Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 39 of 39

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 074 Discussion!

  1. #26
    Heroic Warrior Masamune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,064
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    It has to be a successful bad movie to work. It can't be Conan and Green Lantern where nobody sees it.
    I think what they meant was that it can have a lot or even most of the hardcore fans hating it (or even critics), but still be a box office success to revive the franchise. Personally I'm still hoping there's at least a possible version that will still have most of us enjoying it when it comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

    In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

  2. #27
    Johan Eggink Eterniandreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,574
    Aaaaand finished!
    So when is 75 with TG expected?

  3. #28
    Master of Good Hair Eamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Irish but live in UK
    Posts
    16,274
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    She's quite the looker, isn't she?

    You guys sure about this? I need medical proof to back these claims up.
    People are so weird about these things. You can tell them and show them how you never get ill, recommend something and they still rely on what mom told them or what they think they know. My friends here are the exact same.

    There's a reason folks in Japan live to a ripe old age and are extremely healthy. They eat a lot of fish and rice. Populations who eat a lot of fish tend to be the healthyiest and have longer life spans.
    But don't take my word for it
    http://codliveroilbenefits.org.uk/co...r-oil-benefits
    or just Google the benfits of Vitiman D and Omega 3

    Vitiman D is the one vit that the majority of us can run short of occassionally or frequently as we now have homes and buildings and aren't exposed to the sun every day. It reduces inflamation which is a major cause of cancer, heart disease etc.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

  4. #29
    Scrolls Reviewer Jukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    12,793
    I did send Val a Christmas Card too.

    Did it arrive late or is it completely lost?

  5. #30
    Johan Eggink Eterniandreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    People are so weird about these things. You can tell them and show them how you never get ill, recommend something and they still rely on what mom told them or what they think they know. My friends here are the exact same.

    There's a reason folks in Japan live to a ripe old age and are extremely healthy. They eat a lot of fish and rice. Populations who eat a lot of fish tend to be the healthyiest and have longer life spans.
    But don't take my word for it
    http://codliveroilbenefits.org.uk/co...r-oil-benefits
    or just Google the benfits of Vitiman D and Omega 3

    Vitiman D is the one vit that the majority of us can run short of occassionally or frequently as we now have homes and buildings and aren't exposed to the sun every day. It reduces inflamation which is a major cause of cancer, heart disease etc.
    Cod liver also has VERY high concetrated of Vitamine A. This could be over toxicating for your liver, especially if you are already getting normal food in you and take extra vitamins.

    You are better of taking fish oil capsules for the Omegas. They taste better too.

  6. #31
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,653
    Yeah cod liver oil is considered out dated with fish oil coming out. Serves the same purpose with better results. Or so they say.

  7. #32
    Master of Good Hair Eamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Irish but live in UK
    Posts
    16,274
    The link i provided was about the capsules. I wasn't suggesting folks drink it as it's disgusting. But thanks your input.

    As many of us work in doors we do not get enough vitiman D which is why the Vit D in cod liver which is not found in fish oil, is benefitial.
    With regards to the vitiman A (which is also benefitial and not in fish oil), you would have to be eating a hell of a lot of liver and or fish for the suppliment in capsule form to be toxic. Ya know like everything esle in this world... too much of anything is a bad thing!
    One high strength cod liver oil capsule gives you 50% of your RDA which is always on the low side anyways.

    Of course if you are pregnant, then you should avoid it along with cheese, pate and a laundry list of others things.

    All I know is that my girlfriend and I do not get ill. We don't catch colds or flues or viruses. I am just passing along what works for us. I do not know much about health, but this much I do know because I experience it. I am just back from a serious snow boarding trip and hitting the gym too. Along with the severe cold we have my immune system is taking a kicking. For the last few days I have been taking two along with garlic and vit c. No colds or flues here. I can feel colds coming on but they never get a hold. a minor sniffle at best.

    If that isn't empirical evidence that cod liver oil capsules are good then I do not know what is!

    I will refrain from any sarcastic remarks about people and this subject matter!
    Last edited by Eamon; February 10, 2012 at 09:10am.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

  8. #33
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,344
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    You guys sure about this? I need medical proof to back these claims up.
    Like Eamon says, just google it man and you'll find loads of stuff to back this up

    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    All I know is that my girlfriend and I do not get ill. We don't catch colds or flues or viruses. I am just passing along what works for us. I do not know much about health, but this much I do know because I experience it. I am just back from a serious snow boarding trip and hitting the gym too. Along with the severe cold we have my immune system is taking a kicking. For the last few days I have been taking two along with garlic and vit c. No colds or flues here. I can feel colds coming on but they never get a hold. a minor sniffle at best.
    Same here mate, I never get ill, might get a bit of a sniffle but never come down with it full blown. I'm 29 now and I've never had to take a day off work ill.
    Last edited by 13977; February 10, 2012 at 10:18am.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  9. #34
    T-Man tmc1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England, U.K.
    Posts
    2,058
    i don't get ill either ... im not on the cod liver oil but i live a healthy lifestyle and diet (physical day job - lots of fruit and vegetables ... but im totally pigging out on pizza and beer tomorrow!) ... maybe it's a british thing ...

    so im finally caught up with the latest RGD installments! ... another great show and great to have eamon back! ... although i have to disagree with you on the '87 movie brother! i love it! i know it's nothing in terms of actual movie status, but i love it for what it is and it actually means more to me that the filmation cartoon ever will ...

    val raised a good point about MOTUC not being worth very much in terms of the collector market ... i wonder how many folks are keeping them MOC in hopes of a cash-in someday? ... i open all of mine but i have kept my club eternia exclusives on the cards (wun-dar and preternia he-man) ...
    Last edited by tmc1984; February 10, 2012 at 05:04pm.
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

    USE YOUR ILLUSION

  10. #35
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,572
    Bring on #75, Val!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

  11. #36
    Sunflower Golden Lord josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA>WI>608>MSN
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    Val, I´ve listened to all RGD episodes. Man do I enjoy it!!
    But please try not to eat while you do the podcast because I use headphones and it´s not very pleasant to have someone chew in your ear while talking. Otherwise I love RGD and miss Emiliano´s comments so much!
    Keep it up guys!
    I think it's sexy when Val eats while recording.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

  12. #37
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,713
    Just now finished listening to this... Wow, thanks for the plug Val!
    No secret I would love to do MotU art in an official capacity.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  13. #38
    Heroic Warrior Masamune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Just now finished listening to this... Wow, thanks for the plug Val!
    No secret I would love to do MotU art in an official capacity.
    And I (and others) wouldn't mind seeing you do that.

    Does anyone know when we can expect Gooble 75 (the one with Toyguru)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

    In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

  14. #39
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,344
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    i don't get ill either ... im not on the cod liver oil but i live a healthy lifestyle and diet (physical day job - lots of fruit and vegetables ... but im totally pigging out on pizza and beer tomorrow!) ... maybe it's a british thing ...
    This is also a very good point, I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and have a healthy diet, I have an apple and banana in my pack up every weekday, and I'm sure that goes along way as well.
    ...but yeah, come weekend it beer and fry-up's
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •