Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battleground Shadow Weaver support thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    There actually are two or three viable variants for her that would allow Mattel to reuse the tooling.

I do want a Light-Spinner. I'd even take an alternate colored Shadow Weaver; maybe one in all black with the red emblem?

Or maybe an Empress Shadow Weaver for the classics canon when Skeletor defeats Hordak? She could oppose Skeletor for control of the Horde. She could resemble one of Emiliano's or Gbagok's concepts for Shadow Weaver.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/1...owweaverde.jpg

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/2...rdewizards.jpg
    Those concepts are exactling what I'm referring to, Thrawn. Empress Shadow Weaver is an awesome idea - I know some fans have seen her as a worther heir to Hordak (more so than Catra).
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I support the idea of a BG Shadow Weaver variant/redeco. Perhaps in the brighter Prototype colors to make her cartoon accurate. Swap her current accessories with two "shadow coils" that clip on to her arms (maybe a new open right hand). That way the Sub Weaver stays exclusive and everyone can get a Weaver... Just like they did with King Grayskull. The Santa Grayskull does not diminish the Original KG.
    true but KG was not a subscription exclusive either so it's like comparing apples & oranges when you compare KG to Shadow weaver.

KG was a SDCC exclusive and just as Orko had a Non SDCC version sold on matty KG version two was the the same thing an updated matty verson, also What about Queen Marlena & Capt Glenn another SDCC verson & Matty Version.

Subscription exclusives don't get reissued in alternet forms because then it takes away from the excusive.
    Wun-Dar, PE He-Man never got reissued nor have alternet versions of them been made, so why should Shadow Weaver be any Different?
    Last edited by mjw41; February 4, 2012 at 01:13pm.

I'd buy a Light Spinner with 2nd Shadow Weaver head. But she'd have to STILL be in Filmation colours. Anything else is a pass for me.

That way it still keeps the Sub figure 'exclusive' with the additional accessories and slight colour difference.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    true but KG was not a subscription exclusive either so it's like comparing apples & oranges when you compare KG to Shadow weaver.

KG was a SDCC exclusive and just as Orko had a Non SDCC version sold on matty KG version two was the the same thing an updated matty verson, also What about Queen Marlena & Capt Glenn another SDCC verson & Matty Version.

Subscription exclusives don't get reissued in alternet forms because then it takes away from the excusive.
    Wun-Dar, PE He-Man never got reissued nor have alternet versions of them been made, so why should Shadow Weaver be any Different?
    We have not gotten variants/alternate versions, YET. What's stopping Mattel from making a "Lightning Kick" (or whatever variant for) Wun-Dar or a Battleground Shadow Weaver to fill up a variant slot? Almost no new tooling and would probably go well with some fans.
    A "variant" of the Subscription exclusive does not really take away from the original... Unless Mattel does a straight up reissue. Now a straight up non-Sub reissue of Weaver would take away some of the flair from the original figure. (Not to mention an even bigger jerk move by Mattel than making SW a sub exclusive.) Heck I wouldn't be surprised if 2013 has Orange Ram man as the exclusive and 2014 has Red Ram Man as a Battleground variant.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Yeah i have zero interest in this. I mean i get the sub, so it doesn't affect me, but I don't want to spend extra tooling and take away a slot for an uninteresting variant of a figure. Rather spend the extra tooling dollars on a brand new figure and just spend the money to buy the figure on the second market. Or just get the sub.

If they were to do this, I'd expect the same treatment as king Grayskull and wonder bread He-man, a repaint in slightly lighter colors, but NOT pink, that additional head sounds like a good addition.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Shadow Weaver is one of my all time favorite characters but I am not in favor of getting ANY variants of figures who have just been (or are not even YET) released, regardless of how much I love them. Light Spinner, down the line, would be a different story.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I wouldn't really care for a BGSW, but I'd take Light Spinner Beatrice with a "changed" SW head.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    How would this be a variant? O only see some minute color differences.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    How would this be a variant? O only see some minute color differences.
    she would be in the lighter color like the prototype/yellow skin/gold belt then the club figure would still be unique but fan's of Shadow Weaver who did not get a sub would get something close to it and they can give her the transforming head as a extra so that the book and wand are club only

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I just – only about an hour ago – opened my sub Shadow Weaver, and she is FANTASTIC! Amazing job on her. Love love love LOVE her.

That said... I would buy ANY type of variant Shadow Weaver in a heartbeat. Really, I would.

And this...
    she would be in the lighter color like the prototype/yellow skin/gold belt then the club figure would still be unique but fan's of Shadow Weaver who did not get a sub would get something close to it and they can give her the transforming head as a extra so that the book and wand are club only
    ...I think would be ideal. But only if this variant SW was released no sooner than say at least 2 years from now, otherwise yeah... for reasons already stated earlier, no sooner.
    – No comment.

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    I signed up for a sub for the first time this year (mainly because I didn't know the Classics line EXISTED prior to last summer) and while I don't have my SW yet, I'd gladly get a 200x variant version or Light Spinner, whatever. I don't have an issue with the figure being generally available at a later date, with or without minor modifications. I know that would rub some people the wrong way but that's just my two cents.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I wouldn't really care for a BGSW, but I'd take Light Spinner Beatrice with a "changed" SW head.
    Same here and hopefully the second head is what she looks like under that hood and not just another SW head.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I would take the Horde Empress version, as well as a black repaint. I would also take a light spinner beatrice as well.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    With all the crazy prices going around on Evil-Bay for the crimson mistress at the moment I thought it might be nice to start a support thread for a variant of Shadow Weaver NOT identical to the one offered as the 2012 sub exclusive.

I start by proposing a second head:

Attachment 72630

Post some ideas here of what you think would make this variant warranted.
    if she came with legs & a skirt like Marlena, as a subscriber i would be ok with non-subscribers getting her.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

I'm all up for a Light Spinner but I don't think they will ever do another Shadow Weaver and rightfully so. She's a sub exclusive and if you want her then you either buy a sub or pay a fortune on the secondary market.

Would love a Light Spinner though.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    That's it!

Support the Shadow Weaver variant poll for people who can't afford a regular one:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...02#post3030102
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Shadow Weaver reissue

I know it's a long shot (Like not likely to happen) because the original Shadow Weaver was the sub exclusive. I missed out on her because I couldn't afford a sub at the time. Now I wouldn't want them to rerelease her as she was for the sub, but since the mold is there they could release a new version as a quarterly variant. I'm thinking maybe a lighter red, closer to Catra, with newly colored accessories and I think giving her glow in the dark eyes would be really cool. It's my hope cause the secondary market prices are like "You may have this figure, but that means your rent must go unpaid Mwa ha ha ha!"

On a side note does anyone know what happens to, or if there is any CS stock for exclusives like Shadow Weaver and King He-Man?