Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1842

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

  1. #1351
    Court Magician Donatello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Secret Sewer Lair
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    There is a second series coming out soon with new colors. The green ooze will still be there, but we're also getting orange, blue, red, and purple ooze. I think the turtles inside will be the same, but maybe recolored. I assume the first series of Ooze is just sold out now, and this new series will be coming out soon to fill that void.
    Sweet... but... is non-teal-ish ooze canon? I may be a few episodes behind. I guess I shouldn't have bought all 8 of those cans of the first wave just to get doubles of the minis (actually...9 cans...wanted another Don). :/ Maybe they will have the same UPC and I can do a switcheroo. If they don't align the minis to the ooze colors that will be dumb and annoying.

  2. #1352
    Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    There is a second series coming out soon with new colors. The green ooze will still be there, but we're also getting orange, blue, red, and purple ooze. I think the turtles inside will be the same, but maybe recolored. I assume the first series of Ooze is just sold out now, and this new series will be coming out soon to fill that void.
    This news is on par with the return of Yummy Mummy Cereal..... you have done well sir. You have done well! The more slime, the happier the world is!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

  3. #1353
    Heroic Warrior tycondrius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    305
    I've been over to bbts several times and see the pre orders for the bebop and rocksteady wave its so disappointing that they say US only anyone know why that is? and if there another site out there aside from ebay that have them for pre-order. btw there was a shot of the movie version leo floating around the net I really really like it. its like a movie masters figure. I'm just wondering since they said splinter and shredder would be coming will they be toon version or movie versions ?

  4. #1354
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,218
    I think Playmates has agreements with distributors in certain parts of the world. You have to go through them to get the figure. I believe there is a list on Playmates site.

    I think a movie version of Shredder would be phenomenal. But I'm not optimistic about getting that.

  5. #1355
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,398
    Re: Upcoming Classics

    Shredder and Splinter are simply "hints" at this stage. I believe the impression Playmates gave is that they would be based on the classic cartoon as opposed to the first live-action movie.

    At the moment, the movie turtles are the only "movie" action figures which have been confirmed by Playmates. As they're releasing Bebop and Rocksteady (as opposed to Tokka and Rahzar), it appears that they're planning on further expanding the cartoon based classics, but with Playmates it's really an unknown (other than to expect even more turtle variants if the line continues).

  6. #1356
    Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
    Sweet... but... is non-teal-ish ooze canon? I may be a few episodes behind. I guess I shouldn't have bought all 8 of those cans of the first wave just to get doubles of the minis (actually...9 cans...wanted another Don). :/ Maybe they will have the same UPC and I can do a switcheroo. If they don't align the minis to the ooze colors that will be dumb and annoying.
    Nah, not canon. There is only the green Ooze in the toon. It's just sopmething fun Playmates is doing. Slime sells!

    I posted a video of their panel from SDCC in this thread. They showed the colored slime at the panel if you want to check it out.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

  7. #1357
    Heroic Warrior ninja man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    477
    I hate their slime. its so terrible. its very soapy. sticks to stuff (in a bad way). leaves residue...


    oh and doesn't work they way its supposed to. doesn't "flow" on any of the ooze playable parts of the toys.

  8. #1358
    Angast's #1 fan Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    3,896
    Went to Walmart today and I can't believe they had the Rat King, Cockroach, and the turtle toddlers! I grabbed all of them along with Leatherhead and Snakeweed who have eluded me so far.



    When I set the new figures up on my display I noticed that my Kraang Brains had started to deteriorate already. The "legs" are breaking off and there are cracks in the "heads." Anybody else having the same problems????

  9. #1359
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,218
    My Kraang is fine. Passing on RK and cockroach....

  10. #1360
    Grammer Flunky Shredder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    wyckoff, nj
    Posts
    4,197
    does anyone at Playmates not see a correlation?

    First wave, shelves where bare. Variants hit? Peg warmer after peg warmer after peg warmer. Playmates deserves the criticism it gets. You'd think they'd have learned by now
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

    Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

  11. #1361
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,133
    Man, where are you guys seeing pegwarmers? I have about three Wal-Mart's, 2 K-Mart's, a Target, and a Toys R Us that I frequent and I rarely see anything but either full shelves or empty shelves. I here people complain about the ooze turtles but couldn't find any after a month or two so I had to order mine from Amazon. Heck, I often see the larger flinging Turtles gone as well. It seems like everything in this line sells.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

    "We have a Ram-Man"

  12. #1362
    Court Magician Donatello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Secret Sewer Lair
    Posts
    50
    Turtles in training are out??? Dangit. Now I'm in a panic again!

    My Kraang has been open since the first wave hit stores last year and is fine. Keep out of direct sunlight or heat?

    Ooze figures definitely warm pegs and prevent new inventory around here. Something else weird, right now my Walmart is stuck with 8 or so plain Raphs and almost nothing else, no other turtles either. No idea how that happened.

    What I hate is this latest huge case packing that had just about every character released so far and ONE Rat King. Tons of figures everyone has had over a year to buy, and ONE Rat King. That giant case will then sit on the shelf for months.

    Someone should tell Playmates to either make Space Heroes action figures, or make tiny ones as an accessory for Leo or something. Or at least that "Gold Key" Space Heroes comic Mikey wiped his butt with. Or maybe that pinball machine or at least a TV with a lenticular in it for the lair.

    And a pet Spike for Raph.

    How long before we see Bat-Turtles like from the season ender (just caught up) or a giant Kraang Prime?

  13. #1363
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    18,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Man, where are you guys seeing pegwarmers? I have about three Wal-Mart's, 2 K-Mart's, a Target, and a Toys R Us that I frequent and I rarely see anything but either full shelves or empty shelves. I here people complain about the ooze turtles but couldn't find any after a month or two so I had to order mine from Amazon. Heck, I often see the larger flinging Turtles gone as well. It seems like everything in this line sells.
    Toronto, the variants are easy to find, warming the coldest of pegs.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  14. #1364
    Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,917
    Around here, everythign seems to be selling pretty well, including the variants. But lately the stores have looked nicely stocked after receiving the recent shipments. Both Toys R Us and Target have ana amzing looking space full of all characters except Cockroach Terminator and Rat King. Those are teh first to go. But I've been seeing Turtles, Splinter, April, Shredder, Kraang, Foot, Dogpound, Snakeweed, Baxter, and Leatherhead a plenty. I love seeing that!

    As for case ratios and variants, I'm willing to bet that is more the fault of retailers than it is Playmates. I wouldn't be at all suprised if the retailers are saying "More Turtles, less of everythign else." Retail is notorious for stuff liek that, and they have a very large effect on stuff like this.

    Now I'm not saying Playmates isn't at all to blame, but we should definitely remember that the retailers pretty much have full control over what is sold in their stores.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

  15. #1365
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,703
    Yeah retailers like the "core" characters because they believe in the impulse effect. Kids will buy 1 of the "core" turtles over villains and then if they buy 1 thing they will buy more other things (well if I am going to stand in this line for my kids I should get some groceries, medicine, etc).

    Only problem with that line of thinking is if the line takes a hit or kids become lukewarm then you have the Spin Blade He-Man fiasco

    I think its interesting with TMNT though, the latest set of variants seem much more popular than the previous set. I am guessing because spy gear looks cooler (like TMNT meets Splinter Cell)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  16. #1366
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think its interesting with TMNT though, the latest set of variants seem much more popular than the previous set. I am guessing because spy gear looks cooler (like TMNT meets Splinter Cell)

    They have weapons and decent articulation. I actually find those more compelling than the crappy ass villains but can't see myself picking them up.

  17. #1367
    Court Magician Donatello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Secret Sewer Lair
    Posts
    50
    Yeah, the ooze turtles are pretty dopey looking compared to the stealth.

    I found 2 hover drone things and 2 of the new bike (mmx?) at a Walmart tonight. Bought both hovers and left the bikes. Boxes were all banged up and I'm tired of uninspired motorcycles. Maybe some other day.

    This is a different store and it also had 12 basic Raphs, a couple Mikeys, a Kraang, a Shredder, and that was it. TWELVE Raphs. I'm starting to think he isn't that popular. In all honesty I can imagine why, in the new show he has had almost 0 development. Don seems to get the most, then Mikey, Leo, and last Raph.

    Maybe retailers are right to ask for more turtles, I don't know. I just know that it sucks for those of us trying to collect everything to have some other jerk get the one new figure first and you get to stare at the rest for weeks and weeks until more inventory is needed. When you live in a sparsely populated area like me, they don't move so fast. I only find things as much as I do because I have traveled out of town a lot this summer and take every chance to go hunting. New turtle variants, I am fine with...it beats seeing 12 basic Raphs for months at the same store.

    But I have heard a lot of kids excited about turtles. Moms saying "we can look at the turtles stuff now" and kids searching aisles for it. That is always great to see and hear, I think this line has a long life ahead of it.
    Last edited by Donatello; August 26, 2013 at 11:00pm.

  18. #1368
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
    Yeah, the ooze turtles are pretty dopey looking compared to the stealth.

    I found 2 hover drone things and 2 of the new bike (mmx?) at a Walmart tonight. Bought both hovers and left the bikes. Boxes were all banged up and I'm tired of uninspired motorcycles. Maybe some other day.

    This is a different store and it also had 12 basic Raphs, a couple Mikeys, a Kraang, a Shredder, and that was it. TWELVE Raphs. I'm starting to think he isn't that popular. In all honesty I can imagine why, in the new show he has had almost 0 development. Don seems to get the most, then Mikey, Leo, and last Raph.

    Maybe retailers are right to ask for more turtles, I don't know. I just know that it sucks for those of us trying to collect everything to have some other jerk get the one new figure first and you get to stare at the rest for weeks and weeks until more inventory is needed. When you live in a sparsely populated area like me, they don't move so fast. I only find things as much as I do because I have traveled out of town a lot this summer and take every chance to go hunting. New turtle variants, I am fine with...it beats seeing 12 basic Raphs for months at the same store.

    But I have heard a lot of kids excited about turtles. Moms saying "we can look at the turtles stuff now" and kids searching aisles for it. That is always great to see and hear, I think this line has a long life ahead of it.

    I'm wondering if Raph is molded in dark green plastic -- which I hate -- and the others have to be painted?

    What you see at the store is often influenced by what is cheapest to produce. Raph will be cheaper to produce if he needs less paint.
    That's why I have been staring at the crappy FOC minions for endless months without ever finding Blaster.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It also explains the character selection of the Rat King and the Stealth Tech turtles who appear to be black plastic with some paint.
    The new Shredder will obvously be mostly black.

    I would have liked to have seen this line become more colorful (eg., vintage wyrm or scumbug), but I guess that isn't going to happen.

  19. #1369
    Court Magician Donatello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Secret Sewer Lair
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    What you see at the store is often influenced by what is cheapest to produce. Raph will be cheaper to produce if he needs less paint.
    I'm not sure I follow this logic. Can you explain how one (being cheap to produce) would lead to the other (not selling as many)? Especially for a figure aimed at kids and where anyone buying the other 3 turtles should theoretically eventually want this one too?

    (Also while I have not yet opened my basic turtles, I don't recall it looking like the skin color was painted on any of them...normally that would be pretty obvious to see and even easier to feel...I thought you had opened a set, didn't you post a pic in here?)

  20. #1370
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,218
    I don't really understand the logic either (if this is what actually happens). Toy companies are strange and unique animals.

    I don't think the other three are painted. Paint may be mixed into the plastic to lighten them up. It does seem to me that the darker the figure, the cheaper it is to produce. That's why most movie lines are full of figures in black.

    Well, that's my theory anyway. I don't work in toy production to verify.

  21. #1371
    Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Shepparton, Australia
    Posts
    2,947
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Toronto, the variants are easy to find, warming the coldest of pegs.
    Does this include Rat King? I want one.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

    DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

  22. #1372
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,218
    My TRU is completely loaded with Classics. I think they have stopped selling and fear the movie line is in peril
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

  23. #1373
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,495
    I was at TRU tonight. Saw a good variety of the new toon stuff. I saw that Cockroach guy amongst others. I'm not really collecting that line religiously though.

    They also had the vintage reissues out. I grabbed a Shredder since I never did find one back when he was reissued in 2009. I'm not rebuying anything that I got 4 years ago as far as these vintage reissues go.

    What really shocked me was the price of the reissued vintage Turtle Van (Party Wagon)! They want $60 for that thing!
    I got one during the 2009 reissue and I'm pretty sure that they only charged $20 or $30 for it. I know production costs keep going up, but they managed to keep the vintage figure reissues roughly the same price as they were a few years ago. I wonder why this is so pricey!
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; September 4, 2013 at 08:02pm.
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  24. #1374
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I was at TRU tonight. Saw a good variety of the new toon stuff. I saw that Cockroach guy amongst others. I'm not really collecting that line religiously though.

    They also had the vintage reissues out. I grabbed a Shredder since I never did find one back when he was reissued in 2009. I'm not rebuying anything that I got 4 years ago as far as these vintage reissues go.

    What really shocked me was the price of the reissued vintage Turtle Van (Party Wagon)! They want $60 for that thing!
    I got one during the 2009 reissue and I'm pretty sure that they only charged $20 or $30 for it. I know production costs keep going up, but they managed to keep the vintage figure reissues roughly the same price as they were a few years ago. I wonder why this is so pricey!

    The strategy appears to be: mark 'em up, way up; cause some folks are able and willing to pay the markup and don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to get one at the normal rate. Once they are sure that there isn't a human being left on Earth who is willing to pay the $60 price, it will drop, probably down to around $40.

    My TRU also had some type of mech suit and some Pac-man figures in 3-packs.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

  25. #1375
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,703
    Meh, its Toys R Us. They mark everything up and then give you coupons to bring it down to "normal" price or do B1G1 Free or B1G1 50% off.

    If they get even a few people to bite at the high price they made more then enough money so the rest is just gravy
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •