Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1841

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Any Rat King sightings yet? Iam really interested in getting one.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Still haven't come across Snakeweed and co in Canada, the ooze throwing turtles are CLOGGING the pegs right now. i don't think anyone wants these poor guys! Ooze flingers are the Turtles Smashblade variant it seems!! If playmates was Mattel, this would be a sign that the line was over!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    Any Rat King sightings yet? Iam really interested in getting one.
    Newsbit over at Toynewsi says he (along with others) are due in July. Although release dates are sometimes spotty with toys. Still, I'm not checking for them actively for a little bit until we get closer to July.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Newsbit over at Toynewsi says he (along with others) are due in July. Although release dates are sometimes spotty with toys. Still, I'm not checking for them actively for a little bit until we get closer to July.
    Darn it. Was hoping to have one before Oz Comic Con Melbourne to perhaps get signed by Combs I guess I'll wait till he's on the shelves locally then. Packaging looks great and I lol'd at the green colour the hands and face are. Now where have I seen that particular green shade before ?
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

SDCC Night Shadow Leo is turning up and aussie Toys R Us for $30 (double usual retail of turtles $15)

The TMNT classics are getting ridiculously cheap in Oz now, TRU literally had a crate of them for $15 each.
    Wish be-bop and rocksteady would come out allready though.

Eh, I sold 'em off. Decent figures, but I can get more value elsewhere.

I just want to see a damn picture of these mousers already
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

So...maskless shredder is an SDCC exclusive...does that mean it will be non-articulated like Night Shadow Leo? I knew something looked different about him...(besides his face that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
    So...maskless shredder is an SDCC exclusive...does that mean it will be non-articulated like Night Shadow Leo? I knew something looked different about him...(besides his face that is).
    No he is a variant of the upcoming 2nd version Shredder, so he should be as articulated and his regular figure (at the arms, head but not at the knees)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    SDCC Night Shadow Leo is turning up and aussie Toys R Us for $30 (double usual retail of turtles $15)
    That is normal price, the SDCC figure was originally sold at $35-39, then after the Con for $29.99
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I don't understand why there are exclusives for the line at all, it's supposed to be for kids, not collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    No he is a variant of the upcoming 2nd version Shredder
    What's the difference?

it looks like the SDCC version will have chrome armor.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I don't understand why there are exclusives for the line at all, it's supposed to be for kids, not collectors.
    THat's a mistake Mattel makes all to often. Tunnel vision with your markets means you miss out on sales; Playmates knows there are older fans from the 90's, and, while the bulk of their profits may be from kids, there is money to be made of us old poops, as well. And doing something like this may just encourage some collectors who haven't tried the new line to give it another look, and apparently at minimal cost (it sounds like he's just a vac metalized version of an upcoming figure).

The lines that are going to do the best are the ones who successfully straddle the markets available to them, making things that will attract the major market of the kiddies while still offering something to interest collectors. Toy Biz was a master of that, offering figures that had action features and such for kids, but sculpting and articulation, as well as non-gimmick versions of characters, for collectors. Hasbro did that with good success with their Star Wars lines for some time (Revenge of the Sith toys followed that formula). To say "It's just for kids" encourages poor figure and laziness on toy manufacturers parts, and I think that's why we've seen a a lot of movie properties with figures sitting on the pegs for months on end in recent years.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    THat's a mistake Mattel makes all to often. Tunnel vision with your markets means you miss out on sales; Playmates knows there are older fans from the 90's, and, while the bulk of their profits may be from kids, there is money to be made of us old poops, as well. And doing something like this may just encourage some collectors who haven't tried the new line to give it another look, and apparently at minimal cost (it sounds like he's just a vac metalized version of an upcoming figure).

Not sure how to respond to that without this becoming something akin to a religious debate

I just don't think the odd exclusive based on the new cartoon is enough. The line hasn't been very "vintagie" at all. If they want to get more collectors on board, I think that needs to change. Something like this just tells me that they're small time thinkers. "Some of these comic-con guys are willing to pay $40 for an unarticulated figure! Let's go for it!!!"

Something like this just tells me that they're small time thinkers. "Some of these comic-con guys are willing to pay $40 for an unarticulated figure! Let's go for it!!!"
    Have you ever been to SDCC?? People pay far more for much less

Its not about what you perceive the value, its about the exclusivity. That is what drives the product, this was meant solely for scalpers and fans to buy up under the flurry of getting SDCC Exclusives. Worked last year with the Night Leo and it will work this year since its a cooler figure
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Have you ever been to SDCC??

No. I don't do conventions. I try to stay away from exclusives, too.

It just seems like their focus is in the wrong place. It's been, what, 10 months since anybody on this site reported seeing classics on a store shelf? Did they like lose the molds and have to reverse engineer them?
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; July 3, 2013 at 05:46pm.

When are Rocksteady and Bebop supposed to start hitting stores? I went to TRU today and didn't even see a classics display. Still don't have Leo and Raph. : /

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    When are Rocksteady and Bebop supposed to start hitting stores? I went to TRU today and didn't even see a classics display. Still don't have Leo and Raph. : /
    Late July/Early August.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    It just seems like their focus is in the wrong place. It's been, what, 10 months since anybody on this site reported seeing classics on a store shelf? Did they like lose the molds and have to reverse engineer them?
    Their forcus is definitely not on the Classics. Talking to them at Toy Fair, they admitted that they don't generally do lines where the collector is their focus. That's why they are moving along very slowly with Classics. Bebop and Rocksteady are probably the only other Classics we'll get this year. When they get released in August/September, they are re-releasing the 4 Turtles as well.

Their primary focus is on the "kids" Nick Turtles line. After all, that's definitely what's making them the money.

As for the SDCC Exclusive, I'll just drop this here...

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I wish they would have made an SDCC exclusive that was a "classic".

Late July/Early August.
    Thanks! I hate to keep being "that guy" who always asks the release date, but, oh well, what can you do?

Hey Pixel-Dan, what does the inner packaging look like? If he comes ina regular package like the rest of the line, I might try to hunt one down to hang on the wall with my others, but if it's just the fancy outer box, and a plastic clam shell in side, I'd probably pass, because I'm only selectively MOC'ing this line. I just planning on getting the figures of characters from the original series.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Their forcus is definitely not on the Classics. Talking to them at Toy Fair, they admitted that they don't generally do lines where the collector is their focus. That's why they are moving along very slowly with Classics. Bebop and Rocksteady are probably the only other Classics we'll get this year. When they get released in August/September, they are re-releasing the 4 Turtles as well.

Their primary focus is on the "kids" Nick Turtles line. After all, that's definitely what's making them the money.

As for the SDCC Exclusive, I'll just drop this here...

Great review Nice to see some better leg articulation and a cape on this figure. I sold the other one off, but I might get this guy. I so much wanted movie 1 Shredder's face under that mask. Rats!

I still have doubts about whether the Classic line will be available at all retailers. Seems more likely they'll be limited to one store again.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; July 11, 2013 at 10:36am.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Thanks! I hate to keep being "that guy" who always asks the release date, but, oh well, what can you do?

Hey Pixel-Dan, what does the inner packaging look like? If he comes ina regular package like the rest of the line, I might try to hunt one down to hang on the wall with my others, but if it's just the fancy outer box, and a plastic clam shell in side, I'd probably pass, because I'm only selectively MOC'ing this line. I just planning on getting the figures of characters from the original series.
    It's just a simple box with a black clamshell inside that he sits in.

- - - Updated - - -

Great review Nice to see some better leg articulation and a cape on this figure. I sold the other one off, but I might get this guy. I so much wanted movie 1 Shredder's face under that mask. Rats!

I still have doubts about whether the Classic line will be available at all retailers. Seems more likely they'll be limited to one store again.
    Thanks!

Yeah, I do hope they show up at more stores. It'd be great if they were a little more widely available.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

These guys are frequently restocked in Canada. I could try and grab them for you if you'd like.
    On Twitter @DualHares

I only ever saw 3 individual charactors on shelves. and I only bought Donatello. should have bought the others. I havnt seen any IRL in tons of months. I hope I can get the next 2!