Page 41 of 74 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1842

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I think it would be a mistake to make all four turtles available again in wave 2. That might make the newer releases incredibly hard to get.

(If they don't start making them available at more stores, then they will be ridulously hard to get as it is)

I would put 2 turtles in wave 2 and the others in wave 3.
    That is even worse imho because what happens if Wave 3 gets canceled? Then you have screwed people who don't get the other two turtles. Playmates makes more money if they do a good case ratio because it moves more product. That is why BBTS is offering the entire case for preorder instead of doing single sets right now.

Its also something Playmates would never do, they don't split up Turtles at any time. To them the 4 Turtles are like Superman and Batman or He-Man and Skeletor. They all have to be available at any given time (its why we get 4 variants in Wave 2 of the 4")
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    That is even worse imho because what happens if Wave 3 gets canceled? Then you have screwed people who don't get the other two turtles. Playmates makes more money if they do a good case ratio because it moves more product. That is why BBTS is offering the entire case for preorder instead of doing single sets right now.

The line wouldn't get cancelled while there are plenty of people missing 2 of the turtles. Lines die after the public's thirst for the major characters is quenched -- not before.

The question is: how many were made? How many people are still willing to buy them? If the number is large, then wave 2 could be looked at as really being the first wave of the line -- considering how the real first wave was handled.

Its also something Playmates would never do, they don't split up Turtles at any time. To them the 4 Turtles are like Superman and Batman or He-Man and Skeletor. They all have to be available at any given time (its why we get 4 variants in Wave 2 of the 4")

This isn't a typical turtle line, best I can tell.. Typical turtle lines probably had a gazillion figures. In this case, you are dealing with a handful of figures.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Heroic Warrior
    I found all 4 Ooze tossin' Turtles at Walmart today. I was on the fence about them, but went ahead got them so I wouldn't have to look to complete a set. They come in a case packed with a couple sets of regular Turtles, and at least one of everyone else, except I didn't see any Kraang or April. No new vehicles yet.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Love that Bebop and Rocksteady are coming next

Incidentally i'm off to Toy Fair next week, is there anything you guys want me to seek out or ask?
    Matt
    Freelance live music photographer - check out my website:
    http://www.mattfsphotography.com.dpg.cc/

Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mattfsMSN

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I saw the Turtles at a local game.comic shop, just couldn't swing them at the time (would have been $80). But man they looked great. I imagine I will break down and try and get them at some point, I loved TMNT.

The one I am really hoping for is Krang! A good, proper, 80's cartoon Krang. I have the old one up on a shelf (in the old big Andoid body)
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    I found all 4 Ooze tossin' Turtles at Walmart today. I was on the fence about them, but went ahead got them so I wouldn't have to look to complete a set. They come in a case packed with a couple sets of regular Turtles, and at least one of everyone else, except I didn't see any Kraang or April. No new vehicles yet.
    I got a case of the TMNT today (the one with the Ooze Turtles), April and Kraang have been phased out. So if you missed them you might want to pick them up at another store if you can find them as they are currently out of production in the newest assortment.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    The one I am really hoping for is Krang! A good, proper, 80's cartoon Krang.
    Completely agree. Also, a cartoon-accurate Shredder and Splinter wouldn’t go amiss.

I got a case of the TMNT today (the one with the Ooze Turtles), April and Kraang have been phased out. So if you missed them you might want to pick them up at another store if you can find them as they are currently out of production in the newest assortment.

That's funny because Kraang is the only one that I ever see anymore when I go to the store

That's funny because Kraang is the only one that I ever see anymore when I go to the store
    That is probably why they phased him out , they had already partially phased April out of Revision 1.5 replacing her with Fish Face

Be nice if April eventually accumulates some demand, I wouldn't mind trading mine off for something better. I would probably be willing to trade off Splinter, too.

Be nice if April eventually accumulates some demand, I wouldn't mind trading mine off for something better. I would probably be willing to trade off Splinter, too.
    Well at least Splinter is getting a 2nd version, I think April will be demanded eventually as people realize she is no longer available and more people want her just to complete their sets.

Then again April did not really sell in the 80's or 200x, I still see carded versions of her figures at comic shops and toy shows

I don't see it happening just because the initial reaction to her was so unenthusiastic.

Speaking of no demand.... I found a Mummy Mumm-ra at Walmart tonight marked down to $3 .
    What the hell, I don't have a loose one so I picked him up.

They should do a SDCC exclusive. They could have April in ninja garbs (since Splintor is training her) for it.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    If the next two classics are only going to be Bebop and Rocksteady, hopefully it's because they'll be scaled larger than the four turtles we got.

I am very disappointed that Mutagen Ooze Donatello can not swap heads with the previous figure. Not a fan of that original head.

Probably pass on the whole wave. I'm losing interest in the Nickelodeon line. I will probably keep buying the classics if I can find them.

Heroic Warrior
    Found a ToyFair preview on the Technodrome Forums. Here is an image gallery, lots of new stuff: http://imgur.com/a/KM9SD#0

Mousers, Leatherhead, Rat King, Shredder 2, some very cool stuff in there.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Leatherhead and Helmet-less Shredder look great, Rat King looks pretty cool as do the Mousers. Not a fan of the new Splinter , looks just as bad as the original.

It took me a bit to realize that new figure was Splinter. In general, I'm not a fan of Splinter's look for the show.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    New Shredder is cool; Leatherhead, Rat King and the Mousers look great. The new cockroach dude is interesting - didn't see Spyder Bytes anywhere.

And that pretty much confirms I need to find that original Splinter pronto!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

The completed listings prices for the first Splinter are absurd. But I like it... and can't wait to get rid of him

The completed listings prices for the first Splinter are absurd. But I like it... and can't wait to get rid of him
    Those prices should go down because he is in the new assortment so as long as people who want him pick him up in the next 2 months they won't miss out

LOL. I'm overspent on Transformers so I just threw him up on ebay with April and Shredder. I think I am done with the Nick line. This has been disappointing. They put out four turtles with zero articulation and they can't even make their heads the same size???

I picked up a Splinter for my son a week or two ago at TRU. I also saw the ooze items and Turtle variants.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I was at a Wal-Mart today and they must have recently got more stock in. They have many of the regular sized Turtle figures, including the variants.

Also yesterday I was at TRU. They didn't have any regular sized figures, but they had some larger sized variants. They also had that new small playset that folds up into a pizza box.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Does anyone know who the cockroach figure is from the ToyFair pictures? I thought hat it could be Scumbug.