Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: WARNING: Snout Spout's trunk breaks!

Did anyone had any trouble with a moc snout spout's trunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    Well here it is straight from DR....

"Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

We have received your request for a replacement of the Snout Spout
    figure from your order ___________.

We apologize, however due to the fact that this product came out in
    2011, we no longer have any stock available in our warehouse or
    replacements. When it came out, the Snout Spout was quite popular and
    all sellable stock was depleted, along with any reserve stock which was
    saved for replacements.

At this time, we can offer you a refund on the product, but we are
    unable to provide a replacement. Please reply if you would like us to
    process this refund. You will not be required to return the product.

Sincerely,
    Jessica W.
    MattyCollector.com online store
    Customer Service
    "

Scott saying they would give me a replacement got my hopes up. This is just not acceptable. Now I'm stuck with a garbage Snout Spout and have to go to the secondary market.
    Ok, now How explain the Cyber monday's Snout Spout sales please?
    You got the answer the 18/09, the sales were starting the 21/11 two months after and it was stated that is was a limited replacement stock left...so

I have just found out that my Snout Spout has little cracks in the nose! From the beginning I suspected the trunk was kind of fragile, then I only bent it gently twice. Its been only one year and now it is cracked.
    I agree with you all that we need a replacement head or something. They already have the mold. How difficult could it be????

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    Well here it is straight from DR....

Scott saying they would give me a replacement got my hopes up. This is just not acceptable. Now I'm stuck with a garbage Snout Spout and have to go to the secondary market.
    This is not good at all. They refused to replace your figure when Scott said they would? So they lied AND denied you a replacement and 3 months later he was offered in BF/CM, and now he's been offered AGAIN on January. That really does suck.

And keeping with the subject of the trunk, since I received my figure two months later after I bought him on the DOS (thanks to my incompetent courier service), I already knew about the defective trunk. So I left the trunk as-is. I have never bent it, not even once. I don't even touch it. It's still holding up. Hopefully it'll stay that way. If not, well, I'll have to find a way to fix it.

Forgive me not looking back through the whole thread: has anyone successfully swapped in a Vintage trunk on Snout Spout? I saw a few at an antique mall yesterday, and though my MOTUC version is still fine, I wondered.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Forgive me not looking back through the whole thread: has anyone successfully swapped in a Vintage trunk on Snout Spout? I saw a few at an antique mall yesterday, and though my MOTUC version is still fine, I wondered.
    I too would like to know.....maybe even make him spit water

Heroic Warrior
    Same thing happened to me. Tried to get a replacement on my Snouty a few mounts back and was given a refund instead. They told me none were left to give out, and now they are selling them again. Weird. I asked about it over at the matty forums, so hopefully we'll get an answer.

Nobody's tried a Vintage swap-out for the trunk?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

If they are just now releasing a unmasked Zodak head with Strobo I see no reason they cannot issue a new Snout Spout Head with a upcoming figure.
    I would love to add Snout Spout to my collection but refuse to buy one due to the trunk issue.

Heroic Warrior
    Scott has answered a bunch of new questions over on the Matty Forums, but he failed to answer my question...

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/9081022697

Given the promises that are continually made about replacements being offered for defective items (Granamyr in recent weeks for example) this seems like a really important time to be building customer confidence rather than simply sweeping this issue under the rug. I can't understand why he would have chosen to skip my question. I'm really put off by the fact that I was given a refund rather than a replacement. This is not in line with what Scott has suggested Matty policy actually is.

I guess I'll have to ask it again.

EDIT:

Except now Snout Spout and Flipshot are not being offered in the January sale... instead we are oddly being offered Griffin and Horde Prime. Why would this have changed simply because Ram Man is delayed? Weird.