Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shouldnt Vykron (barbarian costume) be a "He-man"

Shouldnt Vykron (barbarian costume) be a "He-man"

I dont hate his bio at all, Although after thinking about it more and just getting the brown He-man power sword from the DVD set (Which looks great with this character), I totally feel he should have been a "Heman" throughout the ages. Anyone else feel the same way. I mean through out 5000 years, we only know of 3 heman between Grayskull and Adam.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Sure... if you buy into the muliple He-man idea (like I do) he would be between Wun-dar and Oo-larr.

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    In my personal canon, which only loosely follows the bios, The line of Guardians of Grayskull starts with He-Ro, then King Grayskull, and is followed (not quite in this order) by: Oo-Lar, Vikor, He-Lok, Wun-Dar, He-Man and She-Ra, He-Ro (2), and He-Ra, along with possibly Vykron barbarian, and a few others not yet revealed.
    Last edited by DreamTripper; March 19, 2013 at 12:19am.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTripper View Post
    In my personal canon, which only loosely follows the bios, The line of Guardians of Grayskull starts with He-Ro, then King Grayskull, and is followed (not quite in this order) by: Oo-Lar, Vikor, He-Lok, Wun-Dar, He-Man and She-Ra, He-Ro (2), and He-Ra, along with possibly Vykron barbarian, and a few others not yet revealed.
    Who is He-Lok? Just curious!

I'm surprised that Vykron wasn't made a He-Man, either, or at least that the Vykron trio weren't in some way tasked with defending Castle Grayskull during some earlier era (that's what I use them for).
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Snappy Threader
    I never thought about it before really, but yeah, he probably should have been.

I think he should be. I consider him to be one, and he stands with Vikor and Wun-Dar on my shelf. In My Canon™, he defends the power sword by his fights in the arena, through some complicated plot I won't bother to come up with. But, yeah. I like his bio, but he could have been a 'he-man' as well.

I don't think there should be any He-Man besides He-Man, all others should have just been protectors or called something else. They never used the Power Sword, all they did was protect it.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    As soon as I saw him I thought he'd be best as Adam's real father and not crappy Randor, who, for all intents and puposes, is just a jabroni with no powers at all.

I suppose there's room in the Bio-Canon for him to have been a He-Man anyhow, simply before his gladiator days. Perhaps he offered himself up as a slave to Choloh in exchange for the safety of the Goddess or Sorceress of the time. Maybe this is how Gygor learned of Grayskull's importance, as they were both slaves to Choloh at the time, and the gorilla then fought visciously against his one-time friend to escape and take the Power for himself....!

Or maybe Vykron killed a He-Man, and took his armor.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I don't think there should be any He-Man besides He-Man, all others should have just been protectors or called something else. They never used the Power Sword, all they did was protect it.
    ^ I 100% agree with this. ^

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Pre-Filmation He-Man (probably Oo-Lar) barely used his half of the Power Sword at all, except for extreme threats like when he and Skeletor joined their halves of the Power Sword to fight a Grayskull empowered Trap Jaw. Skeletor used his half all of the time for evil...at least in the Texiera books.

Besides, all of these guys contributed to the legend of He-Man, which Granamyr has heard of.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I suppose there's room in the Bio-Canon for him to have been a He-Man anyhow, simply before his gladiator days. Perhaps he offered himself up as a slave to Choloh in exchange for the safety of the Goddess or Sorceress of the time. Maybe this is how Gygor learned of Grayskull's importance, as they were both slaves to Choloh at the time, and the gorilla then fought visciously against his one-time friend to escape and take the Power for himself....!

Or maybe Vykron killed a He-Man, and took his armor.
    I like both of those ideas.

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    He-Lok is my own creation. He started out as a reason for having a Jungle Attack He-Man figure, and evolved. I always loved the original idea of He-Ro in PoG, AND Lou Scheimer's He-Ro, Son of He-Man concept. I took it a bit further, and theorized a long line of Guardians of Grayskull. I don't call them He-Men (He-Mans?), although there may have been others who used the same name (Like the two He-Ros [He-Roes?]) You can learn more about He-Ro, and my own story of his history by clicking on his name in that post, or going to http://www.brigandine.org/~helok

403749_311627325548321_633834788_n.jpg

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Yeah, this is good. I always had the Goddess in mind for this, but didn't know how to use her. So I might steal this, thanks Uki!

Completely agree. However I don't mind the idea of them being retroactively labelled as "He-Men" by people in the present based on the actions of the real He-Man.

I hope to see more He-Men and She-Ras of the past, or those affiliated with them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Vykron is Roger Sweet's version of He-man, so technically he is a He-Man.

Btw: We really need another term for the "protectors of the sword" than "a He-Man", there is only ONE true He-Man. The real chosen one who can unleash the full power of Grayskull.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

I have been sold on the legend of He-Man. I like the idea of men carrying on the legend through the years. This is where the travelling bard, aka Songster, would carry the legend from village to village, telling the tales and exploits of He-Man throughout the years. I personally would be down for a subline of different He-Men throughout history or localities. This would bring us Ice Armor He-Man, Jungle He-Man, etc, but they would not just be "the" He-Man in different armors, but different people. They could even be different races too, just to make him even more mysterious. I know this is after all other characters are done from all the established eras, but I could see this being fun, akin to the recent Bat Man series they did.

That's exactly how I theorized Vykron. I felt The Goddess was searching for candidates to either be the new He or actually be guardians to the Power of He as Vykron potentially appeared to be one. His amazing combative skills in the arena-like setting made him appear to be attractive, but it was his nature and character which proved him to be the reason why he wasn't. As the Sword chooses it candidates or potential wielders, which Vykron learns this lesson the hard way against Gygor....

Filling in time and space between Grayskull and Adam is a nice way to tell stories about Eternia as a whole as well say, a character like the Goddess and some of the newer obscure characters (Vykor, OoLarr, Vykron, etc). Vykron and his placement in the timeline, has that Spartacus type feel and feel this would definitely would make a great finite series in it's own as well as continue the saga.
    Last edited by Nemisythe; March 19, 2013 at 05:53pm.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Great thread... we need more discussions like this.

I don't think there should ALWAYS be a He-Man, but only in times of great crisis. Vikor was needed because of the Foe Men. Wun-Dar was needed because...something happened then. Oo-Lar emerged to face Skeletor....that one, I DON'T like. I guess it is convenient for Adam to have plausible deniability that he's not He-Man. He can claim that this guy running around battling Skeletor is the same guy that was doing it when he was a toddler. Okay, maybe I like Oo-Lar now.

Uh, what were we talking about? Oh yeah, Vykron. I like to think that if he was in fact a He-Man, he showed up during a time of relative peace. The only conflict happening on Eternia at that time was in the battle arena. Sadly, this made him soft, and he fell when a real threat emerged.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I have been sold on the legend of He-Man. I like the idea of men carrying on the legend through the years. This is where the travelling bard, aka Songster, would carry the legend from village to village, telling the tales and exploits of He-Man throughout the years. I personally would be down for a subline of different He-Men throughout history or localities. This would bring us Ice Armor He-Man, Jungle He-Man, etc, but they would not just be "the" He-Man in different armors, but different people. They could even be different races too, just to make him even more mysterious. I know this is after all other characters are done from all the established eras, but I could see this being fun, akin to the recent Bat Man series they did.
    This is an awesome sub idea.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I don't think there should ALWAYS be a He-Man, but only in times of great crisis.
    Agreed, and I feel the same way about the Sorceress.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Agreed, and I feel the same way about the Sorceress.
    Do you think anyone tends to Grayskull during those times, or does it fade into legend until a Sorceress hears a calling? And what do you think the Goddess is even around?

Those are great points to debate... I believe that the Green Goddess walked Eternia up until the time of birth of the twins of the prophecy. She is not mentioned in the time of Adam and young Teela while Teela'Na (the Sorceress)now wears the snake armor. In the mini-comics you could easily confuse The Green Goddess with Teela (The one that would become the Sorceress, not her daughter/clone)... But, other than the outfit, She stands as her own character in those early books. You asked why the Goddess is around... I would like think she tranfered her essence into the newly cloned baby, Teela (you know how clones are sometimes depicted as soul-less and less than human?) I would like to see a storyline where the Goddess sacrifices herself to save the baby from being a mindless drone under Skeletor's control, so her final act was to infuse her own soul with baby Teela, because she just disappears from the story lines... and this explains to me why Teela is supernaturally skilled at fighting and adapted so well to her fathers training... and she can hang with He-Man in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    Those are great points to debate... I believe that the Green Goddess walked Eternia up until the time of birth of the twins of the prophecy. She is not mentioned in the time of Adam and young Teela while Teela'Na (the Sorceress)now wears the snake armor. In the mini-comics you could easily confuse The Green Goddess with Teela (The one that would become the Sorceress, not her daughter/clone)... But, other than the outfit, She stands as her own character in those early books. You asked why the Goddess is around... I would like think she tranfered her essence into the newly cloned baby, Teela (you know how clones are sometimes depicted as soul-less and less than human?) I would like to see a storyline where the Goddess sacrifices herself to save the baby from being a mindless drone under Skeletor's control, so her final act was to infuse her own soul with baby Teela, because she just disappears from the story lines... and this explains to me why Teela is supernaturally skilled at fighting and adapted so well to her fathers training... and she can hang with He-Man in battle.
    This idea is both strengthened and at odds with the very first minicomic.

Teela is described in that book as being "possessed by ancient warriors". I'm paraphrasing, but read the page where you see her fighting Beastman and Skeletor, it's there. So that strengthens your views there.

The only odd thing is the fact that there is Teela and the Goddess together in that book. So one could say that the Goddess is only with her at times? I dunno.

In the end for me, I like Teela being her own person. She is the daughter of the Sorceress which gives her great power as it is.
    I also am a fan though of when she becomes the Sorceress, that she does take on the Serpent motif with the snake Headdress. So with that, in my opinion, I know what the Sorceress-Teela looks like and we already have her!
    And I like to think that the Goddess did have a hand in helping her train, because she looses the Sorceress, her mother early on and needs someone to train her in the ways of being the magical guardian of Grayskull.

But again, that's just me holding onto old ideas of my own and adapting them slightly to fit with the current story. I still think there's fun in that.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I like this idea. 'Protectors of the Sword" or " Keepers of the Sword" would be a more appropriate designation for the "He-Men". Men who don't actually access the power of Grayskull but simply protect it. This works well because they would be granted "power enhancements" such as power-increasing vests and cosmic weapons in order to protect the Power Sword. There is a need to know only policy regarding how much they know about Grayskull and it's secrets in order to minimize risk. They just know protection of the Sword is vitally important to the universe.

Now the question remains, is there actually a need for them to wield the sword since it's powers don't work for them?