Thread: Battleground Shadow Weaver support thread!

Hybrid View

Heroic Warrior

Battleground Shadow Weaver support thread!

With all the crazy prices going around on Evil-Bay for the crimson mistress at the moment I thought it might be nice to start a support thread for a variant of Shadow Weaver NOT identical to the one offered as the 2012 sub exclusive.

I start by proposing a second head:

therealsw.jpg

Post some ideas here of what you think would make this variant warranted.

Scott already said they will not make Shadow Weaver in any other form. She was the 2012 sub exclusive and thats that.
    So don't waste your time with this. Light spinner is on the table but no second Shadow Weaver head.

Unless the subscription model falls apart and Matty isn't looking to pull in subscribers in subsequent years, offering Shadow Weaver again in any form remotely similar to her real look doesn't make business sense. Mattel wants her to hit record high prices and stay up there so resellers buy in next year for subscription exclusive Ram Man.

I will only accept a naked Shadow Weaver MOTUC figure. In fact, if it isn't made, I'm quitting the line.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Unless the subscription model falls apart and Matty isn't looking to pull in subscribers in subsequent years, offering Shadow Weaver again in any form remotely similar to her real look doesn't make business sense. Mattel wants her to hit record high prices and stay up there so resellers buy in next year for subscription exclusive Ram Man.
    This.

On the one hand, since I usually subscribe, it doesn't affect me personally, but I hate that those who can't afford, or don't want every figure are getting shut out in the cold, so to speak. It's garbage.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    With all the crazy prices going around on Evil-Bay for the crimson mistress at the moment I thought it might be nice to start a support thread for a variant of Shadow Weaver NOT identical to the one offered as the 2012 sub exclusive.

therealsw.jpg

Interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I will only accept a naked Shadow Weaver MOTUC figure. In fact, if it isn't made, I'm quitting the line.
    If that happened I just might take a likeing to the character.

Closest thing we'll get are the 200x wraiths.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    On the one hand, since I usually subscribe, it doesn't affect me personally, but I hate that those who can't afford, or don't want every figure are getting shut out in the cold, so to speak. It's garbage.

Yea, but the unfortunate truth is that one feeds in to the other. Having her in the subscription served ONE real purpose and ONE only, to make you buy a sub.

They aren't doing it to **** people off or because they have nothing else to do. They want you to buy the sub. point blank. What better way to do that? Use a figure that every wants as the lure.

"If" they don't do things like that and appease every one, the result in turn only hurts them. Despite people saying that they could make a killing on her via sale day, I'm sure they crunched the numbers and it simply wasn't as profitable as most think vs. subs.

From a business perspective I can't blame them one bit. I'd also most certainly expect to see this as a trend to come with high demand figures as the exclusive. I'd bet that the days of a Bank Robber He-Man caliber figure are dead and over as "that" is like having no incentive at all.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Yea, but the unfortunate truth is that one feeds in to the other. Having her in the subscription served ONE real purpose and ONE only, to make you buy a sub.

They aren't doing it to **** people off or because they have nothing else to do. They want you to buy the sub. point blank. What better way to do that? Use a figure that every wants as the lure.

"If" they don't do things like that and appease every one, the result in turn only hurts them. Despite people saying that they could make a killing on her via sale day, I'm sure they crunched the numbers and it simply wasn't as profitable as most think vs. subs.

From a business perspective I can't blame them one bit. I'd also most certainly expect to see this as a trend to come with high demand figures as the exclusive. I'd bet that the days of a Bank Robber He-Man caliber figure are dead and over as "that" is like having no incentive at all.
    I agree completely, especially now that they have stated that MOTUC is moving even closer to being Sub-Only.

While I also hate that people who want Shadow Weaver but didn't subscribe will have a harder/more expensive process to acquire her, it's not as if everyone who knew about the Line prior to Sub Sales Cutoff didn't have a shot at getting her. It's not like Mattel held back Shadow Weaver's Suc Exclusive Reveal until after Sub Sales were over. (Can anyone imagine the uproar that would cause? Revealing the Exclusive after the point of no return?!) Anyone familiar with the particulars of MOTUC prior to the Cutoff had all the information and had to make a decision that best suited their circumstances, either:

A. Take the Sub & whatever may come with it to ensure a Shadow Weaver, or

B. Pass on the Sub & hope to get a decent deal for Shadow Weaver on the secondary market.

Everyone had to make their own decision regarding the matter along with dealing with the various repercussion of that decision.

Hopefully everyone that wants a Shadow Weaver can get her without being raked through the coals.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post

therealsw.jpg

if she came with legs & a skirt like Marlena, as a subscriber i would be ok with non-subscribers getting her.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Shadow Weaver reissue

I know it's a long shot (Like not likely to happen) because the original Shadow Weaver was the sub exclusive. I missed out on her because I couldn't afford a sub at the time. Now I wouldn't want them to rerelease her as she was for the sub, but since the mold is there they could release a new version as a quarterly variant. I'm thinking maybe a lighter red, closer to Catra, with newly colored accessories and I think giving her glow in the dark eyes would be really cool. It's my hope cause the secondary market prices are like "You may have this figure, but that means your rent must go unpaid Mwa ha ha ha!"

On a side note does anyone know what happens to, or if there is any CS stock for exclusives like Shadow Weaver and King He-Man?