Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread February 2012

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    What an ******* reply about the Wind Raider.
    "We simply can't run the line for each customer's individual buying habits or financial situation." - Seriously. What an ass. Like now having as much money to spend on toys is just something that happens to a few fans in the holidays. A few 'individual fans'. Instead of pretty much everyone.

Clearly the Snout Spout answer is unacceptable too. How the HELL can he/they come off saying toys break over time....OVER TIME MY ASS! IT WASN'T MADE CORRECTLY TO BEGIN WITH!
    The sticking point for me is that we're being asked to pay upwards of $20 for the figures and they are falling apart,from he-man's loose ankle joints to snout spouts trunk thats three and a half years of poorly made figures and we're expected to keep on buying out of loyalty.
    On the subject of cancelled subs,did anybody else receive The Star Sisters instead of Demo-man/BG Evil-Lyn.......

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm very conflicted now since I'm a huge MOTU fan, have been completest with this line thus far, and have intended to be until it eventually comes to an end, but I'm getting so fed up with all of the issues lately that I'm debating on whether or not I should subscribe next year. Even if I do cave and do subscribe (just being honest here... I may go weak come sign up time), maybe I'll get lucky and enough people will gradually give up on the line to make it his a premature end. I know that's a rather cynical way to look at things, but honestly I'm starting to hope that the line ends sooner rather than later just so that I won't have to put up with the headaches anymore, and won't have to put up with the frustration of knowing that there is potentially cool product being released that I'm missing out on just to avoid the headaches.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Instead of wishing death on the line, just walk away or stop reading the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Instead of wishing death on the line, just walk away or stop reading the boards.
    I have to agree.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    This.

My problem is that they either didn't care enough to do the work to combine orders, or they wouldn't pay Digital River to do that work.

The thing that has me so upset is that the idea that this was somehow beyond their capabilities is laughable.

Now I will be paying about $15 extra just to get some camera-head guy LOL (it's about $15 for ups plus tax on the shipping).

I find this utterly ludicrous. It's yet ANOTHER mistake on a seemingly infinite list.

Just sad.

And in the end, it has translated to less sales for Mattel. Not that it matters, because they'll sell out anyway.
    There is no reason Digital River they could not combine shipping outside of the fact they have an antiquated service and they can't update it without an expensive overhaul and redesign. Mattel is too lazy and inept to come up with another partner or terminate the agreement for cause. The excuses are just not cutting it any longer. This is something that could be automated. "Oh," says the computer, "I see that Mario in Kansas has two subscriptions... one for the 30th anniversary and one for 2012. Therefore, we will combine shipping on the items for the months in which both ship subs ship together." This is BRAIN DEAD coding work... a monkey could do it. Do they think we are stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by sailoruranus View Post
    Can Scott respond to a single post without sounding like a jerk? Good God, I really wish Mattel would replace him.
    He does not realize that he has a job because of people like us.
    Last edited by Darth Daddy; February 12, 2012 at 02:08pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Say cheese!!!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    See, but that's the thing, at least for me. As long as this line is going... as long as I'm even mildly peripherally aware that there is new MOTU product being produced, it's going to drive me nuts to ignore it and not collect it, even if I have good reason to avoid doing so (i.e. the problems that we are having). However, if new product is no longer being produced, then it's just not an issue.

Also, I find the idea of walking away from the boards to be even more difficult. While I hate these problems, I love the fan community. I was here even during the down times, and I plan to still be here even when/if we get into a situation where MOTU is completely dormant again in terms of any kind of new products, etc. And this is my overall favorite message board period... regardless of the topics being discussed. So, neither of these suggestions are viable options for me.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Mattel can't be so stupid as to not have other people from the company reading Facebook posts and the forums on this site, etc. Clearly they must see there is a tremendous groundswell of angst within the fan community toward "the brand manager." Every other post, regardless of topic, is something negative about Scott and his inability to effectively interact with fans.
    Say cheese!!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Come be a part of my Toy News Network-- updated daily! - http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Read all about the best legendary toy lines at Stinny's Toy History! - http://toy-history.blogspot.com/

One of the ideas suggested was that subscribers would have access to the store before items went on sale.
    They better not do that.

Can Scott respond to a single post without sounding like a jerk? Good God, I really wish Mattel would replace him.
    Matty's responses are very defensive and don't answer the question. Whoever is answering is assuming that were are upset, and they answer as if we were yelling at them.
    Last edited by jibernish; February 12, 2012 at 04:04pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Stop feeding these awful answers. Obviously, CYA is in full effect here and any chance of them directly answering these questions is nill at this point.

Wingraider Sales: "We gave you plenty of time to save up you cheap sonofagwildor, besides December is just another month out of the year with nothing of economic significance."

Snout Spout's Trunk: "Return it, it's not widespread yet, these are not the spouts you're looking for."
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by he-man121 View Post
    On the subject of cancelled subs,did anybody else receive The Star Sisters instead of Demo-man/BG Evil-Lyn.......
    Well, I am glad I'm not the only one here. yes, indeed I did and I'm still waiting for December's figures. I received an email saying that they had shipped these two figures on the 15th of December. What gives?

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I'm getting really tired of the "200X look is retired" line. People are asking for "Classics" version of the 200X looks for certain characters. People are not asking to take a "step backwards" and get new figures in the 200X style. They are asking to get a second head that looks like a "Classics" version of the 200X design. Maybe we just need to phrase the request differently so we stop getting this canned response. Do what you have done with Stinkor, Fisto, Whiplash, etc. I don't care what you have to call it. unless "hyper detailed" means "doesn't look like a Muppet", that is what folks are asking for.

ToyGuru has got to know what people are asking for, constantly repeating this canned "retired" line is getting real old real fast.

"It is a shame when figures break or are damaged after time. It is never intentional."

LOL after time! yes he's been out for sooooo long

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Yea I caught that too. Maybe he thought people were talking about the vintage Snout Spout?

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    For folks who wonder why people get so upset with Scott in the ways that he answers things, here is a perfect example of what people are talking about...

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5681027317/m/2481008147

Frosta has turned out fantastically, but quite a few fans have expressed concerns over the way her eyes and lips have been painted.

Will you consider making some tiny tweeks to the way the shape of her eyes and lips are painted, her eyes in perticular look a bit bug eyed. Her eyes (Size, lack of purple eyeshadow & to much black eyeliner) and shape of her lips let this lovely figure down IMO. Everything else is spot on! :0)

This isn't meant as a criticism moreso a suggestion, here is what she could look like if these tweeks were made! :0) (Her eyebrows were also tweeked a little bit as well)

Toyguru
    Collector Supreme

Posted February 12, 2012 07:09 PM Hide Post
    You'll need to talk to the Horsemen on the Horsemen site. They do the deco, not me.
    So a customer crafted a respectful and courteous question about a topic that many have commented about since the reveals. And this is his answer.

Seriously? That's his answer??? Correct me if I'm wrong, but is he NOT the Brand Manager? Does this feedback not mean anything to him? Wouldn't it be a good idea for him to pass on the notes to the 4H directly about this kind of feedback (I'm sure they are aware of it, but that's not really the point)

It's his manner of handling things like this that really ticks people off, and damages his reputation as a professional.
    Last edited by Mr_Yuck; February 12, 2012 at 11:55pm.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

Heroic Warrior
    This. If you are truly getting stressed out over MOTUC or the answers you are given it may be time to quit. Snout Spout and Green Goddess will not be going back into production to replace faulty figures, but they are offering a refund if yours breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    Combining subs with day-of-sale figures would mean one thing for certain: sub orders would stop being shipped 2 days prior to sale date...

My sub never ships 2 day prior. In fact the earliest my sub ever shipped was 2 days after the on-site sale date.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    For folks who wonder why people get so upset with Scott in the ways that he answers things, here is a perfect example of what people are talking about...

So a customer crafted a respectful and courteous question about a topic that many have commented about since the reveals. And this is his answer.

Seriously? That's his answer??? Correct me if I'm wrong, but is he NOT the Brand Manager? Does this feedback not mean anything to him? Wouldn't it be a good idea for him to pass on the notes to the 4H directly about this kind of feedback (I'm sure they are aware of it, but that's not really the point)

It's his manner of handling things like this that really ticks people off, and damages his reputation as a professional.
    wow...

someone talks to him kindly and respectfully and he answer like an impolite jerk... just wow

me too BIG TIME
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Stop feeding these awful answers. Obviously, CYA is in full effect here and any chance of them directly answering these questions is nill at this point.

Wingraider Sales: "We gave you plenty of time to save up you cheap sonofagwildor, besides December is just another month out of the year with nothing of economic significance."

Snout Spout's Trunk: "Return it, it's not widespread yet, these are not the spouts you're looking for."
    LOL, that was hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post

Yeah that answer wasn't the best, maybe he needs to take a day off from answering any questions as maybe he's not taking some of the criticism today too well? Better to let the steam settle and come back cooler and collected later on.

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    WOW! What is his problem? I hope Mattel is aware of these comments that he makes. He is unbelievably rude, immature, and unprofessional. I hope he's on the chopping block, because his ****** attitude is unforgivable. Who at Mattel would we even complain to?

Scott just answered a question that even if you bought your subs together they will not ship together the first time. Well thanks for that Scott because when I signed up your exact wording was "And remember, all subscriptions ordered in the same transaction will ship together to the same address, in any combination and quantity!"

I would like to know what the TG/matty can't do anything wrong people will say about this now. I'm going to be charged 3 or 4 times more then i was implied to believe when I purchased my subs.

J

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Yeah that answer wasn't the best, maybe he needs to take a day off from answering any questions as maybe he's not taking some of the criticism today too well? Better to let the steam settle and come back cooler and collected later on.
    Unfortunately, his bristly responses occur much more frequently then they should occur. This is a continuing problem of his, and frankly I can't think of a quicker way to turn people off then responding this way.

Maybe he had a bad day. I get that, we all have them. He seems to have them A LOT in my experience. If he's ill equipped to handle the pressures of answering fan questions in a professional way, maybe he needs to rethink how these matters are handled. It seems to me when things are good, so is he. When there are issues, he doesn't seem to be able to respond in a way that makes the customer feel like their concerns or perspectives are valued. That is a HUGE problem, and it needs to be addressed.
    Last edited by Mr_Yuck; February 13, 2012 at 12:32am.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

Who at Mattel would we even complain to?
    I'd love to know that too!
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    Scott just answered a question that even if you bought your subs together they will not ship together the first time. Well thanks for that Scott because when I signed up your exact wording was "And remember, all subscriptions ordered in the same transaction will ship together to the same address, in any combination and quantity!"

I would like to know what the TG/matty can't do anything wrong people will say about this now. I'm going to be charged 3 or 4 times more then i was implied to believe when I purchased my subs.

J
    Similar but smaller boat as you sir. I didn't know I was wasting an extra 13 bucks to have the pleasure of getting Photog...a figure i only am getting to get to the good one coming next. So thanks for that bit of small print. I sadly stopped as well at Remember! All subs will ship together. Being a cherry picker and paying 2 bucks extra per figure is sounding fantastic right now.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I've added the new NYTF questions to the front, but I see you guys are already talking about the response to Frosta's face.

Here is their Facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/FourHorsemenToyDesign
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 13, 2012 at 12:48am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)