Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1821

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Anyone else feel the showing was a bit sparse? The figures are clearing out quite well around here (Christmas left nary a TMNT figure on any pegs), and I know the show is doing well, so I was kind of surprised at how few new figures we saw. Maybe they just didn't have a lot of stuff ready to be shown (there could be limitations on what can be shown to keep from spoiling plot points in the show), but I just expected to see a bit more from a line that seems to be doing gangbusters at retail...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Just been looking at the movie versions of the Turtles. Don't look that much different to the ones I have already, at least not enough to warrant me buying them again. They still look decent enough but still a pass for me.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

It seems like they believe that toys only sell around the holidays. The bulk of their stuff seems to ship in November. That includes collector toys like the movie turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Anyone else feel the showing was a bit sparse? ..

I do.

Playmates showed a bunch of new vehicles and the new minis line but as far as basic figures goes....yeah it was pretty bare.

Yeah, it's like they're still trying to get a handle on having a line that is popular with kids and collectors.

I did get Casey Jones for Valentines Day from my wife, though. He's awesome. I think he's my second favorite figure in the line behind the first series Raphael: http://www.thepicreview.com/2014/02/...ones-from.html
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Anyone else feel the showing was a bit sparse? The figures are clearing out quite well around here (Christmas left nary a TMNT figure on any pegs), and I know the show is doing well, so I was kind of surprised at how few new figures we saw. Maybe they just didn't have a lot of stuff ready to be shown (there could be limitations on what can be shown to keep from spoiling plot points in the show), but I just expected to see a bit more from a line that seems to be doing gangbusters at retail...
    You have to keep in mind Toy Fair is a business show, its designed to sell retail on your toys. Retail has already bitten so hard its ridiculous so there was no need to have a mind blowing display or show you 12 months of toys. Playmates does not nor have they ever worked that way, its why there are no real new "Waves" they just keep refreshing the current wave with new figures (seriously when you order its like TMNT 4" Revision number)

The more important thing retail wants to know is how replenished they can get on product, that was Playmates big issue last year. They are operating at full capacity and yet still cannot meet demand.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

and now i have Bebop, so my Classic collection is complete (until they make more)
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

The movie turtles are underwhelming. I don't even like how the stands are labeled. I think they might kill the line. Doubt I'll buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
    The movie turtles are underwhelming. I don't even like how the stands are labeled. I think they might kill the line. Doubt I'll buy them.
    The Classic Movie Turtles? Its hard to kill a line that is pretty much only sold in specialty stores
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Yeah...not really sure how much thought went into the Classic Movie Turtles. I barely wanted the regular ones in such a huge size, but I at least bought Raph. Not sure I'll get 'em in that style, especially since they don't really...look all that close to the movie. Plus: WOO, another batch of the main four in stores? Do we need that? Can we get some other guys first? Took long enough to sort of squeeze Bebop and Rocksteady out there; I was kinda hoping they would keep the train moving and pump out a Shredder.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'd love a cartoon accurate Shredder and Splinter
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The Classic Movie Turtles? Its hard to kill a line that is pretty much only sold in specialty stores
    I got my Bebop/Rocksteady at TRU...and saw many, many retro turtles at TRU over the past year...
    As far as I can tell the general TRU distribution has been a lot better than many other adult-targeted items sold by TRU.

So far I have Bebop & Rocksteady, now I gotta find the (original) Turtles cheap. Been watching a lot online, but just haven't pulled the trigger yet....

I'd really like to see a Krang, Spinter and Shredder at least.....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

Then how do you explain Ghostbusters?

- - - Updated - - -

Took a long ride to try to clear my head. An employee at a Walmart broke open a fresh case of TMNT. I snagged a Mutagen Man with painted eyes.

Hate to snag these when there are probably kids trying to get them. The whole "shortpack every non-turtle figure" has gotten old.

I just read somewhere that the reissue party wagon is now being priced at $40-45 at TRU. My prediction was spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    The strategy appears to be: mark 'em up, way up; cause some folks are able and willing to pay the markup and don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to get one at the normal rate. Once they are sure that there isn't a human being left on Earth who is willing to pay the $60 price, it will drop, probably down to around $40.

My TRU also had some type of mech suit and some Pac-man figures in 3-packs.

What's up with the painted/unpainted Mutagen Man eyes? I have seen both now...passed up an unpainted....I would assume the unpainted was an error, or is it the other way around? Maybe I should have bought him.

As far as I know, it's an error and not intentional. I bought the only one with painted eyes I found.

Unpainted seems far more common.

you can love or hate new lines, but I don't know a single person to say no to vintae figures

Quote Originally Posted by Giga Moravac View Post
    you can love or hate new lines, but I don't know a single person to say no to vintae figures

Actually, there's plenty of vintage figures I don't have and don't want. I especially hate when they take one or more turtles and put them in various outfits (astronaut, baseball player, etc.)

I didn't want them then and don't want them now.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; April 19, 2014 at 12:23am.

Quote Originally Posted by Giga Moravac View Post
    Vintage figures don't interest me in the least. Nostalgia just doesn't do it for me when it comes to toys. I don't need the toys I played with as a kid if I can have cooler ones now.

I still haven't been able to track Bebop or Rocksteady down. Are these still being shipped????

Based on my TRU stock, the answer would be "no."

And whatever happened to the reissued vintage Krang we were hearing about?

These tops from Dollar Tree don't work with the newer figures, but they do work with some vintage figures.

He looks shocked, doesn't he? He's not used to standing up.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I still haven't been able to track Bebop or Rocksteady down. Are these still being shipped????
    I haven't seen any Classics figures since Christmas. TRU has a few pegs for them but usually my TRU has those stupid phones in their plac.

I lucked out and found Bebop & Rocksteady a few days before Christmas. I was initially going to pass on them but in the end decided to buy them and I'm glad I did. They aren't perfect but I'm still happy with them.

The Classics are being reshipped in June/July, the same wave we should have already gotten with Bebop and Rocksteady. Since the Classics line is not being carried by mass retail like Walmart and Target its not being run in the numbers as large as fandom might like. So we get shorter runs that sell out faster. But they are re-running the figures, we just need to be patient.