Page 39 of 74 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    i wouldn't get your hopes up. all the toys for the new toon have looked pretty accurate. and if it's a 7 pack, i don't think they're going to be so oversized like the 80s toy. i just hope they're articulated and have red paint on the "eye" and inside the mouth.

Have they appeared in the cartoon yet? I at least hope that they are not dull gray like metalhead was. He looked terrible. I sold him off.

- - - Updated - - -

One of my Walgreens has TMNT basics for $9.99. They didn't actually have any stock, though--just an empty peg.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I am looking for the TMNT Classics, but can't find them anywhere in store.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

You aren't going to find those right now. I am not even seeing the basic figures. Toysrus.com had 3 of them a few days ago, but they were sold out of somebody (can't remember who).

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    You aren't going to find those right now. I am not even seeing the basic figures. Toysrus.com had 3 of them a few days ago, but they were sold out of somebody (can't remember who).
    Yeah, I have 3 TRU in my immediate area and they have been cleared out of ALL TMNT items since before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Yeah, I have 3 TRU in my immediate area and they have been cleared out of ALL TMNT items since before Christmas.
    I grabbed my set before all the hoopla exploded.

I probably would have just opted to pass and bought something else if I had ended up scrummaging over them with a gazillion people

I have 3 of the 4 in stock in my store but that is about it and I had to wait 4 months for Playmates to send that
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Does one of them sell better than the others, how did you end up with 1 guy sold out?

I would think Mikey would sell better due to the metal chucks, but I haven't seen any evidence of that so far.

Does one of them sell better than the others, how did you end up with 1 guy sold out?

I would think Mikey would sell better due to the metal chucks, but I haven't seen any evidence of that so far.
    (at least for me) Raphael is the most popular followed by Mikey, Raph is also the one that usually ends up damaged in all the shipments. He is parked in the case where all the force and damage from shipping happens. So even though they are evenly packed, more often then not you will lose at least 2 of him to damage
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I have 3 of the 4 in stock in my store but that is about it and I had to wait 4 months for Playmates to send that
    If you ever get all 4 in stock at the same time let me know.

My TRU charged me $140 + tax for Masterpiece Optimus. It isn't just them; it's a more broad problem with all these exclusives. Amazon was apparently charging $50 a month ago for the DOTM Jetwing Prime. Now it's like $100. I am trying to stay as far away as I can from exclusives and 'hot' items.
    I don't think it's even just exclusives. Come to think of it, even Amazon bumped the basic turtles up in price in December, too. Even the basic ones sold by Amazon directly were like 12.99 or higher. I guess retailers have gotten wise to what-the-market-will-bear pricing.

I still need to open a Raphael and a Donatello for my loose collection. I stopped off at kmart this morning, but they were sold out. Kind of a bummer.
    I'm still kicking myself for passing up Leo and Raph when they were on sale for 6.99 or 7.99 at Target in early December for my loose turtles display. Hmph. I was trying to save money to spend on other people besides myself for the holidays... What a fool I was!

Quote Originally Posted by Perkaedo View Post
    I don't think it's even just exclusives. Come to think of it, even Amazon bumped the basic turtles up in price in December, too. Even the basic ones sold by Amazon directly were like 12.99 or higher. I guess retailers have gotten wise to what-the-market-will-bear pricing.
    I don't really mind it provided that they mark down stuff that doesn't sell. Toys R Us can't have it both ways. You can't jack the price up on items people do want and refuse to mark down items they don't want. They are still charging close to $20 for Dark of the Moon deluxes. Everyone else is blowing them out for $5-$7

I'm still kicking myself for passing up Leo and Raph when they were on sale for 6.99 or 7.99 at Target in early December for my loose turtles display. Hmph. I was trying to save money to spend on other people besides myself for the holidays... What a fool I was!

Well, I have everyone MOC, but I hadn't gotten around to getting loose ones yet for Raph and Donatello. Had a million chances, so I can't blame anyone else for my getting gun shy.

I don't really mind it provided that they mark down stuff that doesn't sell. Toys R Us can't have it both ways. You can't jack the price up on items people do want and refuse to mark down items they don't want. They are still charging close to $20 for Dark of the Moon deluxes. Everyone else is blowing them out for $5-$7

Well, I have everyone MOC, but I hadn't gotten around to getting loose ones yet for Raph and Donatello. Had a million chances, so I can't blame anyone else for my getting gun shy.
    Same here. I have them all moc but decided to do a loose set slowly, and now it's half complete. Oh well...in time.

Yeah TRU sucks at marking down. They don't seem to want to let go of any stock if it means less profit.
    Sucks for us, unless we find it elsewhere, since a lot has been popping up at Aldi and TJ Maxx and Ross, etc, for 6-8 bucks.

Still, I laugh every time I walk past the pegs with Thundercats on them. They marked them down, but they refuse to go any further so they'll never sell. And they're in a prime spot in the store, at the front of an aisle! Haha.

Same here. I have them all moc but decided to do a loose set slowly, and now it's half complete. Oh well...in time.
    Still, I laugh every time I walk past the pegs with Thundercats on them. They marked them down, but they refuse to go any further so they'll never sell. And they're in a prime spot in the store, at the front of an aisle! Haha.

LOL. Mine still has an army of thundertanks and Mummy Mumm-ra's. They are pretty much long gone from every other store in the area.

Well in TRU's defense Playmates did up the price of the 4" line at the beginning of November, so its not necessarily retailers ripping you off (TRU always does though lol) it did have something to do with Playmates cutting the profit margin for the Holidays because they knew demand was there

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Well in TRU's defense Playmates did up the price of the 4" line at the beginning of November, so its not necessarily retailers ripping you off (TRU always does though lol) it did have something to do with Playmates cutting the profit margin for the Holidays because they knew demand was there

It's just aggravating because you can actually save money by going ebay (never thought I'd be saying that) instead of buying from them.

DOTM ultimate optimus prime: My Toys R Us got one in and put it at $92 + tax. I can probably save $20 by getting it on ebay or amazon (not that that would be a good price if I did...)

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Classics Bebop and Rocksteady on the way:
    http://www.playmatestoys.com/brands/...lassic-figures
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Urgh, I was hoping for a Shredder! Still cool though; looking forward to what these two will look like. With the Turtles it's sort of a mix of toon and toy, but Bebop and Rocksteady always mirrored thier toys pretty well on the toon.

Oh hey...is this the first Bebop and Rocksteady since the old series? (I mean anything still attached to the old toon).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I will most likely get these guys. I am not that fond of the classics turtles (too close to the toon) but i'll take a bepbop and rocksteady for sure, shredder too if he looks good.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I ain't getting squat if they don't ramp up the production numbers. I have only one TRU and I'm not bothering with it anymore. I have crossed that store off my list. Going there is a waste of time.

I have really been trying to keep away from these. Bebop & Rocksteady a reality? Will power fading...fast!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Told you guys the wait would be worth it, there should still be a few more reveals on the Classics

And yes they do need to up the production numbers, the fact we are getting to 2nd wave and most major retailers outside Toys R Us have never gotten the figures in stock is amazing.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady...maybe Splinter or Krang.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I just hope they are in scale with the turtles which means they need to be a lot bigger. I guess 7.5-8 inches should suffice

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Shredder and April...... NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I just hope they are in scale with the turtles which means they need to be a lot bigger. I guess 7.5-8 inches should suffice
    I would not bet on that happening, if the 4" line is any indication. I can't wait to see how they look!