Page 42 of 74 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1842

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

As of now I'm really only interested in the Classics line. Man I do hope we get a Classics April ala cartoon style. Maybe they can make her an SDCC exclusive. I see that the new April is a peg-warmer but she is hideous!

Just went out and got the ooze for my kids... they love it but even after you wash your hands well, if you eat anything with your hands, the bitter tasting ooze seeps in. I wonder just how toxic this stuff is. The got a small Raph and Mikey in the ooze... don't know if any one turtle is short packed.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Just got the ooze myself, got Mikey in it.... seems Raph was the first to go. None of the oozes had him.

The stuff smells TERRIBLE. The old ooze, much like the Real Ghostbusters slime and the Motu slime, had a certain charm to its scent. This stuff smells seriously toxic and nasty. I collect all Slime from all lines (my fav is the toxic crusaders stuff), but ive NEVER smelled anything like this including generic.... really unpleasent. My advise..... pull the turtle toy out, let it air out and seal this stuff back up.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Its too bad they could not get the old smell, I loved the smell of MOTU slime
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I think any aversion to April is more classic fans not liking the new design. (personally I think she's pretty cute though they could've captured the cartoon look a bit closer) It took me a while to get her and she was certainly shortpacked. Splinter's the real peg warmer I find (though the Kraang is fairly common too -but at least that's an army builder) I find it hard to believe at least a Classics April wouldn't sell since the target audience for that is fans of the original series. Assuming they did 80's toon April in the super articulated Classics style any true TMNT fan would snatch it up quick.

I'm also puzzled by people saying April was a tough seller in the original line. If that's so why did they make at least 11 versions of her?

I may get the new 2.0 Shredder. He looks better than the first release, which I wasn't too impressed by. The cape is a definite improvement though I'm not too impressed with the unmasked head. On the cartoon we have yet to see him unmasked, but what we can see in the eye area of his helmet shows he is clearly scarred/burned from his past fight with Splinter. The figure does not seem to be scarred at all -just bald.

going to pass on the roach guy -because his sculpt is too good! Sorry but I hate roaches. Not so much a phobia as they just plain disgust me. Spiders I don't mind but roaches.......
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    The new TMNT stuff posted on Toynewsi is good, I like Leatherhead, Snakeweed, Rat King and the new Shredder. Not sold on Baxter or the insect guy yet.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    LOL. I'm overspent on Transformers so I just threw him up on ebay with April and Shredder. I think I am done with the Nick line. This has been disappointing. They put out four turtles with zero articulation and they can't even make their heads the same size???
    This actually answers a question I had. My wife and I saw the new turtles the other day at Walmart and I was speculating whether or not the heads would be interchangeable.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    This actually answers a question I had. My wife and I saw the new turtles the other day at Walmart and I was speculating whether or not the heads would be interchangeable.

Watch Optibotimus' video. The only head which seems like it might be a go is Raphael. It might be possible to carve out the inside of their heads to accomodate the larger peg, but I don't have the equipment to do so.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Evil Master of Warcraft
    This has been around for years in World of Warcraft. A little nod to TMNT. Doesn't deserve it's own thread, so I figured I'd post here just for fun.

WoWScrnShot_012113_201949.jpg
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Went to 6 stores from NY to NJ yesterday, not 1 store had ANY merch. NOTHING.

Is this a reset or something? Splinter, April and the Foot Soldiers were MEGA peg warmers and over night POOF!!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

How much do the TMNT Classics cost at toy stores in US?
    I tried to order them in eBay and the most affordable option with shipping included (to Argentina) was U$130; and I think that they are even getting more expensive. I had to desist since once such package may arrive to my country, customs were going to rip me off $65 more in taxes.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post

Is this a reset or something? Splinter, April and the Foot Soldiers were MEGA peg warmers and over night POOF!!

I don't know that you could say that they were peg warming. The definition of peg warming has to include some pre-defined time limit. I am still seeing Iron Man 2 figures everywhere. Now that's peg warming

I think I might pick up the pizza box playset for a vintage display. I kind of like that one better than the other one. The little pizza's would be great to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post

Nope sold out, store until the past week when Playmates shipped more were literally sold out at the warehouse level. Also peg warming is Thundercats, I don't consider anything TMNT peg warming

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    How much do the TMNT Classics cost at toy stores in US?
    I tried to order them in eBay and the most affordable option with shipping included (to Argentina) was U$130; and I think that they are even getting more expensive. I had to desist since once such package may arrive to my country, customs were going to rip me off $65 more in taxes.
    The Classics cost anywhere from $16.95-19.95 depending on where you go, the Classics weigh a tad under 4lb which means it will be $25-40 shipping to Argentina. If you get them on the middle of the pricing you will be paying at least $100, given they are basically sold out nationwide in the US at least there is a premium on them till the Spring when Playmates ships Wave 2 (which will have the 4 TMNT again)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Nope sold out, store until the past week when Playmates shipped more were literally sold out at the warehouse level. Also peg warming is Thundercats, I don't consider anything TMNT peg warming

The Classics cost anywhere from $16.95-19.95 depending on where you go, the Classics weigh a tad under 4lb which means it will be $25-40 shipping to Argentina. If you get them on the middle of the pricing you will be paying at least $100, given they are basically sold out nationwide in the US at least there is a premium on them till the Spring when Playmates ships Wave 2 (which will have the 4 TMNT again)
    Thank you Markatisu!
    Well, if they are going to be re-released in a couple of months with Bebop & RockSteady it's quite promising that I may eventually get them. I thought for a moment they were going into "no ore re-releases past MEF" mode.
    Still, I hope that we may see another 2 figure wave of classics later this year that may have Shredder, and eventually Metal Head and with extremely great (vain) expectations, Mutagen Man
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

My Wal-Mart got a case this week and my boyfriend was nice enough to pick up the remaining figures for me. He said that they looked picked over by the time that he got there. The only figure that I need now is April. I haven't been able to find her yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Thank you Markatisu!
    Well, if they are going to be re-released in a couple of months with Bebop & RockSteady it's quite promising that I may eventually get them. I thought for a moment they were going into "no ore re-releases past MEF" mode.
    Still, I hope that we may see another 2 figure wave of classics later this year that may have Shredder, and eventually Metal Head and with extremely great (vain) expectations, Mutagen Man
    From the looks of it the Wave 2 Classics Case is going to have at least 1-2 sets of the 4 TMNT Turtles
    so you should be OK as long as you get them sometime this year. Not sure if a Wave 3 will have the 4 TMNT again they might get phased out for new figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    My Wal-Mart got a case this week and my boyfriend was nice enough to pick up the remaining figures for me. He said that they looked picked over by the time that he got there. The only figure that I need now is April. I haven't been able to find her yet.
    April was phased out of the newest assortment so you will need to track down a store that got one of the older assortments

From the looks of it the Wave 2 Classics Case is going to have at least 1-2 sets of the 4 TMNT Turtles
    so you should be OK as long as you get them sometime this year. Not sure if a Wave 3 will have the 4 TMNT again they might get phased out for new figures.

April was phased out of the newest assortment so you will need to track down a store that got one of the older assortments
    That's good to know. It seems as if most of the older assortments are sold-out, so I'll need to track her down by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    That's good to know. It seems as if most of the older assortments are sold-out, so I'll need to track her down by other means.
    I have one left in my store, Big Bad Toy Store appears to have a few still as well. So its out there I think

I would avoid eBay though, they are going to be inflated in price there

Even Claudus does not move anymore. I see him all the time at Five Below

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I agree about the Ooze being disappointing because of the smell/taste. You can scrub your hands multiple times and the taste is still there! Makes me not want to touch thr stuff...and I LOVE slime toys.

IMO, the best slime out right now is the Trash Pack slime. Except for the little turtles, I'd almost just tell folks to get the Trash Pack slime to use with their TMNT instead.

The idea of the Ooze Turtles is fun, and I like the slime throwing action feature. But that's about it. However, I won't be fussed over any of the Turtle variants. I understand that's just a regular part of a TMNT line. And I'm sure kids will enjoy them. I know I had a bunch of the various wacky TMNT variants as a kid, and always loved playing with them. Would be cool if head swapping were more possible though, as I do really like their more cartoon-accurate head sculpts.

The Pop-Up playset is ingenious, though! I'd definitely recommend everyone nab one of these! So much fun!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Maybe try the ink soap that they sell at places like AC Moore or Michael. It feels kind of like sandpaper.
    It might do a better job of removing the residue.

I used to work in a print shop, I used to have ink all over me every night and it was incredbily difficult to get off.

http://doomkick.com/news-teenage-mut...nd-rocksteady/

We're getting Bebop and Rocksteady in TMNT Classics!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    http://doomkick.com/news-teenage-mut...nd-rocksteady/

We're getting Bebop and Rocksteady in TMNT Classics!
    See previous 2-3 pages.

Though this may be the first image of the silhouettes?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

The silhouettes come from Playmate Toys product page for the TMNT Classics

Yes! I was able to get a decent buck for April, Splinter, and Shredder. Need the money, way overspent. Good riddance.