Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Digital River Credit Card Question/Help Thread

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar

Credit Card Info (Problems changing credit card info with DR/Matty)

Anyone remember if Matty asked for credit card type last time?

Just ordered some DCUC stands through Matty (to set up an account as much as to get the stands) and it's the first time I recall not being asked for the credit card type on such a site. I figure the number is enough, but I can't remember if it did the same thing back with the SDCC exclusives.

Anyone who ordered with plastic last time recall?

Any additional information on MattyCollector can be found here:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181626
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I can't say I'd be surprised if they didn't. I always wondered why they did in the first place, as I thought the type of cards were identifiable by the first 4 numbers of the account.

I just entered my CC info into my account and noticed they also don't ask for the three digit security code, so it seems to be less strict then some online retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I can't say I'd be surprised if they didn't. I always wondered why they did in the first place, as I thought the type of cards were identifiable by the first 4 numbers of the account.

I just entered my CC info into my account and noticed they also don't ask for the three digit security code, so it seems to be less strict then some online retailers.
    You'll enter the security code when you order.
    Don't hesitate in dealing with Cilman Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cilman View Post
    Ahhh... I see. Well that makes sense, I suppose.

If a C/C number begins with a:

4 = Visa
    5 = MasterCard
    3 = Amex
    Good Traders: Domercon, parat0r, cjclifford, marndt8448, prime371, AGE, Grunaura, boggs32, phoenixinfernos1, jesstertwo, Bellamy, Trap-Jay, Steph, Kinnikuman76, zodak74, IceWolf, CHRIS-ORION, Him-Man, layz909e, Master Eternian, Peter, LORD FALLEN ELDOR, Lord Anubis, Son Of Keldor, Tinkerbeee, Pyre, Christop, bigassbuzz, MaxGoof, JeMaBo2, G2Figures, General Hawk 7, Mern-Ra, Cubsteven, lemure77

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    THanks, folks. I thought there was something in the number that identified the card, but it's unusual not to have to identify the card type like that.

And, yes, they did aske for the 3 digit code when I ordered.

Here's hoping things go as smoothly when He-Man and Fur Face come up.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by cilman View Post
    OMG! Thank you for letting me know this! I had to run out to my car to get my card...lol

Used Paypal last time around.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Yup had to use my credit card!! but at least I have 2 of each on the way! lol to go along with my 2 KG`s

I learned from last time...matty is NOT paypal friendly!
    CC it was, and I'm pretty sure they asked for it last time.

(I'm one of those guys that freaked out last time when my PP order took too long, so (and i'm glad I did) I used my CC to get KG.

that's too many abbrv.s !!!
    AWESOME TRADERS:
    Sammy Banderas/jcb1973/Troy-Klops/Mystical musician/Daviono1089

MY .ORG FEEDBACK

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

"I Do hope you don't bruise easily He-Man!"
    ~Stevetor~

Heroic Warrior

Credit card processing problems at MattyCollector.com?

Seriously,

I've had enough...

After 11 days of "order in process" without my card even being debited and a matty service person telling me nothing new let alone productive, I've cancelled my order of 1 He-Man figure. (Yes you can cancel your order... simply follow the link in your order confirmation mail "findmyorder". When you get to your order history this way, there will be an order cancelling button!)

Anyway. I thought that the noprogressatall situation was due to the initial problems of December 1st.

So I just tried t place a new order - again 1 He-Man figure. Everything seemed to be alright. But when I tried to complete my payment, Matty told me that something about my payment method/ details was wrong. It was definitely NOT. I tried both, my VISA and my MASTERCARD. But it didn't make a difference. And I definitely do not feel like calling them again, really- because I already know the answer.

Personally, as a customer, I feel completely let down. and I really wished, I could tell the opposite...

Was the "payment method" field a free field?

Because if yes then you had the same problem as me and the only solution I found (If it was really what resolve the problem) is to enter the words "MasterCard®" just like that and it was accepted... As I said It has maybe no relation with the problem but after that I was able to finish my order.

Heroic Warrior
    Believe me, I tried everything, including the registered trademark sign. Nothing would help. I'll try again later. maybe the website had some performance difficulties... for it needed longer loading times...

I hope it will work

Hey TMEF. It sounds stupid but have you tried on a different computer? My computer at home has some kind of security lock or something which means it won'tload up certain sites. When I tried my order on my home comp, I couldn't get right through the order process. I went to work and tried to order again on the work comp and it went through fine.
    Probably won't help but might be worth a shot

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    Hey TMEF. It sounds stupid but have you tried on a different computer? My computer at home has some kind of security lock or something which means it won'tload up certain sites. When I tried my order on my home comp, I couldn't get right through the order process. I went to work and tried to order again on the work comp and it went through fine.
    Probably won't help but might be worth a shot

Thanks, I'll try that next time I have access to another computer. Though I have to say that I never had any such problems with websites or online-shops before.

OK, I gave it another try:

The error message reads as this:

"We're sorry. The payment method selected is not available for your location. Please select another payment method."

Excuse me?! I'm from Germany. They definitely deliver to my location and a credit card is only way to pay for international customers. So what's wrong here?
    Last edited by Too-Man-E-Faces; December 12, 2008 at 08:02am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This is, if I remember well, the message I had.

When it was my turn, I tried 10 times even with a reboot of my computer but nothing has changed. Then I used "my solution" and it worked.
    I may was lucky...

Since "my solution" isn't the solution then you simply have to try and try again...

Good luck

Heroic Warrior
    I tried again and again. Finally, it worked.

I used the ® before. This time I copied and pasted "MasterCard®" directly from the Matty FAQs. Coincidence? I don't know. I just hope, that my "order in process" will soon be "order completed, item shipped" or something equal. AND that my cancelled order really gets cancelled.

What an annoying mess.

Heroic Master Of Bad Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Too-Man-E-Faces View Post
    I tried again and again. Finally, it worked.

I used the ® before. This time I copied and pasted "MasterCard®" directly from the Matty FAQs. Coincidence? I don't know. I just hope, that my "order in process" will soon be "order completed, item shipped" or something equal. AND that my cancelled order really gets cancelled.

What an annoying mess.
    That's weird. In the free field i put my nick on here, just for fill the field with something, and the order was processed without problems.
    I used Mastercard

And then, when i try to buy other items, in the payment method i choose "tsubasamaxi" and it loaded the info from my card and datails i used before, so i suposse that the free field is to save you payment method so you don't need to fill all fields every time you buy something.....at least with me, the free field work in that way. I don't know why so many people are having problems with that, maybe some bug...
    We are ka-tet. We are one from many

Don't hesitate in make deals with: JeMaBo2, air23cnhit.

Quote Originally Posted by tsubasamaxi View Post
    That's weird. In the free field i put my nick on here, just for fill the field with something, and the order was processed without problems.
    I used Mastercard

And then, when i try to buy other items, in the payment method i choose "tsubasamaxi" and it loaded the info from my card and datails i used before, so i suposse that the free field is to save you payment method so you don't need to fill all fields every time you buy something.....at least with me, the free field work in that way. I don't know why so many people are having problems with that, maybe some bug...
    Yes I suppose you are right and at the begining this is what I was thinking (And I still think it is) but since I could not order I tried anything .

The fact it worked for Too-Man-E-Faces is probably a Coincidence as he said himself and I suppose it was the same for me.
    But indeed, the day it worked for me I did exactly the same thing as Too-Man-E-Faces : "I copied and pasted "MasterCard®" directly from the Matty FAQs"

I prefer thinking the website has connexion problems...
    I Hope it will be solve ASAP.

Can't you just call and place the order?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Can't you just call and place the order?
    I guess one could do that, but I really don't feel like doing a transatlantic call again... the figures are expensive enough and in my opinion the way via the website should work. I mean that's why it's there for, isn't it?

By the way... I'm still waiting for my order confirmation. The funny thing is, I can look up my new order via "find my order". But then again, it can't be found by simply clicking on "order history"...

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Too-Man-E-Faces View Post
    The error message reads as this:

"We're sorry. The payment method selected is not available for your location. Please select another payment method."
    This is for people in general I guess,

When I got this error (and boy did I get it, for like five or six times), it was because the two fields didn't match my card info. This is pretty important I think. If you see two fields at the bottom, and one is your exact location, but the other is just the country or a summary, you need to fill the other field out completely. And remember the name you put in needs to appear the same as it does on your card often times, so include your middle initial if applicable.

I was getting pretty annoyed at this, but it worked like a charm when I finally did this. I hope this helps, because it's not particularly intuitive, at least it wasn't for me.

cheers

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    This is for people in general I guess,

When I got this error (and boy did I get it, for like five or six times), it was because the two fields didn't match my card info. This is pretty important I think. If you see two fields at the bottom, and one is your exact location, but the other is just the country or a summary, you need to fill the other field out completely. And remember the name you put in needs to appear the same as it does on your card often times, so include your middle initial if applicable.

I was getting pretty annoyed at this, but it worked like a charm when I finally did this. I hope this helps, because it's not particularly intuitive, at least it wasn't for me.

cheers

Thanks Jawbridge.

The funny thing is - after numerous tries, it finally worked. And I did nothing special or different as regards my previous and failing orders, apart from copy & pasting the name of my credit card from Matty's FAQs.

I had the same problem when I ordered and I tried THREE different cards, all of them valid.

I also have an order that's been in process for 11 days with no new information, tracking number (I did UPS ground), or debit to my account.

I'm a VERY patient person, and it takes a lot to irk me, but I'm really reaching the end with Matty.....
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    @Too-Man-E-Faces

I also thought about cancelling my order and ordering new. I had no problem with my credit card but Im also still waiting for processing. The order cancellation button appeared at first two days ago. It wasn't there before. I don't know if this is a good sign. So bad that customer service can do absolutely nothing.

Please tell us if your second order works!
    Last edited by Matt79; December 12, 2008 at 01:14pm.