Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 072 Discussion!

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 072 Discussion!

Episode 072 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples and Danielle Gelehrter are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode we discuss the 2011 fan poll discussion (for the 2013 subscription slot)
    and fan e-mail covering such topics as
    She-Ra's transormation,
    Lightsaber VS Sword of Power,
    Mantisaur,
    drinking problems,
    Danielle's bed time stories,
    displeased Kit Kat,
    MOTU music,
    Power-Con VS SDCC,
    MOTU commercials,
    3-headed figure,
    custom action-figures,
    Val's real voice,
    Emiliano's Homecoming comic,
    SDCC Fan Get-together,
    Earth and Eternia,
    unpainted MOTUC faces,
    return of the mini-comics
    and your likeness on a figure.

MOTUC bios discussed in this show:
    (none)

MOTUC figures discussed in this show:
    none

Intro/Outro info:
    (none)

Plus, fellow He-Fan josh on the forums has created this fantastic Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations which contains a ton of info about the show, with all the info about the Fanart, Fansites and Collectibles of the week, along with links to sites and user profiles of interest, and also details on how to contact the show with your feedback. Be sure to check that out!

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Matt Tyree also know as Tyree on the forums. Matt is commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.tyreeonline.com

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Runtime: 1 hour, 31 minutes, 11 seconds

Direct link for Episode 072

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Link no work.

Or does it take a little bit to be ready?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

No gooble for you!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Weird, I just finished listening to it. The Link worked when I clicked on it earlier and everything loaded. But after seeing these last 2 posts, I went and tried it again, and it's not working now.

EDIT: It looks like it must be an issue with Gooble in general, not just this episode. I just went to click on Episode 71, which I haven't listened to yet, and it's not working either.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; February 5, 2012 at 12:33am.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

sometimes it only downloads 140kb and says its complete, I kept trying the links and eventually got them to download properly - perhaps the server was overloaded

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    It works now! I just downloaded it. Got this episode of Gooble on deck after I'm done listening to the new MOTU Chronicles 2011 retrospective MOTUC year in review which is also a must listen! Love the year in review episodes. Gotta appreciate everything we've gotten so far.

I listened to the "firing squad" episode 71, but I don't have the mini comic and havent seen it yet so I gotta re-listen to that one once I get it. Keep em coming!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Really nice episode. With just Penny and Val it wasnt that exhausting to listen to, for someone whos first language isnt english ;-)
    I personally would like to have a head of mine on a figure, but just for me, not for sale!
    Also i bet someone already tried voodoo on Lt.Spector, lol! Poor Scott. It really evolved into a love-hate relationship between the fans and him.
    Hope that mood will decline over time. With such a great fandom its really too bad .

The Filmation music has got nothing, NOTHING on the German audiplay music!

It was a little strange hearing only the two of you on RGD this week. Kitkat seemed to be auditioning to be a permament member of the discussion though.

I wish Toyguru would be more willing to work with you guys more, especially on the minicomics. To me it seems like involving MVCreations on those would have been the perfect choice, but oh well. Maybe the next MOTU brand manager will be more willing to accept your help.

Oh, and Penny - Glasgow is pronounced Glazz-Go, not Glass-Gow.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Thats so true and here is an example :

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Thats so true and here is an example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeW4Gux5OnY
    6:17 is sooo EPIC, I always played with my figures with that tune in mind
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

What piece did you post, Jim? GEMA does not allow me the listen to that video...

What piece did you post, Jim? GEMA does not allow me the listen to that video...
    Thats a bunch of themes edited together from that guy. I knew that we germans couldnt listen to our own stuff, insane. I would pay for the Score, but they are not willing to puplish it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    I personally would like to have a head of mine on a figure, but just for me, not for sale!
    Jim, have you ever seen this?

**Please keep links to items for sale in the Marketplace. Thanks! **
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Wow! But man thats not cheap. Awesome ,though.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I third the comments on SDCC and Power-Con.

For the most part, I've only ever attended SDCC for He-Man & She-Ra (+bonus my fave show Psych usually has a panel). But otherwise I am just standing around waiting for lunch and dinner.

Power-Con is a great experience for the fans and no one should miss it!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I guess you had to group up with it. It's cool music, but to me it sounds like most of the music you'd hear as a background score in a Disney or fantasy film.
    that's not a bad thing, but it doesn't feel distinctly MOTU to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I third the comments on SDCC and Power-Con.

For the most part, I've only ever attended SDCC for He-Man & She-Ra (+bonus my fave show Psych usually has a panel). But otherwise I am just standing around waiting for lunch and dinner.

Power-Con is a great experience for the fans and no one should miss it!
    Jon speaketh the wisdom. Plus a little birdy told me on Saturday night if TheShadow crosses your path, you might benefit from it!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I guess you had to group up with it. It's cool music, but to me it sounds like most of the music you'd hear as a background score in a Disney or fantasy film.
    that's not a bad thing, but it doesn't feel distinctly MOTU to me.
    Well, the Filmation music s cool, but to me it sounds like a standard cartoon background score. That's not a bad thing, but it doesn't feel distinctly MOTU to me.

Nothing sends shivers down my spine like the Masters of the Universe theme from the audioplays.

It comes all down to what your first contact to a franchise is.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post

Oh, and Penny - Glasgow is pronounced Glazz-Go, not Glass-Gow.
    Ah, cool! Thanks for the correction!

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Val, you and Danielle had far too much fun during this podcast!
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Another good show. Do you folks have anything special planned for ToyFair?

It comes all down to what your first contact to a franchise is.
    True enough.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Another good show. Do you folks have anything special planned for ToyFair?
    Similar to last year: photos and interview clips.

Thanks for all the good things you all say about me. As for my email to you folks, I meant every sappy word.

See y'all in July!
    I want my other half.

another great show! ...

i thought the .org poll was great (re: new character creation) - i'm just not really into the idea of 'new' characters being introduced in MOTUC

i'm not really a fan of creating new characters in the franchise (i know it helps the line/property grow) and i'm only really interested in 'my' MOTU - what i already have in 'my' canon ...

and val - i agree with your opinions on the suggested expansion of the new mini-comics; with them being so closely connected to the MOTUC bio's, i have no real interest in them because i don't read the bio's ... when i get my figures, i speed-read them then throw out the box! ... not meant as an attack on the bio's/narrative, they're just not for me ...
    Last edited by tmc1984; February 7, 2012 at 03:55pm.
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Warrior
    my (very) slow journey to get caught up begins.

Thanks sir and muh-dam. Even though there was only two of you this was a fun and funny show to listen to.

star wars vs Masters. I've never given it any thought. first of all why not? we had Dc vs masters. Emporer Palpatine vs. Horday or Boba Fett vs. Two-Badd chewbacca vs. Grizzlor Tytus vs. Rancor Monster Yoda meeting the sorceress

As for the fights themselves I'm not sure. Could a masters universe character dodge or stop Palpatine Force Lightning? Could a masters universe character dodge or stop vader's force choking abilities? could any masters of the universe character land a blow/attack on a jedi or sith lord? another character would be different.

Now that I think about it does any of the masters universe characters have a weapon or vehicle to stop, say, an X-Wing. An AT-AT? AT-ST? Y-Wing?

Val's real voice. As much as I like movie phone voice val real voice val is 10 million times better. oh and HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ! breathe HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! it sounded like part kermit and part gomer pyle.

painted/unpainted faces. I've always figured it was part money issue and part fan demand.

not sure I would want my face/likeness on any kind of figure. part creepy and part self concious.

additional:I knew I'd remember something as soon as I post this.

Mini comics.1. couldn't the mini comics have general enough plot to where it's not centered around the bio?
    2. correct me if I'm wrong but haven't you said a few times JVS3 that you wound want a comic to explain the character?

I guess you could combine the two. part origin part adventure. a team up if you will.

Additional part:forgot something again
    It's funny when I listen to this because the sign up dates for the 2013 sub has been announced. And every 2013 sub you buy allows you to vote in the fan demanded choice poll. and the poll you talked about was to determin He-Man.org's choice for that poll.
    Last edited by midor; July 4, 2012 at 08:24pm. Reason: forgot to add something part 2