Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1869

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The Classics are being reshipped in June/July, the same wave we should have already gotten with Bebop and Rocksteady. Since the Classics line is not being carried by mass retail like Walmart and Target its not being run in the numbers as large as fandom might like. So we get shorter runs that sell out faster. But they are re-running the figures, we just need to be patient.
    Classics are being carried by Target in Canada. My local has Bebop and Rocksteady. They're also at TRU, and Walmart here. But I bought mine at a Comic store because I didn't want to miss out.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    So can anyone confirm, for the new line, which figures are currently out/shipping?

I know Dojo Splinter, Slash, The Newtralizer and Rahzar are being found - how about the D&D Turtles, the Foot-Bot, the Biotroid, and Tiger Claw? (I just don't want to waste time looking for figures that aren't out yet! )
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    So can anyone confirm, for the new line, which figures are currently out/shipping?

I know Dojo Splinter, Slash, The Newtralizer and Rahzar are being found - how about the D&D Turtles, the Foot-Bot, the Biotroid, and Tiger Claw? (I just don't want to waste time looking for figures that aren't out yet! )
    I haven't seen any of Wave 9 yet either.

Here is a list of all of the Basic figures that are scheduled for release this year. Not sure when, but the waves should give us an idea on the order of when things will come out.

Wave 8
    • Casey Jones
    • Mutagen Man
    • Kirby Bat
    • Squirrelanoid

Wave 9
    • Newtralizer
    • Rahzar
    • Slash
    • Dojo Splinter

Wave 10
    • Robotic Foot Soldier
    • Tiger Claw
    • Bebop
    • Rocksteady

Wave 11
    • Leo the Knight
    • Donnie the Wizard
    • Raph the Barbarian
    • Mikey the Elf

Wave 12
    • Biotroid
    • Turflytle
    • Baxter Fly
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Wow! Thanks - that's a lot more specific then what I'd been working off of!

Question - was there confirmation that Bebop & Rocksteady were getting figures? (I assume it's a given that they would, I just hadn't heard anything about it.)

Wow! Thanks - that's a lot more specific then what I'd been working off of!

Question - was there confirmation that Bebop & Rocksteady were getting figures? (I assume it's a given that they would, I just hadn't heard anything about it.)
    You're welcome.

Here is where I get my info. I am assuming it is correct, but not 100% positive: http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Li...(2012-present)

No, that's great - looks like they don't have Bebop/Rocksteady verified for sure yet, but it's only a matter of time.

I did see, towards the bottom of that page, "Mutated Karai". I wonder what that's about...

I've heard someone found Bepop and Rocksteady at a Walmart, but I thought they were talking about the classics.

I'm interested in seeing the movie Shredder. Looks a lot cooler than either of the Nickelodeon figures.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I found all of wave 9 (except for Newtralizer) last weekend at Wal-Mart. I actually just reviewed Rahzar this morning on my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/2014/06/...hzar-from.html

I reviewed Slash the other day as well.

Some folks are even starting to find the movie figures at Target stores, although some stores are adhering to the "street date".
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

What is the street date? I'm still looking for them. I just want to see what Shredder looks like, but I can't find them anywhere.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    What is the street date? I'm still looking for them. I just want to see what Shredder looks like, but I can't find them anywhere.
    July 6. Many Walmarts have broken street date and put them out early. They're usually on a cube display with new cartoons and roleplaying stuff. I've read that some Targets and TRUs are also breaking the date.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I did see, towards the bottom of that page, "Mutated Karai". I wonder what that's about...
    Oh no... no no no...

well they do know how to make retro mutagen now but still... mutated Karai? Please no.

Not to mention we haven't even got a regular Karai in the line yet!
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Just picked up all of the Movie Turtles 9 days before the street date. Woo hoo!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Oh no... no no no...

well they do know how to make retro mutagen now but still... mutated Karai? Please no.

Not to mention we haven't even got a regular Karai in the line yet!
    She is probably the victim of women figures don't sell in retail boys' lines stereotype. It wouldn't surprise me if they made her a fifth Turtle like Venus or something else, because they think it would sell more.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac:3474921
    Just picked up all of the Movie Turtles 9 days before the street date. Woo hoo!
    I found them at both Walmart and TRU.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

The thing I don't get about the "girl figures don't sell" mantra is that in the 90s, Playmates made all kinds of April variants and female figures in the line. April all yellow, April with blue stripe, April with new head and orange details, Ninja Newscaster, Ravishing Reporter (with ROOTED HAIR!), Mutating April, April in Green jumpsuit with Ch.6 News Van, April with dinosaur (can't remember the name of that one), and I'm sure others that I'm forgetting. In addition, they also made Irma, Kala, Mona Lisa, and Princess Mitsu. That's quite a bit of female presence in a boy's line. So, 20 years later, have young boys become less tolerant of female figures than they were back then? Seems a bit odd to me.
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

When are the classic movie coming and where would be the best place to pick them up?
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    The thing I don't get about the "girl figures don't sell" mantra is that in the 90s, Playmates made all kinds of April variants and female figures in the line. April all yellow, April with blue stripe, April with new head and orange details, Ninja Newscaster, Ravishing Reporter (with ROOTED HAIR!), Mutating April, April in Green jumpsuit with Ch.6 News Van, April with dinosaur (can't remember the name of that one), and I'm sure others that I'm forgetting. In addition, they also made Irma, Kala, Mona Lisa, and Princess Mitsu. That's quite a bit of female presence in a boy's line. So, 20 years later, have young boys become less tolerant of female figures than they were back then? Seems a bit odd to me.
    And none of those April variants sold! You can still find them in droves MOC. They're some of the cheapest figures to buy MOC from the whole line.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

It sounds like everyone is gunning for movie Shredder and there's minimal interest in any of the other figures. That's really annoying. It seems like every Playmates wave always has one figure that is a real fight to find.

Anyway, I still haven't made up my mind on that one. I need to see the eyes. And it would help if there was some way of pulling off those huge arm blades.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    It sounds like everyone is gunning for movie Shredder and there's minimal interest in any of the other figures. That's really annoying. It seems like every Playmates wave always has one figure that is a real fight to find.

Anyway, I still haven't made up my mind on that one. I need to see the eyes. And it would help if there was some way of pulling off those huge arm blades.
    I've hit probably a dozen Walmarts in the last couple weeks. April is the fig I've seen the least of, followed by Raph in disguise. Some stores had plenty of everyone, some stores were pretty much picked clean. Playmates TMNT are usually tough to find at first, but constant restocks solve that problem quickly, at least in my area. As the movie gets closer, I think we'll get sick of seeing the toys.

Shredder is a cool fig, but has pretty bad eyes. At that scale, I don't really mind though.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    I just started falling in love with TMNT all over again. Been watching some of the animated movies on youtube. I saw the one where the 80s versions meet the 2000s versions, and they have to save the multiverse from Shredder. Some of the jabs at the 80s cartoon were hilarious.

Now Im watching one called "Turtles In Space" or something, with the Fugitoid and Triceratons. I remember Triceraton was one of my fav toys as a kid, but he never made it into the cartoons.

I can't decide between the Classic versions, or the 'movie' versions of the toys.
    Made it through Cyber Monday with everything I wanted, well, almost.

Quote Originally Posted by CapricornDefender View Post
    Now Im watching one called "Turtles In Space" or something, with the Fugitoid and Triceratons. I remember Triceraton was one of my fav toys as a kid, but he never made it into the cartoons.
    Triceratons were in the Season 7 episode of the original series called "Night of the Dark Turtle".

- - - Updated - - -

I guess we know what the Karai mutant figure will probably look like now. It would be nice if she is in her middle mode at least, though.

Shredder was a pass. The eyes look horrible and he's just too armored up.

The movie line is a pass for me.

Two Wave 4 TMNT Classics figures to be shown at SDCC!

http://toynewsi.com/index.php?itemid=22775

As for the fourth wave of Classic figures. We have still been sworn to secrecy as to who will be in the wave. But we can tell you that they will be two very BAD-ass figures and we expect them to be announced during the Playmates panel at this year's San Diego Comic Convention. So stay-tuned for more on those next month. We are also expecting the announcement for this years San Diego Comic Con exclusive TMNT figure which will be sold at the Nickelodeon booth to be coming very soon as well, so also stay-tuned for that.

Good to hear about the classics figures. This line is going painfully slow. I wish it was on the same level as MOTUC. Hopefully we can get Splinter, April, Casey, Shredder, Krang, and Foot Soldiers soon. At this rate if we were to get all of those figures it would take another 2-3 years!
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

I have no doubt Splinter, April, Foot Soldier, and Shredder are the next four coming to Classics, since they would complete the set of those first 10 figures ever released.