Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Maybe these will have stiffer joints or something. Some of the 12" joes with articulated hands hold weapons well while sometimes they have a case of the butter fingers. I prefer Kung Fu grip in many cases with action figures under 12".

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    Maybe these will have stiffer joints or something. Some of the 12" joes with articulated hands hold weapons well while sometimes they have a case of the butter fingers. I prefer Kung Fu grip in many cases with action figures under 12".
    I haven't tried too many 12 inchers, but they do have size in thier favor. I just haven't found any articulated fingers that could hold up against mild jostling of the figure; heck, even the kung-fu grip on Sigma 6 figures was annoying, and they were spring loaded! The fact remained that if you wanted to mess with the figure at all, the accessories would fall out or waggle around. The pictures of the Turtles here look the same, or worse. The fingers don't look long enough to fully enclose around the accessories, though I'm holding my final judgement until the final product is around (since these are obviously standard pre-shots). If they can make the tighest joints EVER, then sure, it may work. I just highly doubt it.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Finger articulation typically has two problems, one loose enough joints that can't support the weight of what they are trying to hold into place, two not being able to fully grip into place said item in the first place. But clear plastic bands are awesome.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I really really want that playset. It's awesome.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    When are the TMNT Classics scheduled to come out???
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Meh, what happened to the figures NECA was supposed to be releasing that were based off the original comics? Those are what I want.
    Me too.

Randy Falk totally blew it with TMNT and Street Fighter. He should have recouped his money that he lost overseas (The original comic TMNT with all red masks is unknown overseas, which made the figures flopped) with the US Market by taking advantage of the Foot Ninja or Foot Elite army builders. The line was in the hands of the sales of April O' Neil, instead of a Foot Ninja?? A figure that many didn't get because they were waiting on her yellow colored variant. If NECA would have used a Foot ninja, many fans would have brought multiples to build armies.

And Street Fighter? How do you NOT take advantage of the strongest Street Fighter has been in years? Jerry from the old SOTA would have loved to have put out figures while interest was strong in the property once again. He put out almost 30 figures when Street Fighter was DEAD -- imagine what he could have done with new GAMES out?

After these two colossal blunders, I swore off NECA figures.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    When are the TMNT Classics scheduled to come out???
    We wont know till Toy Fair, if I had to guess no earlier than May and most likely July/Aug
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I hope Playmates show more than just the TMNTC turtles at Toy Fair. I want to see TMNTC bad guys as well.

If this is true:
    The Kraang are Shredder's henchmen. They're kind of a throwback to the Utroms and Krang.
    then I'm not gonna bother to watch the new show.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I hope Playmates show more than just the TMNTC turtles at Toy Fair. I want to see TMNTC bad guys as well.
    Same here. Seems like every new TMNT line starts off with the Turtles, naturally, but then I'm stick waiting on the edge of my seat to see the main villian!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Me too.

Randy Falk totally blew it with TMNT and Street Fighter. He should have recouped his money that he lost overseas (The original comic TMNT with all red masks is unknown overseas, which made the figures flopped) with the US Market by taking advantage of the Foot Ninja or Foot Elite army builders. The line was in the hands of the sales of April O' Neil, instead of a Foot Ninja?? A figure that many didn't get because they were waiting on her yellow colored variant. If NECA would have used a Foot ninja, many fans would have brought multiples to build armies.

And Street Fighter? How do you NOT take advantage of the strongest Street Fighter has been in years? Jerry from the old SOTA would have loved to have put out figures while interest was strong in the property once again. He put out almost 30 figures when Street Fighter was DEAD -- imagine what he could have done with new GAMES out?

After these two colossal blunders, I swore off NECA figures.
    The writing was on the wall about NECA long before TMNT, they just botched that line a lot quicker than they do most of their others

I am dying to find out what a TMNTC Krang and Shredder will look like!!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Same here. Seems like every new TMNT line starts off with the Turtles, naturally, but then I'm stick waiting on the edge of my seat to see the main villian!
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I am dying to find out what a TMNTC Krang and Shredder will look like!!
    I think I will just have a sense of relief once the bad guys are shown. It will just reassure me regarding my decision to commit to the TMNTC line. I know it won't happen but I don't want to see another NECA debacle.

Speaking of NECA, in the video that Markatisu posted, it was stated that if the TMNTC line is successfull they will look at including everything from the history of TMNT including the 2003 series and the comics. That could pick up where NECA left off, even if it isn't the same quality

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I think I will just have a sense of relief once the bad guys are shown. It will just reassure me regarding my decision to commit to the TMNTC line. I know it won't happen but I don't want to see another NECA debacle.

Speaking of NECA, in the video that Markatisu posted, it was stated that if the TMNTC line is successfull they will look at including everything from the history of TMNT including the 2003 series and the comics. That could pick up where NECA left off, even if it isn't the same quality
    Yup I heard that again this morning, and while it would not be as incredible as 4H NECA designs they have proven they can capture the cartoon likeness and so they could probably do a pretty decent job with TMNTC Comic versions.

Lookin' sharp!
    And awesome to see the full poop at MTV Geek!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    If this is true:

then I'm not gonna bother to watch the new show.
    I'm with you there. The way they used the Utroms, namely Krang in the 80's series was one of the reasons why it was so bad. It was a disgrace. If the Utroms are going to be villains let alone henchmen of the Shredder than I will be very disappointed.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I hope that Classics is successful enough for them to get to the evil turtles like Slash and Tokka, they were always my favorite of the bunch.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Man, for my money the horsemen are the ONLY ones that ever got shredder right, and that damned toy never came out! he isn't THAT difficult to do but they alway flub the toy somehow (for my tastes).

SO it looks like it's just the turtles for me. The foot look ok, but I don't want foot without Shredder. and I don't like that shredder.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Man, for my money the horsemen are the ONLY ones that ever got shredder right, and that damned toy never came out! he isn't THAT difficult to do but they alway flub the toy somehow (for my tastes).

SO it looks like it's just the turtles for me. The foot look ok, but I don't want foot without Shredder. and I don't like that shredder.
    I like the look of the Shredder so far, however, I do wish they would lean him up a bit. Recent Shredders have been HUGE, like this guy. I liked the original's lean build, making him look fast rather than just a powerhouse. Granted, wasn't he an Ultrom in the 2003 toon, so he was in a robot body? Something like that, anyway. I only read this stuff.

Anyway, I'm with you on lamenting the loss of that NECA Shredder. I was really looking forward to that classic non-body builder look.

I really like the Nic-Turtles and I'm warming up to the Classics (I think I had built them up over the looooong wait to see them to the point that I was bound to be underwhelmed at first.) They're really keen! I also like the Kraang alien. I'm hoping for Shredder, April, Rocksteady, Bebop, Krang, and Splinter in the Classics. Anything else would be icing. (Baxter-Fly, Mondo Gecko, Fugitoid, Casey...I'd want them all! My wallet wouldn't though, especially with Baby Hartley on the way...)

This was all great news on a kinda sad day: the last of our three mice, Merryweather, died. I'm really sad.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I like the look of the Shredder so far, however, I do wish they would lean him up a bit. Recent Shredders have been HUGE, like this guy. I liked the original's lean build, making him look fast rather than just a powerhouse. Granted, wasn't he an Ultrom in the 2003 toon, so he was in a robot body? Something like that, anyway. I only read this stuff.

Anyway, I'm with you on lamenting the loss of that NECA Shredder. I was really looking forward to that classic non-body builder look.
    Yeah, he was an Utrom in 2003 but he still was lean, just a little taller. Once the series progressed he got bigger, but the style also changed as the series went along. I prefer a leaner ninja-like Shredder than a Super Shredder, unless the story calls for one.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    We wont know till Toy Fair, if I had to guess no earlier than May and most likely July/Aug
    Awesome! Can't wait!

I never had toys growing up, but now that we are in the 2nd Golden Age of toys, I am getting my chance with MOTU Classics, Thundercats Classics, Ghostbusters Classics, and now TMNT Classics. Woo Hoo!
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

These look really good. So will these indeed be at retail or we don't know for sure yet ?
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

-Chancellor Palpatine

Showed my 5 year old the photos this morning. Loved most of it - apart from Splinter. He really didn't have very nice things to say about him.

I am stoked! and look at that playset!!! HUGE!!! where am I going to put that?
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    The classics figures looks very nice.