Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING: Snout Spout's trunk breaks!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Convoy View Post
    A new villain- Sonic Wel-dor!
    oh he is evil! he busted the Goddesses hips! *giggity*

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    This is not good at all. I bet this figure will break anyway with the passage of time.

So glad I put the 200X station head on mine.

Heroic Warrior
    I can't wait to see what the next issue will be... (sigh)

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Ridiculous. 3 figures have been reported, in this so far 4 page thread, to be faulty and you all hit the red alert button. Then you gotta dig the boot in to TG as well.

That's sad. I think he's doing a good job. Carry sir. Make me more figures.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Just saw this thread and went to check my Snout Spout cause I too used the fork to hold up the trunk. Cause it looked cool! and this is what mine is like!

Not a happy camper! I knew this would be an issue, but so soon? Why is there always these issues? If it's not one thing it's another! So tired of these things!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Oh, for God's sake! Do you apologists know no bounds?

At least you're good for a laugh...
    They truly don't, it appears. Even in light of this, there are still others who believe Mattel does no wrong.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    As soon I started seeing stress marks I put mine away.
    That & he looks better with the Eternian head.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Oh man! thats lame! i was thinking about getting him and making him a rebel, now i don't know. Is the trunk rubber or is it a foam or what?
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

Heroic Warrior
    Good for me that Snout Spout is standing in a lame 6 neutral position

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Just saw this thread and went to check my Snout Spout cause I too used the fork to hold up the trunk. Cause it looked cool! and this is what mine is like!

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...utbreakage.jpg

Not a happy camper! I knew this would be an issue, but so soon? Why is there always these issues? If it's not one thing it's another! So tired of these things!
    Hmm, but all the figures don't break...yet even Pixel Dan got stress marks on his....anyone can say there is no issue, but move the snout enough on all the figures, I'll bet quite a few do this if not all of them....well Mattel said no action features in MOTUC....I guess they meant it. I was under the assumption these were action figures, yet at least 2 of them you have to treat with kid gloves in order not to break them, I guess it's a great time to be a MOSC collector.

Some of the Goddess figures may have escaped the supposed factory error hip issue, but if this is in the rubber / foam whatever they used...it's probably going to affect quite a few of these, it's not a factory error, it's a design / material error. It's very funny my son has a Shaggy figure, that is years old that is a wire frame covered in PVC, and it has yet to crack, peel or even show signs of stress at all, and both him an I have twisted that dude into poses that would kill a MOTUC, yet Snout Spout a mere few months old is cracking, and breaking....hmmm
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 7, 2012 at 11:36pm.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

This thread convinced me not to pick him up on e bay.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Hmm, but all the figures don't break...yet even Pixel Dan got stress marks on his....anyone can say there is no issue, but move the snout enough on all the figures, I'll bet quite a few do this....well Mattel said no action features in MOTUC....I guess they meant it.
    But the issue is that most people were NOT moving his nose around. They just posed it and left it alone! It shouldn't have rotted with in a couple of months like that! Again a poor choice in materials by Matty cause they wanted to cut costs. They should have made it out of a rubber material, Like Gumby. Which might I add I have which is from the 70's and is still decent shape. The wires might be broken, but the rubber is still intact!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    But the issue is that most people were NOT moving his nose around. They just posed it and left it alone! It shouldn't have rotted with in a couple of months like that! Again a poor choice in materials by Matty cause they wanted to cut costs. They should have made it out of a rubber material, Like Gumby. Which might I add I have which is from the 70's and is still decent shape. The wires might be broken, but the rubber is still intact!
    I was being sarcastic, about the fact that some think no matter how many of these things may break there is never a serious issue. And I added above about a Shaggy figure I gave to my son, that is years old, wire frame wrapped in PVC, that is not broken or stressed or cracked either. I get most don't pose and repose, still it's an issue for ones that are static 99% of the time, and will continue to be....But what about the ones that actively move the snout, they are more likely to encounter this sooner than most, this should not happen for what these things cost.

But to please those who sing high praises, lets sit back and see how many other Snouts do the same thing....but even when they do, it still won't be a big deal to some, just accept it and move on, there's no big issue here at all. But yet the Goddess wasn't seen to be a big deal for the longest time, yet way after the fact Mattel now offers refunds on her.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 7, 2012 at 11:48pm.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    No surprise here!!!! Not for nothing BUT, Did we as fans request that Snout Spouts trunk be flexible? I would have been happy with a soft/solid plastic trunk. I knew that this wire in foam would end up being a problem.
    i dunno. i can tell you i don't recall anyone asking for a defective snout spout.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    i dunno. i can tell you i don't recall anyone asking for a defective snout spout.
    This and he's been out for going on 4 months now.

I guess the old commercial inspired pose isnt a good one to leave him in with his bendy trunk for an extended period of time.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

So this immediately has me wondering how they'll handle Scorpia and Octavia. I'm hoping...not like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry75 View Post
    So shouldn't we ask the original poster how much pressure he applied to the trunk before it broke? I mean come on, apply enough pressure to ANY of the figures and it will get damaged...
    Are you serious bro?
    I propped it up on the axe fork like any other fan who had the orginal would. The bend in the trunk wasn't even that much when I left him. It's obvious that this material just isn't really meant to be bended and although the intention was good (and appreciated) it just wasn't the right way to go for the trunk. My 80s SS trunk is still perfect!! What does that say!?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

My King Hsss istill fine. The plastic is harder than the foamy one used on SS.
    They should stay away from that from now on.

They should have gone with the 200X head, that is too bad-ass to break
    We know now why the vintage head was sad, he has a broken trunk.

Illustrator for Hire Prince He-Dude's Avatar
    Hey Guys so here is MY Snout Spout. As you can see mine broke in almost the exact same place as my bro, oIcemano. And I didn't even have his trunk propped up with the axe.

Not cool Matty, not cool.
    HEROIC ILLUSTRATOR FOR HIRE!
    My Webcomic:
    http://juviescomic.blogspot.com/

My DeviantArt page:
    http://kaos2007.deviantart.com/

www.kaosproduktionstudios.com

Whaaaat!? So you just had it posed in a curving up position??

Good grief
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Illustrator for Hire Prince He-Dude's Avatar
    Yup. I didn't use the axe coz I feared this would happen.
    HEROIC ILLUSTRATOR FOR HIRE!
    My Webcomic:
    http://juviescomic.blogspot.com/

My DeviantArt page:
    http://kaos2007.deviantart.com/

www.kaosproduktionstudios.com

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flaming_knob View Post
    Ridiculous. 3 figures have been reported, in this so far 4 page thread, to be faulty and you all hit the red alert button. Then you gotta dig the boot in to TG as well.

That's sad. I think he's doing a good job. Carry sir. Make me more figures.
    The red button does get punched too quickly sometimes, just like with Swift Wind. It sounded and felt, judging from everyone's reaction, that SO MANY PEOPLE had reversed legs on SW. But when the poll result came back, the number of faulty swift winds was pretty low. Not an excuse I known, but just to put things in perspective.

Again, i've been collecting this line since the start and only had 2 breakages so far (Trap Jaw's ankle and Grizzlor's arm) and both figures were replaced. I can't say the same about a lot of other toylines that I collect and that don't have a customer service that will send you a spare figure if it breaks. Not to mention an EXTRA figure (they never asked for the two faulty figures back)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Heroic Warrior
    Offer a 200x head as a replacement, problem solved!

Heroic Warrior
    It is very unfortunate that another figure has to join the Goddess and Hurricane Hordak with the "crumbling to pieces" action feature. I left mine unposed after watching Pixel Dan's video, so I've had no problems so far. Who here wants to bet that the trunk and loin cloth on this figure will be dry rotted by this time next year?