Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1869

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

There are no classic tmnt figures around me at all.....since before Christmas. No new nik releases yet either. I need a Casey jones!
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Castle Grayskull, Yellow Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, horde trooper(s), sky high, Faker, Snake MAA

If you have a large BAM (Books-A-Million) I know I saw about 4 each of Rock - steady & Beebop

I posted in the toy score thread but if there's already a TMNT sub-community here, might as well jump in!

I just picked up regular Mike and Raph and Battle Shell Leo and Don today. I didn't intend to get the Battle Shell figures, but it works out in that I get to compare and contrast the differences.

They are great little guys! I like the regular Turtles way more than the Battle Shell turtles. I don't like the loss in detail and the way they changed their feet. My Leo and Don can't stand on their own very well, but I have no trouble getting Mike and Raph to balance on one foot! Definitely going to replace Leo and Donnie (my favorite turtle) when I get the chance.

Since I've gotten into painting MOTUC figures, I'm always looking for excuses to paint something. I'm going to paint some of the sculpted details.

I don't like the looks of the villains at all, so I don't think I'll branch out beyond the turtles themselves. Maybe I'll grab Metalhead since he kinda counts. This seems to be an all-new universe that doesn't have very many ties to the old line (and I skipped TMNT's 200x so I don't know anything about that), but if Slash and Tokkah are ever made, then I'll be all about them. Really doesn't seem likely, though.

Heroic Warrior
    ^^^^

Slash is coming soon. Rahzar will also be coming soon, so Tokka may not be too far behind.

Oh sweet! Everything I know about the line I know from Pixel Dan videos; let me know if there are pics out there.

I work at TRU. This week we got all the season 2 guys. Wingnut looks wicked cool as does Casey Jones.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Oh sweet! Everything I know about the line I know from Pixel Dan videos; let me know if there are pics out there.
    There will be much better pics from NYTF, but here is a blurry glimpse of Rahzar and Slash:

http://herotaku.com/uploads/monthly_...6899_thumb.jpg

Oh, that's right... NYTF isn't just a MOTUC show.

Well, first impressions from those shots are less than positive. At least the wait for more intel is only a couple days!

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    There will be much better pics from NYTF, but here is a blurry glimpse of Rahzar and Slash:

http://herotaku.com/uploads/monthly_...6899_thumb.jpg
    ahh playmates...more turtle variants. nice to see somethings don't change
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

TOY FAIR INFO:

SPOILERS!!!!

Looks like Playmates is doing a new mini line for TMNT.

In this video from Toy Fair you can clearly see

BAXTER FLY
    at 1:45 for the mini line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irvMh4XJj9c

Here is a new catalog with a few new figures including

Tigerclaw.

Last edited by Bonehead; February 15, 2014 at 07:54pm.

Heroic Warrior

The LARP variants are kind of interesting. They remind me a lot of the types of variants that were produced in the classic line and I'm pretty sure there even was an incomplete line of "Dungeons and Dragons" styled turtle and villain variants.

I'm disappointed by the continued absence of Karai and the fact that the rumoured Bebop and Rocksteady haven't been revealed yet, although I suspect they will be during NYTF.

My local Target had one Mutagen Man with unpainted eyes. I'll wait for a better one.

I'm just not enjoying anything from this line except the basic turtles. Slash is REALLY disappointing to me. He was one of the coolest vintage figures, but he looks terrible now. The go-kart and motorcycle vehicles are exactly what I would have wanted as a kid, but nothing I want now.

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    Is anyone excited for the 1990 movie Turtles?

I was excited for them. I think I still am. But there's a certain level of apprehension.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Knight View Post
    No. Personally, they don't look anywhere near as good as I expected. And they also look too similar to the cartoon based Classics for me to consider purchasing a second set of near identical turtles. I thought that they would either be completely "true" to the 1990 movie designs or at least include the "gritter" and more detailed elements from the vintage movie toys.

Not really.

If this was a full line with Splinter, Casey, Shredder, and Tatsu than I'd probably pick them up.

I may be the only person to think this, but after seeing the reveals with Pixel Dan...I started wishing that they could do what Hasbro does and have multiple lines for their different fans, one of which could be doing figures from the IDW comics. Just to get some different characters and a different aesthetic. I really love what that comic is doing with the characters and in bringing together a lot of the different lines from over the years.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Not feeling the 4 movie Turtles much, more decco was needed, they just look like repaints on the 4 which came out last year.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

no, I'm not either. I already have a set of Classic Turtles. I don't want another. Even though they are slightly different. I wish they would just keep expanding on the "Toy Version" line of classics.

*Still need to find Bepop and Rocksteady!

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I am! Anyone know when they are set to be released?
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    So do we have a recap of the new line, as to what is coming out, and when? (Did Dan do a walkthrough and I'm just not seeing it??? ) And for that matter, are we ever going to see a Karai figure?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I do think they are going to come up short, but that's not something I am worried about right now. I need to raise money--thirty bucks a pop at TRU. They need to be really good, or I'm passing.

And if recent history is any predictor of their shipping schedules, there's no reason to expect them before November.

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    ...are we ever going to see a Karai figure?
    I have been wondering the same thing.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Well after months of not buying any new figs I finally broke down and got one. I picked up a TMNT Classics Rocksteady figure for the simple reason it was just sitting there on a shelf as I was out shopping for dog food.

I think he looks great tho it does seem weird that he is smaller than the Turtles themselves. Still I guess that means I have to get Bebop next.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery