Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING: Snout Spout's trunk breaks!

Quote Originally Posted by npbaity View Post
    How does the 25+ year old ($5 original retail value) version (which I'm sure MANY of us used with water) hold up better than the 3 month old ($20+ Shipping Adult Collector) version?!

Mine appears to but OK but (exasperated sigh) I grow increasingly weary.

My condolences for those who are not so fortunate.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Exactly! My kids still use the original in the bath tub.. holds up like a champ. This is ridiculous!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Sure, why bother with any articulation when the design is clearly impossible to get right?
    I'd have been happy with something akin to the sculpted trunk the 200X staction had. Giving something like Snout Spout's trunk a solid sculpt with articulated "vertebra" would be highly expensive for Mattel to pull off. The other alternative would have been to just do a plastic trunk like the vintage figure, which would also have been fine with me. I'm not sure why they went with a foam trunk…foam disintegrates quickly…i.e. the breakage issues already popping up. I'm half tempted to spray a hard fixative on the trunk making it solid. I don't play with my figures anyway…his trunk is pretty much posed the way I want.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Any more people want to question my decision to quit the line and sell all my figures?
    These things self-destruct just standing on the shelf. The faster I get rid of them the better.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

I've got a bad feeling about this...
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 6.1.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Attachment 72754

"We are dedicated to making quality products" ??? I pulled out my UNO cards after not messing with them for a long time, and had to laugh when I turned the box over and saw this....

Where's that world class Mattel research now?

I'm sure this will be blamed on either the customer being too rough with Snouty, or like Goddess, be blamed on being weakened by a manufacturing process. After almost 70 years of making toys they still can't get certain things right.....vac metal anyone? or a flexible piece of foam plastic that won't break, funny some toys in the 80's played the hell out of by kids have outlasted some modern adult collector toys with supposedly far superior materials.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 7, 2012 at 07:34pm.
    Recent....Blade
    Coming....Scorpia & Battle Lion
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Yep. Let's now pray that his rubbery snakes won't rot or get moldy, and that the metal wires won't come through it... But I must agree with you : Snout Spout seems much more fragile than Hssss. The bottom line is the same, though : no more bendy parts for me.
    I hope & pray that those snakes don't rot! I've got $120 worth of figures, time & blood tied up in that custom Preternian Emperor Hssss!

But I do see your larger point & agree that other more viable & durable options of execution should be explored going forward. The same could be said for Vac Metal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Exactly! My kids still use the original in the bath tub.. holds up like a champ. This is ridiculous!
    They LITERALLY just do not make 'em like that anymore apparently! I'm glad to hear that OG Snout Spout is keeping the next generation entertained!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Any more people want to question my decision to quit the line and sell all my figures?
    These things self-destruct just standing on the shelf. The faster I get rid of them the better.
    This post is a bridge too far.

I respect your decision to quit the line, but regardless of the issues some of us still enjoy the line. No need to troll the forum for more people to follow you in your decision, we're all quite capable of making up our own minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post

I respect your decision to quit the line, but regardless of the issues some of us still enjoy the line. No need to troll the forum for more people to follow you in your decision, we're all quite capable of making up our own minds.
    I'm not trolling...It just irritated me how many people were telling me what I should do with my figures, cause they're so GREAT. Yeah, great at breaking.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

has a known Matty Apologist (by the grace of Count Marzo), This is a REAL problem, I ran up stairs and checked mine, its all good, but he is not holding up his trunk anymore.

Even from the beginning i questioned the use of the trunk material.

So Im guessing, everyone handle with care.

But would like to add, this is still not enough to quit this wonderful toy line.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Thanks for the warning!
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    agree 100%

Now on to this figure, has a known Matty Apologist (by the grace of Count Marzo), This is a REAL problem, I ran up stairs and checked mine, its all good, but he is not holding up his trunk anymore.

Even from the beginning i questioned the use of the trunk material.

So Im guessing, everyone handle with care.

But would like to add, this is still not enough to quit this wonderful toy line.
    I don't see trolling, and I don't see him using a Jedi mind trick on you to force you not to like MOTUC anymore. So using another figure screw-up to further his point, which lead to HIS decision is to you wrong, sorry....WOW wake up everyone apparently I missed something and Tilla is telling us all to stop collecting!!!!

Oh wait, no it's his opinion, and he is entitled to it. And his point is no less valid than anyone seemingly happy to keep accepting Mattels constant screw-ups. Doesn't stop all you guys from coming in every seemingly negative thread and waving the Mattel banner at all those who are genuinely aggravated, and upset, making it seem that all those doing so are wrong and Mattel is God, no matter how many times you guys use the same point over and over, thread after thread. So how is that different than his comment in this thread?

I myself no matter the reason behind this happening is totally uncalled for in a modern toy line, no matter how it's intended to be displayed, shouldn't do this at all.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 7, 2012 at 07:49pm.
    Recent....Blade
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

I'm not trolling...It just irritated me how many people were telling me what I should do with my figures, cause they're so GREAT. Yeah, great at breaking.
    I have zero broken figures and I own at least 1 of each and 2 of each with a 2nd head. So all the figures do not break. Sorry for your bad luck.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    "We are dedicated to making quality products" ??? I pulled out my UNO cards after not messing with them for a long time, and had to laugh when I turned the box over and saw this....
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that statement isn't to be found on any of our MOTUC Product. Plenty about Meeting Saftey Standards & Where to Call or Log On if there's a problem (cuz let's face it, it's YOUR Problem, right?!), but no Quality Assurance or Mission Statement.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    good thing i have a few Snout Spout heads to keep for this very issue.

=\
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

I have zero broken figures and I own at least 1 of each and 2 of each with a 2nd head. So all the figures do not break. Sorry for your bad luck.
    Great so consider yourself lucky to be among those who haven't had a serious enough issue, but my guess is, even if you did, you'd never tell us about it.
    Recent....Blade
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

I don't think the figures are self destructing standing on the shelf lol. Slight exaggeration. Not that i'm defending this as it's bad how easily his trunk splits. I noticed stress marks in mine after posing it a bit after first getting it so have left it hanging down since then to avoid it splitting. Shame they didn't used the rubber they used on King Hiss for his trunk.
    I had wished Whiplash had a more posable tail but it's probably a good job he didn;t if it would have been the same as Snout Spouts trunk.
    Last edited by Rodster6; February 8, 2012 at 05:42am.

This is very unfortunate.i hope this is not a widespread issue.

So,1 figure out of 10,000 breaks and this is the reason to yet again blame Mattel and Scott for everything including the end of the line.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Great so consider yourself lucky to be among those who haven't had a serious enough issue, but my guess is, even if you did, you'd never tell us about it.
    guess you didnt my post that said this is a REAL problem, but I guess its easy to attack someone that supports this line

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I don't think the figures are self destructing standing on the shelf lol. Slight exaggeration. Not that i'm defending this as it's bad how easily his trunk splits. I noticed stress marks in mine after posing it a bit after first getting it so have left it hanging down since then to avoid it splitting. Shame they didn't used the rubber they used on King Hiss for his trunk.
    watch out you will get attacked for trying to say good things about this line, its better just to say its the end of the line
    Last edited by fireball13z; February 7, 2012 at 07:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    I understand your frustration man. I'm with you. But not everyone is ready to throw in the towel just quite yet. Peace bro.

It's the end of the line!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    I always thought that they should have made his trunk out of hard plastic, but telescopic (each section could fit into another piece at one end and over another piece at the other end), so that it had movement.
    Exactly; a basic articulated "tenticle" kinda thing that has been used with many toys. Dunno why they didn't go with that. I knew I didn't like the foam material when I saw it. At the very least they could have used the same rubber they used on King Hsss; still, I'm not big on bendy items.

Same kinda goes for Whiplash's tail. Before he was made I had assumed they would do similar points of articulation, as you described. But we got a big 'ol useless chunk. Then, somehow, they decided that foam was a good way to go in terms of a bendy item. Granted, I don't know how many of these are gona rip like this, but it's still something I'm sure most of us thought when we first got it in hand. You collect any amount of toys and you tend to see what's gona work and what isn't.

Oh well, I guess. Still mostly good choices overall. I disagree with so little, but when I do, it seems like something that would have been obvious. You've got so much useful articulation in these figures...why cut things out or try something like foam on something that will be bent often?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't see trolling, and I don't see him using a Jedi mind trick on you to force you not to like MOTUC anymore. So using another figure screw-up to further his point, which lead to HIS decision is to you wrong, sorry....WOW wake up everyone apparently I missed something and Tilla is telling us all to stop collecting!!!!

Oh wait, no it's his opinion, and he is entitled to it. And his point is no less valid than anyone seemingly happy to keep accepting Mattels constant screw-ups. Doesn't stop all you guys from coming in every seemingly negative thread and waving the Mattel banner at all those who are genuinely aggravated, and upset, making it seem that all those doing so are wrong and Mattel is God, no matter how many times you guys use the same point over and over, thread after thread. So how is that different than his comment in this thread?

I myself no matter the reason behind this happening is totally uncalled for in a modern toy line, no matter how it's intended to be displayed, shouldn't do this at all.
    And peace to you too.

guess you didnt my post that said this is a REAL problem, but I guess its easy to attack someone that supports this line

watch out you will get attacked for trying to say good things about this line, its better just to say its the end of the line
    I did see what you said...and? I was referring to the fact that you said All the figures don't break, and that you claim to not have any issues (to which I said count yourself lucky), never said you didn't admit it wasn't an issue. When I'm sure not many send their figures through what the 80's figures went through, and yet this has happened, all the Goddess figures didn't break either, but that's not saying they are ticking time bombs.

I support the line, I love the line, but I don't support those who make it seem just because they supposedly don't have issues, others are exaggerating, or outright lying, just to make Mattel look bad, or Scott....But I guess it's easy to attack someone who feels disappointed in the line.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 7, 2012 at 08:14pm.
    Recent....Blade
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    This is very unfortunate.i hope this is not a widespread issue.

So,1 figure out of 10,000 breaks and this is the reason to yet again blame Mattel and Scott for everything including the end of the line.
    It's not just one but this is the first one to get a dramatic breakage... There HAVE been a couple of snout spouts with small cracks on the trunk... (Mine has a few and I haven't touched that figure since I took him out of the package... Well except for the time I noticed the cracks on his trunk)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    I figured this would be a problem if one left his trunk in such a position for an extended period of time due to tiny stress marks on it. It does suck because that is a good pose for him from the vintage commercial, but I'd just superglue that up just like my parents did for me when I had similar mishaps as a kid in the 80s. Almost good as new quick fix with a little glue!

It's a shame that someone's Snout Spout's trunk split after being left in that position, but it's also not really another MAJOR reason to grab the pitchforks and torches is it and make a thread full of "end of the line" Mattel bashing comments is it?
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!