Thread: WTFWTK 2.74 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.74 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by FAKER II.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. slackrguy: Will the new saddle being introduced with the Griffin have a deeper indent for non-standard length loin cloths (i.e. King Grayskull, Hordak, Moss Man, etc.)?

2. krosfyah: If Granamyr is slated for a November/December release, can I ask why? Why not plan big releases for times of the year when there is less financial burden near the holiday season?

3. zodak74: When compared to the amount of accessories included in the Eternian Guard 2-pack, the Star Sisters had far less accessories per figure. Will we see future figure packs with more packed out accessories like the Guard 2-pack or will the Star Sisters 3-pack be closer to what will be done from here on out?

4. masterenglish: Many fans are concerned about the new MOTUC white mailer boxes being way too snug and damaging the packaging for mint-on-card collectors. Is this new mailer a permanent change, or can the mint-on-card fans hope to once again see their figures shipped in the prior, damage-reducing white box?

5. RockinHard: How would poor sales of Granamyr affect the line going forward? How would it effect bigger items, such as a more popular playset like Castle Grayskull? Would it also effect the chance of getting vehicles like the Battle Ram and Land Shark?

--------------

So ask those questions!

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Hi ToyGuru (or whoever answers these questions on his behalf ),

I got a question for ya! When you get to releasing the variants New Adventures Skeletor, and Laser Light Skeletor, would they be seperate SKU's or would they be regarded as one character? Personally, I would like 2 seperate releases, so that when you eventually get to New Adventures He-Man, and Laser-Power He-Man, they can have their shelf buddies. If the 2 Skellies were merged, then one of the HeMans would be lonely (also I am predicting you will release a 2pack of the Laser varinats (am I correct?)). PPS - hope my Create a Character wins the conteset!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Given recent difficulties relating to the Star Sisters 3-pack, is it safe to assume you won't be splitting costs again? It was a nice idea, but it was definitely more trouble than it was worth.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

What kind of sell out time would have been considered a 'raging success' for the WIND RAIDER? 1 day? 6 hours? 1 hour?
    Heroic Stone Mason of Castle Grayskull!

*edit - Came up with a question I liked better*

Is the Alcala style Skeletor head available for use with future Skeletor variants or is it limited to being an accessory with Demo Man?
    Last edited by slackrguy; February 6, 2012 at 07:30pm.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Hiya.
    Is possible We get Mantisaur for Hordack in Masters of The Universe Classic line? I think Mantisaur should be perfect bigger like Battle Cat, Panthor and Swift Wind
    HemanMantisaur1.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not sure if it's been asked, and I'm pretty sure I know the answer... but I see it popping up a lot lately, so may as well add it up here

We know that Sub exclusive and Convention exclusive figures will never be rereleased to the general public. We also know that the reissues have been drastically reduced... But what about the Matty versions of the Con figures?

Are Regular Orko, Non-tattoo He-ro and Capt Glenn available for Reissue treatment?

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Why is Digital River refunding people's money for faulty Wind Raiders instead of replacing them, when it was stated in the last Q & A that there was indeed CS stock to do replacements?

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    Given how badly things like Hurricane Hordak's vac-metal armor, and Snout Spouts foam trunk have performed, will you PLEASE stop doing stuff like this? It doesn't add that much to the figure, and when it turns out to be a terrible mistake (such as Snout Spouts trunk breaking after 3 months), it ruins the entire figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Is it possible that when you get to doing an Oo-Larr, You can use maybe Vikor or Sy-Klone or King Grayskull's face sculpt to help set him apart from the other He-Man face sculpt-sharing figures.
    Last edited by grenadaspice; February 9, 2012 at 11:25am.

We've seen Barbie and Ken in Toy Story, if another Toy Story movie were to be made could we see Classics He-Man and Skeletor in it?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    If it ever got to the point where it was just enough people in the subscription to keep the line going and there was fear we wouldn't finish the "road map" would you feel like you would have to pump out more vintage inspired figures? Not that I want this ....I personally want as many figures as possible and want the line to suceed for a long time. I'm just worried some of my childhood figures that I have more of a nostalgic connection with won't get made.

Anyways Thanks and keep pumping out the awesome figures!!!

Court Magician
    The Alcala Skeletor head met with great acclaim. Any chance we could see that as the head used for future Skeletor varients (Dragon Blaster or Terror Claws)?
    Tell me about the loneliness of good, He-Man. Is it equal to the loneliness of evil?

I must possess all, or I possess nothing!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I don't want to bruise a scraped Stridor, but ALL the Goddess' figure are defective! Most people's are broken and those that aren't will eventually break. Anyone paying attention to the discussion of the figure sees that this continues to happen. Offering refund isn't good enough for two reasons. first, some fans feel that a broken Goddess is better then no Goddess at all. Secondly, you still won't issue a refund for the cost of shipping. No matter what the customer is out one figure or eight dollars. That's a loose/loose situation. I understand that going back into production on a low selling figure is unwise from a business sense, but if Mattel offers Teela 1.0 year round like He-man, Skeletor Battle Cat and Panthor couldn't a small number of "Teela" figures be allocated a variant "slot" that could be offered to customers with a broken Goddess figure? This would be a good opportunity to use softer plastic in her outfit to improve the use of her outstanding articulation. It would go a long way to ease "fan relations" and it would look good from a PR angle that Mattel stands by its products. You'd could also take this opportunity to use the PoG logo on Goddess package for those without the sticker sheet and correct the bio's printing errors like her name and how much time has passed between King Grayskull and Prince Adam. If given enough lead time, Mattel could collect info (and returned figures) in order to calculate just how many Goddess need to be produced. Another option might be to make a brand new figure variant in the form of "Snake Teela" and offer a 2nd Goddess head with her. Doing all of the above would make even more money with minimal effort.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; February 12, 2012 at 02:35am.
    "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Will Frosta's face be resculpted before release, so that she resembles the cartoon model rather than a washed-up Hollywood starlet after sunbed abuse?

[And, if you say the sculpt is final, doesn't that mean she'll have the visible nipples of the prototype?]

Model sheet:

will Spikor get 2 heads?

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Considering that variants are now part of the figure distribution lore, would you guys ever consider releasing the Blue MerMan or the flesh colored Stratos as quarterly's? I managed to get Mermz in the TRU 2-Pack but I think it should definitely be put out there for subs and fans who had trouble getting these 2-packs from unavailability or from the hands of Hoarders. and check it I got 2 ways to can make these guys part of the canon...

Blue Merman: Can say that his color change is due to the age old theory of that waters of Rakkash have fallen to pollution and this has affected all sea life on a biological scale.

Flesh-color Stratos: This is actually Stratos' father who fought along side Oo-Lar (since we see this version in the early books) and this line of Avians actually lived in the warm Vine Jungle before Skeletor had Cygor dispatched there to take vengeance on them for protecting one of the halves of the Sword of Power. The Avians flee to the Mountains and due to the cooler climate causing...

Is it possible to get Horde Prime's staff released with the Horde Troopers as one of their weapons instead, if and when they are released? It was such a cool weapon and it would be a shame to see this thing completely lost!