving spaces to fit one classic wave

The Classics are the only figures that I really like from this line. I would love a Classics Bebop, Rocksteady, April, and Casey. However, I don't see Playmates giving these to us. Maybe they should do a Classics Sub like Motuc. Can you imagine how awesome that would be???

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    It's only available at Toys R Us.
    Yea I know, but finding one that is actually in the store is no easy feat around here. I have the 30 dollar off coupon that is only good until next week... Ugh!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Yea I know, but finding one that is actually in the store is no easy feat around here. I have the 30 dollar off coupon that is only good until next week... Ugh!
    Best thing to do is talk to the manager and then find out when the next truck will be there

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    The Classics are the only figures that I really like from this line. I would love a Classics Bebop, Rocksteady, April, and Casey. However, I don't see Playmates giving these to us. Maybe they should do a Classics Sub like Motuc. Can you imagine how awesome that would be???
    Why don't you think Playmates would release those? They pretty much will release anything if there is a reason. They are not Mattel or Hasbro

Why don't you think Playmates would release those? They pretty much will release anything if there is a reason. They are not Mattel or Hasbro

I don't know about Hasbro but those characters are nowhere near obscure enough for Mattel to release them

To my knowledge they have not really showed up anywhere else in mass yet, Toys R Us appears to the only retailer to get the Classics on a normal basis. I have not even seen peg labels for them at Walmart/Target/Kmart.

Its actually funny that internet retailers and comic book shops have gotten them more frequently that mass market retail. However given their big size that is probably part of the reason. Its easier to stock the 4" in huge quantities then give us 2 shelving spaces to fit one classic wave
    This I know, it's kind of one of those cross fingers/pray thing before you go into the store. I am down to checking my stores once a week for anything at this point. Getting to the point there isn't a lot in general I am after. I might have to go to an online retailer unless something comes up for Christmas.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I also think we will see Casey Jones in both the Classic and 4" because there are heavy rumors that Casey is going to be a main focal point of the newly greenlit S2

He better have a removable mask.

I also think we will see Casey Jones in both the Classic and 4" because there are heavy rumors that Casey is going to be a main focal point of the newly greenlit S2
    Since tone-wise this new show is similar to the classic 80s show, it would be funny if he walked around with his mask on all of the time like on the 80s show. My favorite was the "Octopus Inc" episode where he went to work in that office building that ended up being secretly run by Shredder or something, and he was walking around with a button down shirt and tie on, but still wearing his hockey mask and I think carrying around his bag with his bats, etc, in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    He better have a removable mask.
    That would be interesting if they make a figure based on the 80s cartoon for the classic figure line.... AND give him a removable mask! It would be like uncovering the mystery of what the original animated character's face looks like!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I love Casey Jones. He's one of my favorite TMNT characters by far. But he had a very small role in the old cartoon. He was in, what, two episodes I think? So it makes me wonder if they'll be putting him in Classics since it's based on that cartoon. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it! But I wonder if they'll focus on figures like Shredder, Splinter, Krang, April, Bebop, Rocksteady, and the Foot Soldiers first.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos: