Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING: Snout Spout's trunk breaks!

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I'm happy to say my trunk is limp with a slight bend to it.

LOL!!!!!!!
    darn, man, I nearly drowned in my coffee
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Well, I have my Stay Puft as display only and he has started to yellow on his shoulders. I'll check on Snout Spout which I have not touched since I opened him up when I get home from work.
    There are two possible explanations...Stay Puft has a self-toasting action feature, OR you were lucky enough to get the Stay Puft Marshyellow Man variant.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Stay Puft was meant to change like in the movie, where he was bright white when he first showed up, then changed to a burned look when they were blasting him until like in the movie he explodes and covers everything on your shelf in a foamy gooey looking mess. That is the plan, and why you paid so much for him...didn't you know that? It it the ultimate action feature. At this point with things, Granamyr being a dragon will probably spontaneously combust, or set fire to your other Classics figures. And SMAA will probably be so loose you'll have to lay him on his belly to display him....OK maybe not, but I had to use the snake reference.

Also I talked with my 2 friends who collect around here, and one has a MOSC collection, and one has loose and opened figures, and out of their combined 3 2 have split, and one is still sealed, the sealed one has small cracks like dry rot where you can see the blue in the cracks, but the one loose one tore right off after moving it once to repose it the other day after not touching it in months, and is only hanging by the wire, needless to say he is po'd.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 9, 2012 at 01:30pm.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I won't try to defend this at all...this just sucks. I didn't get Snout Spout, partially because I hate his design, and partially because I could see the fundamental flaw in the trunk...I've never seen a toy with that construction last through any kind of play. What I want is a 200x Snout Spout, with a solid trunk, tusks, and better armor...this is pretty lame. Not "deth of teh line" lame, but def. Green Goddess lame.

OK, my faith is faltering. I have not opened either of my SS yet (or Goddess) and I am really hesitant to do so. I just cant believe that Mattel does not understand the materials needed to make quality toys, especially since the vintage Snout Spout is still doing fine after all these years. Looking at this, it makes me beleive they really are not putting any thought in these figures besides $$$$. Last time I heard "engineer" required a college education and these guys dont look at the materials? I wish Matty would come out with something on this as after 11 pages and numerous reports of broken trunks, it seems as if most, if not all, will be affected by this over time. I plan on holding onto these "toys" forever and dont like the idea that they will just "die", and I dont play with my toys, but now I am even concerned with posing them and that is sad.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    There are two possible explanations...Stay Puft has a self-toasting action feature, OR you were lucky enough to get the Stay Puft Marshyellow Man variant.
    Well, to be fair Skele-T, my realm is pretty toasty to begin with. Earthly possessions tend not to stay in good condition for long. But, since he is toasted I am very inclined to take a bite out of him...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Well, to be fair Skele-T, my realm is pretty toasty to begin with. Earthly possessions tend not to stay in good condition for long. But, since he is toasted I am very inclined to take a bite out of him...
    Dude, don't do it. I wouldn't eat ANYTHING that came out of a Mattel factory.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Dude, don't do it. I wouldn't eat ANYTHING that came out of a Mattel factory.
    Sounds like a dare to me! A double dog dare?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Court Magician
    So it sounds to me like we'll need an enterprising and creative customizer to come up with a fix/new head for this. I wonder why they chose to use foam and not some kind of interlocking 'chain' type of assembly made of plastic that could hold poses? I wonder if someone could come up with something like that on shapeways? A replacement head or just a snout. Anyway, it's a darn shame because, although I never had the toy as a kid and didn't have strong attachment to the character, I have to say I really like the MOTUC figure.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    OK, my faith is faltering. I have not opened either of my SS yet (or Goddess) and I am really hesitant to do so. I just cant believe that Mattel does not understand the materials needed to make quality toys, especially since the vintage Snout Spout is still doing fine after all these years. Looking at this, it makes me beleive they really are not putting any thought in these figures besides $$$$. Last time I heard "engineer" required a college education and these guys dont look at the materials? I wish Matty would come out with something on this as after 11 pages and numerous reports of broken trunks, it seems as if most, if not all, will be affected by this over time. I plan on holding onto these "toys" forever and dont like the idea that they will just "die", and I dont play with my toys, but now I am even concerned with posing them and that is sad.
    Dewd said it all here!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    Add my snout spout to the list... the trunk is split badly.

Heroic Warrior
    EXACTLY. This is the number ONE reason I'm out. I really wanted Scott to see that someone who spent nearly $5000 on these toys is GONE, NEVER TO RETURN, and not just with MOTUC. I'll never buy another Mattel toy, period. MAYBE that will be enough to get SOMEBODY'S attention at Mattel, and get them to make some positive changes for those who stay with the line.
    Man, you're totally kidding yourself. What does a billion dollar corporation care about your measly $5000? The sad fact is, they don't. If you don't buy their toys, someone else will. If you were talking about a small upstart like Spy Monkey, they'd care, but not a huge company. Sorry.

Devourer of Souls Barron Gagnat's Avatar
    Why didn't they use the same material as on King Hiss' snake arms instead?
    More than three shakes and you're playing with yourself
    My collection: http://s511.photobucket.com/albums/s...%20Collection/
    My wanted-list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...64#post1999764

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Man, you're totally kidding yourself. What does a billion dollar corporation care about your measly $5000? The sad fact is, they don't. If you don't buy their toys, someone else will. If you were talking about a small upstart like Spy Monkey, they'd care, but not a huge company. Sorry.
    Thing is though, will he be the last? And how many unspoken collectors that do not post online have already done so? No way to be sure on that one, subs were down for more reasons than retailers not buying as many.

I myself have a friend who is done with the subs, since the beginning in '10, his 2012 sub is his last, and even he said unless things get better he's done, and he has every figure to date, including SDCC versions & all non sub, even the King Grayskull Statue version, and he is a die hard collector, but since his Spouty's snout just fell off and his Goddess blowing her crotch & having his sub cancelled 6 times last year, once this year, and being told they have no more Wind Raiders to replace his mispainted & missing pieces one....he's on the border of stepping out....

So how many more?

Mattel itself may not be bothered, but Scott will worry a bit, when he has one less line to manage, and his self proclaimed dream line ends when enough collectors have their fill of one disappointment after another. I don't want to see the line end, I do really like it, I even scaled back Transformers to collect it, and with me it was always Transformers...so that has to tell you something, but unless Scott addresses all these issues that have recently struck the line since November, and all the CS issues with DR before that, things may not look good for the line, and the customers are not to blame for this.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 9, 2012 at 04:07pm.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I think 2013 ends up being the last year for MOTUC. Too many mistakes in 2011 and 2012 is starting off with a THUD.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

I'm thinking the same as you shadowfall. I've got loads of Transformers, it was always my #1 favourite cartoon as a kid and the toys have just gotten better and better over the years (seriously, Wreck Gar is just a masterpiece, even though he's a dog to transform!). But, like you, I eased back on my TF collecting to get the MOTUC and GB figures from Matty. Honestly, for the price I pay for one Matty figure, I can buy three TF's from Tesco! It's gotten to the point now where I'm looking at my figures and, as much as I love them, I can't see the value in them. Yes, I love them, I think they're wonderfully designed, but the implementation is the problem here; we see a great design from the 4H and several months later we're presented with something that vaguely resembles what we saw at NYTF/SDCC etc.

And for those who keep saying there are flaws in all toy lines, I happily accept that. However, I can take loose ankles on a figure I paid £8.99 for, but when I've paid upwards of £22 I darn-well expect it to stand unaided! Small collector line should mean better quality, not worse.

I signed up this year despite the fact my GB sub got cancelled last year; I had hoped that things would change. Thus far I still have my subs, but I'm under no illusions that I'll be immune from DR's incompetence in that arena! I'm generally happy with the reveals so far, although I wish I didn't have to buy TP He-Man and SMMA. Don't get me wrong, I knew there would be some figures in the sub I wouldn't want, but I was hoping that would be offset with the likes of Glimmer or Frosta; so far, not.

Whatever happens with this line, one thing's for sure, you can add me to the growing list of people who'll be unlikely to sub next year. I won't say I'll never buy another Mattel product again because, let's face it, I'm going to, even if I do so by accident (I only realised a couple of weeks ago that Mattel now own Matchbox! When did that happen?!). But I can't see me getting pulled into a poorly run subscription next year, no matter how mind-blowing the exclusive figure is.

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    They'd better care...I'm just one person, and I've spent five thousand dollars on Mattel toys since '08. How much money will they continue to lose when other people get fed up to the point of quitting? I may only be one person, but I MATTER, and my money matters. The company who does not recognize the value of each and every customer they have is doomed to fail eventually. If this current economy has shown us anything, it's that NO company is too big to fail, even Mattel.

Skeletorilla. Just remember you are one member of a very small fanbase of a very very very small toyline. Not sure how that is supposed to help you out, but Scott says it all the time, so it must mean something.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Skeletorilla. Just remember you are one member of a very small fanbase of a very very very small toyline. Not sure how that is supposed to help you out, but Scott says it all the time, so it must mean something.
    Yes, I am very, very, small. My wallet is big though...ol' Scotty forgot about that!

I'm not surprised at all. Mattel always uses the cheapest plastic for their "rubberized' parts. Before hearing the canned excuse that "is a small line" and budget is too small" "just be happy with what you get" I gotta say that this is not a problem exclusive to motuc but RETAIL as well. My clayface from the dc universe classics 2 pack has begun to split apart. Quality control is a mess across ALL lines. my Swamp thing has started to have stress marks and snouty ...well we all know where it will end up right? I have never used them, just got them out of the package, only for display never posed etc..Mattel needs to correct this!:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I think we should take our defective Snout Spout trunks/heads and chuck them at Scott when he gives his presentation at Power Con...
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Sometimes I think Mattel wants to be the first at doing something unique. The problem is that the reason it was never done before is due to the instability factor. Dry rot, breakages, and other issues are the fault of the manufacturer. I'm not going to blame the poor Chinese workers though, I blame Mattel.

Mattel needs to learn the term K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid). Stop trying to be fancy when you don't have the facilities (or logistics) to do it right.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

What a shocker. Another QC issue from Mattel? Say it isn't so. If anything is going to kill this line (and others) it's the fact that QC does not get better. Most people can understand a mistake or two, but not learning from the mistakes is a serious issue. A lot of people talk about the negativity among the MOTUC fan-base. I don't imagine any collectors of this line want to be negative. We pay a premium price and we expect a defect free product. That DC Clayface picture from Hunter Knight makes me sick. What kind of materials is this company using? I have subscribed to all of Mattel's subscriptions thus far as toy collecting is a big hobby of mine. I love the properties, I'm willing to give you my money Mattel. Is it too much to ask that you give me a quality product? I am embarrassed for Mattel at this point.

Teela will be very sad about this news.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
    Teela will be very sad about this news.
    oh snap! I'm not sure how you meant it, but I took that as hysterical!
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.