Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread February 2012

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Two new things added.

I wonder since they aren't doing vehicles unless a movie is coming out, how about a head pack of five heads?
    I'm assuming this would be too expensive to sell. That's 5 new tools. How much would you guys be willing to pay for 5 heads?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I'm assuming this would be too expensive to sell. That's 5 new tools. How much would you guys be willing to pay for 5 heads?
    Whatever it takes.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Whatever it takes.
    I want to see what TG would say about this. Some fans would pay TF 3rd party prices for 200X heads for Sy-Klone, Buzz-Off, Clawful, Snout Spout and Grizzlor. Depends how much are they asking for. In MOTUC, the fandom actually does have the numbers to back up purchases.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Combining subs with day-of-sale figures would mean one thing for certain: sub orders would stop being shipped 2 days prior to sale date... and then ALL orders would be shipped together again... with the Digital River this would be a real headache... AND how long would they hold the sub figures back so that you could buy more and have them shipped together?

Wouldn't that mean that subs would be shipped when the figurs are finally sold out?!

Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    Combining subs with day-of-sale figures would mean one thing for certain: sub orders would stop being shipped 2 days prior to sale date... and then ALL orders would be shipped together again... with the Digital River this would be a real headache... AND how long would they hold the sub figures back so that you could buy more and have them shipped together?

Wouldn't that mean that subs would be shipped when the figurs are finally sold out?!
    One of the ideas suggested was that subscribers would have access to the store before items went on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    ... In 2012 they couldn't swing this? Cheap and classless.

Oh wait... "world class."
    World Class-less?
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    One of the ideas suggested was that subscribers would have access to the store before items went on sale.
    So that these figures could be sold out before the sale-date... great...

A bunch of new questions were answered--including the Snout Spout answer that some fans were waiting for...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    A bunch of new questions were answered--including the Snout Spout answer that some fans were waiting for...
    The Snout Spout answer makes me very sad. He's only been released for 3 months and people are having his trunk break (and most of us just put these figures on the shelf). I really think the answer here is for Mattel to make a Green Goddess 2.0. and include a NEW Snout Spout head with a snout made of the same material of King Hiss' snakes (so it still bends, but won't break). That will fix TWO MOTUC figures that are extremely prone to breaking in one release.

It's better than consumers getting a partial refund* and losing figures/characters from their collections.

*partial because they do not refund the initial $8.95 shipping cost.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

It's the answer I was expecting. It's the standard, and I'm not just talking about Mattel.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    What a load of crap on the Snout Spout response! Great, another figure like the Goddess that is just bound to break sooner or later, with no REAL solution to the problem.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    Can Scott respond to a single post without sounding like a jerk? Good God, I really wish Mattel would replace him.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I want a Battle Ram and 4horseman Castle Grayskull damn!
    But who will buy a sub for 2013 ?
    Last edited by JimPansen; March 11, 2012 at 06:49am.

The 'Wind Raider in December' and Snout Spout answers are both mildly infuriating. Reading the Snout Spout thread is a shocker as more and more people are posting pictures. I've defended Snout Spout a bit on here and part of what I've talked about was his quality. That's out the window now.
    And it doesn't matter how much in advance you release the Wind Raider price. It's the Holidays, not everyone can just fork out that much extra money if they have other expenses at that time of year. Especially when the lineup gets shuffled around as much as it does. Give me a break.

I am tired of hearing about a head pack. Let it die. Please

Heroic Warrior
    Question : What Should Fans Do About Snout Spout's Trunk Splitting, Mattel Have Any Statements?

I'm sure that Mattel has seen this post and the news post posted on He-man.org about this new issue of the foam used for Snout Spout's trunk. Does Mattel plan to make a statement or at least to promise not to use this specific material for future figures?

Answer :Yes, I've seen the posts on other sites about this issue. If you have a toy that breaks, you can return or through customer service. The issue does not appear that widespread but I have passed it along to our design team to review.

We never intend to put out anything but great figures and I am sorry for anyone who has less then perfect figures. It is a shame when figures break or are damaged after time. It is never intentional.

Yes, it's a total shame. And what adds ten times that amount of shame is that YOU won't do a thing to help fans get quality items and durable figures ! For an "adult collector line", this is absolutely unacceptable !

This answer just tells us that there SHALL be more bad quality figures, just because "it happens". There won't be any specific efforts to improve quality. And that's not a surprise, since we know for years that there's no one supervising propduction in China, and that Mattel never even bothered or cared to do something about it !

All in all, that makes me a very angry and bitter fan, 'cause it means I'll have to spend a fortune on crappy quality items ! I begin to think about quitting the line, and that's saying much for someone who's been a fan from the start of this brand at the beginning of the 80's... And there's one thing that's for sure : after MOTUC has ended, I'll never buy a Mattel product anymore. This company has shown too much despise, indifference, greed and laziness over the years.
    Last edited by Prahvus; February 12, 2012 at 05:47am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Nope. Head pack please!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Yes, it's a total shame. And what adds ten times that amount of shame is that YOU won't do a thing to help fans get quality items and durable figures ! For an "adult collector line", this is absolutely unacceptable !
    I think the real sticking point is how fans pointed out that this could be a problem months before he came out, and were dismissed with, "Oh, Mattel has these amazing testing labs to ensure quality!"

Heroic Warrior
    I think the real sticking point is how fans pointed out that this could be a problem months before he came out, and were dismissed with, "Oh, Mattel has these amazing testing labs to ensure quality!"
    Which further shows that we cannot possibly put any trust in this company...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Nope. Head pack please!!!
    I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by sailoruranus View Post
    Can Scott respond to a single post without sounding like a jerk? Good God, I really wish Mattel would replace him.
    Unfortunately, Mattel either doesn't know or doesn't care ... mind you, going Scott-free would be a great thing to happen to this line ... however:

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Nah, i guess he would rather kill the line, than deliver his line to somebody else.
    I believe that´s exactly what´s happening finally. The line always was his ego trip and sooner or later that will come to no good .
    It sure looks like it. When Scott goes down, he'll probably take the line with him.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    it's ironic in a way, they said they gave us months in advance to save up for the wind raider so suck it up! yet fans told them months in advance about a problem and again it's the fans that have to suck it up. sigh. those were REALLY snarky responses. it's things like that that make fans dislike the guy. Personally I don't like having negative feelings towards someone, but it's hard to feel good about the guy when this attitude arises.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Castle Grayskull and vehicles aren't happening, but the fans still want them and WILL ask about them. It's the same with a head pack. A number of fans want those alternate heads. That's why it won that vote over mini-comics. The interest that is still out there for all of that stuff.

Sometimes Toyguru "fights the good fight" and eventually management changes their minds on policies, like we saw with the Keldor swords and 200X He-Man.

He didn't answer my question about the cost. At least we got an answer for how much Grayskull costs.

Well, I can't honestly say I'm in the least bit surprised by the curt responses; I've grown to expect them from Scott. However, the line at the bottom ("It is a shame when figures break or are damaged after time.") is just insulting. Breakage or damage "over time" is expected; my Classics Lion-O mysteriously took a dive off my shelf the other day and hit the bin underneath on the way down, so now he's got a little gouge out of his arm *sigh*. Those kinds of things happen. However, I noticed another crack in my SS's trunk today and he's been in the most neutral pose I can get him in since I first heard about this problem! And he's only been out of the box for, what, three or four weeks. Now, I know "after time" technically covers that, but I'm not sure the Sale of Goods and Services Act would agree! If these were coming from a UK company you could bet something would be done about this by now! We have laws to protect the consumer here, surely there must be a similar law in the USA?

But I digress.

As for the Wind Raider's price, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the price slated at $40 for the longest time and then a few weeks before sale bumped up to $45? I know some will say, "If you can't find an extra $5 you shouldn't be buying the line", but that's not the point I'm making. What I'm saying is that Scott said the price had been announced months in advance, but that's not strictly true as the $40 was speculative (in the same way the $130 price for the Ghost Trap was speculative and we'd been asking for months for an official price which we didn't get until about a week before the sale day!). The confirmed price of the WR wasn't known until the week before sale day.

It's stuff like this that makes me less and less likely to re-sub next year.

What an ******* reply about the Wind Raider.
    "We simply can't run the line for each customer's individual buying habits or financial situation." - Seriously. What an ass. Like now having as much money to spend on toys is just something that happens to a few fans in the holidays. A few 'individual fans'. Instead of pretty much everyone.

Clearly the Snout Spout answer is unacceptable too. How the HELL can he/they come off saying toys break over time....OVER TIME MY ASS! IT WASN'T MADE CORRECTLY TO BEGIN WITH!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!