Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No More Vehicles - "Maybe in a movie year"

The Battle Ram is an essential vehicle and would sell, doubtlessly. They could also reuse it for sky sleds. The Land Shark would also undoubtedly do well - can you imagine how badass that thing would be sculpted by the Horsemen?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Guys, thanks for support! I am a MOTU/NA and even some of the 200X vehicle lover. My collection will never be complete without at least all the vintage vehicles re-designed for MOTUC! I want the vehicles more than Castle Grayskull and I agree with many of your posts. Just wanted to contribute to the thread - I do not fully understand the situation with vehicles in MOTUC either. I hope to see the day when a Fright Fighter (and all the other vehicles) is released in MOTUC line!

Heroic Warrior
    To me it is Roton. It is the Evil Warriors companion piece to the Wind Raider.

Attak Trak = Land Shark
    Blaster Hawk = Fright Fighter

If they give us one, they should logically give us the other. A MOTUC line with no evil vehicle is a travesty in my mind.

I am fairly sure other very recognized vehicles would sell as much as Wind Raider. However if minimum stock didn't sell well, I can understand them getting cold feet.

I think Skysled would be logical thing to do, I think most people really want that over whole Battleram, plus they could keep price lower. I think doing that would probably be cheaper to do than WindRaider was, and more likely to sell well with lower price point.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post
    Attachment 72672

If large and middlesize Vehicles are not possble, they should give us the sky sled!
    That's what i think too!

Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post
    Attachment 72672

If large and middlesize Vehicles are not possble, they should give us the sky sled!
    Said this from the beginning! Give us just the Sky Sled! It can be reissued and repainted green like in the Filmation series for the Villains! Sell it for $25 to $30. This is something people want!

As for the WR not selling as they like? 3 days to sell out a toy is not BAD! Mattel have gotten spoiled by the quick sell out on some items! Again 3 days did not hurt when you were selling a $45 plus shipping of $12 dollars during a month where people did NOT have the money to spend!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Honestly

If it was such a gamble to release the Wind Raider I wish they would have just not done it at all. I don't want one vehicle and an ocean of figures. Without other vehicles it will eventually seem out of place. I love the Wind Raider and nobody that I can recall has really had anything negative to say about it. This cannot be said with some of the figures they have produced.

Having one vehicle is stupid. If the tooling was too much they should have known ahead of time the risks involved in making it. They had to have known that the reuse value would be low. It sold out in 3 days so seriously Mattel stop crying about it. You made your money and I am positive there was decent profit. If you under priced it don't punish us by never finished what was started.

If this line ends prematurely because of the way Mattel handled it I will stop collecting Masters of The Universe. I have been loyal to every version of this property as have the majority of people here. 200X was an incomplete line and it still bothers me. If the same happens with MOTUC, which we all know has been a success so far, then Mattel can count me out of any future versions of the MOTU property. I'm not going to start collecting another new release version of these same characters. This is it as far as I am concerned.

I hate saying these things. I hate seeing all the doom and gloom and line is ending posts but there is a reason these reactions are suddenly popping up around here more frequently. Matty learn what your fans really want and make it. If you release a bunch of stuff fans don't want and then never release to the things we do want you can expect to be seeing a much angrier and fed up fanbase.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    The Battle Ram is an essential vehicle and would sell, doubtlessly. They could also reuse it for sky sleds. The Land Shark would also undoubtedly do well - can you imagine how badass that thing would be sculpted by the Horsemen?
    Totally 100% what you just said there.

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    A MOTUC line with no evil vehicle is a travesty in my mind.
    Also very true!
    Last edited by Hordak; February 5, 2012 at 08:41pm.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

http://he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2359

The exact quotes from TG are...

"The Windraider actually only performed "okay" for us and therefore we have no plans for more vehicles in the near future.There is just too much tooling involved that is a one time use."

"No, the Windraider only performed "okay" which makes it doubtful we would tackle another vehicle in the near future. Maybe in a movie year if the line goes wider."

I'm not defending Mattels choice of words here BUT a vehicle was never expected this year, i.e. the near future. This isn't a surprise to me that this has been said. What is surprising is the new disclaimer "maybe in a movie year".

Honestly though, I'm almost relieved that they're not doing another one anytime soon what with Granamyr coming at the end of the year. Vehicles take up A LOT more space than figures. At this point, I'd like to see the Battle Ram made since its been shown. People are frothing at the mouth for it. It'd be a money maker. You do a blue one for the heros and a green one for the baddies. An easy repaint that would sell well.

Or like someone else suggested, offer just the Sky Sled...blue for the good guys and green for the bad guys. I'd buy at least one of each color.
    Last edited by chuc98; February 5, 2012 at 10:12pm.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Stridor = Nightstalker
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post

Honestly, without the possibility of playsets and now vehicles, my interest in MOTUC has plummeted. I'll stick it out with my 2012 sub, but I won't resub next year, and only cherry pick the few vintage characters I still want.
    That's pretty much how I feel. That, QC problems, and the hassle of returns were the factors in my decision to drop MOTUC.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Heroic Warrior
    I don't know why matty is saying the wind raider under performed. It's a non-living object, it can't perform because it can't do anything. That implies the customers under performed which is an insult. It's not our job to purchase the toys, it's mattels job to sell them. If the item sold out, mattel got their profit, three days, one days, it makes no difference they sold then numbers they produced. The only explanation is logistics. Someone didn't anticipate the numbers they needed or underestimated the tooling cost and didn't adjust the sale price accordingly. Mattel do your job. Rework the numbers, find out a better price for a vehicle, and pitch it to the fans. I thought 45 for the windraider was underpriced. I would've happily paid 50-60 dollars for it. Once you got the numbers figured out work it into the sub and vehicles will be safe from there on out. Or better yet make vehicles a sub exclusive. You get the guaranteed numbers without having to over produce.

I MUST have The Battle Ram. Roton just isnt that cool.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Only in a movie year????.....then never comes to mind, or so it would seem, or at least not be anytime soon.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I understand everyones point about wanting more Vehicles, I want them too and yes originally Scott said no vehicle for 2012 but maybe 2013.
    Now the statement is it would take a movie year. Well I'm not going to lay the blame on Scott for this. The statement changed because Upper Management had to have told Scott No more Vehicles unless it's a movie year which brings in more money. Mattel upper management sees the wind Raider as a one time tooling and has no shared parts with anything else in the line at this time so it's costly for them to make and it took too long to sell out for them.

Now you can say they can make an Ice raider or water raider out of it , but lets be honest if it were just a straight up repaint no one would buy it.
    This would take new tooled parts to make it a new vehicle thus costing mattel more money to tool those parts which they aren't going to do. The movie seems to be moving along better than before by whats printed on line, so who knows maybe by 2014 the movie will be out and we could get Castle Grayskull and another vehicle.
    Last edited by mjw41; February 6, 2012 at 12:23am.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Uh, TG said there would not be any vehicles in 2012, maybe 2013. Welcome to a month ago and he never said in a movie year.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Uh, TG said there would not be any vehicles in 2012, maybe 2013. Welcome to a month ago and he never said in a movie year.
    Uh, welcome to today's latest news...

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Uh, welcome to today's latest news...

But he says that all of the time. "In a movie year" really means, "Stop asking me this question because I am tired of it and I am done answering it but I will get in trouble if I tell you to go **** yourself."
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Well, this would be upper managements decision, not Scott's.
    When he said not in 2012 but maybe in 2013, he was probably hoping to get UM to consider the possibillity and they said no more unless it's a movie year.

To be honest, and this is just my personal opinion, I am not disappointed that No more vehicles are coming.
    I came into this line because I was happy that the action figures of my childhood were coming back.
    I never expected to see anything past figures and was surprised the cats were done.
    I didn't buy the windraider, the only MOTUC item I didn't buy.
    I just don't have the extra cash for vehicles or room and I was worried vehicles would be thrown into the sub too.

I would probably not buy any vehicles unless they included the unproduced drivers.
    Probably the only thing I would buy,that is not a figure is Castle Grayskull.

This is just my opinion.
    I am sorry that the people who want vehicles are not getting them, but I am just saying that we should be happy we have the figures and this line.

When 200x ended it looked like A new line was far off, then MOTUC popped up and brought MOTUC back with some TOTALLY AWESOME sculpts.
    I will be happy with what ever we get out from this line, if it ends before everyone is made, I won't be mad, I would be happy that I was at least able to get a little piece of MOTU again.
    Last edited by Mye-Kah B; February 6, 2012 at 01:07am.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzysim3 View Post
    I don't know why matty is saying the wind raider under performed. It's a non-living object, it can't perform because it can't do anything. That implies the customers under performed which is an insult. It's not our job to purchase the toys, it's mattels job to sell them. If the item sold out, mattel got their profit, three days, one days, it makes no difference they sold then numbers they produced. The only explanation is logistics. Someone didn't anticipate the numbers they needed or underestimated the tooling cost and didn't adjust the sale price accordingly. Mattel do your job. Rework the numbers, find out a better price for a vehicle, and pitch it to the fans. I thought 45 for the windraider was underpriced. I would've happily paid 50-60 dollars for it. Once you got the numbers figured out work it into the sub and vehicles will be safe from there on out. Or better yet make vehicles a sub exclusive. You get the guaranteed numbers without having to over produce.
    Well Scott cleared up the 'underperforming" thing, and essentially yeah they blame us. they expected it to sell out in less than a day (unrealistic given the price point and timing of the release) to justify to upper management that vehicles are worth investing in even if it's a one time tool (you see upper management is packed with FULL TIME tools so they prefer their own*) we didn't start riots to get the toy, we bought it civilly and that convince upper management that vehicles are a bad idea. to me it's still unrealistic on their part, but that's the truth of it.

*sorry the joke was just hanging there, ripe for the picking I had to take it!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Mattel shouldn't blame the fans for Wind Raider not selling that well. If anything, they should blame themselves for picking Wind Raider first. Even as a kid, I thought the Wind Raider was the most boring vehicle in the entire line. They should have released Battle Ram first. It would have been an easy sell, and they could have turned around and made an evil variant of it.

I do hope they change their mind on this, as it's a bad decision to stop making Vehicles. At the first least, they should make on for the evil warriors. I hate sounding negative, but this type of thing is what will hurt sales in the long run.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; February 6, 2012 at 02:44am.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    My collection will never be complete without at least all the vintage vehicles re-designed for MOTUC! I want the vehicles more than Castle Grayskull and I agree with many of your posts.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this line will definitely not be complete for you. I think we may still get that Battle Ram but that's it.

We will not be getting "all the vintage vehicles re-designed for MOTUC" before this line ends.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I MUST have The Battle Ram. Roton just isnt that cool.
    Boo! Roton or bust!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this line will definitely not be complete for you. I think we may still get that Battle Ram but that's it.

We will not be getting "all the vintage vehicles re-designed for MOTUC" before this line ends.
    Yes, I think I know that. ... it is just my dreams ...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Boo! Roton or bust!
    No kidding, Roton is AWESOME!!!!

Wouldn't including vehicles in the sub solve all the issues Mattel has with vehicles? Just like all the other skus?
    Awesome sticker included!