Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1845

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

  1. #1276
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,218
    I could use a vintage Krang android body. Haven't had much luck with that one. I hope that is one of them. Could also use Chrome Dome and a few others.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

  2. #1277
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,116
    So with classics instead of giving us more characters they are already making redoes?
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  3. #1278
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,704
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    So with classics instead of giving us more characters they are already making redoes?
    The movie line is meant to stir up nostalgia for the original live action movie and hype older fans for the upcoming live movie
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  4. #1279
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The movie line is meant to stir up nostalgia for the original live action movie and hype older fans for the upcoming live movie

    Wait, are these reissues of the vintage movie starz wave or new figures based on the first movie? I'm hyped either way
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

  5. #1280
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Wait, are these reissues of the vintage movie starz wave or new figures based on the first movie? I'm hyped either way
    They are making all new figures based on the first movie as part of the current 6 inch classics line.

    There will also be reissues of some vintage figures, but not the movie star ones (at least those haven't been specifically mentioned... I would love it if the reissued them even though I still have my originals). It sounds like it's mostly the same figures from the beginning of the line that were reissued in 2009, including the Turtle Van, just with slightly different packaging. It does sound like there may be a Krang reissue, though. Though it's not specified it if will be the original bubble walker Krang or the much later release of him in his robot body in standard figure size. Back in 2009 Shredder just came with the tiny Krang from the robot body figure (but without the body).

    Here's Pixel Dan's video that covers the upcoming TMNT releases from all of the lines...

    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; July 20, 2013 at 12:52am.
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  6. #1281
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,218
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

  7. #1282
    Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,917
    Thanks for posting this video, Dynamo!

    I'm glad they announced those Movie Turtles for Classics. They hinted at that to me at Toy Fair. They also noted int he Q&A that we should see Splinter and Shredder in Classics within the next 12 months, so that's exciting!

    I'm torn on the reissues of the vintage figures. I love that they are doing that, but I can't decide if I want to buy them yet again. I bought them all when they came out for the 25th line, plus have all the vintage figures still. Do I need these guys a third time? #firstworldproblems
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

  8. #1283
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,218
    One thing that worries me about that movie figure that was shown is the lack of paint apps. The figure looks very clean. Needs a wash at minimum.
    I hope that these aren't being done on the cheap just to reuse the buck that was already used for 4 figures.
    I would be heartbroken if that's the case because I would love to have movie accurate turtles.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

  9. #1284
    Daemonite Scum! Jobber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    841
    I'm in for anything Classics, as far as the reissues I will pass. Can't wait to see that Splinter and Shredder.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

    ~ Me ~

    FeedBack:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

  10. #1285
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,403
    Shredder and Splinter in the updated "classics" would be awesome.

    I hope they're "original cartoon" style, but if they're "live-action movie" style, that would also be more than acceptable. Just as long as they're NOT based on the original action figures! I don't want a shirtless Shredder and giant rat wearing rags!

  11. #1286
    Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    One thing that worries me about that movie figure that was shown is the lack of paint apps. The figure looks very clean. Needs a wash at minimum.
    I hope that these aren't being done on the cheap just to reuse the buck that was already used for 4 figures.
    I would be heartbroken if that's the case because I would love to have movie accurate turtles.
    Theya ren't reusing the original bucks, thankfully. They said they are 100% new figures, detailed to look just like the Jim Henson suits. I'm actually pretty excited at that prospect, and hope they turn out good!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

  12. #1287
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Theya ren't reusing the original bucks, thankfully. They said they are 100% new figures, detailed to look just like the Jim Henson suits. I'm actually pretty excited at that prospect, and hope they turn out good!

    Well, that's a relief. It would be horrifying if they just threw a new head on the classics buck and called it a day

    It doesn't look like said figure has the weird articulated feet

    - - - Updated - - -

    I have seen close-ups of Leo. He looks fabulous -- or pardon me... bodacious!!

    I am excessively thrilled at this moment.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

  13. #1288
    Daemonite Scum! Jobber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    841
    Looks like they fixed the knuckles on this set of Turtles. Too bad they won't go back and do the 1st Series.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

    ~ Me ~

    FeedBack:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

  14. #1289
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,403
    Where is everyone seeing pictures of the new movie turtles?

    It's not fair to discuss them without providing links!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Link to pics at toynewsi.com:

    http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=20814

  15. #1290
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    8,237
    I think it is too early to do variants. I would have at least waited until Splinter and Shredder came out.

  16. #1291
    Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,917
    Oh, awesome to see Jay got pictures of the movie Leo over at TNI! BEfore that, the only images we had were fromt he panel at SDCC which you can see in my video above. That's where people were seeing him to discuss earlier.

    They told us in the panel he would be on display at SDCC, but neither myself nor Jay ever saw it. So there must have been a misunderstanding there. So, glad he finally got pics. The figure looks pretty great!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I think it is too early to do variants. I would have at least waited until Splinter and Shredder came out.
    Yeah, I don't really get Playmates mentality here. They are really scared of this line, it seems. And they think the Turtles are always the safe bet. Hopefully they don't kill teh lien by doing that.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

  17. #1292
    Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    8,439
    So do we know anything about what's coming up for the new line? The panel didn't look like there was much said...I know that Spider Bytes & Mouser pack is upcoming, and they had teased that Newtralizer figure aways back, but anything official? Or did I just miss it?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

  18. #1293
    Court Magician Donatello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Secret Sewer Lair
    Posts
    51
    First, on Rat King/Cockroach/Stealth Tech --
    I have been to some TRUs in the midwest this past week and 3 out of 4 had some Stealth Tech sitting around but no new villains. Are the stealths in the same case with the new villains, or no? One store had all 4 stealth turtles. I picked up all but Raph because he had unacceptable paint slop, but when I found him again his card was just awful so I again passed him up for now. They've all had cards in relatively terrible shape, even worse than the ooze turtles tended to. I really wonder what's up with that.

    Then, on Classics (the big ones) --
    I saw the re-releases in TRU everywhere and I really wanted to buy a set but I have a "Series 2" case on order from BBTS and keep hoping it will include the 4 original turtles and Bebop/Rocksteady. I am gonna be so mad if by the time that comes in we discover there are no turtles and I missed my opportunity to pick them up in store.

    Finally, on Classics Retro (the vintage ones) --
    I, too, bought all of the 25th line. Even grabbed Slash, Foot Soldier, and Shredder/Krang, which I had to pay somewhat scalpy prices for. I don't remember too well anymore what their cards looked like but I think they looked a little closer to the original cards than these new ones. I don't think I'll re-buy any of those, but if they start coming out with additional vintage characters then I'll get those. Maybe I'll get the Shredder without the little pack-in Krang though that the 25th had.

  19. #1294
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Yeah, I don't really get Playmates mentality here. They are really scared of this line, it seems. And they think the Turtles are always the safe bet. Hopefully they don't kill teh lien by doing that.
    Nobody understands, when as a retailer I talk to them they are thrilled with sales and they sell so many it sells out on their end (meaning they physically have no more to send out unless another production run is done), but yet you inquire about future characters and its like a flip of a coin and you get "we have to see how sales do before making any further decisions". Its the most contradictory thing I have ever seen, how can you sell out at the distribution level but then not have enough sales data to keep the line going

    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
    First, on Rat King/Cockroach/Stealth Tech --
    I have been to some TRUs in the midwest this past week and 3 out of 4 had some Stealth Tech sitting around but no new villains. Are the stealths in the same case with the new villains, or no? One store had all 4 stealth turtles. I picked up all but Raph because he had unacceptable paint slop, but when I found him again his card was just awful so I again passed him up for now. They've all had cards in relatively terrible shape, even worse than the ooze turtles tended to. I really wonder what's up with that.
    Yes the Stealth Turtles and the new villains are in the same case, your stores are just selling out them before you get there (or more likely the employees are taking them to flip online)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  20. #1295
    Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,917
    I haven't seen the new villains or the Stealth figures in my area as of yet.

    I did see the four Classics Turtles reissued and in stock at my Toys R Us.

    I went ahead and just snagged a pre-order for Classics Bebop and Rocksteady from BBTS. They have the release date set as October. If I somehow come across them before then, I'll just cancel my pre-order.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

  21. #1296
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Nobody understands, when as a retailer I talk to them they are thrilled with sales and they sell so many it sells out on their end (meaning they physically have no more to send out unless another production run is done), but yet you inquire about future characters and its like a flip of a coin and you get "we have to see how sales do before making any further decisions". Its the most contradictory thing I have ever seen, how can you sell out at the distribution level but then not have enough sales data to keep the line going

    It's pretty simple. They're programmed to maximize profits and you can do that with parts reuse, so you never venture far from the fab four. It's an asset to the franchise to have 4 heroes. But it's detrimental that there's not much opportunity for mold reuse when you get into other characters. You're not gonna have much luck using Splinter's arms or legs on a Casey Jones figure
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

  22. #1297
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    It's pretty simple. They're programmed to maximize profits and you can do that with parts reuse, so you never venture far from the fab four. It's an asset to the franchise to have 4 heroes. But it's detrimental that there's not much opportunity for mold reuse when you get into other characters. You're not gonna have much luck using Splinter's arms or legs on a Casey Jones figure
    Well yeah that much is common sense, but in the Classics case we are not even talking about parts re-use. They keep reissuing the same figures

    At this point the profits have been maximized to a huge extent, and to the point where you are not going to bring in a ton of new business.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  23. #1298
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Well yeah that much is common sense, but in the Classics case we are not even talking about parts re-use. They keep reissuing the same figures

    Honestly, if they aren't going to be in proper scale, I don't know if that's big of a deal anyway

    But the line is what it is. They calculate higher profits BY FAR for the turtles than they would make for unique characters. Eventually, miscalculating--they stop
    selling. Line ends


    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    At this point the profits have been maximized to a huge extent, and to the point where you are not going to bring in a ton of new business.
    Unfortunately, they probably don't ever budget according to past revenues. That's my problem with convention exclusives. They probably make a tidy profit off those, but it never gets applied to the line. "SDCC Leo make us $50,000 profit; now we have some money to give Dogpound more paint" They just don't look at it that way.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

  24. #1299
    Court Magician Donatello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Secret Sewer Lair
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I went ahead and just snagged a pre-order for Classics Bebop and Rocksteady from BBTS. They have the release date set as October. If I somehow come across them before then, I'll just cancel my pre-order.
    Hmm. After you said this I went and looked up the case I have ordered and they are now showing contents/quantities (and a pic even). For some reason:

    2x Leo
    2x Raph
    1x Don
    1x Mike
    3x Bebop
    3x Rocksteady

    I was hoping for 2x of everything so I'd have either an opener set for myself, or a complete set to re-sell (and have my pick of least sloppy paint from each set either way for my in-package set). But it's good that it has the turtles. Apparently Leo & Raph are the hot sellers???

  25. #1300
    Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,477
    So weird that we haven't seen updated Rocksteady and Bebop. Those figures at NYTF were pretty prototypey. One would think that something close to the factory versions would exist by this point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •