Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING: Snout Spout's trunk breaks!

I disagree: though I have no interest in 200x Snouty, I'd love a concept version as a quarterly variant.

Its not a widespread issue!??!!?

I guarantee in the next year this thread will accumulate more pages from reports by fans of their SS trunk breaking. The people who have reported that their trunks are still good as new are lucky... for now... Its going to break. unless for some weird reason Mattel have used two different types of bendy material... one good, one not...)
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Well, if 25% of Swiftwind's production run having the wrong kind of legs wasn't a big deal, why would this be any different. This is your Snout Spout, people !!!

Don't count on any compensation, because this is just a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny line

In my opinion, the best thing you can do right now, is to buy moulding rubber and make a cast of the trunk in a solid material. If it's cracking in three months, who knows what shape it will be in a year from now.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

This line is just losing it.....2012 is a terrible year so far!

Ah ****, just checked mine, and it is also torn.

I posted this in another thread, but to reiterate, in addition to the 2mm crack I have three segments from the end of the trunk, today I have noticed a larger, more worrying crack at the bottom of the end of the trunk. He's been in a neutral position since I took him out of the box about 3 or 4 weeks ago, I have not had his trunk propped up in the axe and I've not been fiddling with him (oi!). The only thing I can think of that might be affecting him is that it's been particularly cold in West Norfolk over the last week (we had snow!) and we've had the central heating on more. I can only assume the additional heat during the day, and low temps during the night, are causing the rubber to expand and contract at an unusual rate, thus creating the cracks.

If the poster above is right and they've used left over foam from Puffy, I can say that he's not affected (although he is starting to look like a urine sample!).

So, in conclusion, thanks Mattel for a quality figure!

:roll:

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post

I guarantee in the next year this thread will accumulate more pages from reports by fans of their SS trunk breaking. The people who have reported that their trunks are still good as new are lucky... for now... Its going to break. unless for some weird reason Mattel have used two different types of bendy material... one good, one not...)

has tg already said that?!, it's crazy, this seems to be a lot more common than the leg issue in SW, not to mention SO MUCH MORE SERIOUS

I mean breaking IN PACKAGE!, that's nuts!
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Quote Originally Posted by Romer View Post
    has tg already said that?!, it's crazy, this seems to be a lot more common than the leg issue in SW, not to mention SO MUCH MORE SERIOUS

I mean breaking IN PACKAGE!, that's nuts!
    Here's what was said:

Q. - I'm sure that Mattel has seen this post and the news post posted on He-man.org about this new issue of the foam used for Snout Spout's trunk. Does Mattel plan to make a statement or at least to promise not to use this specific material for future figures?

A - Yes, I've seen the posts on other sites about this issue. If you have a toy that breaks, you can return or through customer service. The issue does not appear that widespread but I have passed it along to our design team to review.

We never intend to put out anything but great figures and I am sorry for anyone who has less then perfect figures. It is a shame when figures break or are damaged after time. It is never intentional.

I dont know why everyone is complaining. To get such a weird and obscure character like Snout Spout was a blessing.
    My B/S/T

My feedback

Did you know that Mattel is trying to kill Teh Lien??

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Here's what was said:

Q. - I'm sure that Mattel has seen this post and the news post posted on He-man.org about this new issue of the foam used for Snout Spout's trunk. Does Mattel plan to make a statement or at least to promise not to use this specific material for future figures?

A - Yes, I've seen the posts on other sites about this issue. If you have a toy that breaks, you can return or through customer service. The issue does not appear that widespread but I have passed it along to our design team to review.

We never intend to put out anything but great figures and I am sorry for anyone who has less then perfect figures. It is a shame when figures break or are damaged after time. It is never intentional.

I am still frustrated with this answer... however to come partially to Scott's defense, he may not have the full authority to actually go into production on new figures or even just new replacement heads for these figures. There are likely hire ups at Mattel who would have to approve these things, and either they flat out told him no, or he knew that they would from past experience. Having said that...

What does frustrate me about this is that we didn't get this statement from him on this issue until it came in the form of a response to a question aimed directly at him. As he says in response to the question, he had seen the posts. Okay, then why not reply to those posts of your own accord and not sit there silent until someone directly comes at you with the question? The day this thread started and was already a few pages long, he was logged into He-Man.org and was posting replies in other threads on other topics. Why not take the time to post a response to this? Even if he didn't have an answer yet, a simple, "Hey guys, I see this issue and I'm looking into it" would at least help. Even though I wasn't expecting a miracle answer to this (or even what by the standard of most other toy companies and their customers would be a reasonable answer), I was at least hoping that with him being on here that day, even though he didn't post anything in this thread at the time, that he at least saw it, was looking into it, and would have then posted a response as soon as he had further info without someone having to directly approach him for it. Instead, he doesn't bother even addressing it until someone directly asks him about it, and in theory had no one done that, no response would ever have been given. THAT does rub me the wrong way.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Clearly there is but one solution to this problem, a Battle Ground Snout Spout (2k2) that comes with an additional non-bendy vintage head.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterzaku View Post
    Not sure if this character warrants another precious slot in the line.
    This is exactly what a head pack would fix without a variant slot getting used up.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

So, it's okay if we all get defective figures, since we should just be happy to have the character in the first place? Nice logic, there.

And yeah, Scott's reponse does make it sound like he's kind of blowing it off.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Here's what was said:

he has to be intentionally playing it down!!, clearly it's a bigger deal than before!!, bigger than with goddess.

I wouldn't settle with returning the figure, there, right THERE you lost 10 bucks

I would take refund WITHOUT sending the figure, that way maybe one could invest in a staction and replace the head

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveFork View Post
    So, it's okay if we all get defective figures, since we should just be happy to have the character in the first place? Nice logic, there.
    yeah, I agree
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

I'm actually curious about just how many Snout Spouts have this issue. At first, I was ready to be like "*** TG U LIAR!!!11" but the more I think about it, the more I wonder. I mean, even if 30 people in this thread had theirs break, that's 30 people out of what...a few thousand? Not that I'm downplaying it, either...I'm just genuinely curious, partially because mine actually isn't cracked.

I think we need to start a poll Swiftwind styles.

Since some people keep thinking it is only a small number, I wanted to add mine to the list. Blue starting to show at each bend in the snout. So add me to the "small" list.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Warrior
    -The ISUUES with this toy line have been persistent since 2008.
    -Since the beginning we've been told that the ISSUES are being addressed, with no results.
    -We get nothing but cryptic double-talk from the brand manager every time an ISSUE arrises.
    -In return, fans lash out at TG because of the above.

All this makes me think that deep down, at a subliminal level. TG/Mattel enjoys the backlash that they receive from disgruntled fans. I really think that a lot of what goes on is done on purpose just to annoy those who feel real passion for the line. It's sick... but for whatever reason, I think mattel likes to **** off their customers. Why else would they not fix what needs fixing. They must spend millions just to save pennies like most other corporations. The customer is the last person they care about. I don't get it.

Scott's; and by proxy, Mottel's, response to this issue makes it harder to defend him. "It's not a widespread issue." ?!

*sigh*

It's not like making a replacment head would call for any new tooling, just fill the mold with a different material, and offer it as a free replacment for fans. I know they'll take a hit, but there is absolutely no way that these trunks were "tested" and miraculously held up without cracking. Just another evidence of what clearly appears to be lies coming from the Mottel. If you knowingly make a product out of an inferior material, then you deserve to take a hit, to make things right. Period.

Also, if there isn't a poll for this issue, there should be. But only for those who's snout is broken. If yours is fine you shouldn't vote, because it may break in the future, and you would need to add yours to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Lody View Post
    I dont know why everyone is complaining. To get such a weird and obscure character like Snout Spout was a blessing.
    Are you being serious? He isn't a weird and obscure figure. He is one of the main heroes that was released in the vintage line. And he was one of the wanted figures! People are complaining cause they have a figure, like The Goddess who was made from crappy materials! The foam is cracking and falling apart and the figure is less than 6 months old! And again The Brand Manager is trying to sweep the issue under the rug cause he refuses to admit to the problem cause it reflects badly onto him! Not the first time and it will not be the last time. Their only reason of course now is to That you have to send the figure back for a replacement or refund. Oh wait! You can't cause the 30 days have past! NO replacements available to begin with and no refund! So we're stuck with poor quality product! It's the issues like this that have people upset! It's Scott's actions like this that have people dislike him! This is why people hate Digital River. And this is why many will not be buying subs in July.

I so wish one of the amazing customizers here was able to make a replacement trunk for him. But I have the cool looking 200X statction on the way. Since I decided to take action into my own hands!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Could some sort of glaze or spray be applied to the foam to give it a hard, outer coating?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Could some sort of glaze or spray be applied to the foam to give it a hard, outer coating?
    That wouldn't help the issue when the foam inside is breaking down. You already have some with the truck all but snapped in half. You can't glue the together! If your figure hasn't started to have these issues. If you put him in a air tight container it might prolong the issue. Again the only options available is to have a trunk made out of another material that is able to withstand movement of being bended into a shape or make it so it doesn't bend at all!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I just checked one of my two loose Snout Spouts and the one that had his trunk posed with the end slightly up? Yeah, major damage. Totally split and ripped. It's not noticeable if he's posed in a neutral position, but it is damaged.

See? That's why I don't want vac-metal or any kind of squishy, bendy material. Just give me hard plastic please.

I knew Snout Spout was going to have issues, just as I knew Hurricane Hordak was.

Luckily, I have another loose Snout Spout with his trunk in a neutral position. No apparent damage.

I may take Snout Spout with the damaged trunk and pop the black palace guard head onto him as a human version of Snout Spout. Or maybe the alternate Bow head? Ah, who knows.

I definitely want a 200x version of Snout Spout with a hard plastic trunk now to fix this problem.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Has anyone tried to attach a vintage nose to the new figure?
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

My Spout's trunk is just fine!

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Well add my Trunk to the list of splits. Just got my figures out of my display cabinet and noticed old Snout Spouts trunk is split, Split almost all the way through. I played with a heap of figures with my daughter but SS stayed in the cabinet. Like he was grounded, couldnt come out and play.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Sheesh! Good thing he's not defective eh...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar