Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (2/1/2012)

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    OK so since a 2013 sub gives you a vote for a character to be made I expect all you Illumina fans to buy subs
    I will be but if Mattel stacks the deck against Illumia (any POP ladies), I'll have to cave and go for history over cool design.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    We don’t have a specific rule for this but we do replace any defective product so if a figure is assembled incorrect you can return it for a corrected item.

Grab your King Hssss figures everyone! We can send them back and get a corrected item.
    I was thinking the same thing with him and Roboto. Legally we can hold them to this now that its in writing.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Heroic Warrior
    "2- Any idea on how many Windraiders were missing the mini-guns on the under-side?
    We do not share this information publically."

The use of "Publically" makes me cringe.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    I was thinking the same thing with him and Roboto. Legally we can hold them to this now that its in writing.
    Likely not; the shoulders are assembled exactly the way the molds said they should be. They can say it's the molds that are marked wrong.

Really, this answer has to rank up there with "Moss Man is not a bath toy" for the "Clueless Answer of the Decade" award. It is so out of touch with the issues being addressed it isn't even humorous in an ironic way...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Answers from hordak.de will be coming this weekend. I know. a little late, but better than nothing.

Heroic Warrior
    Fans Choice Contest Question: You said that only Club Eternia 2013 subscribers will be able to vote for the final figure that's gonna be released next year. But there also are fans who didn't subscribe directly, but through friends or import shops who placed multiple subscriptions. Can they vote through their "middlemen"?

QUOTE For every 2013 sub you buy you will get one code to let you vote in the poll. If you or a reseller wants to pass those codes on to friends or other customers to use and vote they are welcome to. But it is one code per sub bought. And the window to use the codes and vote will be limited to the time of the sale. Once the sub sale ends, the voting will also be closed regardless of how many sub holders use their codes and vote.

Another Fans Choice Contest Question: Let's say, an overwhelming majority of subscribers vote for one particular figure. Does that mean that we ain't gonna see the other candidates for a couple years?

Yes. We will only be doing the winner in 2013 but it is possible we could revisit other "non winners" in future years. end quote

Huh? What?

Where have I been?

This is new(s) to me.

So are they basically canning vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Probably. If Granamyr underperforms (I think it’s a possibility), say goodbye to big beasts, too.

Well they can re-use the dragon buck for a green variant and other dragons. Not sure how they'd sell under the price point, but they can't re-use vehicles the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    What makes what Scott said any different then what we already knew? he is not changing his stance. There was never going to be a 2012 vehicle and 2013 would be sub vehicle most likely or something to guarantee the sales # they want.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

The original answer he gave sounded much more optimistic, more about the Wind Raider under performing and less about no vehicles anytime soon because of the Wind Raider. We know the dragon buck is taking up 2012 resources, so that has nothing to do with the WR.

I'm wondering if things have changed since then.

OK so since a 2013 sub gives you a vote for a character to be made I expect all you Illumina fans to buy subs
    I hope they do a thermometer for each character.

I think Illumina will end up winning this though.

I'm going to get a sub for 2013…Illumina will get my vote.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Between Geldor and Ilumina, Geldor is getting my vote.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    W-w-what? I thought the point was that there would only be one winner?
    i agree, it undermines the whole vote if they are going to make the others anyway. if a character doesn't win, they shouldn't be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    i agree, it undermines the whole vote if they are going to make the others anyway. if a character doesn't win, they shouldn't be made.
    I'm on a completely different boat. Tha fan's choice should be a vote about who gets done first and should in no way block other characters from that list from being made. And honestly I don't understand how anyone could see it differently. Just imagine if Illumina won the vote and Mattel said: "Well, now we'll make her, but everyone else on the list will never get a figure. Too bad for you Geldor fans. And too bad we put (insert another obscure fan-favourite) in the list. Tough luck!"
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Hordak.de is up.

Vehicles in a movie year? Uh oh...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Modulok

*ears perk up*

A skinny buck would definitely be a cool addition. There are quite a few figures that could use this including the ones you listed and others like Modulok and other vintage figures. If and when we get to these figures this is certainly something we can look into.

So wait, Modulok is theoretically going to be based on the slim torso vintage figure, while Grizzlor (who was also somewhat slim in the arms/legs) is bulked up with the basic MOTUC parts, and Leech (who was a little bulkier in the torso) was slimmed down into the basic MOTUC parts, are changed to fit the line's shared-parts needs? I'm confused.

I mean, I'm happy either way as long as he's made but still...

That answer about the vehicles is no good. Do over!
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Hordak.de is up.

With all the stuff planned for the movie year, that year is going to be massively heavy on the wallet.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Isn't this line like planned one year in advance so the Horsemen can sculpt the figures and or accessories required at a time?
    What do they mean that they don't know if the Keldor blades will be available to be shown at NTYF or SDCC?
    Also Boo! to the maybe in a movie year for vehicles!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Hordak.de is up.

Damn, that ****** me off. Why the hell can't they just add a vehicle to the sub instead of a beast/multi-pack? If they did, BAM!, enough to validate making a vehicle. Jesus . . .

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    So Fisto's fist is unintentionally removable? Looks like Mattel's bad QC actually benefits a figure for once.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Heroic Warrior
    From Mattel's point of view: Has the Wind Raider been a success and can we now expect more vehicles down the line, maybe for the beginning of 2013?

No, the Windraider only performed "okay" which makes it doubtful we would tackle another vehicle in the near future. Maybe in a movie year if the line goes wider.

Aaaand... In the "2012 is gonna be a great year" section... Another bad news ! Vehicles just went down the drain ! At first, it was "no vehicle in 2012". Now, it's "in a movie year" (just like Castle Grayskull). And "in a movie year", to me, just equals to "never". Because there's still no date planned for a MOTU movie release !

We'll need a lot of good news (and not only reveals-wise) at NYTF to reassure us. I hope people who have/had subs will have the certainty that the ongoing mess will be fixed once and for all. I also hope the figures that will be revealed are some fans favorites. We know Geoff's 30th annniversary fig will be shown, but that's hardly a requested figure so far. So I hope the 3 other figures revealed will be awesome and mindblowing...
    Last edited by Prahvus; February 4, 2012 at 03:01pm.

Oh well. As I doubt there will ever be a movie, I doubt there will ever be a Battle Ram. And even if there is a movie, it's just still just a 'maybe'.
    I don't know why they don't just add it to the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Oh well. As I doubt there will ever be a movie, I doubt there will ever be a Battle Ram. And even if there is a movie, it's just still just a 'maybe'.
    I don't know why they don't just add it to the sub.
    That is exactly what they should do!