Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.72!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.72!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 72 questions!

This round of questions were selected by masterenglish & Jon-O.
    Thanks to those fans for their help!

-------------------

1. sailoruranus: Customer service has always been bad but the last few months it seems like Digital River has completely stopped responding to emails and phone calls. What are fans supposed to do when they receive a defective figure and have gone for weeks without a response from Digital River?

This is absolutely unfortunate and we will pass this comment along to DR. Return call time should be within 48 hours and we will work hard to improve this.

2. slackrguy: I really enjoyed the Mad Matty Mondays in 2011 and the excitement of not knowing what I was going to get. With the 2012 subscriptions down, are those Mad Matty Mondays gone for good or just less probable?

That is still up in the air. We will have to see how well the 2012 items sell at an overall reduced quota.

3. carafa: Will there will be a female character among the six 30th anniversary characters?

That is yet to be revealed. We have not yet picked the winner of the new contest yet and there were many female entries! And we are not ready to give details on Geoff or Terry's character.

4. Jean: 2011 and 2012 has finally given us some brand new art for our beloved franchise. However most of it, if not all appears to be digital art. Has Mattel considered having someone create some brand new art with more traditional methods?

We are constantly looking at new artists and new platforms for art. Anything is possible!

5. Fabulous: If and when you get to Dragon Blaster Skeletor, will he have a tasseled loincloth (like the cardback) or the furry loincloth (like the vintage toy)?

Some fans have proposed a removable tasseled loincloth much like Fisto's new belt. A great suggestion and one we will look into for when and if we get to him.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 74!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 33.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 34.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 35.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 36.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 37.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 38.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 39.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 40.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 41.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 42.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 43.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 44.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 45.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 46.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 47.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 48.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 49.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 50.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 51.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 52.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 53.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 54.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 55.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 56.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 57.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 58.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 59.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 60.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 61.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 62.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 63.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 64.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 65.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 66.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 67.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 68.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 69.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 70.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 71.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 72 questions!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    3. carafa: Will there will be a female character among the six 30th anniversary characters?

That is yet to be revealed. We have not yet picked the winner of the new contest yet and there were many female entries! And we are not ready to give details on Geoff or Terry's character.
    Geoff's character is a guy...come on. Toyguru said they were going to give him He-Ro's loincloth, but Geoff had them change it to Man-E-Faces'. He's a guy!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Geoff's character is a guy...come on. Toyguru said they were going to give him He-Ro's loincloth, but Geoff had them change it to Man-E-Faces'. He's a guy!

Spectors twin brother!?

I think Skeletor variants should always use the 'tassled' briefs
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Once Geoff's figure comes into the fold, I expect sales to skyrocket. Even 1% of the millions of fans should be enough to put the MOTUC into overdrive.

Im a huge fan of Jim Lee or even Frank Quitely... if they designed a crap MotU character I wouldn't want to buy it...
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Once Geoff's figure comes into the fold, I expect sales to skyrocket. Even 1% of the millions of fans should be enough to put the MOTUC into overdrive.
    That's the catch with this. Geoff is being trust into a position of expectation, which I think can have unfair results. The reality is that his character isn't going to translate into a lot of extra sales or subscriptions (as we've already seen with the 30th anniversary subs).

But that's really not a reflection on him since he was asked to submit a character. So I think we should all take his character with a grain of salt if it does end up proving to be less than popular with fans everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    That's the catch with this. Geoff is being trust into a position of expectation, which I think can have unfair results. The reality is that his character isn't going to translate into a lot of extra sales or subscriptions (as we've already seen with the 30th anniversary subs).

But that's really not a reflection on him since he was asked to submit a character. So I think we should all take his character with a grain of salt if it does end up proving to be less than popular with fans everywhere.
    Oh yeah definitely. I was meaning that last post in a joke-y "Mattel is going a bit too far with those numbers!" kind of way.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    and plus....With the reduced 'amounts made' all the Geoff fans on 'Day Off' will count to diddly if the stock aint there!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    and plus....With the reduced 'amounts made' all the Geoff fans on 'Day Off' will count to diddly if the stock aint there!
    Based on what was said, I kind of got the impression that Mattel was hoping all these Geoff fans would get interested beyond his figure and sign up for the 2013 subscription.

Heroic Warrior
    1. sailoruranus: Customer service has always been bad but the last few months it seems like Digital River has completely stopped responding to emails and phone calls. What are fans supposed to do when they receive a defective figure and have gone for weeks without a response from Digital River?

This is absolutely unfortunate and we will pass this comment along to DR. Return call time should be within 48 hours and we will work hard to improve this.
    This answer is totally outrageous, and a slap in the fan's face ! It's like sayting : "Oh ! Poor little guy ! Since we don't give a flying **** about this, we'll pass this comment to those same people who didn't care enough to be efficient in the first place. They won't even move their pinkie to improve this, but don't worry: we'll work SO hard to improve this (just as hard as we did for the last 3 years, which didn't bring you any improvement, but who cares ?)..."

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    Well, it's a better answer than I expected. I expected the "we're constantly working with digital river to improve customer service. We'll have a major roll out to announce soon." You know, the SAME response they've been using since He-Man and Beastman were on sale.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    You're welcome, and thank you, Val!

I like these answers, and not just because I helped pick the questions!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Heroic Warrior

I hadn't even heard ToyGuru mentioned Johns' character yet- rumor has it that the character is, and I quote " a Green Lantern abortion mated with an 80's MOTU knock off".

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I hadn't even heard ToyGuru mentioned Johns' character yet- rumor has it that the character is, and I quote " a Green Lantern abortion mated with an 80's MOTU knock off".

Actually, that sounds like it could be really really good OR really really bad.

About the Mad Matty Mondays question, I can see them having some leftover stock to sell-off. Spector for sure seems to be destined for this. If these 30th anniversary figures tank, you could get half the line in a Mad Matty package, possibly. Or how about the Star Sisters and Spector.

But what about Shadow Weaver? How many people have actually dropped their sub? How many Shadow Weavers will there be leftover and what will Mattel do with them?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    This answer is totally outrageous, and a slap in the fan's face ! It's like sayting : "Oh ! Poor little guy ! Since we don't give a flying **** about this, we'll pass this comment to those same people who didn't care enough to be efficient in the first place. They won't even move their pinkie to improve this, but don't worry: we'll work SO hard to improve this (just as hard as we did for the last 3 years, which didn't bring you any improvement, but who cares ?)..."

And what would you have liked the response to be? The question wasn't about a specific situation (nor would I expect it to be as it's for a genralized Q&A) that could be addressed. What would have been an answer that would have satisfied you?

Now I'm off to calll DR about my missing Star Sisters from the sub, my UPS delivery confirmation says they arrived last Tuesday (the same day as my December sub figures were to be delivered and were).
    Last edited by cbomb23; February 2, 2012 at 04:33pm.

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    I did reveal that Geoff's character is a male on a recent Roast Gooble. He will be revealed at NYTF on the 12th (hopefully the Gooble will be posted by then or the info I give will be out of date!). Geoff's character (like Spector) is a childhood creation of Geoff's and trust me, it has zero to do with anything DC or Green Lantern. It actually feels a bit more MOTU then DC I think. But I will leave that to fans. Unlike Spector, Geoff actually had crayon drawings of his character from when he was 8 that he sent me. Terry used these drawings to create an updated look using shared MOTU parts. We sent Terry's drawing to Geoff who approved it with some comments (like swaping He-Ro's crotch for Man-E-Face's). After that it was sent to the Horsemen to sculpt.

I sent Geoff images of the Horsemen sculpt and paint master last week and his response was "OMG!!!!"
    I really thing Eric and CB knocked this one out of the park.

If the spoilers in the NYTF thread are true, it seems like this figure could be interesting.

Cool news about the potentially removable tassled loincloth for Skeletor. I hope it happens. I'm really looking forward to that variant.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm HIGHLY interested in seeing the rest of the 30th Anniversary characters. Also, yay @ remembering correctly!

I'm curious to see what The Mighty Spector's production figure will look like too. I hope they purple is the same colour! I want an extra of him to make a UK Horde Prime.

I will be able to display Lt. Spector AND The Mighty Spector on the same shelf too, because he can time travel, so it IS possible for him to be in two places at once! He can be his own sidekick in some adventures! I'm pretty sure Superman and Batman have done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Cool news about the potentially removable tassled loincloth for Skeletor. I hope it happens. I'm really looking forward to that variant.
    I agree! I wanted that since day 1 for Skeletor. I wish ALL the clothes that were removable on the 80's figures were removable on the MOTUC figures: capes, belts, pants, skirts, vests, crowns, etc. Being able to mix and match is most of the fun with MOTU and PoP. I think the Mix and Match thread shows people still LOVE doing that. It also makes figures a LOT easier to customize.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 2, 2012 at 06:51pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Being able to mix and match is most of the fun with MOTU and PoP. I think the Mix and Match thread shows people still LOVE doing that. It also makes figures a LOT easier to customize.
    It also allows for us to mix and match 2 or more figure for parts to make an error-free figure. Sometimes the figure is great but the belt might have a paint error on it. I have swapped parts between multiples of a figure to end up with one perfect one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    If the spoilers in the NYTF thread are true, it seems like this figure could be interesting.
    True, true.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    , it has zero to do with anything DC or Green Lantern.
    And MotU from what Im hearing... but I'll reserve my judgement till Ive sen the fig... after all, appearance is what makes up 70% of a MotU character IMO
    Last edited by oICEMANo; February 3, 2012 at 07:21am.
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I really hope they don't give Dragon Blaster Skeletor a "removable" tasseled loincloth. The one that comes with Fisto really looks bad to me. To me, that is a waste of money. Just give him the loincloth that the Original Skeletor wears, as it should be. If someone doesn't want to display him with a tassled loincloth, they can always switch bodies with Battle Armor Skeletor to give him the furry underwear look.