Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1821

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Quick question, need help please.

My brother just bought a new (original 80's) Shredder since the one in our collection has a leg that broke. I noticed a couple of things.

One: the shoulder spikes are curved forward instead of down as they should be. Is this the case with all of these? Both pads are facing forward, so I have a feeling that it is not a factory error, but maybe a flaw in assembly direction.

Two: The legs are not the same as those of the original figure, they are new sculpts. They are much skinnier, and the left leg is sculpted in such a ridiculous pose that he's even harder to get to stand than the original.

My questions are

1: Are all shoulder pads facing forward or is it just our figure?

2: Why did they re-sculpt the legs?

3: Can the legs be swapped with the original? The leg of our old figure is fine, it's the inside ball joint that broke off inside the socket, so if I can remove that debris, then I'm hoping to be able to swap them out.

Can anyone help me out with info please? Thanks a ton!
    I have 4 original Shredders. I can help you with the shoulder pads issue:

No, they should NOT be facing forward. However, if you use some elbow grease
    you can pop the pauldrons off. Then you can reposition them properly. They should
    stay in place, but if not, you may want to use some adhesive. NOTE: My pauldrons
    came off ok, but there is resistance. I guess breakage is possible, but I haven't had
    any issues. Good luck!

Here's my Shredder army (you can see part of Super Shredder, and there's another regular Shredder off camera):

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    I have 4 original Shredders. I can help you with the shoulder pads issue:

No, they should NOT be facing forward. However, if you use some elbow grease
    you can pop the pauldrons off. Then you can reposition them properly. They should
    stay in place, but if not, you may want to use some adhesive. NOTE: My pauldrons
    came off ok, but there is resistance. I guess breakage is possible, but I haven't had
    any issues. Good luck!

Here's my Shredder army (you can see part of Super Shredder, and there's another regular Shredder off camera):

http://distilleryimage11.s3.amazonaw...0ae913db_6.jpg
    Awesome! Thank you! Do you mean that they are attached via a peg or something, and that they just need to be popped off, turned and re-inserted? Also, I swapped his left leg, it as as easy as pulling it off with medium force, and the old Shredder leg fits on just fine.

I still want to know why the used a knew sculpt for the legs. That is really going to bug me until I find out why. : /

Thanks again for your help! : )

Heroic Warrior
    Shredder #2 and the Mousers lured me back into the cartoon line. That Shredder is so awesome. So far I have 7 packs of Mousers, I guess that's enough I'd been debating jumping back into this line, and finally pulled the trigger with pretty much every figure currently shipping in one assortment or another.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Spider Bytez has somehow eluded me so far. I'm not sure if he's a buy, though. I need to see him in person.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Okay...
    We just got a 24ct. Box...
    3 sets of mousers
    1 ralph & mikey training
    1 roach dude
    1 plant guy
    1 fish guy
    1 vs 1 Shredder
    1 splinter
    1 rat king
    1 leather head
    2 foot soldiers
    The rest were basic turtles
    It just seemed SO random!

- - - Updated - - -

Im curious to see if i get more.
    If i sell 4-6 i should get a new 24ct., i wanna see that break down
    BTW only 8.39 for me!!!
    MWAHAHA!

Went to TRU yesterday and saw they raised the Nick Turtles to $9.99 ea. How can they justify that when their competitors (Target and Wal Mart) have them at $8.88/8.89 ea.???
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Castle Grayskull, Yellow Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, horde trooper(s), sky high, Faker, Snake MAA

Just got a Shredder 2.0 and Spider Bytez! Haven't opened Bytez, but Shredder rocks! I just wish he had elbow articulation.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by JSteele View Post
    Went to TRU yesterday and saw they raised the Nick Turtles to $9.99 ea. How can they justify that when their competitors (Target and Wal Mart) have them at $8.88/8.89 ea.???

That's actually pretty reasonable for them. Mine was charging $12.99 at one point.
    If you search far enough back in this thread, you'll see my post about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine had a couple of mouser packs. But no Spider bytez. Grrrrr.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I still can't find shredder 2.0 or spider bytes anywhere!
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Castle Grayskull, Yellow Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, horde trooper(s), sky high, Faker, Snake MAA

I found Shredder #2 at a Wal-Mart: here's a review of ol' Shred-head himself- http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/10/...er-2-from.html

BTW, I was at a local Pumpkin festival and saw a bunch of kids dressed as ninja turtles. That was cool on it's own but there was one kid whose dad was dressed as Splinter and mom was dressed as April with the yellow jumpsuit. Coolest parents ever (and mom was rocking that April costume!).
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Still no sign of Classics Bebop and Rocksteady.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Still no sign of Classics Bebop and Rocksteady.
    Last info I heard was first week of November
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Any Australian collectors found Rat King yet? Still nothing in my town.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Heroic Warrior
    ^^^^

No. Although I finally saw Fishface in Big W recently. Otherwise the Metalhead wave seems to be the most recent TMNT that I've seen on shelves.

Finally got around to reviewing Stealth Tech Michelangelo today: http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/11/...alth-tech.html

Now I've finished that particular subset of Turtles!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Look what I just found at my local Toys R Us last night?

Maybe I am late to the party, but I hadn't heard anything about the 1988 Retro Collection figures so I was so excited to find them!

TMNT Classic Collection.JPG

TMNT Party Wagon.JPG
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Yep, I saw those a couple weeks ago in Toys R Us too. I liked them a lot, but wondered: is there really any difference between these and the 25th anniversary TMNT set?

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Look what I just found at my local Toys R Us last night?

Maybe I am late to the party, but I hadn't heard anything about the 1988 Retro Collection figures so I was so excited to find them!

TMNT Classic Collection.JPG

TMNT Party Wagon.JPG

Well, they definitely have different packaging, but other than that, I imagine there's no difference.

I've not been able to find Spider Bytez or Shredder #2 anywhere.....I even broke down and went to Wal-Mart (a store I despise) and couldn't find them. Now there are reports that the battle shell turtles are starting to show up.

This is why I easily prefer getting figures online and in the mail on a monthly basis to hunting for them in stores and hoping to find them .

I saw all of the newer ones at one my local Wal-Marts this weekend. I purchased a few for my son for X-mas.

Saw the battle shell turtles today at tru...no shredder though

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sircory-1 View Post
    Yep, I saw those a couple weeks ago in Toys R Us too. I liked them a lot, but wondered: is there really any difference between these and the 25th anniversary TMNT set?
    The only real difference seems to be that the packaging is a bit different. And the fact that the 2009 release of Shredder came with a tiny Krang figure (just the brain part, itself, and it was from that regular figure sized version of Krang's robot body, so it was super small). I did pick up a Shredder because I never did find the 2009 release in a store. But I didn't bother with the rest since I got the '09 25th anniversary versions.

Also they really jacked up the price of the van. They are charging $50 - $60 for it. Back in 2009 TRU was only charging $20, if I recall correctly (definately no more than $30). I'm glad I got one then.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

If anyone sees Rocksteady or Bebop Classics figures within the week or hears anything on there release on BIGBADTOYSTORE or any toy stores Please for the love of Turtles post it here a.s.a.p =)

Quote Originally Posted by firestar88 View Post
    If anyone sees Rocksteady or Bebop Classics figures within the week or hears anything on there release on BIGBADTOYSTORE or any toy stores Please for the love of Turtles post it here a.s.a.p =)
    TRU usually gets them first, followed by the online stores. But BBTS, Amazon, my store, Entertainment Earth, and other retailers will all receive their shipments around the same time....whenever Playmates decides to send them out
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sircory-1 View Post
    Saw these on Alpha Omega Sin's Youtube channel. Look nice.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Picked up a Spider Bytez on Sat. at a Walmart. they also had a few of the Shredder 2.0 but I passed. might pick it up eventually.