Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1874

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Bebop and Rocksteady look sweeet!
    Maybe my eyes are fooling me, but it doesn't look like that Rocksteady has ankle articulation. Can you double check that next week, Dan?

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    Maybe my eyes are fooling me, but it doesn't look like that Rocksteady has ankle articulation. Can you double check that next week, Dan?
    For sure! Video and pics will certainly be coming from me!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I think that Bebop and Rocksteady look awesome. However, I'm reluctant to jump into the Classics line. I still have not-so-great memories from Thundercats Classics and I don't want to be left with only a few characters. I don't need all of the vintage figures, but at least enough to display them. With Thundercats, I only had Lion-O, Tigra, and Mumm-Ra. If more series are released, I need to look into buying these.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I think that Bebop and Rocksteady look awesome. However, I'm reluctant to jump into the Classics line. I still have not-so-great memories from Thundercats Classics and I don't want to be left with only a few characters. I don't need all of the vintage figures, but at least enough to display them. With Thundercats, I only had Lion-O, Tigra, and Mumm-Ra. If more series are released, I need to look into buying these.
    well, with turtles you will at least have TWICE what thundercats gave you.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Well, IMO TMNT Classics already has enough for a decent display. We at least have all 4 Turtles and two of the major villains from the original cartoon series on the way. If we also at the very least get Shredder eventually, I'll be happy. Of course I do want more than just those characters. I'd love to see Krang, a Foot Soldier (potential for army building!), Splinter, April to round out the "main" characters. If it goes beyond that, maybe a few fan favorites like Slash, The Rat King, Leatherhead, and Casey Jones. I also wouldn't mind Tokka and Rahzar.... and on that note I wouldn't mind some other movie-inspired figures (the 4 Turtles in movie form, movie foot soliders, possibly up to 3 versions of Shredder... one from the first movie and his regular and Super forms from the second movie), but that's a whole other tangent.

The problem with Thundercats was that we didn't even get the full main adult "team" ( Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro, and Cheetara.... though I still would have like to have seen Wily Kit,Wily Kat, and Snarf made), and what we did get was released in two different scales! Mumm-Ra looks ridiculous next to Tygra or the 8" Lion-O, and the 6" Lion-O looks ridiculous with his mouth open.

With TMNT, we already have the main "team". One could argue that Splinter is missing, and I DO want a Classics figure of him, but him being missing IMO is like not getting a Jaga figure for T-Cats... he would be VERY nice to have, but he's more of a mentor character and not directly a part of the main team.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Playmates is not Bandai so I don't think you have to worry. Can't wait till next week
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Didn't even know the classic line existed before I found this thread last week. Having collected the 25th Anniversary line, wasn't sure if I wanted these or not but Bebop & Rocksteady look cool enough to compel me. I've ordered a series 2 case, hoping you guys are right and it will include the turtles again. Would be pretty wacky if it didn't.

I can't wait for the training turtles and mousers, and really all the other upcoming basic figures. Only Leatherhead seems a little dull, to me. Hope they are not hard to find...for some reason Fishface has already been pretty elusive.

Also I just noticed some new listings appeared on BBTS, which led me to this article...maybe it's common knowledge but news to me...

Playmates will unveil the next generation of figures, vehicles, playlets and role play gear at Toy Fair 2013. These include:

• A 14-inch “Mega Mutant” Leonardo remote control figure that puts kids in control of punches, kicks, chops and spin kicks;
    • A radio-controlled “Ninja Control Shellraiser” vehicle that includes a sewer cover-firing cannon; and
    • The “Secret Sewer Lair” play set, recreating the Turtles’ home as seen on the show.
    (The last bullet instills more hope we'll indeed see the lair get a wide release this year as clues were indicating.)

Last, about that Dragon Chopper -- today I happened to check Amazon for the umpteenth time, and to my astonishment a $19.99 listing direct from Amazon was showing in the sidebar and the marketplace sub-page, where it said something about "backordered, should be in stock by February 7". I jumped don it, and as soon as my order was complete, the Amazon-direct listing went away. If Amazon seems to think they can get more, it gives me hope that more are coming elsewhere -- but I may end up getting hosed if it was a mistake of some kind.

Yeah the Lair was only a TRU timed exclusive, Walmart and Target should get it before the end of the year.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

These are all good points about the TMNT Classics. I am glad that Bandai is not handling the license and since the new show is doing well, it probably bodes well for the Classics line.

The weird problem that I always have with TMNT is that the 4 main turtles don't really interest me. All of the peripheral characters are much more interesting to me. So, to clarify my earlier statement, I would like to see more peripheral characters before committing to the line. The four turtles by themselves, while a complete set, wouldn't do it for me. Rocksteady and Bebop are a step in the right direction.

Bebop and Rocksteady look cool, but to me the TMNT classics don't come close to the awesomeness of MOTUC. I will definitely be getting them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah the Lair was only a TRU timed exclusive, Walmart and Target should get it before the end of the year.
    Well wouldja lookit that, BBTS must have been adding TMNT stuff as I typed that post because they put up a pre-order for the lair (May 2013).. w00t.
    Last edited by markatisu; January 31, 2013 at 12:46am. Reason: removing sales link

Interesting look for Bebop and Rocksteady! Certainly look more realistic than the Turtles. Not sure if that's a bad thing. The Turtles look like they're based on the toys with cartoon styling, but Bebop and Rocksteady look more like they're being updated.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Last edited by TrimmTrabb; January 30, 2013 at 06:43pm.

Oh god!

I've been trying not to hop onto any of the new TMNT lines but Rocksteady and Beebop are gorgeous. The heads don't look very cartoon acurate but I still love them. I'd like to see some side shots of the heads. Rocksteady looks WAY TOO mean. I love though that both come with their classics weapons and that Rocksteady has a removable helmet so you can choose between vintage look or cartoon.

Mission failed!! I'm officially "on" the Classics line now.

Bring on Shredder, April, Splinter, Casey, Krang, "fly" Baxter, Foot Soldier...

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    It looks like there is, but it's pretty well hidden. I almost missed Bebops also
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Yeesh, I wonder how those claw-like hands are gona hold anything. Then again, the handles on the guns look wide enough, though without any sort of C-grip they won't stay in there if you wana play with the figures at all. At any rate, these look a little prototypical, so I can't really make any assumptions yet.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Sorry, just really not feeling them.

The neck articulation on Bebop looks very strange. I will reserve judgement until I see them in package (if not in person).
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Sorry, just really not feeling them.
    agreed.. I thought the 'Classics' line was supposed to be toon accurate figures. something we never really got before. Bebop and Rocksteady are too stylized for my tastes. Only the basic toon components are there. they sort of remind me of the jim lee turtles for some reason from a few years back. i'll pass
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Toon inspired, not 100% Even the Turtles weren't 100% toon. I'm glad these are less toon accurate, they look better than the turtle as collector's toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    agreed.. I thought the 'Classics' line was supposed to be toon accurate figures. something we never really got before. Bebop and Rocksteady are too stylized for my tastes. Only the basic toon components are there. they sort of remind me of the jim lee turtles for some reason from a few years back. i'll pass
    As far as I was told they were never intended to be toon accurate, they are supposed to blend all the designs similar to MOTUC

hmm, while I absolutly LOVE how Bebop and Rocksteady turned out...I hate to admit it, but I am still waiting to buy anything from this toy line.
    Now...[IF]...[AND ONLY IF]... they also make the 80's toon version of Krang, Shredder, and the Footsoldiers... I would in a heartbeat go back an buy all of these as well as multiples of the foot soldiers.

But until I see these remaining MUST HAVE 3 TMNT figures I am going to continue to hold off and waiting to buy anything from this line.
    Last edited by Replikor; January 31, 2013 at 12:48am.

I am still operating under the assumption that I am going to buy them when I come across them. That assumes, of course, that I'm not overspent (which I am right now, heh.)

I won't feel too bad if I end up having to pass -- they are secondary characters. I'm actually more concerned about getting the pizza playset. That's the only TMNT item on my radar right now.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I actually have some buyer's remorse with the four turtles. I hate their loose hands which can't hold weapons if you breathe on them. The Neca turtles are the best turtle toys for me.

These two however I love as stand alone toys.