Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING: Snout Spout's trunk breaks!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-Man View Post
    I was thinking about that. Casting a resin one anyway. Not really a big fan of the bendy gimmick honestly.
    When we re-opened on Friday we were messing around with some customs and Jeremy replaced the head on his Snout Spout with one from a Staction. It looks really dang cool. So I may just go that route if I can find an inexpensive Staction to cannibalize.

Hey Brian, would it be legal if you, Jeremy, and Bill cast one and sell the casts on spymonkeycreations to replace the broken ones? Maybe one that looks slightly different than the trunk of the 4H, so that you do not simply copy their design?

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    Get your new toy smell right here folks!
    Gotta love that chemical odor!
    You'll receive a headache free of charge!
    I've never had a headache or anything from it luckily. Bad it effects you like that. I'm the opposite, I miss it when the smell gradually fades away lol.

It is amazing the 80s squeeze has never split or even had stress marks in. Why couldn't that material have been used?

OMG. Just got home, read the first thread, checked my slightly posed Snout Spout ... and indeed a crack has started underneath at the join. I've now repositioned snout to neutral pose but quite concerned! Once a crack has started ...
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    You know, to fix this problem (at least for people who have removed the figure from the packaging) Mattel wouldn't even have to remake the entire figure. They could just make corrected heads using different material and send those out to people having this problem. The body of the figure is fine so there's no reason to reproduce the full figure with accessories, packaging, and everything just to correct this head problem.

Yeah, it would still cost some money on their end, but not as much as it would if the full figure needed to be replaced.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Oops, too late - mine's split in the exact same spot as the one shown in the photo on the first page of this thread. I've repositioned him now. I'm not going to make a fuss on DR's customer support, though. It's not that I wouldn't if I thought it was that big a deal, I just don't see the point for something that is sort of an "out of sight, out of mind" fix.

I think this is really crappy for the people that this is happening too, I am lucky mine is still cool, but I just hope Mattel stops trying to be cute with some of their material choices.

Hope something can be done for you guys with the issues.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I took my Snout Spout out of the package - placed him in a suitable pose - bent his nose to the left slightly and let him sit.....a month later I looked and saw a blue line.....investigated and realized that his trunk split! I mean, I guess I can understand how that happened.....no movement - just the stress of it SITTING IN THE SAME POSE FOR A MONTH caused it to break!

Not sure if it's even worth bugging DR for a replacement....I mean, it's Snout Spout, after all. But the principle of the matter.....for $28 after shipping.....that is pretty annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Dayton72 View Post
    Not sure if it's even worth bugging DR for a replacement....I mean, it's Snout Spout, after all. But the principle of the matter.....for $28 after shipping.....that is pretty annoying!
    Yeah, getting a replacement from DR is kind of pointless since it will just be another defective one. This needs to be taken care of by way of make new corrected heads and sending them to everyone who ordered a Snout Spout (regardless of whether the trunks have split or not yet, since it's obvious that they are not made to last).

This should NOT be as complicated as the Goddess issue because as I said earlier, only the head needs to be replaced since the heads are swapable, not the whole figure. In the case of the Goddess, with such a substatial breakage happening in the middle of the figure itself, so pretty much the whole figure (or at least the body, which is the bulk of the figure) needed to be replaced. And the Goddess didn't sell all that well, while Snout Spout did sell out.

So considering Snout Spout's comparitive success as a figure and the fact that only a small portion of the figure needs replacing, there's no reason that Mattel can't take care of this issue properly. Yes, it will likely take some time to figure out what kind of material to use for the corrected heads, produce them, get them sent from overseas, etc, but they should get a plan together ASAP to actually take care of this PROPERLY and communicate it to fans.

I think this is something that we really need to rally for. It's the most reasonable solution to the problem. This is a small line with limited resources, so I can see where replacing the whole figure would be an issue. But I don't think asking for just a replacement head is all that unreasonable.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; February 8, 2012 at 09:55am.

I like the replacement head idea

Hope Mattel/Toy Guru sees this thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    Get your new toy smell right here folks!
    Gotta love that chemical odor!
    You'll receive a headache free of charge!

family-guy-cookie-dough.gif

The resulting fan with other addictions

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Offer a 200x head as a replacement, problem solved!
    TG: good idea. we'll add a 200x variant to the 2012 sub. only $20...$22 outside of the sub.

Heroic Warrior
    So where exactly is Toyguru?
    Probably writing some more blogs about the figures we already have. Oh wait, I forgot... he does that on his own time.

Offer a 200x head as a replacement, problem solved!
    How about a classic head for a replacement, but instead of a foam trunk we get a rubber trunk. (or a solid plastic trunk)
    Last edited by mekaneckpain; February 8, 2012 at 10:02am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    You guys flexed a flexible appendage. What did you expect to happen?

/sarcasm
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Probably writing some more blogs about the figures we already have. Oh wait, I forgot... he does that on his own time.
    I liked his staying late on Fridays for research cause he didn't leave at 1. I pictured him staying till 8 or 9 not 3 or 4.

Just checked my Snout Spout, no breakage yet.

J

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Great so consider yourself lucky to be among those who haven't had a serious enough issue, but my guess is, even if you did, you'd never tell us about it.
    Actually, thats not fair. Why would he lie? I have a HUGE loose collection myself, and besides some loose ankles all of mine are still A-ok. HECK, even Goddess is still lookin good on the shelf. I wouldnt lie to you Shadowfall...I SWEAR IT!
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

master of hiphop
    sometimes its nice to be an MOC collector see plastic prison is good for some
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    sometimes its nice to be an MOC collector see plastic prison is good for some
    Except that mine split in the package...

And for those talking about trying for a replacement, DR does not have any qc snout spouts. They didn't have any the week he came out. I have asked toy guru about it several times with no response.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

so what's the point of that guy telling people to get a replacement if there are no replacements?

so he just deliberately wants you to lose 9$?, niiiiiiiice!
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    Actually, thats not fair. Why would he lie? I have a HUGE loose collection myself, and besides some loose ankles all of mine are still A-ok. HECK, even Goddess is still lookin good on the shelf. I wouldnt lie to you Shadowfall...I SWEAR IT!

I don't have my snout spout's trunk posed or anything; mostly because I was worried this might happen. But I have to say, I'm the same as this guy, besides a few loose joints (backwards shoulders and swift wind's legs excluded) all my figures are holding up well. And yes, I did check my Snout Spout last night.

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Except that mine split in the package...

And for those talking about trying for a replacement, DR does not have any qc snout spouts. They didn't have any the week he came out. I have asked toy guru about it several times with no response.

That's another question that I want answered.... what is with this low-to-non-existent supply of customer service stock lately? Someone started a thread saying that they sent back a defective BG Evil-Lyn for replacement and instead received a refund. When they inquired about why, they were told there was no extra stock. There was a similar story around here involving the Wind Raider as well.

It's bad enough that everything is such a problem and a hassle to even deal with DR customer service, but now we can't even get replacements, and instead have to be left with holes in our collections? Sure, there's the "option" of going to ebay or the marketplace here, but with production being reduced and figures not getting reissued, the prices on some of the figures may go up, and we'll be forced to pay out our rear ends in these situations just to have a complete collection.

I really don't like being THIS negative about things... while I've had my complaints here and there in the past, I've never been THIS down on Matty, but holey crap, the quality control and customer service are just going right down the toilet lately! I'm really debating whether I should keep spending money on this line and supporting it. I NEVER thought I would ever even consider quiting as an option (short of a change in my financial situation forcing me to), but lately I'm just not sure if it's worth it if we have to go through the hassle of returning items when we don't even get replacements in exchange for them!

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    This thread convinced me not to pick him up on e bay.
    Me too. ............
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    Another example for a problem, which could be avoided, if they decided against the action feature and used normal plastic...

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Another example for a problem, which could be avoided, if they decided against the action feature and used normal plastic...
    It has absolutely nothing to do with the "action feature"; it's simply the materials used on the trunk. What they should've done is used a stronger material that would actually hold up to the stress of posing. It can clearly be done properly, as is evident by the heaps of other figures with the same features that don't break (ie: VINTAGE Snout Spout ).

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    It has absolutely nothing to do with the "action feature"; it's simply the materials used on the trunk. What they should've done is used a stronger material that would actually hold up to the stress of posing. It can clearly be done properly, as is evident by the heaps of other figures with the same features that don't break (ie: VINTAGE Snout Spout ).
    well they had to make somthing out of all the unsold Stay Puffs

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    well they had to make somthing out of all the unsold Stay Puffs
    OMG! That's right! I wonder how he is holding up now? Anyone having his starting to crack and what not?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban