Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread February 2012

Yeah this is some crap that they can not even combinie shipping for subs that are in the same dang order. I was plaining on extra S&H for my 30th sub that was order months later but not on Club Lion that was part of the same order as my MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    "They do the deco, not me."
    Now that's a mother of a blow-off. Ha-ha wow. We seem to be a few counseling sessions away from the honeymoon that was MOTUC. It's getting real out here lol! Proof that negative reactions and criticism really do get to the big guys. I was hoping there would be a return to the kind of open and upbeat responses we used to get from him. The blog he set up is nice, but do we have to go two steps forward only to go two steps back?

In general though I think we can safely say the paint job is not going to be that great as it never was a strength for this line.

As far as shabby material that will crack when bent a short time, is there really anything he could say? Apologies never did anything, but good ideas can undo alot of damage. A good idea might be to rerelease the head for a future head pack (or 200x?). At least he might be able to get rid of that nagging 200x headculpt headache he keeps getting from us... again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    For folks who wonder why people get so upset with Scott in the ways that he answers things, here is a perfect example of what people are talking about...

So a customer crafted a respectful and courteous question about a topic that many have commented about since the reveals. And this is his answer.

Seriously? That's his answer??? Correct me if I'm wrong, but is he NOT the Brand Manager? Does this feedback not mean anything to him? Wouldn't it be a good idea for him to pass on the notes to the 4H directly about this kind of feedback (I'm sure they are aware of it, but that's not really the point)

It's his manner of handling things like this that really ticks people off, and damages his reputation as a professional.
    Well he brought MOTUC into the world and may take it out too. With the majority of vintage figures represented, we are now in a period of transition. I think he's going to need fan input now more than ever. The way this is shaping up, SDCC will be a "do or die" moment for this line. Cool design and great sculpting is what's made this line a stand out. Customer service and quality control is what's made it a nightmare. If you want to offest weak reveals, try amping up the other stuff.

It's time to be upfront now or you won't have a chance to improve. The difference would mean one more year instead of three or four. I think it's worth it.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    Unfortunately, his bristly responses occur much more frequently then they should occur. This is a continuing problem of his, and frankly I can't think of a quicker way to turn people off then responding this way.

Maybe he had a bad day. I get that, we all have them. He seems to have them A LOT in my experience. If he's ill equipped to handle the pressures of answering fan questions in a professional way, maybe he needs to rethink how these matters are handled. It seems to me when things are good, so is he. When there are issues, he doesn't seem to be able to respond in a way that makes the customer feel like their concerns or perspectives are valued. That is a HUGE problem, and it needs to be addressed.
    To be honest some of the questions I see on there are quite ridiculous and I wish I could respond to many of them, it's amazing how many people don't see the big picture and only things from their perspective. But as the brand manager he should simply skip those questions and any he may feel are redundant or he will be answering rudely.

Quote Originally Posted by lemure77 View Post
    Similar but smaller boat as you sir. I didn't know I was wasting an extra 13 bucks to have the pleasure of getting Photog...a figure i only am getting to get to the good one coming next. So thanks for that bit of small print. I sadly stopped as well at Remember! All subs will ship together. Being a cherry picker and paying 2 bucks extra per figure is sounding fantastic right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    Scott just answered a question that even if you bought your subs together they will not ship together the first time. Well thanks for that Scott because when I signed up your exact wording was "And remember, all subscriptions ordered in the same transaction will ship together to the same address, in any combination and quantity!"

I would like to know what the TG/matty can't do anything wrong people will say about this now. I'm going to be charged 3 or 4 times more then i was implied to believe when I purchased my subs.

J
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbebanur View Post
    Yeah this is some crap that they can not even combinie shipping for subs that are in the same dang order. I was plaining on extra S&H for my 30th sub that was order months later but not on Club Lion that was part of the same order as my MOTUC.
    But this has been answered already, and was pointed out before the subs were sold, the 1st month of each of your multiple subs they WILL NOT ship together, only when they renew. A couple of other posters have posted the exact copy in other threads.

From Mattycollector itself

All subscriptions ordered by one person (same email address, credit card, address and shipping method) will ship together when purchased in the same transaction. Subscriptions not purchased together will still ship together, with one exception: The first month that any of your subscription orders ship, subscriptions not purchased together will not ship together (estimated January for Club Eternia® and MOTU 30th Anniversary Series, February for Club Lion Force and April for DC Universe Club Infinite Earths). The second time your subscription ships (essentially the monthly renewal), all of your subscriptions will ship together to the same address (estimated February for Club Eternia, March for MOTU 30th Anniversary Series, April for Club Lion Force and May for DC Universe Club Infinite Earths). Say, for example, you purchased two Club Eternia subscriptions in one transaction during the July on-sale period and two subscriptions during the September on-sale period in another transaction. When the first club figures are released in January, the figures purchased in July will ship in one package and the figures purchased in September will ship in another package. Then in February, all the figures from all four subscriptions will ship together. This only applies to subscriptions that were not purchased in the same transaction. All subscriptions that are purchased in the same transaction will ship together the first month.

My Lion Force and Main MOTUC where done in the same transition

Invoice
    Print

Order Date: 7/23/2011
    Order Number: 11975667842 Billing Address:

Qty Product Name Unit Price Extended Price
    1 2012 Masters of the Universe® Classics Club Eternia® Subscription

Other
    Other
    $20.00 $20.00
    1 Club Eternia® 2012 Subscription - Initial Figure

Boxed Shipment
    $20.00 $20.00
    1 2012 Voltron® Club Lion Force Subscription

Other
    Other
    $15.00 $15.00
    1 Club Lion Force 2012 Subscription - Red Lion Figure

Boxed Shipment
    $35.00 $35.00
    1 Lance

Boxed Shipment
    $15.00 $15.00
    Sub-Total $105.00
    Shipping $14.25
    Tax $8.35
    Total $127.60

So please point to my how this does not fall under the bolded and underline part.

Logistics!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I've put a whole bunch of new answers up in the front of the thread.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Wow...

"they do the deco., not me"...

LOL I SO should have this dudes job!!!!!!!

"I don't do it...go ask my associates".

Maybe the 4H should be the Brand Managers. From what I've seen they all seem to have great personalities and are obviously fans with a great talent that did help to create the line as we know it!

They could be like the Spice Girls of the MOTUC line. Like one is yer favorite cause they are the coolest and you want to be just like them and even if you don't really like the others as much it dosen't matter becuase the one you REALLY do like makes everyone they associate with cool.

Hey...it's an idea!!!!!!!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Heroic Warrior
    Mistaken post
    Last edited by Cherry_Picker; February 16, 2012 at 09:16pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I've put up the most recent responses.

TG doesn't know what Classic Media is doing with the MOTU license.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

I think he may have misunderstood the question, but regardless it doesn't sound too hopeful for a 30th anniversary sub line of POP figures.

I know this has been asked, but can't recall seeing an answer...

Any chance of a PoP 30th line when the time comes? If not 6 figures, then maybe 4?

Right now POP is part of the MOTUC line. There is no plans for a separate line.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I think he may have misunderstood the question, but regardless it doesn't sound too hopeful for a 30th anniversary sub line of POP figures.
    And I don't really see why there should be, with all due respect. MOTUC is all encompassing. Theoretically, any of the people creating figures for this line could have made a "POP" (aka Rebellion) or "NA" (aka "Galactic Protectors" or "Space Mutants") character. For all that we know, with the two remaining figures that have yet to be revealed, we may get one or two figures that fall under some of these categorie. I admit that it's probably not too likely, but it could happen. I don't think Mattel ever put any stipulations or limitations over what factions that these newly created characters could be associated with. That was left up to the creators. If they happened to not go in any of those directions, then that was their choice.

I don't see any reason to have a POP 30th line than I do to have a 200X MOTU 10th anniversary line, or a New Adventures 25th anniversary line. It would be splitting hairs way too much to do all of that.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

HD figures on youtube
    wow... I always want to like Scott. In Dan's videos, & the 200X DVD, he seems like such a nice guy who gets excited about MOTU like the rest of us. But when I read stuff like this, I just shake my head. He just comes off as a jerk who blames the fans for everything, instead of DR or Mattel, or even himself.

Your pushing me away from the line with comments like that Scott. Not trying to be mean, but I'm serious..

Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    wow... I always want to like Scott. In Dan's videos, & the 200X DVD, he seems like such a nice guy who gets excited about MOTU like the rest of us. But when I read stuff like this, I just shake my head. He just comes off as a jerk who blames the fans for everything, instead of DR or Mattel, or even himself.
    You know what I noticed about Dan's videos? Dan asks Scott a question and Scott answers it - sometimes taking the blame for bad things. Then Dan asks another question. If Dan asked the same question 94 times in a row using foul language, maybe Scott's responses wouldn't be so positive. Respect needs to go both ways.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    You know what I noticed about Dan's videos? Dan asks Scott a question and Scott answers it - sometimes taking the blame for bad things. Then Dan asks another question. If Dan asked the same question 94 times in a row using foul language, maybe Scott's responses wouldn't be so positive. Respect needs to go both ways.
    Except TG often answers perfectly logical and civil questions in the same tone. He has a terrible habit of repeating his cute catch phrases that he already knows irritate the fans, and his recent flub blaming the CC charge problems on fans not having enough money on their credit cards got him a well earned thrashing.

I think TG's problem is that he is fine when he's talking to someone face to face, off the cuff. TG the fan comes through then. But when he sits at a computer terminal, it's like an entirely different person takes over, one who needs to let someone else go over his postings before he releases them to the public. To put it bluntly, he's the wrong person to be interfacing directly with the fans in this venue, because he does not have the skills to do so.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I don't understand how it's too late to change Laser-Lot's belt, but Spector is getting a retooled head and cosmic keys.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    If Dan asked the same question 94 times in a row using foul language, maybe Scott's responses wouldn't be so positive.
    lol, I'd love to see a video where that happens!
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

HD figures on youtube
    I didn't see any foul language in those questions. And about respect going both ways, your right. When he constantly lies to us, changes his story, and blames us for things, that's not showing us fans respect, it's insulting our intelligence. So yeah, he would get respect from more of us if he showed some himself.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be intentionally mean, or call him out. I've defended him in the past, but he simply needs to learn how to address these matters in a professional manner.

To put it bluntly, he's the wrong person to be interfacing directly with the fans in this venue, because he does not have the skills to do so.
    Exactly, well said.

Qft
    -------

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Except TG often answers perfectly logical and civil questions in the same tone. He has a terrible habit of repeating his cute catch phrases that he already knows irritate the fans, and his recent flub blaming the CC charge problems on fans not having enough money on their credit cards got him a well earned thrashing.

I think TG's problem is that he is fine when he's talking to someone face to face, off the cuff. TG the fan comes through then. But when he sits at a computer terminal, it's like an entirely different person takes over, one who needs to let someone else go over his postings before he releases them to the public. To put it bluntly, he's the wrong person to be interfacing directly with the fans in this venue, because he does not have the skills to do so.
    I'm going to somewhat come to his defense here. Yes, there are times where his responses are a little... rough around the edges. I don't deny that there is room for improvement.

But that being said, I do think at times people are applying a "tone" to his posts that isn't really there. If he were making some of those same statements word-for-word, but in a video interview in the same manner that he typically comes across in video interviews (like the ones that Pixel Dan posts), I don't think it would come across the same way that it does in writing.

Honestly, for the most part I don't really see too many issues with most of the responses that have been posted on the first page. The only one that I can kind of see is the Frosta question regarding the paint apps. He should have taken the initiative to talk to the 4HM about the intentions for the paint job on her face before replying, rather than putting it on the person asking. Plus as I recall I think the 4HM have stated that the paint job was rushed to get the figure ready for display at NYTF. So, hopefully something is being done about it.

Don't get me wrong, there is room for criticism, but I think people often read into things that just aren't there. People don't like his little catch phrases, etc, and get upset thinking that he's making fun of the problems or taking them too likely. But if he were to reply in a more straight forward "clinical" manner, people would probably think the worst of that as well.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"