Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He-Ro and He-Ro, II are the same guy?

He-Ro and He-Ro, II are the same guy?

Now that the Son of He-Man (SOHM) era is official, we know that Dare will be He-Ro, II. With all the time traveling going on, is it possible that He-Ro, II is actually the same guy as the original He-Ro? Some fans are complaining of how He-Ro meets his fate in the new mini comics. Such an end could be justified by a long and illustrious career that came before:

Chapter 1:
    King Adam (He-Man) discovers young Dare and adopts him. Dare eventually becomes He-Ro, and has many adventures on Eternia, fighting against Skeletor and other evil forces.

Chapter 2:
    Dare is recruited by the Cosmic Enforcers to thwart the machinations of a being that designates himself "Horde Supreme". Horde Supreme seeks to change the past so that the Horde Empire isn't destroyed. Horde Supreme escapes to the distant past, with Dare pursuing him. Horde Supreme expands the influence of the infant Horde World he had founded, expanding the Horde Empire. Dare, having been bestowed the Sword of He, gains many allies as he fights against the Horde. In a fateful clash, Horde Supreme is caught in one of his techno-spells, a spell he had hoped to use on He-Ro, his mortal enemy. The techno-spell splits Horde Supreme into 2 beings - Horde Prime and Hordak. The cosmic battles rage on.

Chapter 3:
    Having been infected with a technorganic virus by Horde Prime, and banished through a vortex that Hordak had discovered, He-Ro emerges on Eternia, and is cured by Eldor. Eldor trains He-ro to become the Most Powerful Wizard in the Universe. Hordak comes to Eternia in the pursuit of He-Ro, and the Powers of Grayskull era plays out.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    How do we know Dare becomes He-Ro?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I doubt it's the same person. He-ro in the past died. There is no doubt about that anymore.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I doubt it's the same person. He-ro in the past died. There is no doubt about that anymore.
    what mykan wrote has He-Ro going to the past from the future in pursuit of Horde Supreme thus remaining there during the 1st Ultimate Battleground.

This is a great idea for He-Ro mykan! I too had a similar view of PoG He-Ro and Dare He-Ro being the same. (I roughly thought this out for the MOTUC bios, still have holes to fill in since I haven't read them all - not a big fan of those). I had He-Ro get stuck in the past after an epic battle with Spector, now called the Mad Spector who had since turned evil, his mind poisoned by the constant use of the vortex suit and time travel. Using the original cosmic key and his wrist key, he plots to bring chaos to the universe by altering time without order. In this epic battle, TMS kills his best friend, SLL and has King He-Man, Sorceress and others trapped in time displacement "prisons" and thus Dare is the last hope for the universe. In this new dark time, Dare realizes his destiny and becomes He-Ro (the sword recognizing it's wielder from the past). Realizing who he is (from UB1) Spector seeks to banish He-Ro away from Eternia to alter history. In this struggle, He-Ro chases Spector through time and space, concluding their battle on Trolla where Spector eventually dies and both keys are destroyed. Stuck in Trolla, He-Ro becomes a great wizard and helps the Trollans in their great struggle against Horde Prime where these events lead him back to Eternia with amnesia and completing his legend full circle as the adopted son of He-Man who brings forth the power to the bloodline of Grayskull....Just rough thoughts of this particular era for MOTUC.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Quote Originally Posted by mykan View Post
    Now that the Son of He-Man (SOHM) era is official, we know that Dare will be He-Ro, II. With all the time traveling going on, is it possible that He-Ro, II is actually the same guy as the original He-Ro? Some fans are complaining of how He-Ro meets his fate in the new mini comics. Such an end could be justified by a long and illustrious career that came before:

Chapter 1:
    King Adam (He-Man) discovers young Dare and adopts him. Dare eventually becomes He-Ro, and has many adventures on Eternia, fighting against Skeletor and other evil forces.

Chapter 2:
    Dare is recruited by the Cosmic Enforcers to thwart the machinations of a being that designates himself "Horde Supreme". Horde Supreme seeks to change the past so that the Horde Empire isn't destroyed. Horde Supreme escapes to the distant past, with Dare pursuing him. Horde Supreme expands the influence of the infant Horde World he had founded, expanding the Horde Empire. Dare, having been bestowed the Sword of He, gains many allies as he fights against the Horde. In a fateful clash, Horde Supreme is caught in one of his techno-spells, a spell he had hoped to use on He-Ro, his mortal enemy. The techno-spell splits Horde Supreme into 2 beings - Horde Prime and Hordak. The cosmic battles rage on.

Chapter 3:
    Having been infected with a technorganic virus by Horde Prime, and banished through a vortex that Hordak had discovered, He-Ro emerges on Eternia, and is cured by Eldor. Eldor trains He-ro to become the Most Powerful Wizard in the Universe. Hordak comes to Eternia in the pursuit of He-Ro, and the Powers of Grayskull era plays out.
    While bizarre and a bit outlandish.....I really like the idea! Son teaching the Father kinda thing. The only problem I see is the power sword. You would thnk Dare would probably have the Adam/He-man sword more than likely. Why would he go back in time with out it or was it lost and than he had to rediscover it?

I've thought for a while now that they would be the same He-ro. I also wonder if Dare is adopted and if so are his parents She-ra and Sea hawk of Skeletor and Evil-Lynn?

Quote Originally Posted by mykan View Post
    Having been infected with a technorganic virus by Horde Prime, and banished through a vortex that Hordak had discovered, He-Ro emerges on Eternia, and is cured by Eldor.
    This is probably right - Toyguru's already added Deadpool to the MOTU universe so he's equally capable of turning He-Ro into Cable.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    IN ORDER TO CLARIFY:

He-Ro
    He was instructed by Eldor (also by Goddess and Oracle in the actual retcon) to become the Most Powerful Wizard of the Universe. He could ever be the lost brother of King Grayskull apparently devoured by King Hiss.

Dare
    Dare, a Tarzan-like "wild child" becomes the adopt son of He-man. He is capable to access to the Power of Grayskull, so probably he is the real son of Adam or a grayskull descendant.

He was named He-Ro in order to use an unused registred name. Thatīs all. He is more the new He-Man than He-Ro.

HE-RO and DARE arenīt the same person.

Last edited by Snake Hunter; June 28, 2012 at 06:02am.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    I always thought it was possible that the 2 He-Ro's are the same. TG recently stated there was a lot more to He-Ro (Ro's) past than had beeen revealed, and He-Ro (Dare's) storyline takes place bang in the middle of the era coined the time wars. I think it is very possible...

but..then, you ask...why would He-Ro (I) not remember his childhood as Dare from the future?

The answer may lie in Horde Prime's Bio -

HORDE PRIME (Supreme Ruler of the Horde Empire)

Evil dictator of a galaxy-spanning empire, the tyrannical Horde Prime rules from his throne on Horde World. Systematically wiping out many of the Cosmic Enforcers, Anillis gained his greatest triumph when he infected his arch enemy He-Ro with a mind wiping techno-organic virus and banished him to the far off magical planet of Eternia. Knowing his scheming younger brother's ambition, Anillis sent him on a foolish quest to ensure He-Ro was defeated, never realizing that in doing so he would set about a destined series of events that five millennia later would lead to his defeat at the hands of the twin warriors He-Man and She-Ra!
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post

Dare
    Dare, a Tarzan-like "wild child" becomes the adopt son of He-man. He is capable to access to the Power of Grayskull, so probably he is the real son of Adam or a grayskull descendant.
    Apparently Adroa and Seahawk were going to turn out to be his real parents and this is why he is able to access the Power of Grayskull.

I agree they shouldn't be made into the the same person.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Apparently Adroa and Seahawk were going to turn out to be his real parents and this is why he is able to access the Power of Grayskull.

I agree they shouldn't be made into the the same person.
    Skeletor AKA Keldor turning out to be Dare's father can also achieve this and is more likely in the MOTUC canon.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

IN ORDER TO CLARIFY:

He-Ro
    He was instructed by Eldor (also by Goddess and Oracle in the actual retcon) to become the Most Powerful Wizard of the Universe. He could ever be the lost brother of King Grayskull apparently devoured by King Hiss.

Dare

He was named He-Ro in order to use an unused registred name. Thatīs all. He is more the new He-Man than He-Ro.

I am fully aware of the History of BOTH characters. It is possible that the 2 will go on to play out as separate characters. It's also possible with all this crazy time travel - and the mention of "The Eternian Time Wars" - that He-Ro and Dare ARE the same character. MOTUC has been known to combine disparate characters into one before - Sharella and the Goddess are examples of this. I'm just offering the possibility of this trend continuing. And as for Dare being the new He-Man, He-Man still exists at this time, so you wouldn't have 2 He-Men. In Son of He-Man, Dare becomes He-Ro and SHARES the Power Sword with He-Man - they fight alongside one another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    While bizarre and a bit outlandish.....I really like the idea! Son teaching the Father kinda thing. The only problem I see is the power sword. You would thnk Dare would probably have the Adam/He-man sword more than likely. Why would he go back in time with out it or was it lost and than he had to rediscover it?
    During "Chapter 1", Dare SHARES the Power Sword with Adam. This is based on the SOHM cartoon bible. When he is recruited as a Cosmic Enforcer in "Chapter 2", he leaves the Power Sword with Adam. During his training, and fighting with Horde Supreme, he is lost to the distant past. It is here that the Trollans bestow him with the original Sword of He.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

IN ORDER TO CLARIFY:

He-Ro

Dare

This is 'Masters of the Universe Classics', though. A new continuity based on elements of all aspects of the various different versions of He-Man and She-Ra. I mean, we all know that Hordak kidnapped Adora, but in MOTUC it was Skeletor...

Mattel like to change things. They could very well combine the two into one character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
    Mattel like to change things. They could very well combine the two into one character.
    TG can even write Mer-man is the son of Evil Lyn but that doesnt mean is logical.

Gray and Dare doesnīt have the same physical appareance, brown hair vs blond. One became the Most powerful wizard of the Universe, the other share the power of Grayskull with He-Man. They are not the same person even they share the name...
    Last edited by Snake Hunter; June 28, 2012 at 09:20am.

Where are yoy guys coming up with these adopted son ideas? Dare is the son of Adam and Teela, end of story.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Where are yoy guys coming up with these adopted son ideas? Dare is the son of Adam and Teela, end of story.
    Oh! You said "end of story." So I guess we can close this thread down!

I thought it was pretty well documented that in the Son of He-Man, Dare was adopted by Adam and Teela but would turn out to be She-Ra's son?

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar

im digging this

It can be tweaked to explain the power sword better but it's pretty cool almost terminator ish.

John Connor sends his best friend to the past and it turns out his friend is his dad !!!!

mind blown and since you can't screw up the past on eternia this is a cool add on
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Dare looks like a Disney reject.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    Oh! You said "end of story." So I guess we can close this thread down!

I thought it was pretty well documented that in the Son of He-Man, Dare was adopted by Adam and Teela but would turn out to be She-Ra's son?
    Seeing as how SLL's bio is the first time Dare is ever mentioned, I am not sure how this was documented. After all, he isn't the Son of He-Man if he is not even Adam's son.

Reading the original "He-Ro, Son of He-man" Bible:

So this basis is based on a series that never happened? This is the Classics line, not a non-existent series. Not to mention the main story of the Classics is based off the 2002 cartoon.

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    OK! So could the name 'He-Ro' be considered a title (like He-Man)? Could there be more than one HE-RO?
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

So this basis is based on a series that never happened? This is the Classics line, not a non-existent series. Not to mention the main story of the Classics is based off the 2002 cartoon.
    The series "happened", but is was just a proposal, not a cartoon, like PoG He-Ro, Eldor, Star Sisters and others...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the.overlord View Post
    OK! So could the name 'He-Ro' be considered a title (like He-Man)? Could there be more than one HE-RO?
    Please no, we had enough with the He-Men...

There is only a He-Ro and only a Dare...

Heroic Warrior
    The series "happened", but is was just a proposal, not a cartoon, like PoG He-Ro, Eldor, Star Sisters and others...

- - - Updated - - -

Please no, we had enough with the He-Men...

There is only a He-Ro and only a Dare...

Actually it was outright rejected- the other things you mentioned never happened because the line ended and prototypes exist of those items in various private collections.

Well this is a cool idea but my thoughts are that since Adam is King He-Man maybe Dare takes the name He-Ro to pay homage to the fallen legend.