Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1647

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    the TMNT play set is Amazing! havent seen a play set like that in a long time. I would kill to have that play set as a kid. I would often use my imagination that the TMNT were in the sewer or on the city streets. this play set is just that.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

My Toys R Us got a load in. They had some "Flingers." I don't know what they are, but they are about 6" tall and look extremely gimmicky.

I had to pass on the pizza playset ($31.99), I need to cut my spending for a while, I'm only buying small stuff right now

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Maybe try the ink soap that they sell at places like AC Moore or Michael. It feels kind of like sandpaper.
    It might do a better job of removing the residue.

I used to work in a print shop, I used to have ink all over me every night and it was incredbily difficult to get off.
    It's not residue. It's a bitterent, the same garbage several companies added to canned air to keep people from huffing it. Toy companies started adding it to stuff like this to keep kids from eating it. Problem is, the reason people avoid canned air (among other products) with a bitterent is because of what we have with the ooze: it's made to not wash off, sticks around for hours, sometimes days, and spreads to absolutely everything it comes in contact with. And once you touch something that you've previously touched with the bitterent before it's dissipated, it just comes right back on you.

I picked up some ooze tonight, pulled the turtles out, played with it a bit, then sealed it up, washed my hands and went about my evening. My wife and I went to the movies and we began eating popcorn once we sat down. I noticed the taste of the bitterent, but it had been hours (about 6) since I had played with the ooze and, frankly, I had forgotten all about it, so I thought I had just hit some burnt pieces or something. Then my wife started complaining about the bad taste. We had them throw out the popcorn and give us fresh, but nothing changed. That's when it dawned on me: that taste was the exact same as the bitterant from the air cans. We've tried washing with regular hand soap, shop soap, olive oil, vinegar, lemon oil, laundry detergent, everything. Nothing is making a dent. Basically, I just spent $16 on items that I can never touch again unless I want bitterant all over everything for who knows how long. I'm kind of livid right now.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Our Target finally restocked, so we were able to pick up a regular Donatello. Splinter was already gone by the time we got there, but they did have the new Turtle variants. Colorful, but I don't see us picking these up. Still, glad to see the line doing well.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Like the Rat King toy it's a must buy for me.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Does anybody have any idea if we should expect to see new stock of the Dragon Chopper appearing in stores in the future, or has that ship pretty much sailed? Was this one short-packed with the Stealth or something?

I wasn't sure how far into the line I wanted to get so I put that one off, but now I really want it after buying the Stealth Bike last week. Trouble is I can't find it in any stores around here anymore. My Targets seem to have dropped the line altogether, my Wal-Marts are still bringing in the new stuff but are only giving it a sliver of the aisle and many items are not tagged (they put out more Shellraisers last week, wonder if they are new or they just found some in the back one day), and my TRUs seem to only have newer stuff.

BTW, I just joined this forum mainly for this thread -- seems to be the best place I've found so far for chatter about the new line!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I'm not entirely sure. I hope it's just a matter of the stores still needing to restock, but I'm also not sure what all Playmates is sending back out. I'm opposite of you...I bought the Dragon Chopper but decided to wait on the Stealth Bike. Now I wish I had also bought it, because I haven't seen any of those older vehicels since long before Christmas.

My area is the same as yours. Neither my Wal-Marts nor Target have restocked TMNT yet, and my TRU is sporadically restocking, but only the brand new stuff. I do hope some of the older stuff gets reissued, but I'm honestly not sure at this point.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

And I got my Classics Michaelangelo today my four turtles are complete. I wasn't expecting a refresh at my hastings for awhile.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Finally got my re-issue Splinter... crappy paint but whatever. Krang and April are NO WHERE to be seen, I do understand April was removed though so thats expected. I saw some Dragon bikes too. This was all at a TRU. Walmart had only the slime chuckers, no slime though. And all Kmarts in NY/NJ in my vicinity have TOTALLY removed the TMNT stuff including the pegs.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I'm not entirely sure. I hope it's just a matter of the stores still needing to restock, but I'm also not sure what all Playmates is sending back out. I'm opposite of you...I bought the Dragon Chopper but decided to wait on the Stealth Bike. Now I wish I had also bought it, because I haven't seen any of those older vehicels since long before Christmas.
    Well, shoot. I'm heading to my Wal-Mart tonight (to see if they still have ooze throwing Mikey/Raph), where I'm pretty sure they will still have two Stealth Bikes left for $19.97. If you or anybody else either wants to trade for an in-package Dragon Chopper or buy one at cost (plus shipping/paypal fee), PM me, we can make it happen (if I can find a box for it)! But I see that the Stealth Bike is on Amazon & eBay for about that much anyway, it's the Chopper that has the inflated price.

IMO, the best slime out right now is the Trash Pack slime. Except for the little turtles, I'd almost just tell folks to get the Trash Pack slime to use with their TMNT instead.
    Thanks for this tip. I bought all 4 turtles in the new ooze but am afraid to mess with it after the "bitterant"/taste comments. I saw your recommendation the other day, and found Trash Pack ooze packs on clearance at Target right now for $5 and change. Bought two, and the ooze is fantastic! Then I found a guy on eBay selling the ooze + can from those packs by itself and got some more. Plenty of ooze here! Actually on the one hand the Trash ooze is a bit runny and thus really sticks to the hands if you grab a whole glob, but on the other hand you want your TMNT ooze to be thin/runny so that's fine with me. It's really exactly how I remember the original TMNT ooze.

Forgot how much I love ooze, all the way back to Real Ghostbusters ectoplasm. A couple years back I saw a clearance Scooby Doo Goo Pod at TRU and bought one for the heck of it, but that stuff is really too firm.

Someone has an original, unopened purple-variant TMNT retromutagen ooze can from back in the day on eBay for $315 right now (search "ooze shredder rare"). What's more he sold a green can for $170 last month... Wonder if it breaks down any or evaporates over all those years, even when sealed...

Playmates removed the Dragon Chopper from the shipping case so all you should be seeing shortly are Stealth Bikes, I opened a case of them on Friday at a Walmart. Though it will be phased out within a few months replaced by the splits apart car sku that is currently only in TRU (the 4 cars that combine from that one episode and split off into teams)

Look at places like Gordmans, Kohls, and Kmart as they burned through their stock slower. Walmart, Target and TRU are less likely to have older figures due to the high sales of Christmas.

They have not phased out any of the small vehicles, they just cut it in half and replaced the other half with the new Helicopter and Boat vehicles.

The Figures are Wave 1 Revision 2 which removed April and Kraang and replaced them with the Mutagen Ooze turtles and more Dogpound and Metalhead
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

And I break the peg going into Mikey's upper arm trying to loosen the swivel on the shoulder. When I found out it was tight tried the freeze method and wasn't forcing the joint in question but was most likely putting stress on the peg.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    And I break the peg going into Mikey's upper arm trying to loosen the swivel on the shoulder. When I found out it was tight tried the freeze method and wasn't forcing the joint in question but was most likely putting stress on the peg.
    I had to use a hair dryer, WD40 would have also loosened it up. You should call Playmates and see about a replacement
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Cool... Rocksteady and Bebop Classics will be shown at NYTF! Shame they're the only figures for Wave 2 but that's better than nothing.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I had to use a hair dryer, WD40 would have also loosened it up. You should call Playmates and see about a replacement
    I hadn't heard about using WD-40, but I was going to contact tomorrow since I left for work right after making that post.

Snappy Threader
    I am looking forward to Snakeweed. What a cool looking figure....

New Classics revealed

WIP Toy Fair Display with new 4" figures

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Where did these pics pop up?

Hmmm...Bebop and Rocksteady don't look as cartoon accurate as the Turtles. Almost sylized? I'm anxious to get a close up look at them next weekend at Toy Fair.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Where did these pics pop up?

Hmmm...Bebop and Rocksteady don't look as cartoon accurate as the Turtles. Almost sylized? I'm anxious to get a close up look at them next weekend at Toy Fair.
    MTV Geek posted them this morning on Twitter, people assumed they were customs until shortly after they posted that one of the 4" figures which is in the same room with the same layout proving them to be at least in the Prototype stage. Unless an incredible customizer somehow got access to the entire Wave 2 line a few months early

i think they look AWESOME!! i didn't buy the classics turtles but bebop and rocksteady will be bought.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    The heads look a little strange, but that may just be the angle.

Man, I really want to know who that cockroach guy is in the 4" line!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    The heads look a little strange, but that may just be the angle.

Man, I really want to know who that cockroach guy is in the 4" line!
    that would be....

it would be AWESOME if they get this guy (Carl Payne) to voice him!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Hmmmmm.... I have mixed feelings on Rocksteady and Bebop. Like Dan, I was thinking/hoping they'd be more cartoon accurate. They still look pretty cool (though they do both look like they are constipated), so it's a cool take on them, but also a little disappointing at the same time. Maybe I'll like them even more once more picks from different angles pop up.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

They look alright. Definitely not cartoon-accurate, though. Much more stylised. A little disappointing, TBH.

I guess that's where I differ, I dislike how the turtles look TOO cartoony, bebop and rocksteady's style is how I want them to look. I think they will fit in nicely with the NECA turtles.

Fear is faith in failure