Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1723

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I'm bummed at how small in size they are when compared to the four turtles. I wasn't expecting anything close to accurate sizes when compared to the cartoons, but I'm definitely not happy with these two almost looking smaller than the other four =/

This would be a good time to sell them off. You could always buy them again later if you change your mind. I sold off Fishface, metalhead, and dogpound.
    Later I sold off Splinter, April, and Shredder. Not feeling the need to pick up replacements for any of them, so $50+ saved for something better.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Heroic Warrior
    Bebop and Rocksteady look awesome!

If I had to "quibble", I would probably soften some of the "hyper-detailed" wrinkles, warts, etc on their heads to give them a slightly more toon-accurate headsculpt.

Other than that, I'd also like to see Rocksteady with his sword and scabbard (on his back like the cartoon design), a slimmer chin and neck for Bebop (to allow for a ball-jointed neck) and thigh-swivels (unless they're already there or the ball-jointed hips have a wide range of movement).

Otherwise, the figures are pretty much perfect. A great blend of the old-school cartoon designs and the action figure figures in a similar manner to the four turtles which mixed cartoon and action figure design elements.

The reaction to Bebop and Rocksteady, particularly their headsculpts, appears to be mixed so I hope they still sell well enough for Playmates to continue with a third series including Shredder and a Foot Soldier. Not to mention Splinter, April O'Neil, Krang, Casey Jones and MANY others!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I cannot wait for these! they look so cool, I can't fault them, I'm glad they aren't 100% straight up cartoon accurate - as I am a big fan of the toon and the vintage figures.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    The reaction to Bebop and Rocksteady, particularly their headsculpts, appears to be mixed so I hope they still sell well enough for Playmates to continue with a third series including Shredder and a Foot Soldier. Not to mention Splinter, April O'Neil, Krang, Casey Jones and MANY others!
    They will sell fine, these characters have not had figures in years, fans tend to complain up and down but ultimately they will buy them for 2 reasons

1)The Classics line as it is already is scarce due to mass retail not being able to get enough of them for demand (walmart and target never even got Wave 1 for their stores, just online) which makes them more sought after for both resellers and fans

2)These characters have been fan demanded for years

Kids are not buying the Classics, adults buy the Classics and by doing just 2 figures in the next wave it makes it easy enough to fill demand then rotate them out or add in 2 new figures in a revision/new wave. Playmates is doing the Classics VERY smart, then again they have yet to have a misstep on TMNT (outside maybe the smelly ooze which has angered a lot of people)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    I'm bummed at how small in size they are when compared to the four turtles. I wasn't expecting anything close to accurate sizes when compared to the cartoons, but I'm definitely not happy with these two almost looking smaller than the other four =/
    Wait till Toy Fair, the images are shot at a distant so its skewing the perspective I think. Not to say they are any taller but I doubt they are shorter/smaller than the 4 brothers.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I actually have some buyer's remorse with the four turtles. I hate their loose hands which can't hold weapons if you breathe on them. The Neca turtles are the best turtle toys for me.

These two however I love as stand alone toys.
    I agree regarding the hand articulation. I think "static" hands would have been much better, as the articulated fingers can become loose too easily and don't get firm grips on the weapons to begin with (especially the very frustrating thumbs!)

They look cool as stand alone figures as has been said. Based on their design, I think that they would look quite fine next to MOTUC Trap Jaw, Optikk or Slush Head.

I've never been into TMNT a lot, however, with this line, I'm feeling the same expectation that I felt whenever MOTUC was launched; that anxious tingling sensation of "how Krang Android body would look like?" or "what would be the next figure?" or "shall they release Mutagen Man?". Something that I lost on other collections such as DCUC, G.I.Joe and even MOTUC
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I agree regarding the hand articulation. I think "static" hands would have been much better, as the articulated fingers can become loose too easily and don't get firm grips on the weapons to begin with (especially the very frustrating thumbs!)
    Yeah, playmates always seems to be a little behind when it comes to articulation. Takes 'em forever to use some of the standards of the day, then when they do, it's always strange. Like the Foot Solider and Shredder from the TMNT movie...they use those annoying hip joints that everyone uses, but they added them in such a way that they were useless. Then of course, I would have thought that everyone was agreed that articulated fingers are HORRID and we all learned a good lesson from Toybiz during the Marvel Legend heyday of "lets get as much redundant and useless articulation as possible!" But...here we are with Playmates being a bit behind and assuming that more articulation is better, regardless of those fingers being the only things keeping the weapons in the hands.

'Course it does well enough, but they would be frustrating as HECK when I was a kid, and I imagine that would still hold true for today's kids (whichever ones are still buying toys, anyway...)
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    Really? Maybe my eyes are fooling me, due to perspective. But, I could swear that they're maybe a 1/2" taller than the Turtles. You can't really expect them to do much more than that, at the same price point.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Bebop and Rocksteady look great! better than the original buy far.
    I'm tempted to buy TMNT now. But MOTUC is enough I don't need to start anther. unless it was Sectaurs or a better Thundercats line of toys.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

The patrol buggy's are out. I picked them up at my local TRU yesterday. They come 2 to a box and are $19.99. I didn't even know they were out yet. They are awesome!

Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Well, I officially purchased my first item from the new TMNT line this past weekend (meaning the new line based on the new cartoon.... I already had the Classic figures). I found an April figure at FYE of all places. I know she's becoming a bit scarce now that she isn't in the newer waves.

I'll probably slowly pick up the main characters here and there over the course of time. I don't want to go too wild all at once.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Well, I officially purchased my first item from the new TMNT line this past weekend (meaning the new line based on the new cartoon.... I already had the Classic figures). I found an April figure at FYE of all places. I know she's becoming a bit scarce now that she isn't in the newer waves.

I'll probably slowly pick up the main characters here and there over the course of time. I don't want to go too wild all at once.
    I'm scrambling now trying to find a Kraang for a gift. I can find EVERYONE else but Kraang.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    The patrol buggy's are out. I picked them up at my local TRU yesterday. They come 2 to a box and are $19.99. I didn't even know they were out yet. They are awesome!

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...7/DSCF0116.jpg
    They only had one of the sets at our TRU, someone must have bought the other half
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I'm scrambling now trying to find a Kraang for a gift. I can find EVERYONE else but Kraang.

It's always like that. I am trying so hard to find cyberverse optimus prime with the 2 blue canons.
    I used to see them all the time, now I can only find the Nightwatch redeco version.

I stopped at TRU today, at they had a dozen of the Pizza box playsets. So I picked one up to use as a display for my small collection of the Nick turtles. Very cool!
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

I have got to have that pizza box playset. I'm hoping to get one next weekend, not sure if I can wait that long

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Target restocked, and I finally was able to get Splinter! All caught up now - ready for Baxter and Snakeweed to start hitting!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Toys R Us is doing a B1G1 50% on all TMNT stuff so this would be the week to get some of the newer stuff at a decent price

Eh, means nothing.

They did the same sale last week on deluxe Transformers. They come out to the same price that Walmart normally charges for deluxes anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Eh, means nothing.

They did the same sale last week on deluxe Transformers. They come out to the same price that Walmart normally charges for deluxes anyway
    Yeah except TRU has almost all the new toys for TMNT while Walmart only has received the 1.5b revision of figures

Its not a question of a better deal, its more if you just have to have the new toys right now then take advantage of the "sale" to get them at the same price that Walmart will have them for in 1-2 months

It's always like that. I am trying so hard to find cyberverse optimus prime with the 2 blue canons.
    I used to see them all the time, now I can only find the Nightwatch redeco version.
    don't you just hate that. you're right though 3 weeks ago, Kraang was SO easy to find, same with splinter and april, now - nowhere to be seen. guess the resellers and collectors both heard that they were out of the next wave and scrambled.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I don't know that he was easy to find. He was the only one I was finding, but not in significant quantities....

Collectors often have a stampede mentality. I am largely trying to avoid that. I focus on clearance, ko's, older waves, etc. Right now I am into the Redakai figures at Big Lots. Froztok is awesome.

I'm headed over there today to pick up some more. They come with translucent accessories. That alone makes them worth the $3
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; February 8, 2013 at 09:21am.

some of the redakai stuff is cool! I never bought any though, for me Kraang was a BREEZE to find. I never had a problem finding ANY TMNT until last week. I was like homer going to see mr T. at the mall, "I'll go a little later, i'll go a little later..."

I don't know that he was easy to find. He was the only one I was finding, but not in significant quantities....

Collectors often have a stampede mentality. I am largely trying to avoid that. I focus on clearance, ko's, older waves, etc. Right now I am into the Redakai figures at Big Lots. Froztok is awesome.

I'm headed over there today to pick up some more. They come with translucent accessories. That alone makes them worth the $3

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    I'm still trying to decide how far to go with this line. Right now I'm doing all of the "basic" (and same-scale, e.g. ooze tossin') figures, all the playsets, and all the vehicles...

Except, I haven't felt like buying these buggies yet. With the Ooze vehicles we now have 4 small stand-alone vehicles, one per turtle, each with a unique turtle on the box art. Vehicles take up more space and I don't want to encourage them to go crazy with hundreds more so I feel like the buggies take it too far, for me.

It is pretty cool that they snap together, but do the buggies even show up on the television show? I've only watched the first four episodes so far. I figured there was a good chance the Rippin' Rider shows up (it was my gateway drug to the small vehicles, initially I swore those off entirely), and a skateboard... And I figured the Stealth Shell & Dragon Bike must be real vehicles since they got the LEGO treatment too... I almost didn't buy the Ooze vehicles but I figured it "completes" a set of 4 and I really liked the Sewer Cruiser design (it reminded me, along with its floating ability, of the old school Sewer Tubes which I used to love).