Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I would lay more blame on Playmates if this was not NECA's usual MO or do we need to go over their history and more specifically the Faker and Kobra Kahn stactions that never made it out.

NECA stinks business wise as a toy company, they make excellent product but line after line has issues and talking to anyone who works with them/for them reveals the horror stories of their mismanagement

Also Playmates probably could care less about the failures of their movie lines, those are highly subsidized by the studios/licensees so the money is already in the bank when those abortions of toys go to retail

Its just a shame because we as the consumer seem to always lose out on awesome toys (Palisades Muppets, NECA Stactions, NECA Turtles, etc)
    Aw, man. That Muppets line in the early to mid 2000's was epic. Some of the best scuplts ever made. They did almost everybody. That line was a Muppet lovers dream.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

HD figures on youtube
    Aw, man. That Muppets line in the early to mid 2000's was epic. Some of the best scuplts ever made. They did almost everybody. That line was a Muppet lovers dream.
    One of my favorite lines of all time. For anyone who missed these, and want to see just how AMAZING these really where, check out Dan's videos on youtube. Some of the best episodes of TNTS ever!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    I showed my son these and he flipped! But he had one concern...............he wants to know why the new turtles have three toes.........

Chris
    because they have three fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post

On to the classics, however: Eh. Certainly look cool and like they jumped right out of the cartoon/toyline, but WAY too much articulation. The hands...oh god don't copy what Marvel Legends did with articulated hands!! They need to be able to hold thier weapons! Don't do that, please! Articulated fingers have rarely ever worked out.
    I have seen some more pictures and I am starting to get a bit worried about how well the figures will hold the weapons. It might just be the way they are displayed....

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I have seen some more pictures and I am starting to get a bit worried about how well the figures will hold the weapons. It might just be the way they are displayed....
    I'm still holding out hope that the standard toyshow display junk will not reflect on how the actual toy will perform...but that's about it. Hope. There has been no evidence that articulated fingers work on any level when it comes to holding accessories. Even with a spring loaded grip - you jostle the toy a bit and the weapon with jostle with it. Nothing beats a fixed grip. On top of that: WHY. What do the articulated fingers add to the figure? For that matter, what do the articulated toes add? Marvel Legends had those in so many figures but posing them on a toe doesn't work unless you have a stand. In most cases, when articulation like this is added, you can't even use it realistically because the rest of the joints won't allow it. You can cut those sculpts any way you like, but if you don't cut them with PURPOSE then you're just adding in random articulation for the sake of articulation.

But hey, that's Playmates in a nutshell. Take any of thier badguy figures and you'll see the sad power of a badly articulated figure.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

FINALLY! I've been waiting forever to finally see the Classics. And, man oh man, they do not disappoint!
    I'm so glad Mikey has actual chains on his nunchaku. We'll finally be able to store them on the belt without the fear of them breaking.
    I'm really looking forward to these figs. I just hope we can complete the whole classic cartoon cast (at least).

The one thing I'm not exited about, however, are the ariculated fingers. I remember those armored TMNT figs from the 200X line. They couldn't hold their weapons worth a darn. Articulated fingers and weapons simply do NOT mix.
    Bad design choice on Playmates' part.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Pixel Dan just confirmed on Twitter the TMNT figures will be out in August!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Pixel Dan just confirmed on Twitter the TMNT figures will be out in August!
    NICKELODEON PRODUCTS AT TOY FAIR 2012 WILL INCLUDE:

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES:

Action Figures by Playmates Toys

With more than 11 points of articulation, these action figures are the most highly detailed and articulated Turtle figures ever made. Each turtle figure is uniquely sculpted, with heights ranging from 4.25 inches to 4.75 inches, to capture the individual personalities of the characters from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV show. The line includes the four main turtles, Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo, as well as their sensei, Splinter, and April O' Neil, their human connection to the surface. Each Turtle is wearing his signature bandana and comes packed with their two core Ninja weapons for hours of Ninja playing excitement. A bonus weapons accessory rack is also included. The Basic Figure line also features characters from The Evil Foot Clan, including Shredder, The Kraang and a Foot Soldier. Each figure is compatible with the entire Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles line of vehicles and playsets.

(suggested retail price:$7.99 - $8.99 each)(recommended age:4 & Up)(available:August 2012)

Deluxe Power Sound FX Figures by Playmates Toys

Able to deliver battle phrases with awesome sound effects, the Power Sound FX Figures come to life like never before. Each of the figures stand 5.5 inches tall and features proprietary wire coil activation in the arms and legs that trigger heroic battle phrases. Kids simply pull back and hold the activation limb to hear reverberated phrases such as "I'm invincible!" and "Hiiiiiiii-yaa!" Each figure comes with different battle phrases and sound effects, as well as their core Ninja weapons. The Power Sound FX Figures collection includes Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo and Shredder.

(suggested retail price:$12.99)(recommended age:4 & Up)(available:August 2012)

Retro-Collector Action Figures by Playmates Toys

The Retro Collector Action Figures reflect the look of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from the 80's TV show. Each Turtle stands 6 inches tall, features more than 30 points of articulation and is authentically detailed to appeal to the true action figure collector. Each Turtle will come with its core Ninja weapons and a personalized sewer lid cover name base. The Retro-Collector Action Figures collection includes Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo.

(suggested retail price:$14.99)(recommended age:4 & Up)(available:August 2012)

Sewer Spinnin' Skateboard by Playmates Toys

Compatible with all the Basic Turtle Action Figures, the Sewer Spinnin' Skateboard comes ready to Shred! The skateboard looks just like the one featured in the TV show and includes Ninja Battle Boost technology that allows it to perform up to 10 different skateboard tricks. Kids simply position their favorite Turtle in various configurations on the board, rev it up, release and watch their hero perform cool tricks. Includes a stunt ramp for high flying action.

(suggested retail price:$10.99)(recommended age:4 & Up)(available:August 2012)

Rippin' Rider by Playmates Toys

With the Rippin' Rider, the Turtles can hit the road ready for battle. Compatible with all the Basic Turtle Action Figures, the Rippin' Rider comes complete with classic Turtle details and textures, including chopper front forks, quadruple rear exhaust and a T-shaped headlight to sniff out The Foot wherever they are hiding. To fight against Shredder and the evil Foot Clan, the Rippin' Rider also includes "Finger Flick Missiles" that will destroy the enemies on impact.

(suggested retail price:$10.99)(recommended age:4 & Up)(available:August 2012)

Ninja Stealth Bike by Playmates Toys

A true Ninja needs a stealthy ride with awesome looks and details, and the Ninja Stealth Bike more than delivers. As seen in the TV show and compatible with all the Basic Turtle Action Figures, the Ninja Stealth Bike allows the Turtles to travel the streets hunting down The Kraang, without being seen. The vehicle features a textured turtle shell that covers the turtle from head to toe, and to on-lookers from above, makes it look just like the street. But with Ninja Battle Boost technology and the flip of a button, the shell opens, revealing a Ninja Turtle ready for battle! The bike comes with an exclusive Raphael action figure decked out in his slick helmet and gloves.

(suggested retail price:$19.99)(recommended age:4 & Up)(available:August 2012)

Dragon Chopper by Playmates Toys

A bad enemy like the dreaded Foot Soldiers need a bad ride, and the Dragon Chopper is a really, really BAD RIDE! As seen in the TV show and compatible with Shredder, the Foot Soldiers and the four Basic Turtle Action Figures, the Dragon Chopper has a look and style like no other. It includes Ninja Battle Boost technology, allowing kids to secure their figure on the seat. When ready for battle, kids simply push the activation button and watch as the action figure performs a 360 degree flip over the handle bars and lands on its feet, ready for battle. The Dragon Chopper comes with an exclusive Foot Soldier action figure, wearing his red Ninja outfit and a removable dragon helmet.

(suggested retail price:$19.99)(recommended age:4 & Up)(available:August 2012)

Shellraiser by Playmates Toys

When the Turtles need to hit the road and take command and control with them, they all pile into the Shellraiser. Built to run either on the subway rails or on the busy streets of New York City, the Shellraiser delivers all the fire power needed for the Turtles to travel together to take down Shredder and the Foot Clan. With entrances on the top, in the front and on the side of the car, up to eight Basic Action Figures can fit inside. The Shellraiser really packs a punch with Ninja Battle Boost technology, including a spring loaded cannon on the top of the car and a side door that automatically opens with the touch of a button, sending kids' favorite hero in a half shell flying out the side with 360 degree Ninja flip-kicking action, to wage battle on anything standing in its way.

(suggested retail price:$29.99)(recommended age:4 & Up)(available:August 2012)

Ninja Combat Gear by Playmates Toys

Do you have what it takes to become a Ninja Turtle? Kids can Turtle up in their favorite Ninja gear to find out! Each set includes the Turtle's authentic noise-making ninja weapon, signature bandana and two throwing stars that will help transform kids into their very own hero in a half shell. The Leonardo set comes with a Katana Sword, the Raphael set includes two Sais, the Donatello set includes a Bo Staff, and the Michelangelo set features Nunchucks.

(suggested retail price:$12.99)(recommended age:4 & Up)(available:August 2012)

Secret Sewer Lair Playset by Playmates Toys

The ultimate playset for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fans, the Secret Sewer Lair playset is BIG, and ready for Ninja battle action. This playset will have kids creating their own Lair of excitement as they become the leader of the pack, swinging into action, training the Turtles and defeating Shredder once and for all. Standing 42 inches tall and resembling the Sewer Lair that is home to the Turtles in the TV show, the Secret Sewer Lair includes more than 20 different exciting Ninja features, such as: telescoping periscopes so the Turtles can keep track of what's going on in the city; ropeswing and swing-down ladders for joining a battle at a moment's notice; lines that can be connected to objects in a kid's room, allowing the Turtles to rappel into battle; an elevator in the back of the set for easy transition from floor to floor; a Shredder statue so the Turtles can practice their Ninja skills; a computer lab for Donatello to master his latest invention; doors that open and close easily and floors that fall out, just in the nick of time; an ooze drain to douse the enemies trying to break in; and much, much more.

(suggested retail price:$119.99)(recommended age:4 & Up)(available:August 2012)
    Credit: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nic...012-2012-02-09

Secret Sewer Lair Playset by Playmates Toys

(suggested retail price:$119.99)(recommended age:4 & Up)(available:August 2012)
    $120!!

I can't believe in today's market that anybody, that doesn't have Star Wars on the box, is soliciting a $120 playset.

It looks fantastic but is any retailer really going to commit to it?

This question came up during a discussion on the technodrome forums but I will word it a little differently;

If you are going to collect this line, would you rather buy variants of the main four turtles (comic based, 2003 based, artist based) or buy secondary and supporting characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    $120!!

I can't believe in today's market that anybody, that doesn't have Star Wars on the box, is soliciting a $120 playset.

It looks fantastic but is any retailer really going to commit to it?
    Retailers will probably price it down, it will still be pricey (like $75-80) but then again look at Bandai. Charging $35-45 for what amounted to an unpainted plastic fence and tower

This question came up during a discussion on the technodrome forums but I will word it a little differently;

If you are going to collect this line, would you rather buy variants of the main four turtles (comic based, 2003 based, artist based) or buy secondary and supporting characters?
    I want secondary and supporting characters. I don't need to spend $50-100 on Turtles in different outfits
    Last edited by markatisu; February 9, 2012 at 07:01pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Can't we have both?
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I'm assuming that you are talking about the Classics line?

If yes, than I'd rather have move from the classic cartoon. I don't have anything against the other versions but I really want the cartoon bad guys and supporting cast: Shredder, Krang, Rocksteady, Beebop, Baxter, Splinter, April, Casey....

i def. want both lines! I have both as my desktop image now.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Both lines look great. I may have to get the Classics even though I don't collect TMNT. Makes me wonder how awesome Filmation accurate MotU would be. Mind-blowing is my guess.

really looking forward to these classic figures. i've always wanted cartoon accurate versions. hopefully they also do splinter & shredder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I'm assuming that you are talking about the Classics line?

If yes, than I'd rather have move from the classic cartoon. I don't have anything against the other versions but I really want the cartoon bad guys and supporting cast: Shredder, Krang, Rocksteady, Beebop, Baxter, Splinter, April, Casey....
    Yeah sorry, I meant the classics. That is the line I am more interested in

This is cool... have to get these!

The TMNTC line needs to have the other core characters to be complete - like the ones already mentioned, and hopefully other not-so-core characters too. Forget about Turtle variants though.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    This is cool... have to get these!

The TMNTC line needs to have the other core characters to be complete - like the ones already mentioned, and hopefully other not-so-core characters too. Forget about Turtle variants though.
    Yeah I think at a minimum I would need

The 4 Turtles
    Splinter
    April
    Casey Jones
    Shredder
    Krang
    Foot Soldier with mousers
    Bebop
    Rocksteady
    Baxter Stockman
    Rat King

They could do a few waves of 3-4 figures and get it done in 2 years so I hope they can get that done

The 4 Turtles
    Splinter
    April
    Casey Jones
    Shredder
    Krang
    Bebop
    Rocksteady
    Baxter Stockman
    Rat King

They could do a few waves of 3-4 figures and get it done in 2 years so I hope they can get that done
    These sound good. I'd add Leatherhead to this list, too.

Lots and lots of pictures here! Some new concept art from the upcoming show and toy-line is shown, too. Metalhead!: http://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fair-...-awesome-5408/

The 4 Turtles
    Splinter
    April
    Casey Jones
    Shredder
    Krang
    Bebop
    Rocksteady
    Baxter Stockman
    Rat King

That is a great list and is almost perfect. My dream would be to have Mutagen Man and Muckman & Joe Eyeball as well

TNI also posted a bunch of pics, best one is the wall of carded/boxed TMNT product. Playmates is ready for business

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...ir%2FPlaymates

120 for a huge playset sounds do able, that is also suggested retail. I think there was a Disney princesses castle at Christmas time for 150.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    This line would be absolutely perfect if Usagi Yojimbo were to show up as a figure!