Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: No More Vehicles - "Maybe in a movie year"

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Don't worry...the people that are saying would've paid more are the minority...
    If the WR was priced at $5-$10 more...the WR would've been considered less than "okay" even though profits would've been up.
    Mattel would be wise not to listen to these loud minorities. They know what they're doing.

It's a see-saw that they have to get right in the middle. Too expensive = greater profits per item but less will be sold...Too cheap and more will be sold but less profits. They know the middle ground...they've been around the block more than once.
    you're right. But reading those posts I just pictured Scott with Scrooge McDuck dollar signs flashing in his eyes!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    you're right. But reading those posts I just pictured Scott with Scrooge McDuck dollar signs flashing in his eyes!
    LOL...going swimming in the giant Mattel money-pool.

If anything, the 4H/Mattel should be proud that they put out a product that people feel was well worth the price.

I agree, I mean yeah it didn't meet the time frame they hoped, but it was received with unanimous praise upon revealing. and we DID buy them all in a pretty good time frame. if it was a movie it would be considered a blockbuster opening. they should look at THAT success rather than their hoped for time frame. (which maybe they are hence the 2nd run announcement)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Give us the battle ram!!!!............

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I agree that the problem can be solved with some creativity
    The Water Rider is a good idea (of several possible). It could come with a repaint of the regular Wind Raider pilot.
    Just do something like this and be done with it

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...0&d=1329060100

Where is that illustration from? Would love to see more from this artist so I can get some more ideas for MOTUC custom figures to add to my shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Where is that illustration from? Would love to see more from this artist so I can get some more ideas for MOTUC custom figures to add to my shelf.
    It's all mine
    You can check the album in my signature for more stuff like that.

Heroic Warrior
    It's all mine
    You crafty devil you!

It's all mine
    WOW!! Just had a look thru your albums... you do some STUNNING work Emiliano!!!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I was really hoping I'd see a Land Shark out of this line, but that doesn't look to be in the cards. Given how much Mattel is squawking about The WR performance and it's inability to be reused (even when there are ways to make it do it as we have seen) I'm not confident it will ever happen.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

Battle-Ram! Battle-Ram!
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    I despise the line, "maybe in a movie year", because it will be no different than what Hasbro does with G.I. Joe - any new vehicles or playsets produced will be thrown into the new brand packaging and possibly reflect the new movie designs. And given what Mattel has done for their other movie lines, the new vehicles and playsets will be uninspired drivel. The 200x vehicles were pretty bad. No movie year packaging for classics! No!

Heroic Warrior
    It's all mine
    Hehe, wanna do one in black?

I think one done in black and red, and a new set of wings would be a perfect refresh for the Evil Warriors. I think it would be odd if they were identical, but if they could change the shape of the wings to a more sinister shape I'd buy three.

That said, I dearly want them to do a Sky Sled next. It's the only vehicle I really remember them using on the show, and it is one of my top MOTU childhood memories. I really wanted one when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by EatTheseCrackers View Post
    I despise the line, "maybe in a movie year", because it will be no different than what Hasbro does with G.I. Joe - any new vehicles or playsets produced will be thrown into the new brand packaging and possibly reflect the new movie designs. And given what Mattel has done for their other movie lines, the new vehicles and playsets will be uninspired drivel. The 200x vehicles were pretty bad. No movie year packaging for classics! No!
    this was not done with dcuc when superman returns, batman begins, tdk, or green lantern were released. all of those movies had separate toy lines.

similarly, hasbro has marvel universe line, spiderman line, and now marvel legends line which are all separate from their movie lines.