Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Club Eternia Subscription Cancellation message from MattyCollector

2012 Club Eternia Subscription Cancellation message from MattyCollector

Thought I would share MattyCollector's most recent Facebook message. I believe it is in regards to Digital River "accidentally" cancelling so many customers subs.

Club Eternia customers, we’ve heard you regarding subscription cancellations. We want to make sure you stay enrolled and an email will be sent out later today with instructions.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; January 24, 2012 at 02:17pm.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

what's this is regards too? ... have been been trying to cancel their subscriptions?? ...

not surprised to be honest ... they charged me twice for demo-man/bg evil lyn and vigo ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    what's this is regards too? ... have been been trying to cancel their subscriptions?? ...

not surprised to be honest ... they charged me twice for demo-man/bg evil lyn and vigo ...
    I think Digital River has been "accidentally" cancelling a lot of peoples 2012 subscriptions, so Matty posted they are sending an e-mail out later. I could have taken it wrong, but that is how I read it based on people responses on facebook.

i have seen lots of posts on other forums about sub's getting canceled when they did not ask for that

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    i have seen lots of posts on other forums about sub's getting canceled when they did not ask for that
    Yeah, that is what I believe it is in reference to, so I thought I would share with anyone that might not have Facebook.

It's the beginning of the end! So many who had this happen to consider it the final straw! Many will not sign back up! They consider it a got out of jail free card! And the sad thing is that in order for Mattel to jump on this. Digital River must have cancelled a huge amount of subs for Mattel to take notice! And the sad thing is that they will still stick with DR through it all!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Interesting they canceled a ton of subs but this place did not explode yet with complaints about it??? That seems a tad odd
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Interesting they canceled a ton of subs but this place did not explode yet with complaints about it??? That seems a tad odd
    maybe people were actually pleased!

no, seriously - that's a good observation ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Warrior

Plenty of examples in the DR problems thread.

The weird thing is they're asking for a load of info to reinstate the subs - info they already have. It should just be a case of reverting the order status. But why make things easy when you can do it the DR way?
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Well if you like I could go ranting and all that if you need it?! Besides probably that many are at work and haven't seen the poop hit the fan on it yet!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Yeah. That sucks too. Right before Shadow Weaver is delivered. They should send all who don't resign an apology and at least their Shadow Weaver.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    It's the beginning of the end!
    Yes. Isn't it always for some folks though? Isn't everything a sign of the death of MOTUC?

I've seen a handful of cases pop up on the forums. It's nice that Matty is getting on this "before" it becomes a huge problem.

Yeah, I am kind of surprised that I posted this almost 2 hours ago and there are only 12 total comments. I figured people would be livid about it. Maybe I didn't use a good enough title? Or maybe people are more calm after ToyGuru asked everyone to be less angry?
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; January 24, 2012 at 03:08pm.

If my sub were to "accidentally" get cancelled after Shadow Weaver was shipped, I don't think I would be upset. I would continue to support the line on day of but not via subs. The problems with DR is the top reason. I can understand production issues and delays. However, Matty is not holding to their end of the "Terms of Service" while expecting their customers to be ready to drop coin no matter what the situation.

Customers who have made a year long commitment need to be put first. I'm not saying free shipping or a free figure but from a customer service perspective, they need to come up with something.

I know Toyguru is working to improve the system but it may be too late for some.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

I'm one of the lucky ones. Apparently, even though Digital River used the correct payment information for the first Star Sisters payment, they tried to use whatever other payment information you have stuck in your profile (since you can't delete it) to try and do the second payment. Guess DR needs to stop hiring Mensa members for their customer service people.

"Instruction"?
    Call me picky, but after all the mess (the continuous mess I should say), customers should just have their subscription back, period.
    Not having to go through some new process which, let's admit it, no one of us as faith in at this point.
    Whater people we'll need to do, will DR screw it up more? I'm not pessimistic anymore, I'm just genuinely concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    I'm one of the lucky ones. Apparently, even though Digital River used the correct payment information for the first Star Sisters payment, they tried to use whatever other payment information you have stuck in your profile (since you can't delete it) to try and do the second payment. Guess DR needs to stop hiring Mensa members for their customer service people.
    The first payment for my Star Sisters was put through on a CC that I removed (updated) some time ago. It was not used when I originally purchased the 2012 subs but DR found the information somewhere. I triple checked the "Update" area for 2012 subs and that CC information was not listed there either. I'm not very happy with a company "storing" personal information that I have personally changed or asked to have changed.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I'm not pessimistic anymore, I'm just genuinely concerned.
    Very quote-worthy, Emiliano!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    "Instruction"?
    Call me picky, but after all the mess (the continuous mess I should say), customers should just have their subscription back, period.
    Not having to go through some new process which, let's admit it, no one of us as faith in at this point.
    Whater people we'll need to do, will DR screw it up more? I'm not pessimistic anymore, I'm just genuinely concerned.
    This is what I said on FB...

Digital River screws up, yet AGAIN, and the subscribers (of which I'm not one) have to correct DR's mistake? That's crap, plain and simple.

I'm angry about this not because I have a sub, I don't, but because they did this crap to me last year. Cancelled my sub for no reason and then reinstated it (AFTER an hour on the phone) but they "weren't able" to give me UPS shipping like I'd had previously. So EVERY month since April, I've had to wait up to 2 weeks for Newgistics to ship my product to me.

I only hope that the 2012 subscribers don't have to deal with the same mess that I did.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    This is what I said on FB...

Digital River screws up, yet AGAIN, and the subscribers (of which I'm not one) have to correct DR's mistake? That's crap, plain and simple.

I'm angry about this not because I have a sub, I don't, but because they did this crap to me last year. Cancelled my sub for no reason and then reinstated it (AFTER an hour on the phone) but they "weren't able" to give me UPS shipping like I'd had previously. So EVERY month since April, I've had to wait up to 2 weeks for Newgistics to ship my product to me.

I only hope that the 2012 subscribers don't have to deal with the same mess that I did.
    World Class?

If this happened to me, I just wouldn't sign back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    You would sacrifice Shadow Weaver?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Yeah, as long as I get my Shadow Weaver first

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Yeah, I am kind of surprised that I posted this almost 2 hours ago and there are only 12 total comments. I figured people would be livid about it. Maybe I didn't use a good enough title? Or maybe people are more calm after ToyGuru asked everyone to be less angry?
    I doubt people are less calm, we will see by the end of the day how widespread it is. But even at 1% that is too many imho, then again I am a survivor of the 2009 we delete your sub and remove all evidence from the computer but thank god you have a printout for us to reinstate it after 3 months of phone calls with Corp HQ

So I know how bad it can get

"Instruction"?
    Yeah I don't understand why the customer is probably going to have to call or reorder, I mean its an unprompted cancellation so DR just needs to uncancel it. I know they can do this at the Corp level in about 45 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac
    Yeah, as long as I get my Shadow Weaver first
    Yup that was my feeling in 2010 and 2011, I think they did this last year as well. I can vividly remember "just get me my sub figure and I will chance it on day of sales" but I can't remember why
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Like Emilano said, this gives good reason for concern. Words cannot express the awe I have at how thing are continuously being messed up by DR. If my sub was cancelled, and I haven't checked my email yet, I don't know if I'd want it to be reinstated. That's how I feel at this time. The subs were supposed to make collecting this line convenient but this is the exact opposite. It's like an 80's sitcom; it's almost laughable.
    I hate to mention it but would something like this happen with Hasbor/Kenner?
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…