Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1811

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Yeah, the MOUSERS are freaking cool! Love these little guys! I need to find some more!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Found the Turtles in Training and Mousers today! They are great little figures.Attachment 88674
    Found those today as well! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. I think I need another pack of Mousers. Man I have been waiting so long for a nice and easy way to get classic Mousers that look right with the turtles! I loved 'em in the video games and always wanted some tiny ones.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Found those today as well! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. I think I need another pack of Mousers. Man I have been waiting so long for a nice and easy way to get classic Mousers that look right with the turtles! I loved 'em in the video games and always wanted some tiny ones.

I wonder if they are one per case? Only Playmates would shortpack an army builder.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I wonder if they are one per case? Only Playmates would shortpack an army builder.
    Yeah, we'll have to wait and see. They don't seem to really account for collectors for the most part, and just stick to old fashioned styles of toy sales. It's possible they're just handling this like the other badguys. We'll just see if there are an abundance of them after the "new toy" rush wears off.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Those mousers are EXACTLY like the NECA ones. Does anyone have both and can compare cause I bet they are the same mold.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Those mousers are EXACTLY like the NECA ones. Does anyone have both and can compare cause I bet they are the same mold.
    Oh no, not at all! These are smaller, for one, and they look like the NECA ones because they're both based on the same comic source material. These are purely cartoon models, and the insides of the mouths even have the lined insides from the current show.

From the Fwoosh review.

I went to 5 different stores looking for the mousers with no luck. Lots of pegwarming going on with the old stuff around me
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Shokotti, Castle Grayskull, Yellow Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, horde trooper(s), sky high, Faker, Kevin kosse heads

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Oh no, not at all! These are smaller, for one, and they look like the NECA ones because they're both based on the same comic source material. These are purely cartoon models, and the insides of the mouths even have the lined insides from the current show.

http://i1.wp.com/thefwoosh.com/wp-co...9/mousers8.jpg

From the Fwoosh review.
    Wow, when I first saw them I thought they were the same. That'll learn me for not having my Neca mousers next to me when I was looking at the pictures. Yeah, they are totally different but based on the original comic.

They are not bad but I still prefer the Neca ones.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

The Kmart near my college has a lot of non-turtles, including Rat King. But no mousers. Grrr.

This seems like one instance where it's worth buying the figure on-line and paying the shipping.
    Who the heck feels like searching high and low for one $8 figure?

I gotta ask..even though TMNT collectors will be a little biased I'm sure I am collecting the Classics Turtles, but haven't dove into the smaller Nik Turtles. Are they all that great. They just seem so darn small. I keep thinking about getting the 4 turtles, splinter, shredder and Krang, but I dunno. What are your guys opinions on them?
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Shokotti, Castle Grayskull, Yellow Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, horde trooper(s), sky high, Faker, Kevin kosse heads

PErsonally, I love them. And the line is growing to include quite a variety of figures, though the newer stuff is always a bit hard to find at first. I guess the primary thing to keep in mind is that these are definitely made with kids in mind, not collectors. So if you're more of a collector-toy oriented...uh...collector, then this line may not be for you. However, the four basic turtles are still pretty amazing even by collector standards. So maybe start with those to see if you like them well enough to try picking up some of the other, less articulated characters.

That being said, more reviews are here!

Ninjas in Training:

Hover Drone:

Quote Originally Posted by JSteele View Post
    I gotta ask..even though TMNT collectors will be a little biased I'm sure I am collecting the Classics Turtles, but haven't dove into the smaller Nik Turtles. Are they all that great. They just seem so darn small. I keep thinking about getting the 4 turtles, splinter, shredder and Krang, but I dunno. What are your guys opinions on them?
    To add to what Dan said: It depends on what you're looking for! Sounds like you don't watch the toon, so the standard four turtles are perfect for you! They're seriously the best TMNT figures of the four that I've ever had. I've always been a little off on how they articulate them, but the new ones are GREAT. Just enough for what you need to get dynamic poses and no more. A friend of mine - who isn't much of a toy collector - actually went out of his way to get the four turtles 'cause they're just great general representations of them without being too specific to the current toon. The four turtles I HIGHLY suggest in terms of cool TMNT figures AND just cool toys in general.

As for the others: Splinter doesn't move much, The Krangg figure is hard to stand (though I still love 'em, but that really varies from person to person) and I'd seriously wait for the second version of Shredder that Dan reviewed on the last page. MUCH cooler looking than the first version.

i can't find the raph mike turtles in training. i saw the mousers the other day and let them go. guess i should have gotten them. doah!
    Last edited by stprime; September 27, 2013 at 10:38am. Reason: can't abbreviate Turtles In Training?
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

The hover drone is pretty cool! I have an extra Krang figure that would go perfectly on top of that. Is it widely available yet?

Yeah, I found mine at Wal-Mart. They seem to be pretty easy to find around here.

are the heads on the battle shell version the exact same as the first release?
    FEEDBACK

Nope, they are entirely new, more cartoon-accurate sculpts. Everything about the BAttle Shell figures except the weapons are brand new.

I haven't been a big fan of the Nickelodeon line, but I'm not into the cartoon. If you're into the cartoon, they may be something you want to collect. If not, just go for maybe the 4 turtles, Kraang, Mousers, and the Foot Soldier. Those are the only ones I have had any serious interest in. Maybe grab one of the playsets to display them around. The pizza box is pretty cool.

ohhhh. i haven't watched the video yet, gonna do that at lunch. i hope the heads are swappable.
    Last edited by stprime; September 27, 2013 at 12:33pm.
    FEEDBACK

Thank you all for the great responses. I think I'll try out the 4 turtles, and go from there! I want MOUSER's too, but can't find 'em yet. So I'll keep trying! Thanks again everyone!

Thank you all for the great responses. I think I'll try out the 4 turtles, and go from there!
    I think you'll really enjoy them!

Another fun tidbit that I learned at Power-Con: the four basic Turtles in this new line were sculpted by the same two gentlemen who sculpted the four basic Turtles figures in 1988. That is pretty awesome, imo.

I didn't find the Hover Drone, but I did buy the Dragon Chopper. I LOVE it! Not only does it look cool as all get-out, but it's action feature is insanely fun. I hadn't looked to see if P-D did a review of this, but just saw he did. Off to watch it now.

1379385_10102948566216480_1768350066_n.jpg

I picked up the Mousers and Baby TMNT this morning at Walmart, they just opened a case and it was a great assortment. Glad Playmates is doing these adjustments every 1/2 wave to vary up who comes out and who is on the pegs.

I should have taken a full picture since it had Rat King, Mousers, Cockroach, Dog Pound, Leatherhead, Baby TMNT, Fish Face, April, Shredder, and the 4 TMNT all on the pegs
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Well, I ended up getting all 4 turtles to start my collection, and today, was lucky enough to find 2 packs of MOUSERS and also the turtles in training Raph and Mikey. Wanted to get a few Foot Clan, but gotta save some cash for the Mantenna/horde trooper release TRU must have just put them out sunday night. Still want to snag the new shredder, but no luck on that yet.

I'm glad you all talked me into looking at this line. Once I got them opened, I really changed my mind on them. They are very cool!

havent seen any of these in Canada
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure