Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1839

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Shredder and Splinter in the updated "classics" would be awesome.

I hope they're "original cartoon" style, but if they're "live-action movie" style, that would also be more than acceptable. Just as long as they're NOT based on the original action figures! I don't want a shirtless Shredder and giant rat wearing rags!
    Has there EVER been a good shredder?? I absolutely HATED the original one with that goofy looking pose. VERY hard to play with...

Super Shredder was CLOSE...

But when the new nick tmnt came out, I grabbed up all 4 turtles and shredder FINALLY hoping he was a good one... but he had less articulation the turtles O.O Not much going on with legs at all.... I was VERY disappointed...

Hopefully this NEW one will FINALLY give me a good shredder... Like you said, movie or cartoon... either are awesome, but, CMON!!! give me SOMETHING...

Gotta be some varients out there I missed over the years... anyone got a favorite?

Leo is the leader and Raph is the alpha male that appeals to boys
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Just swung by my TRU and found all four Stealth Tech Turtles. They had about two of each of them. They also had a couple of Baxter Stockmans, a Snake Weed, a Leather Head, an April, a few Kraang and Foot Soldiers, a couple Dog Pounds and regular Shredders, and plenty of the regular Turtles. All stuff I haven't seen a whole lot of in a while, so that was nice to come upon.

No sign of Rat King or Cockroach Terminator, though. Someone obviously beat me to those.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Yeah, I don't really get Playmates mentality here. They are really scared of this line, it seems. And they think the Turtles are always the safe bet. Hopefully they don't kill teh lien by doing that.
    THe regular versions of the turtles seem to clear out pretty well; the second versions hung around for quite a bit, even at only one per case, so I hope Playmates doesn't get a case of Mattel's Crisis on Infinite Bat Variants. You have to have something besides the main four, or you wind up selling four figures to each kid and that's that.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

My Target has those 10 inch turtles in. I haven't seen those for a while. I believe they are $19.99, but I am not certain.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Stealth Tech Turtles Review!

I think that thing is a scope, Dan.

I mean it's a telescope...with a tri-eyed binocular attached to the end of it, anyway. Seems kinda superfluous, but then, much of the turtles accessories back in the day were crazy items built from things found in the sewer.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I think that thing is a scope, Dan.

I mean it's a telescope...with a tri-eyed binocular attached to the end of it, anyway. Seems kinda superfluous, but then, much of the turtles accessories back in the day were crazy items built from things found in the sewer.
    Ah ha!!! Thank you! The other turtles have their accessories listed on the box. For some reason, this one is not listed.

Ah ha!!! Thank you! The other turtles have their accessories listed on the box. For some reason, this one is not listed.
    Ah, I don't have the others! Thought perhaps none of them had every accessory listed. Honestly though, since he already had goggles that could have a zoom feature, I would have liked some sort of controller for the little drone (or like a laptop that attached to the front of his harness for the same purpose).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    One question: you mention that all the bodies are new sculpts (and it does look like a different body for each turtle). Did they keep the same different proportions that we saw in the original set (Raph is stockier, Don is taller and more pear shaped, etc.)?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    One question: you mention that all the bodies are new sculpts (and it does look like a different body for each turtle). Did they keep the same different proportions that we saw in the original set (Raph is stockier, Don is taller and more pear shaped, etc.)?
    Yep! Their scales all vary. I included that side by side image, but failed to specifically mention that. Donnie is stillt he tallest, Mikey the shortest, etc.

Stealth Tech Turtles Review!

I'm not gonna drop forty bucks, but it would be cool to have them just to paint their weapons

(Not sure how well that would go since painting over black is always problematic....)

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't look good for me getting an android Krang reissue. TRU is charging $14.99 for the reissues. And there's a question of whether they're an exclusive or not.

I don't see them selling well at that price. You can do better on the secondary market on loose originals. If he's not part of the first wave, it's doubtful we'll see him.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I just saw two full rows of Classics on the pegs at TRU, so they're slowly being put back into circulation I guess. Doesn't look like they fixed the goobly eye problems, though

I finally opened my Donatello. LOL

I can now do my group shot.

These are some wonderful figures. If they repackage them in attractive packaging, I'd be in for another set.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Doesn't look good for me getting an android Krang reissue. TRU is charging $14.99 for the reissues. And there's a question of whether they're an exclusive or not.
    ...What are you talking about, "android Krang reissue"? Are you just talking about the basic Kraang figure from the very first wave of Nick TMNT 2012 figures last year? If so...TRU's website is showing that one at $8.99...maybe you can make them price match it?

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
    ...What are you talking about, "android Krang reissue"? Are you just talking about the basic Kraang figure from the very first wave of Nick TMNT 2012 figures last year? If so...TRU's website is showing that one at $8.99...maybe you can make them price match it?

I'm talking about the reissues of the vintage figures. The android Krang was a large robot body with a little brain who fits in a compartment in his abdomen. I never got that figure back in the day because I couldn't ever find it. Finally, I stopped collecting them. Maybe someone can tell me if that Krang was articulated at all?

Anyway, someone fairly reliable posted a picture of the vintage reissues hanging on a TRU peg priced at $14.99. I'm hoping that Krang is reissued, the vintage figure is impossible to get.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I'm talking about the reissues of the vintage figures. The android Krang was a large robot body with a little brain who fits in a compartment in his abdomen. I never got that figure back in the day because I couldn't ever find it. Finally, I stopped collecting them. Maybe someone can tell me if that Krang was articulated at all?

Anyway, someone fairly reliable posted a picture of the vintage reissues hanging on a TRU peg priced at $14.99. I'm hoping that Krang is reissued, the vintage figure is impossible to get.
    You're talking about the figure that was released late in the line, with the Android Body being only the size of a regular figure, with the teeny Krang inside? Or are you speaking of the larger Android Body, that was designed to hold the Krang which came out in Wave 2 (in the chair?) I don't think the teeny Krang was articulated, but I could be wrong.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Yeah, the smaller one. Not sure why they would make that one so hard to find and then put out an 11 inch version of him

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Actually, I think it was the other way around - the large body was made earlier on, I think, to go with the Chair-Krang, and then the smaller one came out much later in the line - I think around when the 'toon Turtles were coming out.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I think this is a bad idea. They're holding off on the Classics Bebop and Rocksteady that have already been shown so that they can release the vintage figures (again!), and these new movie turtles.

This is what will happen ... People won't want to buy another set of 4 turtles in Classics, Playmates will see it as a failure, and then no more Classics will be released as the line is seen to not be doing well, which means no Bebop, rocksteady or any other figures like Splinter, Shredder, April, Casey etc, etc.

I've ALREADY seen the Varients being major peg warmers. Before those hit, the line was FLYING off the shelves. Now things are hardly moving. Playmates relying on their old cheap tricks will kill this line again. Sigh.
    If they where smart, wave two variants would have TOON ACCURATE (NOT STYLIZED) versions of Shredder, April (and mouser) and Krang. If you REALLY want to make me smile, give us an RC Toon Accurate Transport Module and Technodrome too scale with the figures ;o).. but I think that's too much to ask

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    Bebop and Rocksteady are essentially "Wave 2", which is this Fall.
    Attachment 86160
    Movie Turtles are "Wave 3" which is Spring 2014.
    Attachment 86161
    As much as I dig the idea of those Movie Turtles, I really wish we were getting more variety/interesting figures for that Classics collection. I'm also EXTREMELY bummed that we haven't seen updated, production versions of Bebop and Rocksteady. Playmates doesn't seem too terribly interested in hyping the Classics line to the fans.
    How can they get the turtles so right, and give us those ugly versions of Bebop and Rocksteady? sigh.. Playmates..another company whose decisions of logic I will never understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The movie line is meant to stir up nostalgia for the original live action movie and hype older fans for the upcoming live movie
    plus, they seem to think that all people REALLY want are Turtles figures..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Actually, I think it was the other way around - the large body was made earlier on, I think, to go with the Chair-Krang, and then the smaller one came out much later in the line - I think around when the 'toon Turtles were coming out.

That makes sense and helps to explain why the bigger one seems more plentiful. I've always considered that big Krang to be one of the biggest oddities in the line.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Someone posted early copies of Bebop and Rocksteady that they scored from China over on the Technodrome Forums. No ankle articulation. MAJOR sad face.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    Someone posted early copies of Bebop and Rocksteady that they scored from China over on the Technodrome Forums. No ankle articulation. MAJOR sad face.
    Aw man.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I think I'm gonna take the leap and opt outta this line early. We already got some cool sculpts for the Classic turtles, and the new 4" designs weren't bad (though the promo pictures put my expectations way too high to really be wowed by the final release).

But with Bebop and Rocksteady already looking like duds, being the same size and/or smaller than the Turtles themselves, having no ankle articulation, and added to that we're getting another set of Turtles released in (lame) movie form, I think it's best to not be heart broken when the line fails.

Sucks, but after Thundercats I just can't take the lame releases, the patience in waiting for announcements, or a supporting company who won't listen to fans about what they want anymore *coughMotUCcough*

Heroic Warrior
    ^^^^

Fair points about Bebop and Rocksteady. The final production figures are a disappointment and a serious failure by Playmates given that they assured fans that Bebop and Rocksteady would have the same articulation as the turtles, except for the fingers and toes.

BUT, the proto-type movie Leonardo looks good. And although its ultimately a subjective opinion, they do seem to be fan-demanded variants. They also still fall within the "classic" banner since they're from a movie that was released many years ago and based on action figures released within the classic TMNT line. IF they'd shoved up-scaled versions of the Nick turtles into the "classics" range, then I could understand the disappointment. BUT, if Playmates had to do variants of the turtles (and this is Playmates, so we know they're ALL about variants of the turtles), then the movie versions seem to be the best possible choice.